CNN's Ratings Keep Plummeting.

20 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Doesn't seem like it but since when did two wrongs start making a right and why can't conservatives rise above this base instinct to act no better than the competition? I thought you guys prided yourselves on always being the adults in the room.

I do admit that FOX has no left leaning host's at this time( Chris Wallace seemed kind of left) they do have regular contributors that are Democrats.

At the end of the day we all have the choice of changing the channel. Quite frankly I think the majority of FOX host's are just way better than the competition.

16 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I wonder how long Fox will be able to hang onto all its new viewers once it sinks in just how boring and mindless the constant vilifying theme underscoring virtually everything that passes for commentary gets.

From the above it certainly sounds like most of us and even Fox fans are only capable of stomaching so much Fox.  I'm betting much of the interest will wane and wear off just as fast as its risen. 

I'm certain that the actual amount of viewers even for top rated FOX  is much lower than it was many years ago for news anchors like Walter Cronkite . There is just so much more choice for people now, even youtubers with tiny budgets can get enough views that rival giant networks like CNN. 

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Big media corps have a news component.

Disney - ABC; Viacom - CBS; Universal - NBC; Warner Media - CNN; FOX - Fox News

I think it serves a strategic purpose - they seem to be mostly loss leaders.

Decrying corporate media used to be a mainstay of pro-worker activists... these days there isn't a viable alternative either...

Most if not all big media corps are horizontally integrated into even bigger corporate conglomerations who own them for various strategic and perhaps even tactical purposes.  Public broadcasting is the only viable alternative to that and the only way to ensure public broadcasters aren't integrated into the party/government that controls the broadcaster is...wait for it.

Outlawing in-camera lobbying of public officials on public business.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

I'm certain that the actual amount of viewers even for top rated FOX  is much lower than it was many years ago for news anchors like Walter Cronkite . There is just so much more choice for people now, even youtubers with tiny budgets can get enough views that rival giant networks like CNN. 

This doesn't seem to jibe with the conservative sense that everyone including the government is being controlled and brainwashed by media and CNN.  Authoritarians don't allow choices especially when it comes to the news. 

Edited by eyeball

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

This doesn't seem to jibe with the conservative sense that everyone including the government is being controlled and brainwashed by media and CNN.  Authoritarians don't allow choices especially when it comes to the news. 

If you compare the biggest players in the cable news game, FOX is on one side and on the left there is CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC. I have probably  forgotten some but perhaps the total viewers on the left leaning stations outnumber that of the right.

42 minutes ago, ironstone said:

If you compare the biggest players in the cable news game, FOX is on one side and on the left there is CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC. I have probably  forgotten some but perhaps the total viewers on the left leaning stations outnumber that of the right.

And the number of viewers on anti corporate, anti neoliberalism channels

... Zero

12 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

...and isn't it awesome that Joe...Joe frickin' Rogan...has more viewers than all the major networks combined in his general chosen timeslot? I think so...fuck CNN...CBC...Fox...etc.

He has THE biggest bull’s eye on his back because of it. 

In NA there’s a huge appetite for an honest, possibly wrong sometimes personality who’s unafraid to tackle the major issues and say what needs to be said. Eg Don Cherry, Jerry Roenick, Charles Barkley, Joe Rogan. The tip-toeing of a Ron MacLean gets to be galling after a while. 

If CNN and WashPo/NYT get to be wrong in the headlines all the time and then offer a teeny P12 retraction then Joe R can be wrong too sometimes.

5 hours ago, eyeball said:

Really? How many times per hour do you hear someone like Joyce Napier or Chantal Hebert use pronouns like radical and extreme or fascist or refer to infamous right-wingers from the past whenever they need to make a point when criticizing some conservative or a policy thereof?

I don’t even know who those people are, so I can’t tell if you’re being facetious or not. 
Can you elaborate?

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

I wonder how long Fox will be able to hang onto all its new viewers once it sinks in just how boring and mindless the constant vilifying theme underscoring virtually everything that passes for commentary gets.

From the above it certainly sounds like most of us and even Fox fans are only capable of stomaching so much Fox.  I'm betting much of the interest will wane and wear off just as fast as its risen. 

Fox is mainly a pushback on MSM disinformation. “Rittenhouse is racist, Sandman is a racist, walls are racist, math is racist, bridges are racist, being mad because your daughter was raped by a criminal who was protected by the school board is racist, etc. 

CNN and CBC are pure shit and that’s why they’re going down. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I don’t even know who those people are, so I can’t tell if you’re being facetious or not. 

I'm not surprised you don't know. No I'm not being facetious at all. 

Can you elaborate?

There'd be no point. I'd be far better off if you investigated this on your own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You're putting words in my mouth. 

Of course I've seen some of their programming, if only to see how bad it is.

Ok so you should be able to answer how many times per hour you hear someone like Joyce Napier or Chantal Hebert use pronouns like radical and extreme or fascist or refer to infamous mass murderer or dictator from the past whenever they need to make a point when criticizing some conservative or a policy thereof.

You see Fox bobbleheads constantly doing this when criticizing anything even remotely progressive and Fox fans seem to anywhere and everywhere they post their opinions as well...so much for Fox's war against groupthink is all I can say.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 11:34 AM, WestCanMan said:

Thank You Tide Pods.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/12/cnn-sees-ratings-dive-by-90-from-2021-coverage/?fbclid=IwAR36YT2pdv04kroOwBHCbzbBSxtxBqunTNid46CxaO9EE_i9KdZ6839XDHc

CNN's viewership is down 83% week over week. They went months last year without having a single show with over 1M viewers.

Meanwhile, Fox is crushing it and even Forbes has to admit it: https://www.forbes.com/sites/andymeek/2021/12/29/fox-news-in-2021-ratings-dominance-even-with-trump-gone-plus-fox-weather-and-gutfeld-crushes-late-night/?sh=7af5e8a7605c

Tucker Carlson had the highest-rated program in cable news.

Here's the craziest part:

That's really bad news for Dems. Their muppets are getting exposure to some actual news, as are independents, which explains why Biden's poll numbers are tanking as well. He's down to 33%. 

I can't see that any of that matters. There is no presidential election on. 

It reminds me of republican bellowing about the massive rally numbers trump had. It never equated to a victory. In fact, the  more he had, the more crazy he got. The people didn't buy it. 

CNN popularity doesn't carry one vote nor FOX. 

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

You see Fox bobbleheads constantly doing this when criticizing anything even remotely progressive and Fox fans seem to anywhere and everywhere they post their opinions as well...so much for Fox's war against groupthink is all I can say.

This is the difference with FOX.  They make no effort to correct their bias, or be objective.

Now CNN has started copying that style, in coverage of Trump, but the trend should be going the other way.

12 hours ago, eyeball said:

Ok so you should be able to answer how many times per hour you hear someone like Joyce Napier or Chantal Hebert use pronouns like radical and extreme or fascist or refer to infamous mass murderer or dictator from the past whenever they need to make a point when criticizing some conservative or a policy thereof.

I haven't seen enough of CNN to know who those guys are, but it sounds about right. Jan 6th is on a scale wth 9/11 and Pearl Harbour, moms at school board meetings are terrorists if they raise their voice and the FBI needs to track them, Rittenhouse was an angry racist, Sandman was a race-baiting high schooler bullying adults, Rayshard was killed by racists, ditto for sleeping Brionna, Michael Brown was a gentle giant, Floyd's murder was hate crime but Timpa wasn't even murdered, everything is the biggest scandal since watergate (tiny retractions to come after weeks or years of headlines), requiring voter ID is disenfranchisement because only poor white people are smart enough to get ID, etc. I get it. The only person who wasn't a terrorist was the beloved father figure of Iranians - Suleimani.

Fox News 'bobbleheads' don't even engage in that. 

They correctly recognize that the mass-mailing of unsolicited ballots is an obvious threat to democracy. "Here are 30,000 people who've never voted before, let's 'send them ballots' hehe."

They know that the 1816 project is a joke and critical race theory is divisive bullshit. 

They know that the openly communists at BLM and Antifa weren't just having a summer of love. 

They know that making it illegal for parents to be involved their 8 yr old's decision to get a sex change operation is an obvious affront to families.

You literally have nothing eyeball, and the people who are migrating away from CNN and towards Fox are an obvious indicator of that. Americans are getting sick of being lied to, they are much smarter than Canadians.

8 hours ago, Colin Norris said:

I can't see that any of that matters. There is no presidential election on. 

It reminds me of republican bellowing about the massive rally numbers trump had. It never equated to a victory. In fact, the  more he had, the more crazy he got. The people didn't buy it. 

CNN popularity doesn't carry one vote nor FOX. 

It's an indication that Americans are waking up to the fact that CNN is tripe. 

They got busted lying about almost every news story (Dem narrative) of the past 8 years and their viewers are migrating to Fox.

Only Canadians are dumb enough to believe that the Afghanistan withdrawal was a brilliant success. Go figger. 

Just now, WestCanMan said:

It's an indication that Americans are waking up to the fact that CNN is tripe. 

They got busted lying about almost every news story (Dem narrative) of the past 8 years and their viewers are migrating to Fox.

Only Canadians are dumb enough to believe that the Afghanistan withdrawal was a brilliant success. Go figger. 

In another post you condemned me for not posting links etc.  Now you made that ridiculous about CNN and their stories. 

Have you forgotten the charges against FOX for suggesting the ballot machines were rigged? What was that about lying again? 

To be a good liar son  you need good memory. 

I don't care if viewers migrate to Afghanistan. It merely proves the idiots are growing in number  every day. It's not those who will win the election. It's the swinging voter who always decides it. 

They had this belief the silent majority would save trump.last time. It didn't because they were democrats. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Colin Norris said:

Have you forgotten the charges against FOX for suggesting the ballot machines were rigged? What was that about lying again? 

To be a good liar son  you need good memory. 

Is that a fact old-timer? Hate to sound nasty but you might want to check up on short-term memory loss. 

That case is ongoing. Filing a lawsuit is not the same thing as getting a conviction. You know that, right? It's not even settling out of court like what CNN had to do with Nick Sandman, the Covington school student when they lied about him. (Did you miss that one btw, Memory Man?)

A few days ago this happened.

ATLANTA — In defending itself against a defamation lawsuit filed by Dominion Voting Systems, Fox News is seeking access to an expert report filed under seal in a separate Georgia lawsuit that the author says details vulnerabilities in the company’s touchscreen voting machines.

Election security expert J. Alex Halderman spent 12 weeks examining the voting machines used in Georgia and more than a dozen other states and said he identified “multiple severe security flaws” in the machines that would allow attackers to install malicious software. His report was filed in federal court in Atlanta in July in support of a long-running lawsuit filed by election security advocates and voters who want Georgia to scrap the electronic voting machines in favor of hand-marked paper ballots.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/jan/13/fox-news-seeks-access-to-expert-report-on-georgia-/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

One thing nobody has pointed out: CNN is the news agency that unquestioningly puts CIA leaks on the air as they get them, even calling them 'scoops'.

The Dems and their media toadies have a pretty slick system worked out for bringing their "whistleblowers" out of the closet and creating a media buzz and an air of legitimacy around them. 

They have their catch phrases (eg "It's bigger than Watergate!!!!") and talking points that the networks all use in unison, they amp up the emotion (as in the case of the snot-bubbling Dr Ford), and they completely ignore all of the gaping holes in their narratives (e.g. Dr Ford wouldn't name a month, a year, a location, her witnesses all said "WTF?", there was no report to police or guidance councillors or other students, she claimed to have phobias from the traumatic event be she lived like she didn't have those phobias, etc).

One of their funnier errors with the catch phrases was with their usage of the word 'sedition' from Jan 1. It was in their notes to use the words "sedition" and "seditious", but they all thought that it referred to people who were doing the rioting/attacking, so they were saying 'seditious mobs attacking the capitol' instead of 'seditious members of the Trump campaign urging their followers to attack the capitol'.

• Like 1