Conspiracy Misinformation Tactics

On 1/18/2022 at 10:40 AM, Michael Hardner said:

1. Seems like excessive distrust of authority, beyond what is reasonable is the problem to be addressed.
2. Challenging the system happens constantly but it depends on quality thinking and discussion
3. As they always have done.  Now the Looney Fringe has offshore adversaries helping out the bad ones.

Hi.

Just wanted to ask you...Why do you spend such effort defending and trying to validate institutions we all know are corrupt? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The Ontario government is Conservative not Liberal

Feds are calling the shots overall in the Covid game. Think Dr. Tam, setting the standards.

Provinces cooperate with the Federalis to get a bigger handout of transfer money. Think syndicated mobs. Ya got yer big Dons and ya got yer little Dons.

It's how Canada works.

21 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. Feds are calling the shots overall in the Covid game. Think Dr. Tam, setting the standards.

2. Provinces cooperate with the Federalis to get a bigger handout of transfer money. Think syndicated mobs. Ya got yer big Dons and ya got yer little Dons.

It's how Canada works.

1. Schools and vaccines is the province and The Sun is using that liberal money to push Ford.
2. Of course... if the Conservatives do something you don't like... why it's the Liberals' fault.  Easy peasy.

On 1/18/2022 at 6:29 PM, Moonbox said:

If it's bad science, it's bad science.  If you have better examples than the one like I posted in the OP, go ahead and offer it, but what from what I've seen here's it's just ranting 4dchan neckbeards complaining about Fauci calling their cherry-picked scientists out for nonsense.  They're so desperate for anything even resembling fact-based opinions that they'll defend it to the death in any way they can.  

Neck beard ?.. 

Well considering the "conspiracy theorist docs" worked in academic institutions and government agencies for years, what does that say about "the science"? 

We know the nut jobs like Fauci peddling the cloth face rags was ridiculous. We also know the vaccine IDs are about as useless as the cloth rags for spreading Covid. 

And what have we got out of it? Decimated small businesses. Rising inflation rates. Children who'll probably have delays in emotional/linguistic development. Children at risk of physical abuse in the home. Society on edge. 

Guess that's all "science" ?

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Hi.

Just wanted to ask you...Why do you spend such effort defending and trying to validate institutions we all know are corrupt? 

Because it's easier to yell about how everyone is a "conspiracy theorist" rather than refuting arguments

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, West said:

Because it's easier to yell about how everyone is a "conspiracy theorist" rather than refuting arguments

What arguments? There's only 1 argument - the same one that's been dished out forever, everything that isn't right in the world is left.

Every single thing every single time. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What arguments? There's only 1 argument - the same one that's been dished out forever, everything that isn't right in the world is left.

Every single thing every single time. 

I'm neither here nor there on the docs and their research. Dr. Byram Briddle is worried about a rise in cancer remission after the jab. I guess time will tell if he's right or not though I would suspect you wouldn't get the truth even if it were true. 

As for Dr. McCullough and his research on hydroxichlroquin.. I guess about 900k died in the US because of lack of early treatment. At least he was trying to do something about that number. 

The thing with Ivermectin and Hyrdoxichloroquin was that they believe it was effective as early treatment. Any studies "refuting" this were done on patients already sick enough to be in the hospital which is ridiculous. Then they were called conspiracy theorists for suggesting these may be early treatments because they didn't complete a study which would've taken 3-5 years to complete (when Covid was only discovered like 6 months earlier). No doubt these studies weren't done ?. Meanwhile a few hundred thousand died while Fauci screamed about studies ?

Edited by West
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Schools and vaccines is the province and The Sun is using that liberal money to push Ford.
2. Of course... if the Conservatives do something you don't like... why it's the Liberals' fault.  Easy peasy.

I don't consider Ford as one, but it doesn't matter. He was elected with no political past, and no platform. Into a majority, I might add... You know that. A fine example of stupid democracy in action.

Or was that corruption? Is it a conspiracy to say Patrick Brown was usurped at the last minute, turfed and quickly replaced when everyone knew, whoever gets that job is going to be Premier with a majority.

But nooo, there's not conspiracy here. It was not a conspiracy, was highway robbery. Not that I give crap about Brown. Just that it was a moment to see what's going on, someone is pulling the strings in the background. Dance, little man.

7 hours ago, Moonbox said:

If you have something worthy of discussing, I'm all for it.  If you're just going to rant about things you've decided you don't like, those don't merit much response beyond poking and mocking.  

Hey, don't take it so hard man. I couldn't care less what you say. If that's what you want to contribute, go ahead.

Fill one's boots

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Ya I can imagine how quiet Reddit would be after that press conference. 

I know they all like to go to another site, though I can't remember what it's called. I tried to go there once, was banned within 60 seconds. I didn't even get to make a single post.

Not leftist enough.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I know they all like to go to another site, though I can't remember what it's called. I tried to go there once, was banned within 60 seconds. I didn't even get to make a single post.

Not leftist enough.

I was banned from Reddit for explaining to a Libbie, who had told me how ANTIFA and BLM had every "moral" right to attack, burn and pillage, what would happen if I got my "mud-hooks" on one of them.

It was well worth it.

13 hours ago, West said:

Children who'll probably have delays in emotional/linguistic development. Children at risk of physical abuse in the home.

No, No.  I tried to raise this issue before and Dialamah, who apparently is a child development expert, insists all this is having no effect on our children at all.

Timely article from Toronto Sun explains what's going in with government funding for media outlets.

CBC will get more of your money mostly because it serves Trudeau Liberals

In the 2015 election, the Trudeau Liberals promised CBC an extra $150 million per year in funding on top of the $1.1 billion in base funding. CBC’s annual government funding now stands at $1.4 billion, but it’s not enough.

In the last election, Trudeau promised an additional $400 million over four years to make CBC less reliant on advertising. The real reason for the funding boost is that CBC’s advertising revenues have fallen dramatically over the last several years as viewers go elsewhere.

At the same time as CBC is a threat to the public purse, they also remain a threat to a healthy private sector media ecosystem. Private broadcasters, online and print media outlets don’t start off with an extra $1.4 billion of government money in the bank.

I await the defenders of CBC to provide their "hand-waving arguments".

19 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Timely article from Toronto Sun explains what's going in with government funding for media outlets.

CBC will get more of your money mostly because it serves Trudeau Liberals

In the 2015 election, the Trudeau Liberals promised CBC an extra $150 million per year in funding on top of the $1.1 billion in base funding. CBC’s annual government funding now stands at $1.4 billion, but it’s not enough.

In the last election, Trudeau promised an additional $400 million over four years to make CBC less reliant on advertising. The real reason for the funding boost is that CBC’s advertising revenues have fallen dramatically over the last several years as viewers go elsewhere.

At the same time as CBC is a threat to the public purse, they also remain a threat to a healthy private sector media ecosystem. Private broadcasters, online and print media outlets don’t start off with an extra $1.4 billion of government money in the bank.

I await the defenders of CBC to provide their "hand-waving arguments".

Did the Sun specify how much government money that Postmedia gets?

There has always been misinformation, wrong information , conflicting information out there but now there is a concerted effort to control what information people are allowed to see. I would rather be able to hear from all sides and not have the censorship which comes mainly from the left. 

18 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

How so?  The new censorship is entirely corporate.

We have some progressive boycotting but that's not the same as censorship.

I'm talking about the big tech platforms and companies like Google, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube. Those companies are dominated by progressives at the very top. They do censor opponents and cover up stories that would harm their side. The Hunter Biden laptop story is a great example. Big tech censorship may be mostly corporate but they overwhelmingly donate to left leaning causes. It is of course their right to do so but silencing their opponents makes the field uneven.

There is misinformation but there is also omission too.

How the Media Lies By Omission - Bing video

5 minutes ago, ironstone said:

I'm talking about the big tech platforms and companies like Google, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube. Those companies are dominated by progressives at the very top. They do censor opponents and cover up stories that would harm their side. 

Their side is corporate money making.  They censor people for making comments against men and whites too because it's bad for business.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Just read it... No they don't.

They don't mention that over 150 countries have public broadcasters and Canada would stand alone among wealthy democratic countries without one.

The Sun article indicates it's a bad idea for government to be involved in funding media outlets at all, no matter who's getting some.

Your whataboutisms while perhaps true do not take away from the fact that vast amounts of public money are being poured down the drain here. Not to mention what Canadians are getting in return: Government sanctioned misinformation.