Is Trudeau Really The Liar and Intolerant Bigot That This Translation Would Prove Him To Be?

I speak a bit of high school French but I won't ever understand Quebecois enough to understand the overall meaning and nuance in this video.

I can only rely on the translation provided by the sites that reported on this apparently hate-laced speech by the PM: https://westernstandardonline.com/2021/12/trudeau-calls-the-unvaccinated-racist-and-misogynistic-extremists/

“We are going to end this pandemic by proceeding with the vaccination,” said Trudeau in French.lg.php?bannerid=0&campaignid=0&zoneid=85

“We all know people who are deciding whether or not they are willing to get vaccinated, and we will do our very best to try to convince them. However, there is still a part of the population (that) is fiercely against it. 

“They don’t believe in science/progress and are very often misogynistic and racist. It’s a very small group of people, but that doesn’t shy away from the fact that they take up some space. 

“This leads us, as a leader and as a country, to make a choice: Do we tolerate these people? 

Are there any Quebecois here who can vouch for whether or not the above is an entirely accurate translation of what the PM said

If so, then Trudeau's slander, libel and hateful bigotry have reached the level of "disqualifying" for a Prime Minister. His divisive 'leadership' can no longer be 'tolerated'.

Trudeau is stereotyping people.  There are many minorities among anti-vaxxers.  Some of them are suspicious of government, for good reason.  I also notice many Eastern Europeans who have a similar suspicion about government based on experiences from former communist regimes.  Also, some people would just rather wait until the vaccines have had more time to bear results or they want to fight the virus naturally.  Personally I think it’s better to take the risk and get vaccinated, but Trudeau is ignorant to dump on these people.  

• Like 1

Once again, Pixey-Dust Trudeau shows just how inept the tyke really is.

I happen to be double-vaxxed, but I cannot condemn those who are able to refuse the jab, or simply choose to not take it. That's because I happen to be one of those old fashioned guys who still believe in silly notions like freedom of choice when it comes to certain things...like health...like personal risk...like truth.

The TRUTH is, we don't know if the mRNA vaccines pose any danger down the road, because we're still at the first few meters of the road. The vaccines were rushed into use by leadership who were desperate to stop The Rona in its tracks. And while these vaccines appear to have worked in greatly reducing the threat of death from The Rona, they have also been shown to have a very bad effect on a small percentage of recipients. What's waiting as time passes? Nobody knows. Based on this, I cannot condemn those who choose to not get the vaccine and I would ask those who do condemn these "pure-bloods"...'We know there are quite a number of prophylactics and treatments for The Rona. Why are these not being promoted at all?'

If Pixey-Dust thinks unvaxxed Canadians are intolerable, then he should resign as leader of Canada and her people.

• Like 1

I understand enough of it to make my own conclusion that it has nothing to do with a) facts b) logic and c) reason. Linking in a public forum conscious reluctance to have mRNA boosting with misogynism and racism without a shred of evidence is deceitful and deplorable.  It's sad that the country has come to that. And I don't see how it can get better any time soon with public bureaucrats having zero responsibility for their words and results.

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

By the way, could be an insightful exercise to compare, word by word, with known examples of similar statements selecting and dehumanizing a group of population in history. Are there journalists to do that impartially and objectively? This is no laughing matter, as the history shows.

9 hours ago, Nationalist said:

'We know there are quite a number of prophylactics and treatments for The Rona. Why are these not being promoted at all?'

Somehow the people who mystically knew in advance that the vaccines would be perfectly safe and 100% effective also knew in advance that every other possible treatment was anti-science and therefor not worth looking into. 

I actually saw the leader of a leftist mob kick a dude in the chest, knocking him down into a deep well, shouting "FAUCI. IS. SCIEEEEENNNNNNNNCE!"

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Somehow the people who mystically knew in advance that the vaccines would be perfectly safe and 100% effective also knew in advance that every other possible treatment was anti-science and therefor not worth looking into. 

I actually saw the leader of a leftist mob kick a dude in the chest, knocking him down into a deep well, shouting "FAUCI. IS. SCIEEEEENNNNNNNNCE!"

Fauci is fired!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

@QuebecOverCanada Are you 100% fluent in Canadian French, and if so, is the captioning of Trudeau's speech close to 100% accurate? 

If so, is "taking up space" some kind of idiom that has a different meaning that's not very close to the English interpretation  given there? 

Yes I am 100% fluent in both French from France and French from Québec, being a dual citizenship citizen from France and Canada.

Yes, what he said is exactly what is portrayed.

He also said that in science, there is no debate possible, and he and his government incarnate science.

14 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Yes I am 100% fluent in both French from France and French from Québec, being a dual citizenship citizen from France and Canada.

Yes, what he said is exactly what is portrayed.

He also said that in science, there is no debate possible, and he and his government incarnate science.

Thanks QOC.

I can't believe that this isn't a bigger issue for Canadians. He pretends to be the epitome of tolerance but his ignorance and bigotry is over the top. 

• Like 2

On 1/10/2022 at 9:21 AM, WestCanMan said:

I speak a bit of high school French but I won't ever understand Quebecois enough to understand the overall meaning and nuance in this video.

I can only rely on the translation provided by the sites that reported on this apparently hate-laced speech by the PM: https://westernstandardonline.com/2021/12/trudeau-calls-the-unvaccinated-racist-and-misogynistic-extremists/

Are there any Quebecois here who can vouch for whether or not the above is an entirely accurate translation of what the PM said

If so, then Trudeau's slander, libel and hateful bigotry have reached the level of "disqualifying" for a Prime Minister. His divisive 'leadership' can no longer be 'tolerated'.

Trust you to cherry pick criticism of him by the right. 

18 hours ago, Colin Norris said:

Trust you to cherry pick criticism of him by the right. 

WTF?

Do you think that what he did was ok?

He's a lying, hate mongering piece of shit by any reckoning. 

I'd love for you to find an article from someone who supports what he said. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

WTF?

Do you think that what he did was ok?

He's a lying, hate mongering piece of shit by any reckoning. 

I'd love for you to find an article from someone who supports what he said. 

You're getting a little frustrated. Have a valium and lie down. 

If you were right he would be openly criticised. You're not so he wasn't. Duuuuuuh 

Well if you don't buy that one there are dozens of examples that detail him being a lair Lavin, gun control, sexual assault of reporter, black face, there's more if you want. bottom line all the above were covered by all media outlets, and all criticized him openly for all of it. i guess your man is guilty 

19 hours ago, Colin Norris said:

You're getting a little frustrated. Have a valium and lie down. 

If you were right he would be openly criticised. You're not so he wasn't. Duuuuuuh 

He has given the MSM in Canada over $1B, that buys a lot of get out of jail free cards. 

14 hours ago, Colin Norris said:

It's the only place in the world it has happened. Shocking. 

What a stupid answer.

You said that since his hate mongering isn't being discussed in the media it's not really a thing, then you just accept the reason I gave for the media not discussing it, but you still don't even think about the topic at hand. 

Do you understand how bigoted and stupid it was for Trudeau to say that unvaccinated people are "very often misogynists and racists"? Do you know that half of the unvaxxed are women? Are those bitches misogynists? Good to know Colin! Thanks for your outstanding insights!

Think ffs. This has nothing to do with what CTV/CBC/Global news told you (and don't pretend that you don't gobble up their spew, I recognize it in you instantly). They are not your lord & master. Just think inside of your own head. 

Is it ok for Trudeau to say "The Norrises are very often misogynists and racists"?

How about if I end all of my posts with "The Norrises are very often misogynists and racists"? Would that be ok? 

What do you personally think about the sentence "The Norrises are very often misogynists and racists"?

Do you like hearing "The Norrises are very often misogynists and racists"?

IMO saying "The Norrises are very often misogynists and racists" is bigoted and stupid, but by all indications you'd be ok with it. Maybe I just have far higher standards than you and La Turd.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

What a stupid answer.

You said that since his hate mongering isn't being discussed in the media it's not really a thing, then you just accept the reason I gave for the media not discussing it, but you still don't even think about the topic at hand. 

I did not say that.  You interpreted it that way to suit you. You have lied again. 

Do you understand how bigoted and stupid it was for Trudeau to say that unvaccinated people are "very often misogynists and racists"?

Yes. But he could be correct if the stats were revealed. 

Do you know that half of the unvaxxed are women? Are those bitches misogynists?

I don't know what percentage are women and I suspect you don't either but I'm certainly not being misogynistic like you by calling them bitches.

Good to know Colin! Thanks for your outstanding insights!

Think ffs. This has nothing to do with what CTV/CBC/Global news told you (and don't pretend that you don't gobble up their spew, I recognize it in you instantly).

No you didn't because I can't access those outlets. Whatever you recognised must be as real as God. You stereotype all your opponents with silly labels like that.  It's not as if you are the last bastion of truth on here. 

They are not your lord & master. Just think inside of your own head. 

Really? That's the kettle calling the pot black. 

Is it ok for Trudeau to say "The Norrises are very often misogynists and racists"?

He didn't say that. You fabricated that childish shit to emphasise your silliness. 

I understand you think you rule this forum but not me. You take challenges a declaration of  war and fabricate hyperthetical scenarios which are meaningless to bolster your ignorance.  

How about if I end all of my posts with "The Norrises are very often misogynists and racists"? Would that be ok? 

What do you personally think about the sentence "The Norrises are very often misogynists and racists"?

Do you like hearing "The Norrises are very often misogynists and racists"?

IMO saying "The Norrises are very often misogynists and racists" is bigoted and stupid, but by all indications you'd be ok with it. Maybe I just have far higher standards than you and La Turd.

There's a classic example of your ignorance and frustration. Is that the best you've got? You've resorted to referring to them as turds. well, since you started it, you think you're a hot shit but you're really only a warmed up turd. Try again. 

Here's a question: 

What should we do when politicians purposefully incite hatred, division and even violence toward a specific group of people? 

There should be some mechanism rather than elections when politicians go off the rails such as Trudeau is doing now. 

I think Trudeau is suffering from extreme imposter syndrome and we are witnessing a psychotic break.

After a life of luxury and privilege, he has no baseline for personal success. Normal people take a loss and move on and put it in perspective.

For him, this is the final proof that he is a failure.  He is an imposter. He is not loved.  He is not respected.  He is not Prime Minister because of his unique talents.

He is there because he was groomed to play a role and he is failing miserably. His country is in revolt.

He is dangerous right now.

Edited by Goddess
  • Thanks 2

Though I agree with most of what you're saying and also think he's failing, I don't think he's very dangerous.  Trudeau is a marshmallow.  He's soft, he stands for nothing and doesn't really do much.  He's proving himself to be the lame talking-head everyone said he was going to be. 

That said, he'll still get re-elected as things stand thanks to how out-of-touch the most vocal parts of the CPC base are with the rest of the country.  

7 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Though I agree with most of what you're saying and also think he's failing, I don't think he's very dangerous. 

Hate mongering from a political leader is always dangerous. 

Don't forget that his followers are the same ones who follow BLM, and every islamic terrorist in Canada is a Trudeau supporter. 

Look at this shit: https://www.nationalobserver.com/2022/01/27/opinion/anti-vaxxer-truck-convoy-signals-insidious-spread-trumpism-canada

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/so-many-angry-people-experts-say-online-conversation-around-trucker-convoy-veering-into-dangerous-territory-1.5754580

Even though the organizers say it will be peaceful, Phillips said he’s seen people online calling the trucker convoy Canada’s version of the U.S. Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6, 2021, for the truckers to ram their trucks into Parliament, and people encouraging the hanging of politicians.

CTV has picked up on the hate mongering.