Trucker's Convoy

West

1 hour ago, West said:

If there's any violence it'll be because Trudeau has incited hatred and division toward a group of people over a medical decision. 

I agree.

I don't know if you heard, but in Windsor a trucker who doesn't agree with the convoy smashed his own truck into one of the convoy trucks.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

And what do you think the results will be of dismissing the convoy as some fringe element and suppressing its important message?  

I think Trudeau is making a bad mistake by making his speech today about this being a "fringe minority".

There are a lot of people who would also like to drive to Ottawa but they can't.

They're the ones lining the highways and overpasses, meeting the truckers with flags and signs everywhere they stop.  The ones who have donated over $5 million to support this protest.

Edited by Goddess

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I think Trudeau is making a bad mistake by making his speech today about this being a "fringe minority".

There are a lot of people who would also like to drive to Ottawa but they can't.

They're the ones lining the highways and overpasses, meeting the truckers with flags and signs everywhere they stop.  The ones who have donated over $5 million to support this protest.

I just hope the media covers this without inserting a biased interpretation.  Something tells me the movement to end restrictions will grow.  If it doesn’t, we’re in trouble.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I just hope the media covers this without inserting a biased interpretation.  Something tells me the movement to end restrictions will grow.  If it doesn’t, we’re in trouble.  

I think we might be in trouble, too.

We have the most draconian restrictions in the free world and a Prime Minister who is arrogant and power-hungry.

He's not likely to backdown - more likely to get revenge by doubling down.  He has to save face somehow.  The world is watching.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

The Debaters is good as are a few shows from the old days that live on. Quirks & Quarks, for example. Indeed CBC Radio suffers at the expense of the other mediums.

Other mediums is right.

I think that part of the reason that podcasts have overtaken radio is the fact that it's so completely merit-based.

People don't get hired to do podcasts based on their popularity, or because they check all of the intersectionality boxes, they just start them up by themselves and then they sink or swim.

And even if the CBC lucked out and hired a guy like Joe Rogan he'd be unceremoniously dumped at the first sign of 'controversy' anyways, and by controversy I mean 'the first time that he said anything worth listening to'. 

Leftist snowflakes think that unless a show blows sunshine up their arses 24/7 it needs to be cancelled and the CBC is as mamby pamby as a dithering butterfly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I agree.

I don't know if you heard, but in Windsor a trucker who doesn't agree with the convoy smashed his own truck into one of the convoy trucks.

The ultimate cancel-culture move. "I don't agree with the message, so I'll use violence to stop it."

It's actually a serious crime to use a vehicle as a weapon, and the driver's insurance won't cover him for that kind of damage either. Hopefully he's charged criminally and he's not allowed to collect gofundme cash from Kamala Harris, Justin Trudeau et al to help pay for his crime. 

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The ultimate cancel-culture move. "I don't agree with the message, so I'll use violence to stop it."

It's actually a serious crime to use a vehicle as a weapon, and the driver's insurance won't cover him for that kind of damage either. Hopefully he's charged criminally and he's not allowed to collect gofundme cash from Kamala Harris, Justin Trudeau et al to help pay for his crime. 

It did scare the convoy.  The death threats and wishes that have been leveled against anyone who doesn't support mandatory vaccinations have been building, inflamed by Trudeau.  Some in the convoy have reported they feel a definite "cold shoulder" in Ontario.  It's the first province they've gotten F fingers and stuff thrown at the rigs, etc.

If there's more violence - it won't be from the truckers.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

The convoy is in Windsor? ?

Well, you're apparently the expert on the convoy, you tell us.  

You know the real truth right?  Like that the organizer likes the Maverick Party (info from Celebrilla ?) so is therefore some kind of deranged lunatic who's going to make off with all the money and that there's only about 10-20 trucks.......

Tell us what you know, O Keeper of Truth About The Convoy.

13 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

And even if the CBC lucked out and hired a guy like Joe Rogan he'd be unceremoniously dumped at the first sign of 'controversy' anyways, and by controversy I mean 'the first time that he said anything worth listening to'. 

I find nothing too radical about the man. He speaks from his heart and others can see that...many others. His detractors seem to have to invent stuff about him in order to smear him...my observation.  

And there are many others like him with their chunk of the media viewing audience. Sincere people trying hard to be heard while speaking their minds. The MSM and their politicos view that as war...war on their territory. How dare these rebels exist let alone broadcast. They must be crushed.

So we'll see...

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I find nothing too radical about the man.

My boss listens to his podcasts every day, so I have to listen to his podcasts every day ?

I find the same thing - Rogan has people, doctors, scientists from both sides.  They discuss.

There is no other platform that allows debate from both sides.

His interview with Sanjay  Gupta (SP?) was interesting - he's pro-vax of course.  But Joe got him to admit that CNN totally mislead the public about Ivermectin by calling it "horse dewormer."  There was never anyone ODing on it, the same as there's no one drinking urine, which Dialamah insists is being done and promoted by "anti-vaxxers" but I'm all over the alternative news sources and I still haven't seen that mentioned even once. 

Only ever heard that here. By her.

Sort of like her, "Waitresses everywhere are being harassed daily by anti-vaxxers and I question every waitress about it and they are just in tears, crying and breaking down from the great amount of abuse they take from anti-vaxxers."

Mmmm Hmmmm??

The "anti-vaxxers" who can't go into restaurants?  How are they bringing all these waitresses to tears and trauma?

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Goddess said:

My boss listens to his podcasts every day, so I have to listen to his podcasts every day ?

I find the same thing - Rogan has people, doctors, scientists from both sides.  They discuss.

There is no other platform that allows debate from both sides.

His interview with Sanjay  Gupta (SP?) was interesting - he's pro-vax of course.  But Joe got him to admit that CNN totally mislead the public about Ivermectin by calling it "horse dewormer."  There was never anyone ODing on it, the same as there's no one drinking urine, which Dialamah insists is being done and promoted by "anti-vaxxers" but I'm all over the alternative news sources and I still haven't seen that mentioned even once. 

Only ever heard that here. By her.

Sort of like her, "Waitresses everywhere are being harassed daily by anti-vaxxers and I question every waitress about it and they are just in tears, crying and breaking down from the great amount of abuse they take from anti-vaxxers."

Mmmm Hmmmm??

The "anti-vaxxers" who can't go into restaurants?  How are they bringing all these waitresses to tears and trauma?

Everyone I know who is working thinks the restrictions are over the top and doing more damage than good.  What’s particularly sad is seeing people’s hope fade.   Working all day in masks after all the vaccinations and lockdowns is depressing.  In Canada the sense of powerlessness is palpable, the feeling that masking will continue indefinitely.  It doesn’t have to be this way.  Other jurisdictions are restoring freedoms and managing risk without restrictions.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I wanna see Justin address these truckers in Ottawa. But I doubt he has the spine for that. He'll likely hide and come out to pontificate after they are dispersed. 

"ummmm......errrrrr.....ah.......fringe minoritiy....ummmm.....errrrr.....nothing to ahhhhhhh......see here folks......errrrr.........ummmmmm......vaccination is the......ahhhhhhh....errrr.....only way out......errrrrr....."

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I wanna see Justin address these truckers in Ottawa. But I doubt he has the spine for that. He'll likely hide and come out to pontificate after they are dispersed. 

Justin is trying to paint the massive movement against restrictions and mandates as fringe and radical.  The CBC started their coverage tonight with dramatic close ups of Trudeau badmouthing the convoy.  It didn’t ring true.  CTV was more even-handed.  I sense a transformation in public sentiment.  If Trudeau isn’t careful, he may soon be quoted back to himself as dismissing a majority of the country.  He looks like a phoney.  Normal, good, smart people from all backgrounds, education levels, and income levels are challenging pandemic measures.  Trudeau has miscalculated.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

Just now, West said:

You forgot.. 

Raaaacist... er um mysoginissstttt.. bigottt

Or from today: "people with unacceptable views."

Yesssssssss......because people who believe in freedom and The Charter and the basic human right to bodily autonomy are clearly deranged lunatics........totally unacceptable.

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

"ummmm......errrrrr.....ah.......fringe minoritiy....ummmm.....errrrr.....nothing to ahhhhhhh......see here folks......errrrr.........ummmmmm......vaccination is the......ahhhhhhh....errrr.....only way out......errrrrr....."

Yup. Just not as sharp as his pop was.

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Justin is trying to paint the massive movement against restrictions and mandates as fringe and radical.  The CBC started their coverage tonight with dramatic close ups of Trudeau badmouthing the convoy.  It didn’t ring true.  CTV was more even-handed.  I sense a transformation in public sentiment.  If Trudeau isn’t careful, he may soon be quoted back to himself as dismissing a majority of the country.  He looks like a phoney.  Normal, good, smart people from all backgrounds, education levels, and income levels are challenging pandemic measures.  Trudeau has miscalculated.

Miscalculated?

Drama teachers don't do well with math.

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

They're the ones lining the highways and overpasses, meeting the truckers with flags and signs everywhere

Funny you shoyld mention it. We got a message from local police that the overpass will be shut down tomorrow by cops for at least 3 hours while the trucks go by. No cars or pedestrians allowed.

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

nah Trudeau has the calculation right

people ain't gonna flip to the trucker's side on this

the tide isn't turning

Canadians are too dumb, they fall for that extremist bullshit

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Funny you shoyld mention it. We got a message from local police that the overpass will be shut down tomorrow by cops for at least 3 hours while the trucks go by. No cars or pedestrians allowed.

OPP shuts down highway cams along the 401 convoy route: camera outages start on page 27

https://511on.ca/cctv?start=260&length=10&order[i]=1&order[dir]=asc

convoy 8.jpg

windsor.jpg

Edited by Goddess

8 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Headingley, MB was where the Hutterites were preparing the dinner for the convoy.  RCMP blocked access to the area.  That was why the colonies packed everything up and followed the convoy until they stopped again and could rest and eat.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yup, the CBC has been doing Justin’s work for him, here’s a link of them hyping the idea of extremists within the convoy.

(Although I hate to give them any extra views)

Funny how they never look into extremism within their own ranks…Ottawa, I hope you like the smell of diesel!

Edited by sharkman

16 hours ago, Aristides said:

I was just agreeing with MH that 200 - 300  a lot of trucks but nowhere near the  70km that Goddess claimed.

There is a double standard on this issue clearly.

Those who claim the MSM lies .... I *suppose* feel that they don't have to hold up the same standard in their personal communication that professional journalists do.  I don't get it, but maybe it says something about how they view institutions as being positioned "above" them.

The idea being that those on high are not up to a golden standard so why should they have any standards at all.

So... 50,000 trucks, Facebook groups disappearing, highway cams blacked out, Trudeau quotes, physical attacks, location of the convoy, fake pictures of trucks with green grass, fake pictures of store shelves, being called viscous names by the CBC.... 

It doesn't matter to them that they throw these kinds of (I'll be generous here) RUMOURS around because they don't see themselves as having the same standard of proof.

Anyway that's as near as I can figure it.