Quebec introducing a Canadian first, taxing the unvaccinated.

9 minutes ago, dialamah said:

6. Being Jewish in Nazi Germany never became irrelevant and comparisons drawn between the situation today and the situation in Nazi Germany fail.

I'll try to keep that in mind if we get to the Aussie stage of concentration camps for the non-compliant. 

54 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Politicians screwed us when they whittled away the health care system from what was once the envy of the free world, to the sad (but not much talked about!) joke that it has become. One can google it if one does not remember, didn't care at the time, or's come from away.

For example-

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/article/canadian-health-care-performs-poorly-compared-to-other-countries-worldwide

This is the result of failures in decision making over the years, clawing back health care services all the while demanding more funding , and the price of administration went sky high. This is the price for giving hospital administrator positions to rich people's kids, and letting them fuck it up.

What is frustrating is that we are now being held accountable for government mismanagement. And that the enfranchised public buys into it. Hook, line and stinker...

The small minority of unvaccinated are a convenient scapegoat for the government right now.  People with zero critical thinking skills who blindly follow these leaders down paths of hatred where others are branded "the enemy" and segregated out for special punishment, resemble the citizenry of 1930-40's Germany.

I am seeing more and more articles in the MSM that are addressing some of the other aspects to these nuanced problems.  I think it's because the narrative for world leaders is falling apart and more and more people are seeing it.  Except those who choose not to and continue to live in hate and with penchants for punishing their fellow citizens.

FUREY: Here's what's really going on in Ontario hospitals | Toronto Sun

I was wondering how long it would be before nurses started speaking up about what's really going on.  Glad to see MSM finally picking up on what some of us have been aware of for almost a year now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

The small minority of unvaccinated are a convenient scapegoat for the government right now. 

When they fired a large chunk of the medical staff for non-compliance, many took notice and went huh?

And painting obviously smart educated people as crackpots for not going along with the narrative makes others do the same...

Lots of red pills going down the throat at the moment...no matter the loudmouths here.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Politicians screwed us when they whittled away the health care system from what was once the envy of the free world, to the sad (but not much talked about!) joke that it has become. One can google it if one does not remember, didn't care at the time, or's come from away.

I recall conservatives doing a lot of kicking and screaming when it came to bolstering the health system. You guys just wanted to spend money on the military, cracking down and getting tough on criminals, subsidies for fossil fuels and tax breaks for the rich.

This is the result of failures in decision making over the years, clawing back health care services all the while demanding more funding , and the price of administration went sky high. This is the price for giving hospital administrator positions to rich people's kids, and letting them fuck it up.

What is frustrating is that we are now being held accountable for government mismanagement. And that the enfranchised public buys into it. Hook, line and stinker...

I think its the result of not having robust systems of accountability that prevent rich powerful people from fucking everything up. For some stupid reason peculiar to themselves conservatives prefer to identify with their betters instead of the great unwashed they're very much still a part of and so the idea of redistributing power is anathema to them.

Of course it doesn't help that conservatives have bought hook, line and sinker the notion that Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids is immanent.  Just one more thing right?

48 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Let me explain in simpler terms:

1. Smallpox was a crisis;

2. A vaccine was developed;

3.  The vaccine was made mandatory in many jurisdictions with varying degrees of enforcement, some quite harsh;

4. Antivaxers objected, using many of the same arguments used today - minus the Nazi Germany comparisons since that situation was in the future;

5.  Once the smallpox crisis passed, vaccination status became irrelevant and once the current crises passes, vax status will again become irrelevant;

6. Being Jewish in Nazi Germany never became irrelevant and comparisons drawn between the situation today and the situation in Nazi Germany fail.

7. If you still miss the point I can only assume it's deliberate. 

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes and it wasn't always a good idea.

4. Some objections about the administration of vaccines repeat throughout History because many objections to vaccines are legitimate, such as the side effects on substracts of the population that may lead to death. 

5. Yes

6. Yes

7. What is the point that I missed?

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I recall conservatives doing a lot of kicking and screaming when it came to bolstering the health system. You guys just wanted to spend money on the military, cracking down and getting tough on criminals, subsidies for fossil fuels and tax breaks for the rich.

I think its the result of not having robust systems of accountability that prevent rich powerful people from fucking everything up. For some stupid reason peculiar to themselves conservatives prefer to identify with their betters instead of the great unwashed they're very much still a part of and so the idea of redistributing power is anathema to them.

Of course it doesn't help that conservatives have bought hook, line and sinker the notion that Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids is immanent.  Just one more thing right?

you don't understand conservatives at all

conservatives want to improve the health care system

instead of throwing money at the problem and wasting it on counterproductive central planning 

which is the worst way to address the issue

conservatives want to actually the help the masses

not just say they do, then implement dumb policies to hurt the rich, which is the worst way to help the poor

they just object to your idiotic policy proposals, which make the problem worse in the guise of making it better

Edited by Yzermandius19

34 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

what makes it impossible

is that you say dumb shit

Everything I've written was written in plain simple terms.  What exactly is it that you do not understand? 

don't like getting called on it

then refuse to admit to it

Called on what, precisely? Refused to admit what and where? Be specific. 

8 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

conservatives want to actually the help the masses

not just say they do, then implement dumb policies to hurt the rich, which is the worst way to help the poor

they just object to your idiotic policy proposals, which make the problem worse in the guise of making it better

The only policy I propose is to outlaw in-camera lobbying of public officials.  Yes I admit that will hurt the rich but it'll hurt the powerful even more.

You truly believe greater transparency and accountability is the worst way to help the poor and it will make the world a worse place?

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

The only policy I propose is to outlaw in-camera lobbying of public officials.  Yes I admit that will hurt the rich but it'll hurt the powerful even more.

You truly believe greater transparency and accountability is the worst way to help the poor and make the world a worse place?

helping the masses helps the masses

not hurting the successful

you proposal is dumb

the best way to help is not to hurt

stop trying to tear down and start trying to build up

Edited by Yzermandius19

39 minutes ago, eyeball said:

makes it nearly impossible to communicate with conservatives

Let's see how it works on a recent example:

- "Covid is like smallpox so whatever ... is justified!"

- Here's the facts, Covid (a fraction) and here smallpox (many percent). They aren't looking same or even remotely similar so what does the parallel justify?

- Silence... more silence, then "So here's what makes it impossible"

Let's try to decipher this puzzle:

Any act of "communication" for a totalitarian mind means total and infinite agreement with the dogma, no doubts or critical examination is allowed. If critical examination were to be allowed, it would mean that the dogma could, even theoretically be incorrect. This is an important point, here: even before examination you, the mind, have to allow the possibility and be prepared to find out that the hypothesis is incorrect, can be failed by an empirical test or examination. For a totalitarian mind examination has no point as the dogma cannot be wrong and it's pointless, or even worse, subversive and dangerous.

So anyone who questions the dogma cannot "communicate". Obvious, and by definition no explanation needed. Yes, this is how it works.

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Why is it dumb exactly?

you are trying to tear down the successful

acting like that is going to help masses

try again

the best way to help is not to ban anything, especially free speech

if that's the only tool you think will help, that is why conservatives don't like your policies

if you don't know, now you know

Edited by Yzermandius19

Comparison of Covid to smallpox is ridonkulous.

Smallpox had a 30% mortality rate, for children under age 1 it was 40-50%.

Covid has an infinitesimally larger IFR than the seasonal flu.

I beg to differ on who the "drama queens" and extremists are these days.

nailed it

the iron law of totalitarian projection

Comparison of Covid to smallpox is ridonkulous.

Smallpox had a 30% mortality rate, for children under age 1 it was 40-50%.

Covid has an infinitesimally larger IFR than the seasonal flu.

I beg to differ on who the "drama queens" and extremists are these days.

Plus, the smallpox vaccine can't be administered to the population below 18 years of age, despite the mortality rate of smallpox.

I quote the government of Canada;

Contraindications and precautions

Persons less than 18 years of age.

Smallpox vaccination is contraindicated for children and adolescents because they are more likely to suffer from adverse reactions and cause inadvertent self-reinoculation and inoculation of others.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/healthy-living/canadian-immunization-guide-part-4-active-vaccines/page-21-smallpox-vaccine.html

Just now, myata said:

Let's see how it works on a recent example:

- "Covid is like smallpox so whatever ... is justified!"

Look more carefully, the example you just deliberately botched up was that Dia pointed out the reaction to vaccines against covid was like the reaction against smallpox vaccination.  That's completely different than saying covid is like smallpox.

So anyone who questions the dogma cannot "communicate". Obvious, and by definition no explanation needed. Yes, this is how it works.

It's a fucking insult when you throw your shit in people's faces like that. Fuck you.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Look more carefully, the example you just deliberately botched up was that Dia pointed out the reaction to vaccines against covid was like the reaction against smallpox vaccination.  That's completely different than saying covid is like smallpox.

that point isn't relevant because it's an apples to oranges comparison

10 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Look more carefully

They aren't looking even remotely similar so what does the parallel justify?

Only for you I'm adding a direct unaltered quote, here:

"Speaking of history, the same sort of debates happened during smallpox outbreaks when vaccines were mandated."

So what is the meaning of pointing to "same sort of debate" for completely different events without any meaningful parallels? If a question, discussion happened at some point in history, on a completely irrelevant occasion, it cannot be raised again, ever? What is this supposed to mean? How does this make any sense? And who is "impossible to communicate with" here?

Edited by myata

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you are trying to tear down the successful

acting like that is going to help masses

try again

the best way to help is not to ban anything, especially free speech

if that's the only tool you think will help, that is why conservatives don't like your policies

Outlawing in-camera lobbying is banning free speech?  It's only banning secrecy.  Did you like it when the Kielbergers met behind closed doors with Trudeau? How about when he met with officials from SNC Lavelin? The registry that lobbyists and public officials use to demonstrate how transparent they're being said they were discussing criminal issues and public policy or some such thing.