Political Scams

West

19 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Are you suggesting Iraq had something to do with 9/11?

I hope you're not a 5 star general with access to powerful weapons.

As I recall Iraq had launched Skud missiles into Israel in the past.  Saddam Hussein was no friend of the west and was probably building secret weapons.  He attacked Kuwait not long ago.  Remember the Gulf War?

11 minutes ago, H B Lowrey said:

The Taliban says "hi".

Afghanistan is not in the middle east my friend, atleast not according to the world atlas, And while the taliban have moved back into power they are not the same organization as they were once, most of that leadership is buried in the desert...but yes they are another organization that won't be missed if they disappear. 

18 minutes ago, H B Lowrey said:

I don't get how you think dropping Saddam, who the west had partnered with as well as Bin Laden, did anything about 9/11.  Or Afghanistan for that matter.  And given how the US is so cavalier about 860,100 american COVID deaths and counting, 3000 seems paltry in comparison.  

As for the adherents of the 3 male dominator god religions vomited up in the middle east being unable to live with each other in peace, I don't think they want to.  They've/you've had plenty of time to work on that.

You prove again you know nothing about the three major religions.  I am not going to be your personal tutor and try to teach you everything. You will have to do some studying and learn yourself.  America is the west's strongest defender of freedom we have.  Has nothing to do with Covid.  Nice try.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

As I recall Iraq had launched Skud missiles into Israel in the past. 

What's that got to do with using comics to scam America into another war?

Saddam Hussein was no friend of the west and was probably building secret weapons.

Just probably now? Not even comic books are required for pretext?

He attacked Kuwait not long ago.  Remember the Gulf War?

Sure. What's that got to do with using comics to scam America into another war with him?

Edited by eyeball

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

laws and presidential powers aside, perhaps the world would be a better place with dictators running around invading other countries, i mean that was what all those conflicts were about right the US playing the worlds cop...do you see the world being a better place with these aggressors free to do what they want.

I see people arguing over which aggressor should be able to get to do what they want and promising peace via endless war.

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Afghanistan is not in the middle east my friend, atleast not according to the world atlas, And while the taliban have moved back into power they are not the same organization as they were once, most of that leadership is buried in the desert...but yes they are another organization that won't be missed if they disappear. 

You're aware that the US partnered with the Taliban, and Saddam, and Osama, yeah?

2 hours ago, PIK said:

On the WMDs, I think they knew Saddam had them because america sold them to him. And I think he shipped it all off to Iran, before the invasion.

A common myth.

America shipped Saddam many things as part of food for oil programs...nerve gas agents and precursors were not on the list. What they did send was thiodiglycol which has many uses...from inks to insecticides. Saddam used it to make a limited amount of 'mustard gas'...sulfur mustard. Which while a very annoying...even crippling blister agent, isn't a true WMD like VX or sarin. 

You are correct that the bulk of Saddam's chemical weapons program made it to Syria (not Iran) before the invasion. The convoys were even tracked as they went.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

You prove again you know nothing about the three major religions.  I am not going to be your personal tutor and try to teach you everything. You will have to do some studying and learn yourself.  America is the west's strongest defender of freedom we have.  Has nothing to do with Covid.  Nice try.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn, your assumptions are not my problem.  Grew up in the church.  Mom was the church pianist and choir director, gma the church organist.  Sunday school, vaca bible school, sung in the choir, retreats, youth group, all of that.  You remind me of why I left.  Your sloganeering is feckless up against objective reality.  The US just OK'ed restricting voting rights further.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

A common myth.

America shipped Saddam many things as part of food for oil programs...nerve gas agents and precursors were not on the list. What they did send was thiodiglycol which has many uses...from inks to insecticides. Saddam used it to make a limited amount of 'mustard gas'...sulfur mustard. Which while a very annoying...even crippling blister agent, isn't a true WMD like VX or sarin. 

You are correct that the bulk of Saddam's chemical weapons program made it to Syria (not Iran) before the invasion. The convoys were even tracked as they went.

There is pretty much no one the US won't sell weapons and armament to, including the Saudis.

1 minute ago, H B Lowrey said:

There is pretty much no one the US won't sell weapons and armament to, including the Saudis.

While the Saudis do use a variety of American weapons, they seem to prefer the Germans for the assault rifles and such.

9 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

While the Saudis do use a variety of American weapons, they seem to prefer the Germans for the assault rifles and such.

And we can't even buy a handgun. Sad.

Just now, PIK said:

And we can't even buy a handgun. Sad.

The Saudis really play no favorites when it comes to weapons. The best if possible...second best if not possible. They'd buy a nuclear carrier or sub if they were for sale.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Saudi_Arabian_Army

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Saudi_Navy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Saudi_Air_Force

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

The Saudis really play no favorites when it comes to weapons. The best if possible...second best if not possible. They'd buy a nuclear carrier or sub if they were for sale.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Saudi_Arabian_Army

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Saudi_Navy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Saudi_Air_Force

Why would they?  And how many Saudis were on those planes on 9/11?

1 hour ago, H B Lowrey said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn, your assumptions are not my problem.  Grew up in the church.  Mom was the church pianist and choir director, gma the church organist.  Sunday school, vaca bible school, sung in the choir, retreats, youth group, all of that.  You remind me of why I left.  Your sloganeering is feckless up against objective reality.  The US just OK'ed restricting voting rights further.

Anyone who thinks about voting should understand people should be required to vote in person and produce a photo ID.  Voting by mail opens it to widespread fraud.  Should be no mail in voting.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, H B Lowrey said:

You're aware that the US partnered with the Taliban, and Saddam, and Osama, yeah?

Russian conflict in Afghanistan happened during 1979-1989. 

Sorry the Taliban did not exist during the CIA actions in Afghanistan, US was supporting Mujahedeen, although alot of the Mujahedeen did cross over to the Taliban, but not until much later, 1994 to 1996 they were classified as a militia.... Taliban did not come to the world stage until 1992 after a civil war in Afghanistan 

As for Osama, He hated the US, i doubt he would have anything to do with them during the Russian Afghanistan conflict.

After leaving college in 1979, bin Laden went to Pakistan, joined Abdullah Azzam and used money and machinery from his own construction company to help the Mujahideen resistance in the Soviet–Afghan War.[98] He later told a journalist: "I felt outraged that an injustice had been committed against the people of Afghanistan."[99] From 1979 to 1992, the United States (as part of CIA activities in Afghanistan, specifically Operation Cyclone), Saudi Arabia, and China provided between $6–12 billion worth of financial aid and weapons to tens of thousands of mujahideen through Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).[100] British journalist Jason Burke wrote that "He did not receive any direct funding or training from the US during the 1980s. Nor did his followers. The Afghan mujahideen, via Pakistan's ISI intelligence agency, received large amounts of both. Some bled to the Arabs fighting the Soviets but nothing significant."[101] Bin Laden met and built relations with Hamid Gul, who was a three-star general in the Pakistani army and head of the ISI agency. Although the United States provided the money and weapons, the training of militant groups was entirely done by the Pakistani Armed Forces and the ISI.[102] According to some CIA officers, beginning in early 1980, bin Laden acted as a liaison between the Saudi General Intelligence Presidency (GIP) and Afghan warlords, but no evidence of contact between the CIA and Bin Laden exists in the CIA archives. Steve Coll states that although bin Laden may not have been a formal, salaried GIP agent, "it seems clear that bin Laden did have a substantial relationship with Saudi intelligence."[103] 

By 1984, bin Laden and Azzam established Maktab al-Khidamat, which funneled money, arms, and fighters from around the Arab world into Afghanistan. Through al-Khadamat, bin Laden's inherited family fortune[105] paid for air tickets and accommodation, paid for paperwork with Pakistani authorities and provided other such services for the jihadi fighters. Bin Laden established camps inside Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in Pakistan and trained volunteers from across the Muslim world to fight against the Soviet-backed regime, the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan. Between 1986 and 1987, bin Laden set up a base in eastern Afghanistan for several dozen of his own Arab soldiers.[106] From this base, bin Laden participated in some combat activity against the Soviets, such as the Battle of Jaji in 1987.[106] Despite its little strategic significance, the battle was lionized in the mainstream Arab press.[106] It was during this time that he became idolised by many Arabs.[15]

Saddam i'm not sure sure off, but hey 1 out of 3 is a good batting average.

20 hours ago, H B Lowrey said:

I see people arguing over which aggressor should be able to get to do what they want and promising peace via endless war.

They can argue all you want, but if they are going to tell me that life under North Korea rule , Sadam, Muammar Gaddafi,Taliban would have been better, than say democracy offered by the US, then i would say convince me.