Nancy Pelosi, insider trading, and the sad state of corruption in Congress

Nancy Pelosi was asked a question by a journalist if whether or not members of Congress should be able to buy individual stocks when they are making laws. 

Her answer is stunningly honest, she says politicians have a right to 'participate' in the economy.

Pelosi's portfolio consists recently of Big Tech companies, monopolies which she said she will back down from regulating according to sources in Congress quoted by the NYP.

"Late last month, the House Speaker disclosed that the Pelosis scooped up millions in bullish call options for stocks including Google, Salesforce, Micron Technology and Roblox. At the same, some insiders say she has slow-walked efforts to rein in Big Tech."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2022/01/07/nancy-pelosi-makes-30-million-from-tech-stocks-scoffs-at-push-to-ban-congressional-trades/amp/

Is it limited to Pelosi?

Not at all according to the New York Mag:

"But getting away with it generally isn’t much of a problem. Members of Congress, for example, have protections enshrined in the Constitution that make it difficult for them to be prosecuted for insider trading, and they are not subject to conflict-of-interest laws that generally apply to the executive branch.

The four senators reportedly investigated by the Justice Department during the early days of the pandemic were Richard Burr, a Republican from North Carolina; Dianne Feinstein, a Democrat from California; Kelly Loeffler, the Republican from Georgia who lost her Senate seat; and Jim Inhofe, a Republican from Oklahoma. The probe followed news reports that the senators sold stock after receiving briefings on the dangers of COVID before the public knew about it — and before markets began to tank on the news."

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/01/washington-d-c-has-an-insider-trading-problem.html

---

How do the Americans fix this issue if those who could fix it are the ones benefiting from it?

13 minutes ago, ironstone said:

I guess it's one big reason why so many career politicians become wealthy way beyond the salaries they earn. Tucker Carlson recently did a story about the Pelosi's and how their net worth has been skyrocketing for years. She is totally shameless.

Nancy Pelosi is a name that comes out a lot, and not only on Tucker Carlson show on Fox News. Even the progressive wing of the Democratic Party is calling her out. She is also symbolically speaking very significant as being the leader of the House.

It's also big time for Conservatives to call out Bitch Mc Connell, Dick Burr and Kelly Lessair regularly and to put maximum pressure on them as well. 

Heads have to roll on both sides.

6 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Nancy Pelosi was asked a question by a journalist if whether or not members of Congress should be able to buy individual stocks when they are making laws. 

Her answer is stunningly honest, she says politicians have a right to 'participate' in the economy.

Pelosi's portfolio consists recently of Big Tech companies, monopolies which she said she will back down from regulating according to sources in Congress quoted by the NYP.

"Late last month, the House Speaker disclosed that the Pelosis scooped up millions in bullish call options for stocks including Google, Salesforce, Micron Technology and Roblox. At the same, some insiders say she has slow-walked efforts to rein in Big Tech."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2022/01/07/nancy-pelosi-makes-30-million-from-tech-stocks-scoffs-at-push-to-ban-congressional-trades/amp/

Is it limited to Pelosi?

Not at all according to the New York Mag:

"But getting away with it generally isn’t much of a problem. Members of Congress, for example, have protections enshrined in the Constitution that make it difficult for them to be prosecuted for insider trading, and they are not subject to conflict-of-interest laws that generally apply to the executive branch.

The four senators reportedly investigated by the Justice Department during the early days of the pandemic were Richard Burr, a Republican from North Carolina; Dianne Feinstein, a Democrat from California; Kelly Loeffler, the Republican from Georgia who lost her Senate seat; and Jim Inhofe, a Republican from Oklahoma. The probe followed news reports that the senators sold stock after receiving briefings on the dangers of COVID before the public knew about it — and before markets began to tank on the news."

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/01/washington-d-c-has-an-insider-trading-problem.html

---

How do the Americans fix this issue if those who could fix it are the ones benefiting from it?

Where's the evidence she and others were doing this? If you know about it, why don't the authorities? 

Maybe you don't know any facts, just projecting. 

6 minutes ago, Colin Norris said:

You're point being? 

Do you ever think about posts before you automatically believe the loonies that post them? 

Your* please. Please learn to write properly in your first language before addressing to me.

And have a bit of political culture/knowledge if you want to contribute. Your posts are incredibly misinformed, misdirected and above all ignorant. Come on, you're really going to debate Nancy Pelosi did partake in insider trading, alongside many other figures I cited?

Why this urge to defend team Blue?

23 minutes ago, Colin Norris said:

Where's the evidence she and others were doing this? If you know about it, why don't the authorities? 

Maybe you don't know any facts, just projecting. 

Are you honestly saying you never once heard about insider trading allegations concerning Nancy Pelosi or any other politicians?

8 hours ago, ironstone said:

Nancy Pelosi net worth is estimated to be $120 million. Peter Schweizer wrote a book about this sort of practice, Democrats and Republicans both are guilty of engaging in this, although judging from the cover of the book...?

51mVFMYSFtL._SY264_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_

As before, I ask all posters to produce the evidence of what you say when you say they got it fraudulently because that is what you are saying. Don't you think she would have enough enemies to ping her if she was doing it? Of course they would. 

Why are democrats not allowed to become wealthy? That seems to be a republican no no. Are you a type of jealous by not knowing they are smart? 

The same crap appeared over Obama but conveniently forgotten both of them had legal backgrounds and he was a senator. They made millions from writing hooks. Remember that? 

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

China awarded Trump and his family 38 trademarks when he was in office and the family members were on the government payroll. No comment?

Excuse me, but where have I defended corruption from the Reds?

Have you read OP?

Are you all on the Left OK with corruption as long as someone on the Right isn't doing it? Do you have any semblance of values left?

6 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Again, no comment.

It's incredible, the amount of coping and willful blindness you display, I am condemning it, be it 'team Red' or 'team Blue'. You must have real problems to avoid in life as well that explains your recourse to such aberrant conclusions, but no one is blinder than the one who blinds itself on purpose. 

Someone tells you there is a snot on your nose, wipe it. Don't be like 'Oh but you have snots too so it's ok'. This is really damaging to our system to treat corruption and serious issues the way you do. 

1 minute ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

It's incredible, the amount of coping and willful blindness you display, I am condemning it, be it 'team Red' or 'team Blue'. You must have real problems to avoid in life as well that explains your recourse to such aberrant conclusions, but no one is blinder than the one who blinds itself on purpose. 

Someone tells you there is a snot on your nose, wipe it. Don't be like 'Oh but you have snots too so it's ok'. This is really damaging to our system to treat corruption and serious issues the way you do. 

Did you condemn it, or just ignore it? Be honest now.

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Did you condemn it, or just ignore it? Be honest now.

And you did not condemn Pelosi in this thread.

So ditch every comment you might have criticizing Team Red. Because it hurts my feelings just like when Nancy Pelosi is mentioned in a bad light to you. 

Edited by QuebecOverCanada

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Maybe you should look up the definition of insider trading.

The actions of Congress are public. 

Maybe you should get your head out of there.

You are a bootlicker to an extreme degree. Are you even a real contributor on this forum to defend corruption of elected officials?

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You are accusing Pelozi of buying stock and then  Introducing legislation that will increase that stock’s value. How about some evidence. 

There are sources in this thread, look, I don't care about you and what you write anymore, I don't respect any bit of you. You are not honest and I will not waste time with a bootlicker or someone paid to troll on the Internet, or worse, a free slut for the DNC that willingly sucks for absolutely no monetary gains. You are a slave or either a provocateur, and I would gladly spit on you and everything you like.

14 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

There are sources in this thread, look, I don't care about you and what you write anymore, I don't respect any bit of you. You are not honest and I will not waste time with a bootlicker or someone paid to troll on the Internet, or worse, a free slut for the DNC that willingly sucks for absolutely no monetary gains. You are a slave or either a provocateur, and I would gladly spit on you and everything you like.

I am being the honest one here. You haven’t answered any of my questions.

13 hours ago, Colin Norris said:

As before, I ask all posters to produce the evidence of what you say when you say they got it fraudulently because that is what you are saying. Don't you think she would have enough enemies to ping her if she was doing it? Of course they would. 

Why are democrats not allowed to become wealthy? That seems to be a republican no no. Are you a type of jealous by not knowing they are smart? 

The same crap appeared over Obama but conveniently forgotten both of them had legal backgrounds and he was a senator. They made millions from writing hooks. Remember that? 

This link might shed some light on how Nancy Pelosi got super rich so quickly.

Nancy Pelosi, husband have gotten very wealthy during her House career (lawenforcementtoday.com)

Pelosi has a big role in making the rules that might help or hinder big companies like Visa. If there was anything in this story by Jesse Watters  that is patently false and defamatory then why isn't Nancy Pelosi suing Watters for defamation?

This topic is about Nancy Pelosi and insider trading. Democrats and Republicans engage in this but it doesn't make it right. They have a huge leg up on the rest of us.