Trucker's Convoy

West

7 minutes ago, West said:

Looks like its 80%-20% in favor of freedom. 

Screenshot_20220125-154026_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think it's partly because a lot of people are starting to resent that they were forced to vaccinate on threat of losing their job.

Some of them have turned into Vax Nazis -  "Get vaccinated or go to jail" but deep down, I think they also resent that they were forced and feel that if they were forced, everyone else should be too.

Some are just still buying into the "deadliest pandemic in human history" narrative because they were never told that covid is marginally more infectious than the seasonal flu and the same demographics are at risk from it, as the flu.

2 minutes ago, West said:

Deep down even those most pro vaxx know these policies don't feel right and deep down know we are in trouble.

One of my favourite quotes is Walt Whitman:

"Re-examine all you have been told. Dismiss what insults your soul."

Talk of segregating, the sowing of division and hatred by the government, talk of taxing, jailing people, not extending healthcare to fellow citizens, people losing their jobs over basically a very slightly worse flu, the blind reliance on an industry that has incurred some of the worst billion dollar fines for fraud in history, the insane media propaganda......

I don't know why the things that are happening with this pandemic don't insult some people's soul.

The convoy has been in touch with each large city they go through and have been working with police to determine best routes.

Here is one example.

I know when they came though our city, they staggered the impact, several hundred trucks stayed back til others were finished refueling and resting.

convoy.jpg

Maybe they're not the bunch of deranged lunatics some of you are painting them as?

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

Just want to point something out here if I may.

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Sure

2. 3. 4. Yeah maybe.

On 9/26/2020 at 9:34 AM, OftenWrong said:

I can just sit back and wait for the truth to come out, and watch you people come around.

One by one they fall. Because the truth is unstoppable.

You cannot fool all the people, all the time.

5 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Are there a lot of communist investment managers in your fantasy world?  

Your loud complaints about discrimination are falling on deaf ears.  Rational people see it for the ironic reach that it is.  

I was just gonna sit this one out but then I read this...and heard Go Fund Me has frozen the donations to the Trucker Convoy. So...

Moonbox...you suggest that being an investment manager means you couldn't possibly be a commie. I assure you this is not true at all and your ignorance with regards to this is...rather revealing. Your position/statement here is very reminiscent of the typical commie.

Now...I heard on the radio that the Go Fund Me money for this convoy has been frozen. If true, this is such a purely childish reaction, that it must have been concocted by scared little snots who make incredibly uninformed and dictatorial posts on chat-boards like this one.

Edited by Nationalist

Canada is in serious trouble.  Covid is the excuse for the totalitarian restrictions and communist-style identification documents that we’re forced to carry to enjoy basic freedoms that are always a case count away from suspension. There is no burden on the provincial and federal governments of justification.  The Charter of Rights and Freedoms might as well not exist.

Review the narrative: Covid will never be mild enough, people will never be vaccinated enough, and the population will never be restricted enough, for the government to restore your rights. These totalitarian moves have nothing to do with the threat of serious illness and death.  Today Covid is a threat not unlike flu. Most people are vaccinated.

This is about state control.  Sadly, many people haven’t figured it out.  The daily news scares and normalization of restrictions have inculcated the de facto end of democracy.  I hope the people demand its return.

The convoy is an expression of the public’s resistance. Only the people can ensure that it grows and doesn’t become one of the last gasps of opposition to digital totalitarianism.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Now...I heard on the radio that the Go Fund Me money for this convoy has been frozen. If true, this is such a purely childish reaction, that it must have been concocted by scared little snots who make incredibly uninformed and dictatorial posts on chat-boards like this one.

Doesn’t matter to the truckers though. They started the convoy on their own dime.

Don’t need no goddam leftist-lieberal gofundme.

;) 

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The daily news scares and normalization of restrictions have inculcated the de facto end of democracy.  I hope the people demand its return.

Maybe the end chapter of the modern democracy began a while back and we are going through a few final pages? A huge majority, probably in the 90% of adult population are dependent on someone or something for livelihood: a private company boss or a government. Most roles in the society are either dependence or obligation; sure there's a day every so many years and that's pretty much it. As citizens we're supposed to own the democracy but in reality could not do anything about anything. This is not a situation that facilitates independent opinion and critical questioning. And now governments are rediscovering what fear and massive propaganda can do to create alternative narratives and realities.

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

If so then it must be pretty tempting for the sheeple like you,

Excuse me? You're the one's baaaaaing the same thing over and over and over again - commies...fascists...Nazi's...over and over again. Every single day after day after day.  In every single thread here and it's exactly the same in any other forum your ilk is found.  It's what your prime news sources repeat, some of them several times per hour.  It's pure groupthink with a capital G.

There is nothing like this monotone chanting or baaaaaing whatsoever coming from anywhere on the left.  Not a speck.       

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Now...I heard on the radio that the Go Fund Me money for this convoy has been frozen. If true, this is such a purely childish reaction, that it must have been concocted by scared little snots

The funds have been released now.  Tamara had to provide more details on how the money was going to be spent, due to the charges of it being a "terrorist organization."  She cooperated fully and the funds were unfrozen.

There is a lawyer, accountants and bookkeepers who have volunteered their time and expertise. Truckers have to register with the convoy organizers to receive any funds.  All of the cars you see joining the convoy are doing so on their own dime.  There is a retired trucker and his wife from Fort Mac driving with them in his own rig - he is doing it on his own dime.

Truckers from the US are now coming up to join them.  I believe they are also doing this on their own dime or are raising their own funds.

The highway cameras continue to be turned off along the route, turned on again when the convoy is past. No matter, there is plenty of video being shot. ?  Rebel News seems to be the only news company following them - literally following them. 

The crowds are amazing and the chat sites and pages are full of posts from other countries extending their appreciation and support - lots of trucking companies from all around the world sending pics of their rigs and staff in support of the Canadian convoy.

It's great to see.

• Like 1

If it’s true that cameras are being turned off so that the protests aren’t captured on film, laws are being broken and law suits should come forward.  Hopefully some of that $4 million raised on gofundme can go towards legal action.  The operation of highway safety cameras should not have any political interference.  

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

If it’s true that cameras are being turned off so that the protests aren’t captured on film, laws are being broken and law suits should come forward.  Hopefully some of that $4 million raised on gofundme can go towards legal action.  The operation of highway safety cameras should not have any political interference.  

Any leftover money will be given to Veteran's associations.  That's the plan now, anyways.

So they’re going to Ottawa, and they’re bringing heavy iron( to the federal government minions presently   scouring the internet looking for any excuses that they can makes claims of inciting hate in order to shut down the convoy:  “heavy iron” does not refer to guns.  It refers to semi trucks.  Second, the only way you are going to get examples of inciting hatred is if you insert agents into the rallies and have them attack people or something like that.  Better get on it…)

This weekend is going to be some kind of show!  It will be interesting to see how they try to suppress this story.  After about three weeks of Ottawa jammed with trucks, and nation after nation starting to lift Covid restrictions, we may even see young Trudeau crack under the pressure…

• Like 1

It’s time for governments to end the oppression.  My colleagues, friends, staff, family, everyone I know feels like a dark cloud hangs over them.  Their communities are broken.  Nowhere to go and nothing to do.  Even when we could briefly go to a bar or restaurant, people were divided from each other in cubicles.  No extra-curricular activities.  Churches and arenas half empty or shuttered.  Children and adults staring endlessly at glass, alone in front of their computers.  For what?  We’ve done what we were told.  We’ve taken the shots and warn the masks and watched businesses and people fall apart as our government racks up massive debt.  Still the restrictions persist.  End this madness.  End all restrictions immediately.  You have the resources to protect yourself from Covid.  You can’t protect yourself from mandates and restrictions.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

So they’re going to Ottawa, and they’re bringing heavy iron( to the federal government minions presently   scouring the internet looking for any excuses that they can makes claims of inciting hate in order to shut down the convoy:  “heavy iron” does not refer to guns.  It refers to semi trucks.  Second, the only way you are going to get examples of inciting hatred is if you insert agents into the rallies and have them attack people or something like that.  Better get on it…)

This weekend is going to be some kind of show!  It will be interesting to see how they try to suppress this story.  After about three weeks of Ottawa jammed with trucks, and nation after nation starting to lift Covid restrictions, we may even see young Trudeau crack under the pressure…

CBC is working VERY hard to make this look like a group of fringe lunatics...probably white supremacists Trump supporters packing heat. 

You know the type.......

Edited by DogOnPorch