Political Scams

West

4 hours ago, West said:

In your opinion, which has been the largest politically driven scams in our history?

1. Y2K

I don't believe it was a government sponsored scam. 

2. Iraq War

The war wasn't the scam. It was the reason for going there. 

3 Trump/Russia collusion

Trump definately had an unhealthy relationship with Russia.  

4. Covid 

There's nothing scam about that. Ask those 800k who are dead if it's a con. 

5. Other

4 hours ago, Colin Norris said:

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/WLD/world/death-rate

Gee. Doesn't really look like The Rona has increased the overall death rate much at all. In fact, it appears our Western society has been hit hardest with our aging population.

14 hours ago, eyeball said:

In living memory? The Invasion of Iraq hands down.  In fact I would argue that the encouragement to suspend disbelief in the absence of evidence then is largely responsible for the capacity to do so today.

The Iraq war was not a scam.  Were you aware that al Qaida terrorists travelled to Iraq by the thousands from all over the middle east when the Americans were there for the sole purpose of fighting the American great Satan.  al Qaeda is just a branch of ISIS.   Who do you think the Americans were fighting against in Iraq?   Have you heard of the war against terrorism after 9-11?  That was what the war in Iraq was all about.  Surprising how widespread ignorance is on the subject of the Iraq war.

Edited by blackbird

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That was what the war in Iraq was all about.

No, it was about mobile chemical warfare labs and WMD's. You've forgotten the comic books Colin Powell produced as evidence?

Surprising how widespread ignorance is on the subject of the Iraq war.

It's not surprising in the least actually.

14 hours ago, West said:

In your opinion, which has been the largest politically driven scams in our history?

1. Y2K

2. Iraq War

3 Trump/Russia collusion

4. Covid

5. Other

The Trump - Russia collusion thing was debunked by the investigation long ago.  Wasted millions of dollars investigating it and found nothing.  Where have you been hiding? 

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No, it was about mobile chemical warfare labs and WMD's. You've forgotten the comic books Colin Powell produced as evidence?

It's not surprising in the least actually.

The WMDs was the pretext the Americans used to go into Iraq but the war itself was part of the war on terror started by the 9-11 attack on America.  If it had been just about getting rid of WMDs the Americans would not have stayed in Iraq for years.  They would have left right away because there was no WMDs in Iraq.  But when the American landed in Iraq, thousands of al Qaida terrorists from all over the middle east travelled there to fight the Americans.  As a result the war on terrorism continued in Iraq for years.

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

FFS, COVID isn't a scam.

This is precisely what I mean by today's capacity to suspend disbelief.

Oh really? What would you call a new virus that only kills the elderly and fat, yet the entire world is shut down for it?

15 hours ago, West said:

1. Y2K

Scam, yeah, but just by techies trying to make a quick buck off the paranoia. Relatively minor.

2. Iraq War

This is #1.

Getting involved in Iraq the second time was a huge scam. The gov't knew that there were no wmds before they attacked

I personally agree with Trump's assessment that we need to just stay out of there and let them do their thing.

3 Trump/Russia collusion

This is a close 2nd.

The Democrat nominee and the FBI committed crimes and ran a show trial against a sitting president, aided by thousands of blatant lies over 4 years by the MSM and ranking Dems.

This is one of those things that you could never write a fictional novel about because it's so bizarre that no one would believe that any of it could happen.

The FBI lost all credibility but the Dems never really had any. 

4. Covid

Covid isn't a scam itsel, but the amount of lies about covid and the depth of the coverup is alarming. 

People were vilified for telling obvious truths about the origin of covid, and coronavirus was just wielded like a political weapon by dishonest politicians all around the world in a massive power grab.

The silver lining is that our own PM was outed as a bigot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

The WMDs was the pretext the Americans used to go into Iraq

Colin Powell's comic books were the evidence for the WMD's and the usual suspects fell for it hook line and sinker.

It's no wonder conspiracies spun around COVID and US elections are such an easy sell to you marks. Being suckers is so deeply ingrained it's probably even part of your mRNA.

23 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Scam, yeah, but just by techies trying to make a quick buck off the paranoia. Relatively minor.

This is #1.

Getting involved in Iraq the second time was a huge scam. The gov't knew that there were no wmds before they attacked

I personally agree with Trump's assessment that we need to just stay out of there and let them do their thing.

This is a close 2nd.

The Democrat nominee and the FBI committed crimes and ran a show trial against a sitting president, aided by thousands of blatant lies over 4 years by the MSM and ranking Dems.

This is one of those things that you could never write a fictional novel about because it's so bizarre that no one would believe that any of it could happen.

The FBI lost all credibility but the Dems never really had any. 

Covid isn't a scam itsel, but the amount of lies about covid and the depth of the coverup is alarming. 

People were vilified for telling obvious truths about the origin of covid, and coronavirus was just wielded like a political weapon by dishonest politicians all around the world in a massive power grab.

The silver lining is that our own PM was outed as a bigot.

Yes agree with your analysis.

There's a certain scam element to covid. Walmart and Amazon making billions while small businesses are mandated to close. Pushing the cloth face rags which made companies money knowing they were ineffective. Vaccine mandates to people with very little risk of hospitalization @ $22 a dose with false advertising about how this would not allow you to transmit covid. And others

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

The Trump - Russia collusion thing was debunked by the investigation long ago.  Wasted millions of dollars investigating it and found nothing.  Where have you been hiding? 

Yes I know. Which is why it was a scam likely covering for democrat malfeasance such as spying on political campaigns and the vileness of the Obama administration

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, West said:

Yes agree with your analysis.

There's a certain scam element to covid. Walmart and Amazon making billions while small businesses are mandated to close. Pushing the cloth face rags which made companies money knowing they were ineffective. Vaccine mandates to people with very little risk of hospitalization @ $22 a dose with false advertising about how this would not allow you to transmit covid. And others

Forgot the ridiculous testing mandates for the vax free at 100-200 dollars a shot despite the vaxxed being carriers of the disease as well 

17 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Colin Powell's comic books were the evidence for the WMD's and the usual suspects fell for it hook line and sinker.

It's no wonder conspiracies spun around COVID and US elections are such an easy sell to you marks. Being suckers is so deeply ingrained it's probably even part of your mRNA.

Where did I say I believed there were WMDs.  There you go again making things up.   At the time, before the Americans actually went into Iraq, likely everyone believed what the media told them about WMDs.  However, if you had read my comments closely, I said the justification for the Americans staying in Iraq was not the WMDs but it was al Qaida pouring into Iraq to fight the Americans.  So they had good reason to be there as part of the war on terrorism.  Why is it lefties seem to support anti-Americanism?

Edited by blackbird

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Where did I say I believed there were WMDs.  There you go again making things up.   

I fail to see how you can ignore the scam while defending the war.  It's like watching politicians who should know better that realize the Steal is a Big Lie but go along with it anyway or who cringed in terror on Jan 6th only to call it a nothingburger a few days later. 

There's a lot more about the way the Iraq War was bought than sold that makes it resonate strongly with today's scams and the convenience they provide to opportunists . 

At the time, before the Americans actually went into Iraq, likely everyone believed what they media told them about WMDs.  However, if you had read my comments closely, I said the justification for the Americans staying in Iraq was not the WMDs but it was al Qaida pouring into Iraq to fight the Americans.  So they had good reason to be there as part of the war on terrorism.  Why is it lefties seem to support anti-Americanism?

Yes, they speak loudly to what I'm saying about the convenience of ignoring the scam.  Otherwise I'm ignoring them because they don't have anything to do with what I said; that they contributed to the ease with which people suspend their disbelief today and shrug in the face of evidence or lack thereof.  

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I fail to see how you can ignore the scam while defending the war.  It's like watching politicians who should know better that realize the Steal is a Big Lie but go along with it anyway or who cringed in terror on Jan 6th only to call it a nothingburger a few days later. 

There's a lot more about the way the Iraq War was bought than sold that makes it resonate strongly with today's scams and the convenience they provide to opportunists . 

Yes, they speak loudly to what I'm saying about the convenience of ignoring the scam.  Otherwise I'm ignoring them because they don't have anything to do with what I said; that they contributed to the ease with which people suspend their disbelief today and shrug in the face of evidence or lack thereof.  

I will need the secret code to understand that comment.