Quebec introducing a Canadian first, taxing the unvaccinated.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Did you know there was a period of time when people decided rabbits were actually a type of fish?  The redefinition was even officially mandated.

Then orange juice is now a "vaccine."  It doesn't prevent spread or transmission either, but it is still pretty good for you.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Then orange juice is now a "vaccine."  It doesn't prevent spread or transmission either, but it is still pretty good for you.

Okay, have it your way if you insist...totalitarianism is freedom.

In either case get with the freakin' program.

2 minutes ago, Winston said:

What is the program? What are the steps towards the end of the program and what is that goal?

The program is to keep people out of hospitals so our health care system can function for everyone, not just covid patients. The steps are vaccines and restrictions to slow down infection rates so the system can continue function. This has been explained ad nauseam but some people are really poor listeners.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

A poll shows a majority of Canadians support

Having pumped up population with fear, confusion and hatred ("misogynists and racists") for two years, now please tell us what they "support". Oh, really what a surprise! (Dr Goebbels is smiling, proudly).

Just now, Aristides said:

The program is to keep people out of hospitals so our health care system can function for everyone, not just covid patients. The steps are vaccines and restrictions to slow down infection rates so the system can continue function. This has been explained ad nauseam but some people are really poor listeners.

So the program plans to keep COVID around forever? There is no goal for pre covid life?  

"The steps are vaccines and restrictions to slow down infection rates so the system can continue function." Well it does not do that. https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/epidemiological-summary-covid-19-cases.html

Cases and hospitalizations rates are the highest they have ever been, the program is failing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Winston said:

What is the program? What are the steps towards the end of the program and what is that goal?

Jacques Rousseau's Social Contract, government by popular consent...Edmund Burke's observation "Men are never in a state of total independence of each other."

The sort of stuff that should occupy your mind when you're stopped at a red light. 

Just now, Winston said:

So the program plans to keep COVID around forever? There is no goal for pre covid life?  

"The steps are vaccines and restrictions to slow down infection rates so the system can continue function." Well it does not do that. https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/epidemiological-summary-covid-19-cases.html

Cases and hospitalizations rates are the highest they have ever been, the program is failing. 

So what do you suggest, genius? 

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Jacques Rousseau's Social Contract, government by popular consent...Edmund Burke's observation "Men are never in a state of total independence of each other."

The sort of stuff that should occupy your mind when you're stopped at a red light. 

So you don't know, that's okay, most people don't know including myself. 

1 minute ago, Winston said:

It totally depends upon the end goal? That is why I asked what is the end goal of the program.

What is your end goal and how do you propose to accomplish it? It's about time people understood that we humans are along for the ride with this virus. We are not in control, we can only react to what it throws at us next. I know that is a somewhat foreign concept for modern humans but it is reality.

Just now, Winston said:

So you don't know, that's okay, most people don't know including myself. 

I'm quite certain I do know actually and I'm betting you had the basics figured out by the end of kindergarten. Maybe you just forgot or allowed some doubts to creep in. 

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

What is your end goal and how do you propose to accomplish it? It's about time people understood that we humans are along for the ride with this virus. We are not in control, we can only react to what it throws at us next. I know that is a somewhat foreign concept for modern humans but it is reality.

No, what is the publics goal, not mine, because my goals don't matter to the rest of the country. Can we agree that the publics goal is to have a basic sense of pre covid life? 

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I'm quite certain I do know actually and I'm betting you had the basics figured out by the end of kindergarten. Maybe you just forgot or allowed some doubts to creep in. 

Never mind, if you can be serious there is no point in discussion. 

Edited by Winston

2 minutes ago, Winston said:

No, what is the publics goal, not mine, because my goals don't matter to the rest of the country. Can we agree that the publics goal is to have a basic sense of pre covid life? 

Sure we can, everyone wants a pre covid life. We would all like a pre 9/11 life as well. 

52 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

A poll shows a majority of Canadians support a tax on the unvaxed

I have always wanted two tier health care as I have money. Bring it on!!

With that said, I am not scared of this going through. I won’t pay it it until they force me to by way of court however in 10 years when Covid is behind us and rational heads are back, I will then sue the government for 10 times that amount as history has proven that you can’t just do what you want in spite of laws.

1 minute ago, Winston said:

Can we agree the program currently in place does not have the necessary steps to obtain a pre covid life? 

We don't know do we because the virus keeps changing. We can only react to what it does and hope our steps control it enough to keep our health care system from collapsing. There may be no pre covid life as we knew it.

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

We don't know do we because the virus keeps changing. We can only react to what it does and hope our steps control it enough to keep our health care system from collapsing. There may be no pre covid life as we knew it.

Yes exactly this is the fundamental problem, we are reacting instead of proactively planning. In fact you brought up a great point a few weeks back about about not opening boarders. 

We need to be proactive in our planning. It is why the current program ( still unsure the goals or steps to pre covid life) is failing.