Trucker's Convoy

West

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

So you go around to stores, bars and restaurants and ask the staff about how many times they were attacked by the "unvaxxed"?

Okay...sure. That's normal. And believable...heh.

Yup, when we're in we ask, "how's your day been?"  Or, 'any ,one have problems with the new rules?" Sometimes they get weepy talking about the way these a-holes behave.  

But at least we can tell them that we appreciate them and what they do, and make up for the anti-everything jerks - who are well represented on this forum.

Just now, Aristides said:

I don't give a crap whether you read it of not, just don't claim you have when you haven't.

Heh...I'll do you one better. I used to work for them. Back when they were still a real broadcaster with real talent running the place.

Just now, dialamah said:

Yup, when we're in we ask, "how's your day been?"  Or, 'any ,one have problems with the new rules?" Sometimes they get weepy talking about the way these a-holes behave.  

But at least we can tell them that we appreciate them and what they do, and make up for the anti-everything jerks - who are well represented on this forum.

Interesting that the only anti-vax workers I’ve met work in healthcare.  The nurse who gave me the last jab thought the restrictions are ridiculous.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Funny how when others use anecdotes you call them liars. And rag on them for using anecdotes.

Your anecdotes are true but anyone who has one that disagrees with your view is a liar.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Pretty demented. Of course, you're sure to ask if they've been accosted by vax-Nazis at the same time....

:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Heh...I'll do you one better. I used to work for them. Back when they were still a real broadcaster with real talent running the place.

It used to have some real giants doing commentary.  I remember seeing coverage of people like Pierre Berton, Mordecai Richler, Farley Mowat, Alice Munro.  TVO used to have the incredible Elwy Yost… Now the CBC can’t even get Hockey Night in Canada right, or whatever it’s called now.  Not a lot of substance on Canadian public television anymore, not that CTV is any better.  

• Like 1

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

It used to have some real giants doing commentary.  I remember seeing coverage of people like Pierre Berton, Mordecai Richler, Farley Mowat, Alice Munro.  TVO used to have the incredible Elwy Yost… Now the CBC can’t even get Hockey Night in Canada right, or whatever it’s called now.  Not a lot of substance on Canadian public television anymore, not that CTV is any better.  

CBC Radio in particular used to be a very special place. So much talent...from Arthur Black to Peter Gzowski. Dead Dog Cafe...Finkleman's 45s...endless great programing.

Now it is just crap...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Funny how when others use anecdotes you call them liars. And rag on them for using anecdotes.

Your anecdotes are true but anyone who has one that disagrees with your view is a liar.

I don't say they're lying, I say anecdotes are not data.  Which is true of my anecdotes, as well, and which you or DoP could counter by reminding me that anecdotes are not data, if either of you had any sense.

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

I don't say they're lying, I say anecdotes are not data.  Which is true of my anecdotes, as well, and which you or DoP could counter by reminding me that anecdotes are not data, if either of you had any sense.

I don't have a problem with anecdotes.

You do.

Share them all you want.

But don't be a hypocrite by ragging on others for sharing them and calling them liars and then doing it yourself.

Is the point.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I don't have a problem with anecdotes.

You do.

Share them all you want.

But don't be a hypocrite by ragging on others for sharing them and calling them liars and then doing it yourself.

Is the point.

Nonetheless, anti-whatever are in the news and on YouTube demonstrating their willingness to engage in violence.  My personal experience shows along with  conversations with people who serve the public shows the same thing.  But somehow the "anti" people claim they're about to be attacked - I'd call that projection.

But, I'll help you out - people who attack others for stupid reasons are the fringe of any group.  Most anti-mask/vax either don't go to those places or they comply to save hassle.  It's too bad some small minority pick on people who are just trying to do their jobs.

35 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

CBC Radio in particular used to be a very special place. So much talent...from Arthur Black to Peter Gzowski. Dead Dog Cafe...Finkleman's 45s...endless great programing.

Now it is just crap...

They keep getting their budgets cut, what do you expect. Still enjoy The Debaters on radio. Canada has some really sharp comics.

38 minutes ago, Aristides said:

They keep getting their budgets cut, what do you expect. Still enjoy The Debaters on radio. Canada has some really sharp comics.

The Debaters is good as are a few shows from the old days that live on. Quirks & Quarks, for example. Indeed CBC Radio suffers at the expense of the other mediums. Which is really too bad as when we lose radio...which is free for the most part...it will not return in our lifetimes as we knew it. I felt that way when much of Canada abandoned AM broadcasts. Well...that's gone. The car trip just got boring...

Oddly, it's things like Chinese, Pakistani language stations that are granted AM licenses now. But the AM band is a joke compared to how it used to be. Thousands of radio stations from far-far-away.

Pay Radio? Meh...soulless.

College Radio...the last hope for the medium. But it has always been the last hope. And the 'staff' turnover is...as you can imagine...frequent.

:D

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, West said:

Well it took a little bit longer than I suspected but finally the left wingers are jumping up and down about how "racist" the convoy is. Sad but predictable

The muck of choice for the left. Everybody is a racist....well...xceptin' me.

For those nitpicking on the exact number or length of the convoy, it's difficult to tell.

Drone footage shows it to be over 70 kms long, but that was a couple days ago.  They pick up more trucks as they go.

One branch started from Vancouver, another started from the Maritimes, now the US truckers are joining from the south.

The convoy was talked about briefly on Joe Rogan's podcast today and he showed a couple videos of it.

43 minutes ago, Goddess said:

From Youtube, check it out before it disappears.

Disappears from YouTube?  Like we heard that the Facebook group did?

Honestly why do these Convoy people feel like they can bullshit as freely as their hated Trudeau does?

Webcam conspiracies, Trudeau quotes that nobody can back up, disappearing Facebook pages and 50,000+ trucks.

It is going to be even harder for people to take this seriously next time folks...

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Honestly why do these Convoy people feel like they can bullshit as freely as their hated Trudeau does?

Webcam conspiracies, Trudeau quotes that nobody can back up, disappearing Facebook pages and 50,000+ trucks.

It is going to be even harder for people to take this seriously next time folks...

Ya, sorry, Michael.

I couldn't find answers for you on that trusted investigative journal you believe in - Celebrilla.

18 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

And what do you think the results will be of dismissing the convoy as some fringe element and suppressing its important message?   Trudeau has underestimated the public’s intelligence.  Blanket, blunt instrument restrictions and mandates are not serving us well.  People have complied and sacrificed in untold ways.  Omicron impacts the vast majority of people like a flu.  It’s fair to demand that restrictions be eliminated given the high toll they have taken after so much vaccination and compliance. Covid is here to stay.  Does that mean restrictions should be too?  We have to live normal lives taking whatever precautions we see fit for ourselves, not living under endless dictates, waiting for permission to live our short lives.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2