Mandatory Covid vaccination in Canada now a possibility.

Canadians are fed up and frustrated with the pandemic and refusal of a small minority to vaccinate themselves and latest updates indicates a majority of ICU beds are taken by the small minority unvaccinated people who choose not to vaccinate. Therefore the governments responded by making life harder for unvaccinated people.

However, with the advent of highly transmissible Omicron that strategy may not be enough as hospitals are overwhelmed and heart and cancer surgeries are being cancelled and the nation realizes that the lives of their fellow citizens are being put in grave risk for no fault or choice of their own, the Federal government is now indicating the provinces may mandate vaccination.

Great. Better late than never.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

There is no objective grounds for it so this is driven by well known and tried over decades and centuries explosive mix of fear, desire for panacea and a scapegoat. Somebody close to the wheels and knobs of the society always smells this sweet smoke and has skills to make the most of it. How original.

And when it happens (no if, any longer) in this country there's simply no working or even theoretical mechanisms to maintain sanity. Nobody just thought that they could be needed. If it worked two hundred years back copied from colonial blueprint, why bother.

9 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

mass formation psychosis is a helluva drug

Weimar Germany on the civilizational level

the unvaccinated are the new Jews

see CITIZEN_2015 for a prime example of these crazed sheep

It is incredible the extend to which you go to justify the unjustifiable. Being unvaccinated is a CHOICE. Being a Jew was not a choice. Nobody even remotely suggesting unvaccinated should be treated badly remotely close to how Jews were treated, however they must not be allowed to leave home and walk among innocent people including the elderly and children.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

What amazing times we're living! Never in my mind three, four years back could I have imagined saying these words: thank you, Mr. Trump ... for appointing conservative judges to US Supreme Court. Appeals of Biden's vaccine mandates are now before the SCOTUS and at least they will have a more objective consideration of the rationale and factors than simply marching to the tune "for your own good" of the day.

Conservatism isn't really my thing but with a certain combination of factors liberal left can be scary, risky and dangerous in its enthusiasm to spread dogmas without factual and critical analysis and questioning. "Let's just march and see what happens, all together now!" Yep, once seen with own eyes, no denying that.

Edited by myata

There's also a very practical point: I'm nowhere near the level of confidence to let "travel from Wuhan" exsperts shoot into me whatever and whenever they feel like just because. Over this time everybody had a chance to observe the level of competence and responsibility and the answer, to me at least, is quite clear.

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It is incredible the extend to which you go to justify the unjustifiable. Being unvaccinated is a CHOICE. Being a Jew was not a choice. Nobody even remotely suggesting unvaccinated should be treated badly remotely close to how Jews were treated, however they must not be allowed to leave home and walk among innocent people including the elderly and children.

Wait, so let me get this right, your saying if a Jew had a choice to change their ethnicity, back 1940s in Germany, then they would have deserved all their rights removed, because it was a "choice" just like the unvaccinated?

Yikes. 

Parallels with that period are entirely valid if not for the justifications and extent of persecution, then for an illustration of how far a previously and presumably civilized society could go in the right circumstances, like prolonged fear and anxiety, instability desire of quick panacea solutions for complex problems and need for a scapegoat as a rationalization of why quick solutions would not work. It could be a warning, but only for those who can remember and think independently.

23 minutes ago, Winston said:

Wait, so let me get this right, your saying if a Jew had a choice to change their ethnicity, back 1940s in Germany, then they would have deserved all their rights removed, because it was a "choice" just like the unvaccinated?

Yikes. 

Race and ethnicity is not a choice, you are born with it and it can't be changed. Vaccination is. That said, I doubt mandatory vaccination is constitutional but governments and business can make life difficult for the unvaccinated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

but governments and business can make life difficult for the unvaccinated.

And we aren't even asking why would they be doing it, to an arbitrarily selected group of population, in a (presumably) free and democratic society? OK, that in itself already tells us something doesn't it? Not about Covid or unvaccinated, about us.

Edited by myata

3 minutes ago, myata said:

And we aren't even asking why would they be doing it, to an arbitrarily selected group of population, in a (presumably) free and democratic society? OK, that in itself already tells us something doesn't it? Not about Covid or unvaccinated, about us.

We know why. We are constantly being told why but you don't listen. It's to keep our hospitals from being overrun with covid patients. Do you really think surgeries and other treatments are being cancelled just to make a point?

Edited by Aristides

35 minutes ago, Winston said:

Yikes. 

You are disgusting. Distorting completely what I say into worst possible statement I never remotely said.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Okay I’m calling it out: Duclos is an idiot. A one hundred percent vaccinated population doesn’t eliminate or slow the spread of Omicron.  Vaccination provides some resistance and most people are fully-vaccinated and getting boosts.   So what?  Some unvaccinated and fully-vaccinated people will end up in the ICU.  More rarely some will die.  Anti-viral treatments are awaiting approval.  Stop trying to coerce people into health choices.  Are you still so confident in the endless boosting and vaccine passport program?   It’s f@cking sick.  Covid has become another one of life’s risks.  End the restrictions and let people live normal lives.   Stop destroying businesses and mental health.   Stop totalitarianism in Canada.  

3 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You are disgusting. Distorting completely what I say into worst possible statement I never remotely said.

Then what did you mean that the Jews could not choose, but the unvaccinated could choose? Both suggest that the mandates enforced upon either group were justified given either group had a choice. Please clarify. 

Edited by Winston

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It's to keep our hospitals from being overrun with covid patients.

You mean, trump rights and choices of citizens because system cannot handle a problem it was intended and financed by the citizens (you thought it was "free") to handle? So (from now on) every time the system has a problem citizens have to roll up the sleeve? You can have it but this is not free democratic society, no you're confused. This would be China.

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Okay I’m calling it out: Duclos is an idiot. A one hundred percent vaccinated population doesn’t eliminate or slow the spread of Omicron.  Vaccination provides some resistance and most people are fully-vaccinated and getting boosts.   So what?  Some unvaccinated and fully-vaccinated people will end up in the ICU.  More rarely some will die.  Anti-viral treatments are awaiting approval.  Stop trying to coerce people into health choices.  Are you still so confident in the endless boosting and vaccine passport program?   It’s f@cking sick.  Covid has become another one of life’s risks.  End the restrictions and let people live normal lives.   Stop destroying businesses and mental health.   Stop totalitarianism in Canada.  

So are you going to take antiviral treatments that have had even less testing than the vaccines which keep most people out of hospitals in the first place. Those treatments need to be taken early during infection which means you will have to get tested for every sniffle to find out if you actually have covid or it might be too late for them to keep you out of a hospital.

1 minute ago, myata said:

You mean, trump rights and choices of citizens because system cannot handle a problem it was intended and financed by the citizens (you thought it was "free") to handle? So (from now on) every time the system has a problem citizens have to roll up the sleeve? You can have it but this is not free democratic society, no you're confused. This would be China.

Life's a bitch and then you die. Grow up.

3 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Latest Ontario statistics.

Ontario Health Minister Christine Elliott said of those in the ICU, 248 are not fully vaccinated or have an unknown vaccination status while 137 are fully immunized.

Odd that data shows otherwise

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data/hospitalizations

Unvaccinated cases 123

Partially vaccinated cases 18

Fully vaccinated cases 137

Edited by Winston

2 minutes ago, Winston said:

Odd that data shows otherwise

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data/hospitalizations

Unvaccinated cases 123

Partially vaccinated cases 18

Fully vaccinated cases 137

This is the latest update.

https://www.cp24.com/news/ont-says-385-covid-19-patients-now-in-icu-31-more-virus-related-deaths-confirmed-today-1.5732704

9 minutes ago, Winston said:

Then what did you mean that the Jews could not choose, but the unvaccinated could choose? Both suggest that the mandates enforced upon either group were justified given either group had a choice. Please clarify. 

So if I say being born white is not a choice this means I am saying that all white people should be put in concentration or extermination camps based on your logic?????!!!!!!!!

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1 minute ago, myata said:

So this is really about your desire to live in China or China-like environment. OK. You have the right to like it and desire it. Just like someone else, not to.

Stop being such a drama queen. You are actually asked to do very little to enjoy the benefits of being a Canadian.