Quebec introducing a Canadian first, taxing the unvaccinated.

On 1/12/2022 at 10:53 AM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Quebec has been always ahead of other provinces. This time too, a Canadian first, taxing the unvaccinated claiming that the 10% minority are taking up 50% of hospital beds and more than 50% of ICUs so if they choose not to vaccinate (without a medical reason or exemption) then They have to pay higher tax to cover the extra cost on Health Care. This tax is similar to Federal taxes on Tobacco for example and has been around for many years and the logic accepted by society for many years is that since smokers are sicker in the long term  requiring more health care, then they will have to pay more taxes on these products.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59960689

The western Australian premier just imposed severe restrictions on the loopies refusing to get vacinnated. 

Stay home, not to visit hotels etc.  See how good they are now. 

8 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Plus, the smallpox vaccine can't be administered to the population below 18 years of age, despite the mortality rate of smallpox.

I quote the government of Canada;

Contraindications and precautions

Persons less than 18 years of age.

Smallpox vaccination is contraindicated for children and adolescents because they are more likely to suffer from adverse reactions and cause inadvertent self-reinoculation and inoculation of others.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/healthy-living/canadian-immunization-guide-part-4-active-vaccines/page-21-smallpox-vaccine.html

During the fifties and sixties every kid was vaccinated for smallpox in elementary school. Some places required vaccination before they could attend school. Back then, smallpox was still killing people.

Edited by Aristides

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

Above all else you people need to stop barfing up so much hooey about commies and Soros and NAZI'S and commies and Big tech and commies and the MSM and...did I mention commies?

The shit clouding your minds makes it impossible to get a thought in sideways.

The right is always the ones with the problems , the left well they are Canada's hope ,the ones with clear minds, Canada's saviors, which is why we have an infinite amount of genders, or have over 70 calendar days to promote gay pride, . or that math is racist, or corvid is racist, why ethic people in some Ontario firms get 2 more days off to make up for the past, or why white opinions in Ontario classrooms are weighted, not worth as much as ethic people , also the ones that want diversity or set us on track for reconciliation with our indigenous people and fighting them for years in courts to pay out survivors of our forced school programs  , what the UN deemed as a goods first step...

yes the left is the glue that holds us together, and saves us for those terrible white people from our past . Every side right left up or down all have baggage. we are so divided no one really knows any more what group they identify with, we are programed to hate them all, and everything out of their mouths is lies and pure bullshit...

There is no YOU people, just us people, heading towards YOU people situation becasue we can't talk to each other with out a fight breaking out. 

• Like 1

Good news today:

The Supreme Court of the US overturned vaccine mandates for large private employers. In a responsible democratic society there's a limit to administrative authority. That limit is reason; evidence and accountability. No, cannot do just about anything just because it's good.

Unlike all main news services, no story on that on CBC World Report. Ai forgot, sorry did not notice. But you can hear about Djokovic, Ukraine and avalanches somewhere. Another fact confirmed, always good: this is no objective news service but an ideological propaganda platform hiding inconvenient news and promoting ones it views as good and necessary. I applaud honest and responsible professionals who decided to value their integrity and dignity above ideological and corporate interests. Others should aware that their peers are not objective news services of the free world but loudspeakers and spreaders of government agendas of Russia, China and such.

Manitoba is shifting Covid response from spread management to risk management.

Saskatchewan decided against lockdown and additional restrictions.

These are facts. Reason, intelligence and responsibility is possible. Only, it's not a gift, crumbs from all-knowing and supposedly all-caring (at a $30K monthly paycheck) authority's table, no. It's a choice that has to be realized, confirmed and defended each day, every day.

• Like 1

Please tell me how it works. Here's a "news" site: https://www.cbc.ca/news.

If you go top right, search box and type there "U.S. Supreme Court blocks", you'll see this story:

US Supreme Court blocks Biden's Covid-19 rules...

In the top left it's tagged "World". Naively, to go the that section and... nope, no such story. Five or so on Russia, Ukraine, riots of course, Jokovich, Prince Andrew, Squid game, Schools open in Uganda, a rat detective, even something about goldfish trained to drive cars. But no, nothing on Biden's vaccine mandates. Don't forget to click "Load more" in the bottom! Still no luck.

But you're smart and try search in the page. Too bad, someone is smarter.

As a last resort you try Covid-19 section. Try to guess. Health? Nada.

Is this what you call "news" now? If a fact is not on the page how can you be sure it exists, right?

Edited by myata

55 minutes ago, myata said:

If you go top right, search box and type there "U.S. Supreme Court blocks", you'll see this story:

In the top left it's tagged "World". Naively, to go the that section and... nope, no such story. Five or so on Russia, Ukraine, riots of course, Jokovich, Prince Andrew, Squid game, Schools open in Uganda, a rat detective, even something about goldfish trained to drive cars. But no, nothing on Biden's vaccine mandates. Don't forget to click "Load more" in the bottom! Still no luck.

As a last resort you try Covid-19 section. Try to guess.

Is this what you call "news" now? If a fact is not on the page how can you be sure it exists, right?

Massive censorship right now.

The first guy pictured here is a chairman of Reuters, who "factchecks" articles and scientific studies on social media.

The second guy pictured is an executive at Pfizer.

If that helps in understanding.

guy.jpg

guy.jpg

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Goddess said:

who "factchecks" articles and scientific studies on social media.

Oh I see, the fact of a decision by US Supreme Court does not meet the minimal factual standard of some "news" services. Makes total sense now. Mommy, 1984 is the past or already now?

Edited by myata

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

If it doesn't praise Pfizer and the vaccine and the restrictions, you're not allowed to read it.

It reminds me of Chris Cuomo telling the viewers to not read the Wikileaks about the Clinton's scandals back in 2016 because only journalists could legally read them according to him.

Edited by QuebecOverCanada
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, myata said:

Good news today:

The Supreme Court of the US overturned vaccine mandates for large private employers. In a responsible democratic society there's a limit to administrative authority. That limit is reason; evidence and accountability. No, cannot do just about anything just because it's good.

Unlike all main news services, no story on that on CBC World Report.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-supreme-court-biden-vaccine-requirement-1.6313975

Took me 5 seconds to find this.  

3 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Took me 5 seconds to find this

Did you locate it in the "World" section, as the topic implies? Or any other reasonably related section? Can you demonstrate how? And please do read the rest of the post, it has some information there.

Edited by myata

It's in the section for COVID-19.  Imagine that. 

You have to scroll down a bit because it's yesterday's news but it was probably a lot easier for you to just cut and paste a conspiracy and censorship rant than do that.  

Edited by Moonbox

On 1/12/2022 at 5:59 PM, Zeitgeist said:

You may be right.  We are now marked like cattle with digital codes.  The end is when one cannot buy, sell, or participate in the economy without such a code.  Even if you think the Bible is a book of made up morality tales, the parallels are getting too real.  We are more than government controlled commodities or inputs in a system. Our rights and freedoms are brushed aside in the name of fighting a now mild disease against which most people are vaccinated.  I’m starting to regret my vaccination because I’m realizing it didn’t make a difference to the restrictions we’re forced to live under.  In fact, more requirements will likely be added to the passports and restrictions seem to be becoming cemented into our society.  Why are we letting this happen?   Ordinary people have to start uniting and speaking out across all sectors.  It has to happen now.  

We are watching today our rights and freedoms being stolen from us all over a phony scamdemic that should never have gone this far. Two weeks has now gone to almost two years. It will only end when we the peasants say enough already and stop listening and obeying their dear fascist lying leaders who have been taken advantage of the gullible peasants who went along with this covid scamdemic.

Our lying politicians and the lying media are in cahoots with the big pharma globalists whom are making hundreds of billions off this scamdemic. The globalist billionaires are getting richer while we the peasants are getting poorer and sicker. This needs to end now before we find ourselves slaves to those traitors forever. Refuse the boost. Works for me. ?

24 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

It's in the section for COVID-19.  Imagine that. 

OK, I admit it. Though I looked through the section before posting I didn't scroll down far enough. My bad.

I understand how "British PM's office apologizes to the Queen for the party" and "Djokovic faces deportation" has to be in the top stories while this is hidden in the bottom of a section where one has to be looking for it to find it but OK. This is why we make intelligent choices and why I never use this "news service" for any essential information.

It wasn't hidden yesterday.  It was yesterday's news and that's why it's not at the top of the page.  The % of people who will open up an article and read about the Supreme Court's decision process is minutely small so that article was never going to stay up there long. 

Of course you think it's the most important event of the week because you believe it supports your "politics" and your interesting theories about censorship, but that's poor logic all-around. Not only are you make-believing examples of censorship, but the Supreme Court's decision was based on scope and authority rather than the legal validity of the mandate itself.  It's interesting to note that the Court made a point of explaining that more limited mandates probably would be upheld (like government-funded/run facilities requiring vaccination).  They don't say that sort of stuff for no reason.  

Edited by Moonbox

21 minutes ago, taxme said:

We are watching today our rights and freedoms being stolen from us all over a phony scamdemic that should never have gone this far. Two weeks has now gone to almost two years. It will only end when we the peasants say enough already and stop listening and obeying their dear fascist lying leaders who have been taken advantage of the gullible peasants who went along with this covid scamdemic.

Our lying politicians and the lying media are in cahoots with the big pharma globalists whom are making hundreds of billions off this scamdemic. The globalist billionaires are getting richer while we the peasants are getting poorer and sicker. This needs to end now before we find ourselves slaves to those traitors forever. Refuse the boost. Works for me. ?

If I didn't know better I'd assume you were trying to be funny.  This reads like a 4dchan reddit copy-pasta. I'm not sure if there's an original thought in the whole post.  You basically went through a qanon checklist of conspiracy nonsense about "peasants" and "big pharma" and "scandemic".  Yikes.  

36 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

It wasn't hidden yesterday.  It was yesterday's news

What is "yesterday"? The news of the decision came on CNN at 4pm 13.01. It was reported in the international and Canadian news sources late at night (Global: 9pm EST, BBC: 11 pm EST). All main world news services carried it this morning in top stories (CNN, ABC, Bloomberg, BBC, Al Jazeera...). Except you know which "service" that stashed it at the bottom of a faraway section where few would be looking for it.

Is it information, or creative manipulation? Feel free to make a guess. I have my conclusion though.

CBC World section. Is it a world news or not? If it is a world news why couldn't it be found in the world news section?

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

CBC has a whole bunch of ways to order their articles.  A lot of the time it's just by time posted.  Sometimes it's by relevance. If you'd have checked last night it would have probably been at the top.  Now it isn't because it's yesterday's news, was posted elsewhere all over Canada, and having watched it on CTV or Global news or CNN or BBC last night or this morning, people are not likely to read it anymore.  

Why isn't it under "world news?"  Because it's under COVID-19.  It could have gone in "Politics" too, but they decided it was most relevant to COVID-19. which makes sense. 

Don't let the simplest and most reasonable explanation sway you though.  It's way easier to let your brain stay on default and automatically assume CONSPIRACY. 

6 hours ago, taxme said:

The promise of exiting the pandemic is always squelched by a new variant or wave.  People have stopped questioning the necessity of such large scale restrictions, shutdown, and expenditures on what has become a mild disease.  Two years ago the public wouldn’t believe such state controls could be imposed so easily and persist for so long, but the people have lost control over their own governance.

Our restricted freedoms have little to do with the health threat of Omicron.  We are dealing with the fallout of our own measures.  Staffing shortages are caused by endless testing and screening that makes perfectly healthy people and their contacts stay home because they’ve tested positive.

People are being manipulated into believing that persecuting a small unvaccinated minority and providing endless pharmaceuticals will end restrictions.  Have people lost their minds?  Ending restrictions and focusing on treating severe illness is a choice.

Unnecessary restrictions and violations of people’s rights and freedoms are the new normal in Canada.  We wait like mindless dummies for Dr. Tam and other health puritans to direct our governments to tell us how much risk we should accept and how free we deserve to be.  Sad.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Moonbox said:

CBC has a whole bunch of ways to order their articles.  A lot of the time it's just by time posted.  Sometimes it's by relevance. If you'd have checked last night it would have probably been at the top.  Now it isn't because it's yesterday's news, was posted elsewhere all over Canada, and having watched it on CTV or Global news or CNN or BBC last night or this morning, people are not likely to read it anymore.  

Why isn't it under "world news?"  Because it's under COVID-19.  It could have gone in "Politics" too, but they decided it was most relevant to COVID-19. which makes sense. 

Don't let the simplest and most reasonable explanation sway you though.  It's way easier to let your brain stay on default and automatically assume CONSPIRACY. 

if you don't think the CBC chooses which news to emphasize to fit it's political agenda

you're very naive

they are state sponsored propaganda, not unlike Pravda

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2022 at 5:50 PM, Aristides said:

Obesity is not contagious.

Of course it is.  It is passed on to you in the form of you-must-eat-junk-food virus.  They feed you the commercials, put you in a cubicle, give you no time to have a normal life and this is what you become - obese.

Edited by cougar

16 hours ago, myata said:

As a last resort you try Covid-19 section. Try to guess. Health? Nada.

Well, I already proved to all of you more than a month ago that CBC are the greatest bastards there ever lived.