Should Sotomayor Be On The SCOTUS At All?

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Yes and it is a bad system, particularly since the country has become so polarized and compromise is a dim memory.

Ya know...the only reason the USA is so polarized is because the Democrats and the Media decided to declare war on President Trump. That's really the bottom line I'm afraid. Liberal minded people actually bought into that ridiculous RUSSIA hoax and were left with egg on their faces. Then they tried UKRAINE and again...egg to face.

And why the desperation to paint Trump as a monster? 2 main reasons:

1. "Drain The Swamp" This scares the b'jeebers out of all the old guard on both sides of the isle.

2. He's a Nationalist...and opposes Globalism.

The prospect of Donny-Boy running in 2024 is unacceptable to the Swamp Creatures. But the American public? That's another story.

39 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Ya know...the only reason the USA is so polarized is because the Democrats and the Media decided to declare war on President Trump. That's really the bottom line I'm afraid. Liberal minded people actually bought into that ridiculous RUSSIA hoax and were left with egg on their faces. Then they tried UKRAINE and again...egg to face.

And why the desperation to paint Trump as a monster? 2 main reasons:

1. "Drain The Swamp" This scares the b'jeebers out of all the old guard on both sides of the isle.

2. He's a Nationalist...and opposes Globalism.

The prospect of Donny-Boy running in 2024 is unacceptable to the Swamp Creatures. But the American public? That's another story.

Give me a break, it started long before Tump. It really started to get bad during the Bush administration and the Tea Party.  And don’t you remember McConnell saying the Republican’s # 1 priority would be to make Obama a one term president the day after the 2010 mid terms?

The US system of selecting SC justices is a crap system that begs for political interference and it compounds the crap for the lifetime of the judge.

Edited by Aristides

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Give me a break, it started long before Tump. It really started to get bad during the Bush administration and the Tea Party.  And don’t you remember McConnell saying the Republican’s # 1 priority would be to make Obama a one term president the day after the 2010 mid terms?

The US system of selecting SC justices is a crap system that begs for political interference.

Many argue that the hyper-partisanship really started with Newt Gingrich. He was quite the attack dog in his day. Still though...he had an understanding of reality and didn't tend to engage in the blatant fantasy-island stuff the Dems do today. I guess things evolve...

GW was, of course, a flop-and-a-half. Which is why I find the trotting out of Liz Cheyney on that 1/6 commission such a revealing load of BS.

The Tea-Party...ya they were something else. And probably the beginnings of the MAGA thing. There's one of them I've never had much use for. Cruz. I don't think Cruz has an ounce of honour in him. He's a bonified Swamp Creature.

And ya...lest we forget what a back-stabbing prat McConnell is. I wasn't a huge fan of him not letting Barry get a vote on his SCOTUS pick. I thought his reasoning was...semi-believable...although everyone knows why Mitch did that. His hatred of Barry ran deep indeed.

I was actually proud of the USA when Barry was elected. I didn't even completely disagree with his "Obamacare" thing. But then his foreign policy began to show. The Red Line. His waffling on the Middle East and Israel. His apology tour. Today Barry must sit in his office and laugh.

"Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to fuck things up"

Yet...the backlash to Donny-Boy was swift and mean. I'd never seen such an intense attempted take-down. It was a full court press of seething lies and unadulterated hatred. A hatred so intense, that they actually excused and deified criminals who burnt down federal court houses and entire areas of major cities. Man that's just a different league of hyper-partisanship.

14 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Yet...the backlash to Donny-Boy was swift and mean. I'd never seen such an intense attempted take-down. It was a full court press of seething lies and unadulterated hatred. A hatred so intense, that they actually excused and deified criminals who burnt down federal court houses and entire areas of major cities. Man that's just a different league of hyper-partisanship.

What do you expect when he starts his campaign by calling Hispanics rapists and murderers. The guy is the king of shit slingers.

His supporters just happily ignore every racist, homophobic, misogynistic thing that came out of his mouth.

Edited by Aristides

I googled "How did Bork become a verb?" and this came up, from Merriam Webster:

bork

verb (1)ˈbȯrk   \
variants:  or less commonly Bork
borked also Borked; borking also Borking; borks also Borks

Definition of bork

(Entry 1 of 2)

transitive verb

US politics,  informal 
: to attack or defeat (a nominee or candidate for public office) unfairly through an organized campaign of harsh public criticism or vilificationIn any event, seeing one of their own being borked may itself energize the conservative base, even beyond what a conservative nomination would do.— Mark TushnetIn 1987, conservative judge Robert Bork endured such virulent criticism … that to this day, a nominee sidelined by activists is said to have been "borked."— Claire Suddath

Bork's nomination was in 1987

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

What do you expect when he starts his campaign by calling Hispanics rapists and murderers. The guy is the king of shit slingers.

His supporters just happily ignore every racist, homophobic, misogynistic thing that came out of his mouth.

Ya...he does have serious hoof in mouth disease. His point at the time was not without merit...but ya...hoof in mouth.

I'll let you in on something. Trump supporters can "forgive" his periodic shit-mouth and angry 4am tweets...both of which he really should polish...because of results. He said he was gonna deliver something and he delivered it. Over and over. He presided over the greatest economy ever. The southern border was shut. The wall was on its way to completion. The military had been replenished. The USA was energy independent. Black universities. Opportunity zones. He opposed China's BS unabashedly. He met...face to face...with Kim Jong-Un and brought them to heal. The ISIS caliphate was destroyed. He put the US Embassy in Jerusalem. And he coined a phrase Americans were dying to hear from a leader...

"Make America Great Again"

On the other side of the coin...Libbies gleefully lied and cheated at every turn, just to hurt the man and even attacked his family. That really pissed off a lot of people...A LOT! So...it got to the point where whenever Donny said something outrageous...the left would scream at the moon...quite literally...and the Trump supporters would listen on their patios...in satisfaction.

26 minutes ago, Aristides said:

1) What do you expect when he starts his campaign by calling Hispanics rapists and murderers. 2) The guy is the king of shit slingers.

1) That's a lie. 

2) How ironic that you follow up your basic slander with an accusation of shit-slinging.

Edited by WestCanMan

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Ya...he does have serious hoof in mouth disease. His point at the time was not without merit...but ya...hoof in mouth.

I'll let you in on something. Trump supporters can "forgive" his periodic shit-mouth and angry 4am tweets...both of which he really should polish...because of results. He said he was gonna deliver something and he delivered it. Over and over. He presided over the greatest economy ever. The southern border was shut. The wall was on its way to completion. The military had been replenished. The USA was energy independent. Black universities. Opportunity zones. He opposed China's BS unabashedly. He met...face to face...with Kim Jong-Un and brought them to heal. The ISIS caliphate was destroyed. He put the US Embassy in Jerusalem. And he coined a phrase Americans were dying to hear from a leader...

"Make America Great Again"

On the other side of the coin...Libbies gleefully lied and cheated at every turn, just to hurt the man and even attacked his family. That really pissed off a lot of people...A LOT! So...it got to the point where whenever Donny said something outrageous...the left would scream at the moon...quite literally...and the Trump supporters would listen on their patios...in satisfaction.

He delivered a country that has never been so polarized. You are a perfect example.

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1) That's a lie. 

2) How ironic that you follow up a lie with an accusation of shit-slinging.

He absolutely accused Mexico of sending rapists and murderers. Seeing the largest number of American Hispanics have Mexican roots, I fully understand why they took exception to that. Not only did he say it, he doubled down on it.

Just now, Aristides said:

He delivered a country that has never been so polarized. You are a perfect example.

Obama delivered a country that polarized. Don't forget that Dems were shooting Republicans at a baseball game in 2017 and making calls to action against the white house and the president.

Leftist idiots didn't notice it at the time because from 2014-2016 they were too busy burning and looting communities and torturing retarded kids for being white, but when they started hating America they were forming a huge divide. 

• Like 1

Just now, Aristides said:

He absolutely accused Mexico of sending rapists and murderers.

That's right, and that's not the same as saying that "Hispanics are murderers", so you lied, right before you called Trump a shit-slinger.

FYI doctors, engineers, lawyers and people with successful businesses don't swim across the Rio Grande with their children. Those are Mexico's 'best'. Well, their soccer players probably are.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

He absolutely accused Mexico of sending rapists and murderers. Seeing the largest number of American Hispanics have Mexican roots, I fully understand why they took exception to that. Not only did he say it, he doubled down on it.

Funny then how Hispanics appear to openly support Trump...ain' it?

Maybe they understood what he was saying a little better than you?

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Funny then how Hispanics appear to openly support Trump...ain' it?

Maybe they understood what he was saying a little better than you?

Hispanics also understands that Trump was right when he said that MS-13 are animals. They also know that he didn't call all Hispanics animals.

Leftists are the most disgusting shit-slingers on the planet. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Interestingly enough...you are semi-correct. I am a perfect example...I hope.

See...I was a Libbie. Then I began reading about something called Progressive Politics. And some pretty tasteless crap began happening...with the full blessings of Libbies. Then BLM happened. An abhorrent gang of race-baiting thugs who's original web site was nothing short of disgusting. And again...with the full blessings of Libbies.

Then Trump exploded onto the scene and the Libbie response was...unbelievably over the top. THAT'S when I became a full fledged Nationalist. MY NATION FIRST!

Do I feel any guilt about the polarization of society? Why should I? Its the Libbies who polarized it. The funny part is...these childish little Marxists...have no idea what sort of man...and woman...they're insulting daily. Should they ever decide to really hold an "insurrection"...there will be no doubt what's happening...and there won't be enough barstools for these Libbie academic Marxists to hide under.

That's not a threat...its a dry observation.

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The fact remains that Sotomayor barfed up blatant stupidity at a level which is extremely alarming for anyone, let alone one of the key decision makers for an entire country. The OP stands undiminished and your drivel is exposed.

Now you've abandoned your untenable position and started hurling sandbox insults, as is your wont. This debate has arrived at it's usual outcome.

❤️

A supreme court judge is a fool.  Really? Yet you tell me I'm stupid. 

2 minutes ago, Colin Norris said:

A supreme court judge is a fool.  Really? Yet you tell me I'm stupid. 

Are you trying to tell me that you think merit has anything to do with the Dems' appointments?

They don't even hide the fact that race, gender, and partisanship are their only measuring sticks.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Are you trying to tell me that you think merit has anything to do with the Dems' appointments?

They don't even hide the fact that race, gender, and partisanship are their only measuring sticks.  

Are you telling me those qualifications are specific to GOP stooges .  

Because they are  divided along political lines doesn't confirm your assumptions regarding partisanship. 

Why shouldn't they be? The gop appointed lackeys to do their work. 

You can be so stupid to believe it  was only DNC who do it. Try again with thought this time. 

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Any thoughts why Trump increased his share of the Hispanic vote in 2020?

12 minutes ago, Colin Norris said:

Are you telling me those qualifications are specific to GOP stooges .  

Because they are  divided along political lines doesn't confirm your assumptions regarding partisanship. 

Why shouldn't they be? The gop appointed lackeys to do their work. 

You can be so stupid to believe it  was only DNC who do it. Try again with thought this time. 

GOP nominees are chosen for their adherence to the laws and the constitution, not for their willingness to bend the laws to suit leftist politics. 

GOP judges and DAs don't rule from the bench, they abide by the legislative process. 

Just now, Colin Norris said:

I hope they also recognise you are a liar. 

Based on what? The childish accusations from your post-debate rants? Sorry, not gonna happen.

FYI Sotomayor was exposed as a dunce (possibly a liar, but I'm not going there) when she made her completely ludicrous comments TO THE ENTIRE NATION.

If she was speaking off the cuff to one of her own family members that would be one thing, but she has to know that she needs to be on her A game when she addresses the topic of covid to the public. She should have brushed up on her knowledge but she ended up Bidening it.

She needs to follow the president's example: no teleprompter, no wordies.