Trucker's Convoy

West

What sock boy doesn’t get is that there will never be enough vaccinations to end Covid, because the continuation of the pandemic has nothing to do with the actual health impacts of the virus anymore.  Now we have to contend with additional inflation of trucking costs when inflation was already soaring.  Dumb and irresponsible policies that will only raise the cost of living.  End these ridiculous and ineffectual mandates and restrictions immediately.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, West said:

because of sock boys stupidity. 

Not to mention that this country's food supply critically depends on the supplies from the South this time of year, at -20C.

Is it just stupidity or deliberate raising of tensions by pushing a patently failed ideological agenda, when other countries are removing restrictions? I can't be certain any longer here.

Edited by myata
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok but why now?

Have you not been following this story in the media? It's sad how the government cocked this up. They flip-flopped three times on this until finally imposing the mandate at the last minute, after releasing their "decision" one day before that they wouldn't impose the mandate! I mean, come on.

Sounds like somebody on high has simply put their foot down and said "No." Someone who is un poseur vide...

;)

The real problem is that there are no means, instruments, forums for a normal responsible civic dialogue on important issues in the country. These events are showing very clearly where it could lead if ignored and unchecked by the society. Existing political framework and institutions are grossly inadequate and incompetent in this task. I'm not sure who or what will help us in this conundrum.

10 hours ago, West said:

It looks like there will be a large truckers convoy starting in BC and rolling through to Ottawa to oppose Trudeau's vile vaccine mandates for the trucking industry. We are in for a rough ride as as many as 40k trucks will come off the road because of sock boys stupidity. 

https://canada-unity.com/bearhug/

The Americans will require cross border truckers to be fully vaccinated starting tomorrow, all we did was start a week earlier. Truckers had to know this was coming and they have had eight months to do something about it.

Edited by Aristides

9 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It's starting to sound like this convoy is just another excuse for the anti-vax anti-measures its-just-a-cold crowd to vent.

It'll be interesting to see how many vaccinated truckers waste their time with it.

The vaccinated ones will be very busy doing their jobs.

51 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It's starting to sound like this convoy is just another excuse for the anti-vax anti-measures its-just-a-cold crowd to vent.

It'll be interesting to see how many vaccinated truckers waste their time with it.

It's to protest the vax passports/mandates for everyone.

World Health Organization Says COVID-Related Travel Restrictions Should Be Lifted | TravelPulse

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Good. I make my living from tourists and like the vast majority of my associates and peers I prefer they can prove they've been vaccinated. 

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It says they should be based on risk assessment. I'm in favour of no restrictions for the fully vaccinated, if for no other reason than to keep foreigners from plugging up our hospitals.