Is the world polluting the minds of young people with a false narrative of the origin and meaning of life?

blackbird

There is lots of evidence of God performing miracles recorded in the Bible.  These were recorded by eye witnesses or passed on from eye witnesses to those who kept a record.  Eye witnesses are given paramount importance in courts of law.  Why not when they are recorded in the Bible?

http://www.graspinggod.com/support-files/list_of_old_testament_miracles.pdf

34 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

What ?  Climate Change ?  Total side drift...

No a single event on that scale has a miniscule effect on climate.

And again I don't care about the god question sorry.

Don't forget Roman Catholicism won't save you either.  Do you think you are safe because you are a RC and can ignore the subject of God?  It is largely based on inventions of men rather than the Bible for the purpose of increasing the control by Rome.  Why do you think they teach salvation comes through the church's sacraments administered by the priests?  This is contrary to the Bible which teaches salvation is strictly by faith through grace.  Not to mention the idolatry of Mary worship and praying to saints, etc.

13 minutes ago, blackbird said:

There is lots of evidence of God performing miracles recorded in the Bible.  These were recorded by eye witnesses or passed on from eye witnesses to those who kept a record.  Eye witnesses are given paramount importance in courts of law.  Why not when they are recorded in the Bible?

http://www.graspinggod.com/support-files/list_of_old_testament_miracles.pdf

This is becoming extreme thread drift, please post this in religion or at least change the title.

10 minutes ago, Winston said:

This is becoming extreme thread drift, please post this in religion or at least change the title.

No thread drift at all.  This is directly related to the subject of the origin and meaning of life, i.e. God and is a moral and ethical issue.  The miracles in the Bible again support the reason for faith in God, which is a central moral and ethical issue.

I understand you want to claim moral and ethics has nothing to do with religion or the Bible.  That is the secular humanist position.  Man decides morals and ethics, not God, which is false.

The foundation of all morals and ethics comes from God and the Bible.  Bible believers will not be silenced or relegated to the back room as you want to do.

Edited by blackbird

2 hours ago, LittleNipper said:

The proof is in the pudding. If there is no GOD, who is getting me out of the messes I created for myself. Time and again, I have prayed for help and things get corrected.  And my faith grows more as I witness such changes from day to day.  NOW, if nothing happened and everything always want down the tubes I'd have to wonder.  Faith doesn't come from seeing GOD, but it does grow with trusting that GOD will help ---- and HE does. And my faith matures...

Apparently you've not grown up enough to stop creating messes to step in.  You need to ask for help with that.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

here is lots of evidence of God performing miracles recorded in the Bible. 

What does this have to do with morality or ethics?

"Because of the evolutionary brainwashing, the indoctrinated now have no purpose to their lives and no eternal hope or perspective." - What does this have to do with morality or ethics? Its purely a religious statement.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Winston said:

What does this have to do with morality or ethics?

"Because of the evolutionary brainwashing, the indoctrinated now have no purpose to their lives and no eternal hope or perspective." - What does this have to do with morality or ethics? Its purely a religious statement.

Not purely a religious statement.   Morality and ethics comes from belief in God and the Bible.  Young people are being brainwashed in public schools, the media, and society today into believing in humanism, progressivism and liberalism as the central idea of life.  The Bible and Christianity is being driven out of society by the cancel culture, political left, and liberals and fed other poisons.

9 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Not purely a religious statement.   Morality and ethics comes from belief in God and the Bible.  Young people are being brainwashed in public schools, the media, and society today into believing in humanism, progressivism and liberalism as the central idea of life.  The Bible and Christianity is being driven out of society by the cancel culture, political left, and liberals and fed other poisons.

Yes people believe in humanism, how is that immoral or unethical?

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Not purely a religious statement.   Morality and ethics comes from belief in God and the Bible. 

Absolute rubbish. All those human features preceded any religion ever invented. Its a long stretch to suggest only godbotherers have those features because they think it was so tenderly gifted by God. 

Does  all the slaughter of children and innocent people in the bible point to morals and ethics from your silly God? Does  brain cancer in little  kids point to morals from God after all he created them? 

I think you had better re think those  outrageous statements before posting it. 

Young people are being brainwashed in public schools, the media, and society today into believing in humanism, progressivism and liberalism as the central idea of life. 

What you really mean is they are being allowed to chose to decide what they like. If the Jesus junkies had their way, freedom to chose would be abolished. That's called brain washing. 

The central idea of life is to be taught everything possible and you decide. The education system is no longer a tool of  the right  wing godbotherers, indoctrinating them with your lies. 

The Bible and Christianity is being driven out of society by the cancel culture, political left, and liberals and fed other poisons.

Not so.  Apart from the fact it needs to be, people are waking up to the hypocrisy and lies the likes  of you peddle. 

It's breathtaking to think a mature human being can still believe in religion and the existence of a God when everything us explained.  

We know there was no creator and no God but you are frightened of  death so persue eternity. 

Try this. 

If God created the universe,  what year approximately did he do it? From  what did he created it? 

If there was nothing, its fair to ask who created God? 

Do you really believe eve came from a rib of  Adam because the bible says so? 

Answer those questions if you think this discussion is worth persuing. 

3 hours ago, Winston said:

Yes people believe in humanism, how is that immoral or unethical?

Humanism is where Marxism, Communism, Evil progressivism such as teaching kids in school they can be LGBTQ.  Little boys can be girls if they so choose or vice versa.  If you think that is ethical or moral you have a serious problem.  But that is what is happening in Canada now under the protection of laws and governments.

Edited by blackbird

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Humanism is where Marxism, Communism, Evil progressivism such as teaching kids in school they can be LGBTQ.  Little boys can be girls if they so choose or vice versa.  If you think that is ethical or moral you have a serious problem.  But that is what is happening in Canada now under the protection of laws and governments.

If we want to discuss this we first must agree to a formal definition of humanism. 

Would this be agreeable? https://www.humanistcanada.ca/about/humanism/

1 hour ago, Winston said:

If we want to discuss this we first must agree to a formal definition of humanism. 

Would this be agreeable? https://www.humanistcanada.ca/about/humanism/

A quick search brings this definition:

Quote   an outlook or system of thought attaching prime importance to human rather than divine or supernatural matters. Humanist beliefs stress the potential value and goodness of human beings, emphasize common human needs, and seek solely rational ways of solving human problems.  Unquote

Perhaps the term secular humanism would be more specific.

secular humanism definition:  

NOUN

humanism, with regard in particular to the belief that humanity is capable of morality and self-fulfillment without belief in God.

This means anything goes with any group of special interests, a political party such as Liberal, NDP, Greens which have progressive agendas.  They operate on the principle of secular humanism or what they consider as important. Notice I added to the word secular to clarify the part of the definition of humanism where morality is defined without belief in God.

It could be politically driven for votes in political parties which want to draw a certain type of demographic.  This ignores what is considered historically wrong or contrary to Judeo-Christian principles that have governed western society for many centuries.  The 20th century brought the sexual revolution where whatever individuals desire to do between themselves is fine with the progressives or liberals.  Of course this also included a backlash against those who hold to traditional family values and Christian beliefs.  There are lots of people on here who love to lash out at people with Christian beliefs as we see. As the Bible foretold evil becomes good and good becomes evil.  Some seem to be very closely under the control of Satan and follow him enthusiastically.  Since people who hold to traditional beliefs is becoming a smaller demographic, the progressives get their way as governments bow to the political pressure.

Edited by blackbird

38 minutes ago, blackbird said:

humanism, with regard in particular to the belief that humanity is capable of morality and self-fulfillment without belief in God.

So all it means is humanity is capable of morality and self-fulfillment. 

38 minutes ago, blackbird said:

This means anything goes with any group of special interests, a political party such as Liberal, NDP, Greens which have progressive agendas

No it does not mean anything goes, what are the fundamentals of secular humanism that state "anything goes"?

Edited by Winston

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

Bullshit.  You rabid frothy-mouthed fundamentalists are free to travel back in time and find a compound within which to dwell.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

A quick search brings this definition:

Quote   an outlook or system of thought attaching prime importance to human rather than divine or supernatural matters. Humanist beliefs stress the potential value and goodness of human beings, emphasize common human needs, and seek solely rational ways of solving human problems.  Unquote

Perhaps the term secular humanism would be more specific.

secular humanism definition:  

NOUN

This means anything goes with any group of special interests, a political party such as Liberal, NDP, Greens which have progressive agendas.  They operate on the principle of secular humanism or what they consider as important. Notice I added to the word secular to clarify the part of the definition of humanism where morality is defined without belief in God.

It could be politically driven for votes in political parties which want to draw a certain type of demographic.  This ignores what is considered historically wrong or contrary to Judeo-Christian principles that have governed western society for many centuries.  The 20th century brought the sexual revolution where whatever individuals desire to do between themselves is fine with the progressives or liberals.  Of course this also included a backlash against those who hold to traditional family values and Christian beliefs.  There are lots of people on here who love to lash out at people with Christian beliefs as we see. As the Bible foretold evil becomes good and good becomes evil.  Some seem to be very closely under the control of Satan and follow him enthusiastically.  Since people who hold to traditional beliefs is becoming a smaller demographic, the progressives get their way as governments bow to the political pressure.

The last thing any rabid fundamentalist religioso wanted was progress and peace.  Yeah.  Nicely done.

The minds of young people today are being filled with a false narrative in the public school system and through social media, and their friends and relatives.  This quote below is a description of a book called "Darwin's Universe:  Survival for Nothing".  I think I am going to order this book.  It will also be good to give to my kids and grand kids after.  I have one grand kid who I think has likely been thoroughly brainwashed by the public school system over the years.  Maybe I better get more than one copy.  Do you believe that mankind and the universe was some kind of cosmic accident?  Do you think life ends at the grave?  Do you feel that there is no meaning in life for you?  Do you feel a sense of hopelessness in life or suffer depression often?  Maybe this book will help you change your perspective and start you moving in the right direction.  I do hope you find meaning with this book. This is what it is about:

Darwin's Universe:  Survival for Nothing

Darwinists hope to bury God in an avalanche of a causeless universe and a godless evolution.

However, instead of liberating us, they plunge us into a cosmic depression. We are reduced to: From Nothing, By Nothing, For Nothing - an accidental leftover from the Big Bang, evolved by a lucky chance, and here for no ultimate purpose.

We are just walking molecules, birthed through a cosmic accident, dancing to the music of our DNA, and destined to disappear in a cosmic blink - nothing more, nothing less, nothing else.

And when we look to science and evolution for answers, all we get is a blank look. Life has no real purpose, dude - it is about the survival of the genes in us - feeding, fending, fleeting and fathering - just live through it and get it over with. Our final destination is the hole in the ground.

But is it true?

Perhaps we are: From Someone, By Someone, For Someone. Perhaps there is an unexplored and awesome universe beyond the Darwinian world of survival for nothing.

Science encourages us to think critically and lets us place Darwinism in the crosshairs and examine it in the light of empirical science - is it observable and repeatable? If not, it is not experimental science. And, as we shall see, Darwinism is an unobservable and unreproducible pseudo-science.

This book will walk us through cosmology, biology, philosophy and end with theology, the queen of the sciences. Empirical science buries Darwinism and resurrects Creationism. We are more than cosmic orphans lost in an accidental, uncaring and dying Universe; we are living souls, made in the image of God, and designed to have a wonderful relationship with an awesome Creator.

Yan T Wee, the founding Pastor of Shalom Baptist Church, Singapore, writes from his fascinating research into the latest skirmish between speculative Darwinism and deducible Creationism. He concludes that Darwinism, when viewed in its entirety, is not only disingenuous, but a guaranteed, one-way ticket into the universe of ultimate meaninglessness and despair. Unquote

Chick.com: Darwin’s Universe: Survival for Nothing

I think anyone would likely find this book interesting and informative.  There are other books along this line also available from the same source.

Edited by blackbird

29 minutes ago, Winston said:

I see blackbird, no interest in honest discussion, just preaching.

All the best to you. 

From what I've read you do your fair share of preaching in favour of secular humanist thinking.  As far as preaching is concerned, that is what public schools do;  they preach secular humanism, the theory of evolution, and sexual fluidity or gender fluidity to young people.  What did Jesus say about offending children or leading them astray?

I have given you countless examples of evidence pointing to an intelligent designer or Creator, but you don't accept any of it.

What would you say is the purpose of life?  Does it even have a purpose?  Where did the universe come from?

Edited by blackbird

21 minutes ago, Winston said:

All the best to you. 

Of course I am always interested in honest discussion.  But where do we start.  We seemed to have reached an impasse.  I would like to go further but I am not sure how to proceed unless you have something to contribute.  If you insist I must provide some kind of scientific proof about how God created everything, which as you know is an impossibility.  You seem to think that all things must fit into that kind of mould, which is false.  There is a supernatural world apart from the material or visible world.  Mankind has believed in the existence of the supernatural since the beginning of man.  The evidences of many occasions of supernatural acts of God are recorded in Holy Scripture.  It is not something you can analyze in scientific terms.  Could you agree to the possibility of the supernatural?    

Edited by blackbird

7 hours ago, Winston said:

All the best to you. 

One thing that the theory of evolution fails to explain is cases of irreducible complexity.  An example is a jumping beetle mechanism.  This article explains this mechanism.  It is apparently something that would have to have been created with the spring mechanism built into the beetle.  It says there is no known way such a mechanism could have evolved.

Jumping beetle mechanism inspires bionic design - creation.com

flea-beetle-2@559w.webp

Edited by blackbird

On 1/20/2022 at 2:28 PM, blackbird said:

Don't forget Roman Catholicism won't save you either.  Do you think you are safe because you are a RC and can ignore the subject of God?  It is largely based on inventions of men rather than the Bible for the purpose of increasing the control by Rome.  Why do you think they teach salvation comes through the church's sacraments administered by the priests?  This is contrary to the Bible which teaches salvation is strictly by faith through grace.  Not to mention the idolatry of Mary worship and praying to saints, etc.

When you self proclaimed christians get that all sorted out amongst yourselves, do let the rest of us know, k?

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, TreeBeard said:

If evolution fails to explain something, is that evidence for a god?  

The Bible assumes from the start that God is.  There is no need to provide "scientific" evidence according to some kind of formula.  The evidence for God is all around you in the creation. Only the blind claim they want evidence.

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The Bible assumes from the start that God is.  There is no need to provide "scientific" evidence according to some kind of formula.  The evidence for God is all around you in the creation. Only the blind claim they want evidence.

If evidence for a god is off the table, then how would we know which god is the right one?  By having such a standard, haven’t you relegated all gods to be equally as likely?