Authoritarian axis rising

myata

The signs are right before our eyes. But true to our nature we try so very hard to not notice.

But here's the thing: pandemic situation that nobody expected (unless you're into theories) has a play in it too. And in a number of essential ways.

It makes West reluctant to act strongly (or at all, meaningfully) being involved in its internal struggles and challenges. And there's no better time in dealing with it than that when its involved in itself. Just look back, doesn't take much.

Soft talking and "diplomacy" would encourage and invite potential strongpeople and why look for nice words, aggressors even in best of normal times. They know all about the meaning of empty words that everybody knows wouldn't be supported by necessary action. Just look back.

These however are times quite different from normal. The pandemic has weakened and immobilized West while it's no big deal really for the axis people. After all what difference is it where little people they own would perish, to the virus - or on some glorious frontiers of new empires? Well, actually the answer is quite obvious, at least for them.

And to top it all up, authoritarianism, expectation of and reluctance to question the need for strong and wise management of all our problems is crawling, creeping and seeping from within. Nope, there's no denying it any longer.

Interesting times, ne c'est pas? Should we continue our blissful, decades-long slumber and see what happens? Without looking back, even once?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

If there is 1 common denominator among the myriad of authoritarian influences today...its Globalism.

You finally figured that out all on your own did you?

The two axial principles of our age—tribalism and globalism—clash at every point except one: they may both be threatening to democracy

MARCH 1992 ISSUE

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1992/03/jihad-vs-mcworld/303882/

Edited by eyeball

52 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

If there is 1 common denominator among the myriad of authoritarian influences today...its Globalism.

Globalism is spearheaded by multi-national corporations and the super rich.

Meanwhile, Mr. Trudeau refers to Canada as a post-national state. What does he mean?

We are their bauble, playtoy. More than just a political experiment. An hors d’oeuvre

21 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Globalism is spearheaded by multi-national corporations and the super rich.

Meanwhile, Mr. Trudeau refers to Canada as a post-national state. What does he mean?

We are their bauble, playtoy. More than just a political experiment. An hors d’oeuvre

Only because we let them.

I think the only reasonable assumption, concerning Li'l Justin's "post-national" statement, is that he and the government actually oppose the notion of a Nation. Hell they've already watered down the notion by agreeing to that asinine Statehood BS they agreed to with Quebec. The Nation or State is being replaced by The Planet.

"We have to save the planet!"

"We have to save Democracy!"

"We have to save the millions pouring over the US/Mexico border!"

"We have to save... du jours...

I neither need, nor want, their saving. What I want...is some rational thinking and good old fashioned TRUTH!

So YES! You are quite correct, IMO. The super-rich are attempting a sort of coup. A friggin global coup where they wind up owning everything in commerce. Where the almighty Dollar actually does replace Gawd and morality. Where the family unit MUST be devastated. Where the very notion of 'individuality' MUST be squashed.

And Mr. Trudeau...sorry but I just ain'-a-gonna play that game.

You're Fired!

Edited by Nationalist

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I do speak for myself. 

You clearly said we.

I said Mr. Trudeua has Candian asses up for grabs, doh.

Your's perhaps but not mine.  

And now you can speak for yourself. See how that works? 

As clearly as you can see that you don't speak for me.

Welcome back!

Thanks, missed me did ya?

Interestingly, globalism seems to be less of a problems for authoritarians. So is this really the binary choice we have, one or the other, coming on a millennium of democracy, and so many millions of intelligent evolution? A buck-master or the beloved supreme leader master?

Or is just the plain old Mendel genes - a herd of great apes must have an alpha master; however they are named or entitled, and in whatever dressed? You try to question it, argue with it but it's in your DNA.

Edited by myata