Should Sotomayor Be On The SCOTUS At All?

It's possible she's pretty well versed in law as she of course should be, but in her position she should be well versed in actual facts about other things as well. Maybe her sources of information are CNN, MSNBC, The View etc.

I'm betting the so-called fact checkers must be very uncomfortable right now. They likely will bend over backwards for her.

2 hours ago, ironstone said:

It's possible she's pretty well versed in law as she of course should be, but in her position she should be well versed in actual facts about other things as well. Maybe her sources of information are CNN, MSNBC, The View etc.

I'm betting the so-called fact checkers must be very uncomfortable right now. They likely will bend over backwards for her.

Fact checkers have already shown themselves as unreliable. 

Sotomayor is involved in a case involving the Rona and government mandates. She has staff who should do the research for her. She either didn't or felt the need to instill even more fear.

Either way she's a plank.

On 1/9/2022 at 1:22 AM, Nationalist said:

https://factcheck.thedispatch.com/p/fact-check-sonia-sotomayor-claimed

100,000? Hell she's only off by what? 97,000?

Should partisan liars be on the SCOTUS? Should this sort of stupidity be on the bench at all?

You never objected when trump appointed his cronies anticipating a SC challenge. That worked well. They all laughed at him. 

You're a hypocrite. 

6 hours ago, Colin Norris said:

You never objected when trump appointed his cronies anticipating a SC challenge. That worked well. They all laughed at him. 

You're a hypocrite. 

Trump did what any president would do. Appointed judges that align with the principles of his political beliefs. Is it his fault Obama fell asleep at the wheel? 

So...do you happen to have any realistic arguments? 

Edited by Nationalist

5 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Trump did what any president would do. Appointed judges that align with the principles of his political beliefs. Is it his fault Obama fell asleep at the wheel? 

Isn't that typical. Where's the evidence Obama was asleep? How pathetic. 

Check the state of the economy when he took office and when he left then tell me he was a failure. 

You are purely r e wearing the ignorant Republican hate filled line yet in another post you rejected the notion republicans were racist.  Don't make me vomit. 

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2022 at 9:35 PM, Colin Norris said:

You're a hypocrite. 

You have 40 posts here Colin Norris. Nationalist has 178.

How do you know what Nationalist was saying back when Trump was appointing SCJs?

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2022 at 6:22 AM, Nationalist said:

Should partisan liars be on the SCOTUS? Should this sort of stupidity be on the bench at all?

Agreed. This is such an alarming level of stupidity that it should be disqualifying for a person in her position.

COVID isn't a topic that most people are completely unaware of. She wasn't just a bit wrong, and she wasn't commenting on down quarks, toroids, the cells lining inside of an iguanas colon or the core of a black hole, she was commenting on the most commonly discussed issue of the last two years, and it's like she just came out of a time capsule from 1984. "Like, what's with this corvid thing? Is that like, a plant or an animal or like, [pops gum loudly] that hot guy from the Ramones?"

The fact that one of the very key people in the world's foremost democracy is also one of the stupidest people on the planet is really hard to wrap one's head around. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Colin Norris said:

I always know when my opponents argument is exhausted. They attack the grammar, next is define your intellect then is they ask why am I here. 

You're about there now son. 

I already made you look stupid in the posts where you replied to me directly, now I'm just making you look stupid in posts that you directed at other people. 

And yeah, I guess I'm already there but it's so much fun.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

I already made you look stupid in the posts where you replied to me directly, now I'm just making you look stupid in posts that you directed at other people. 

And yeah, I guess I'm already there but it's so much fun.

If you think you did, I hope you get a warm inner glow from it. Others with differ. 

I know you don't like getting challenged so you shift the emphasis onto the usual subjects like how you are mentally superior to me. Self assessment us no assessment. You are still wet behind the ears son. 

Getting refuted by you is like getting flogged with a warm lettuce. 

Do you really want to go in with this? 

18 minutes ago, Colin Norris said:

If you think you did, I hope you get a warm inner glow from it. Others with differ. 

I know you don't like getting challenged so you shift the emphasis onto the usual subjects like how you are mentally superior to me. Self assessment us no assessment. You are still wet behind the ears son. 

Getting refuted by you is like getting flogged with a warm lettuce. 

Do you really want to go in with this? 

I'll have this battle of wits with you Colin. I'm not too sporting to accept a challenge from an unarmed man.

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You have 40 posts here Colin Norris. Nationalist has 178.

How do you know what Nationalist was saying back when Trump was appointing SCJs?

Oh look^, there's a post in this very thread, from this very day, where I called you out for lying and you didn't have an answer so you "shift[ed] the emphasis onto the usual subjects like how you are mentally superior". Sound familiar? 

So do tell colin, how do you know that nationalist was being a hypocrite? Is this a new account for you because you got sick of being busted for lying/being wrong so much on an old account? 

I've been here a long time, and I'll be posting with this account long after you've been banned or humiliated into creating something new. 

I'll gladly tell you both what I thought. Trump put 3 SCJs in and a couple hundred judges of other levels. It's my understanding Barry could have filled some of the lower court seats, and the Republicans successfully blocked Barry from 1 SCJ seat.

Politically it was brilliant. I also think it was necessary since, as we've seen, at least 1 of Barry's appointments...ain't to bright.

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I'll have this battle of wits with you Colin. I'm not too sporting to accept a challenge from an unarmed man.

I'm not unarmed son. You're problem is I have invaded you tabernacle of Republican hate and you don't like it. 

Oh look^, there's a post in this very thread, from this very day, where I called you out for lying and you didn't have an answer so you "shift[ed] the emphasis onto the usual subjects like how you are mentally superior". Sound familiar? 

I never said I am mentally superior. You are lying again. I said you think you are mentally superior so who's shifting the emphasis now. Don't insult me again. 

So do tell colin, how do you know that nationalist was being a hypocrite? Is this a new account for you because you got sick of being busted for lying/being wrong so much on an old account? 

I have yet to see a Republican who isn't a hypocrit.  I just proved you were a liar above so hypocrisy comes even more naturally. 

I've been here a long time, and I'll be posting with this account long after you've been banned or humiliated into creating something new. 

I have never been banned or under another name but then again, why shift the emphasis again. I Can see I'm under your skin as you have enjoyed stardom on here for a while. 

Your childish petulance will not allow you to accept some facts that oppose your hideous beliefs. I will not relent until you start posting facts so have another lie filled swing at me and see how you go. You're as easy as taking wheat from blind chickens. 

On 1/9/2022 at 1:22 AM, Nationalist said:

You never say that about the Republican  cronies there. Aren't they liars also? 

17 hours ago, Colin Norris said:

WCM) So do tell colin, how do you know that nationalist was being a hypocrite? Is this a new account for you because you got sick of being busted for lying/being wrong so much on an old account? 

Colin 1) I have yet to see a Republican who isn't a hypocrit.  I just proved you were a liar above so hypocrisy comes even more naturally. 

WCM) I've been here a long time, and I'll be posting with this account long after you've been banned or humiliated into creating something new. 

Colin 2) I have never been banned or under another name but then again, why shift the emphasis again. I Can see I'm under your skin as you have enjoyed stardom on here for a while. 

Your childish petulance will not allow you to accept some facts that oppose your hideous beliefs. I will not relent until you start posting facts so have another lie filled swing at me and see how you go. You're as easy as taking wheat from blind chickens. 

1) So you're admitting that you called him a hypocrite for what he did years ago, but you don't actually have any proof whatsoever that he actually did it, so you're acknowledging that you slandered him. Do you know that slander is the worst form of lying? You also called me a liar, which you never proved: all you proved is that your reading comprehension sucks. 

2) Don't care about your account, I just didn't want to outright accuse you of lying/slander until I knew for certain, and now I'm certain. 

Childish petulance/hideous beliefs lol. I don't care about your opinion, I know what it's worth.

FYISotomayor is a complete dolt and there's literally no excuse for what she did. A SCJ should not weigh in on a topic and make such grand claims when they are so completely uninformed, period. It undermines the people's trust in the judicial system because it makes people wonder how many times she, a SCJ no less, has made a ruling based on the same level of ignorance that she made those declarative/wildly incorrect statements. 

Case closed colin.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1) So you're admitting that you called him a hypocrite for what he did years ago, but you don't actually have any proof whatsoever that he actually did it, so you're acknowledging that you slandered him. Do you know that slander is the worst form of lying? You also called me a liar, which you never proved: all you proved is that your reading comprehension sucks. 

2) Don't care about your account, I just didn't want to outright accuse you of lying/slander until I knew for certain, and now I'm certain. 

Childish petulance/hideous beliefs lol. I don't care about your opinion, I know what it's worth.

FYISotomayor is a complete dolt and there's literally no excuse for what she did. A SCJ should not weigh in on a topic and make such grand claims when they are so completely uninformed, period. It undermines the people's trust in the judicial system because it makes people wonder how many times she, a SCJ no less, has made a ruling based on the same level of ignorance that she made those declarative/wildly incorrect statements. 

Case closed colin.  

The irony of you calling sotomayor an dolt and not supporting it with evidence. It's because shes a leftie I suspect.  

It's probably best you do leave the case. You haven't exactly made the earth spin off its axis. 

I reiterate everything I said and you have yet to prove otherwise. But keep dragging your knuckles with the republican movement. The likes of you are their life support. 

38 minutes ago, Colin Norris said:

The irony of you calling sotomayor an dolt and not supporting it with evidence. It's because shes a leftie I suspect.  

It's probably best you do leave the case. You haven't exactly made the earth spin off its axis. 

I reiterate everything I said and you have yet to prove otherwise. But keep dragging your knuckles with the republican movement. The likes of you are their life support. 

No supporting evidence? You replied to the OP ffs, yet you still don't have a clue what this thread is about...? 

You're definitely the new leftist champ. 

No offence, but I can't help but wonder about your age and where you got your highest level of education from. If you don't want to say, that's fine, it's none of my business. 

8 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

No supporting evidence? You replied to the OP ffs, yet you still don't have a clue what this thread is about...? 

You're definitely the new leftist champ. 

No offence, but I can't help but wonder about your age and where you got your highest level of education from. If you don't want to say, that's fine, it's none of my business. 

I can say you are not an intellectual giant as clearly demonstrated when you question others. How arrogant and vain are you? 

Who Do you think you are? It's not as if the world hangs on every word you mumble. You're just another spoilt youthful poster who believes everything you say is right. I proved you have bern economical with the truth. I'd give up while you behind son. You'll go no where against me. 

9 hours ago, Colin Norris said:

I can say you are not an intellectual giant as clearly demonstrated when you question others. How arrogant and vain are you? 

Who Do you think you are? It's not as if the world hangs on every word you mumble. You're just another spoilt youthful poster who believes everything you say is right. I proved you have bern economical with the truth. I'd give up while you behind son. You'll go no where against me. 

The fact remains that Sotomayor barfed up blatant stupidity at a level which is extremely alarming for anyone, let alone one of the key decision makers for an entire country. The OP stands undiminished and your drivel is exposed.

Now you've abandoned your untenable position and started hurling sandbox insults, as is your wont. This debate has arrived at it's usual outcome.

❤️

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 4:01 AM, Nationalist said:

That’s the problem with the US, the SCOTUS has become just another political appointment and it is for life. 

• Like 1