Time to Declare Endemic

18 hours ago, blackbird said:

I do not believe the measures taken by government to protect citizens against Covid are wrong.  I believe the authorities are acting in the interest of Canadians.  It is wrong to say they are "wicked leaders" when they are protecting the health and well-being of Canadians. 

Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix are just now giving a Covid-19 update.  The work is not done.

Dr. Henry is just going through the history of the battle against Covid, on Global TV, since it began in 2020 for each month.  Nobody could question the steps taken.  They were the best that were possible with the resources and knowledge available during the pandemic.  About 2,588 people died of Covid in B.C. during that time and the health care system has been stretched to the limit.  But thousands of lives have been saved and we are learning how to deal with it and 90% of the people have received their first shot. 

Dr. Henry is just reminding us how we need to wear our masks, stay home when sick, and we are looking forward to the time hopefully in the near future we can get back to doing more of the things we like to do.  She reminds us that Covid will be with us for some time.  It is not finished with us yet.  Next fall there will be transmission again.  She is hoping we will get to the point when we will not need extraordinary public health measures but everyone will take the measures we should as individuals.  She says the people of B.C. have followed the public health measures, made it safer for everybody, and our collective action has made a difference.  

I appreciated your post about Gawd. I know the "Gawd of creation" and I mostly agree with the prose you so eloquently presented. But this, my friend, is not correct.

There was a time, in the beginning of The Rona, that caution was warranted and panic could be understood. That time has past. 

We have learned from this bug. We know how to deal with it and we know it's weakening. "Follow the science!" It was perfect advice. Still is. Yet...while free science has shown us facts we didn't know in the beginning, the institutions and businesses have chosen to maintain the initial state of panic, by denying much of our scientific discoveries. 

Which leads me to ask...

'How does your God (my Gawd) feel about allowing fear to reign? '

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh Holy J. God! Am I dreaming? Have I waken up in an alternate reality? Is it parallel Universe connecting to my TV?

Experts are calling for alternative approaches because "this isn't sustainable". According to Ontario top doctor "we need to learn to live with Covid".

What just happened today? Is it the effect of one magical convoy, after two years of wise experts knowing best forever? Plus examples of countries like UK, Ireland and Sweden?

My, my what a day! Didn't expect to hear it said loudly in public for years to come.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, myata said:

Oh Holy J. God! Am I dreaming? Have I waken up in an alternate reality? Is it parallel Universe connecting to my TV?Experts are calling for alternative approaches because "this isn't sustainable". According to Ontario top doctor "we need to learn to live with Covid".

Pandemic experts knew almost from the beginning they and us would be in a race between containing COVID with public health measures and public and economic fatigue for those measures at the same time knowing they needed all the time they could get to develop a vaccine and treatments. Experts also crossed their fingers in hopes that COVID might evolve or mutate into less dangerous easier to manage variants.  

What just happened today? Is it the effect of one magical convoy, after two years of wise experts knowing best forever? Plus examples of countries like UK, Ireland and Sweden?

I think it's just a simple coincidence and a fair measure of good luck with regards to the speed with which a vaccine was developed and, fingers still crossed, COVID's apparent mutation into a more manageable form.

My, my what a day! Didn't expect to hear it said loudly in public for years to come.

It's been a real test of patience and faith alright, in science especially.  I'm thankful and I think we've gotten off lucky.

Edited by eyeball

39 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I think it's just a simple coincidence and a fair measure of good luck with regards to the speed with which a vaccine was developed and, fingers still crossed, COVID's apparent mutation into a more manageable form.

I think you would feel very comfortable in the 1984 world. All is going to the plan, daily truth to believe in, no need to remember or think and will never be. Wishes just may come true.

When the European explorers went to Africa to colonize the continent they laughed at how the natives had ridiculous superstituos rituals and other kind of mambojambo to keep the bad spirits away. 

Can we still laugh at them considering how unquestionably we follow our own rituals? 

54 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

When the European explorers went to Africa to colonize the continent they laughed at how the natives had ridiculous superstituos rituals and other kind of mambojambo to keep the bad spirits away. 

Can we still laugh at them considering how unquestionably we follow our own rituals? 

You’re right.  I used to really believe in our public’s courage and ability to think for themselves.  I still have hope, but I see a public that has become accustomed to being told what to do.  There’s a real sense of powerlessness and resignation.  Our governments should’ve encouraged us to take advantage of available protections but to continue to live normal lives.  Instead, normal freedoms are being construed as extremist or criminal.  It’s really sad.  Kids are the biggest victims here.

I remember after 9/11 there was a sense of civic duty to continue to live free lives and not let the terrorists destroy our way of life, yet a virus that now impacts most people like the flu has literally gutted our way of life — and that’s with one of the world’s most vaccinated populations.  What are we doing?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, -TSS- said:

European diseases killed 80% of American natives. Natural immunity didn't work worth a damn for them.

15 minutes ago, Aristides said:

European diseases killed 80% of American natives. Natural immunity didn't work worth a damn for them.

A large percentage of people everywhere died in childbirth and life expectancy was short.

If your point is that we should follow science, let’s look at that, because we can also look at what research has shown people will do when oppressed.  There’s more to life that illness and death from one disease, especially given all our protections, treatments, and mass vaccinations.

Nevertheless, you think that our basic rights and freedoms should continue to be trounced for this one cause.  Nope, it’s totally unjustified and people are finally saying, “enough.”

Don’t worry, endless boosts and masks for all who want them, but stuff your restrictions and mandates and creepy digital passport.  Leave the unvaccinated alone.  Let people live their lives.

Faith over fear.

Mandate freedom.  

15 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

A large percentage of people everywhere died in childbirth and life expectancy was short.

If your point is that we should follow science, let’s look at that, because we can also look at what research has shown people will do when oppressed.  There’s more to life that illness and death from one disease, especially given all our protections, treatments, and mass vaccinations.

Nevertheless, you think that our basic rights and freedoms should continue to be trounced for this one cause.  Nope, it’s totally unjustified and people are finally saying, “enough.”

Don’t worry, endless boosts and masks for all who want them, but stuff your restrictions and mandates and creepy digital passport.  Leave the unvaccinated alone.  Let people live their lives.

Faith over fear.

Mandate freedom.  

No, it's estimated that between 1492 and 1650 native populations declined as much as 90% 

The first Spaniards to reach the Caribbean islands found at least four distinct Indian cultures. Some recent estimates suggest that the pre-Columbian population of Hispaniola (modern Dominican Republic and Haiti) was close to 4 million. By 1508, fewer than 100,000 Indians remained. By 1570, almost all of the Caribbean Indians had disappeared, except for the Caribs in a fairly isolated area of the eastern Caribbean. A similar pattern occurred in Cuba, which was conquered in 1511.

A big driver of the African slave trade in Central and South America was the the fact European diseases had killed off most of the locals

Edited by Aristides

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

No, it's estimated that between 1492 and 1650 native populations declined as much as 90% 

A big driver of the African slave trade in Central and South America was the the fact European diseases had killed off most of the locals

Yes and plagues took a third of Europe.  Thankfully we have modern medicine.  Also thankfully we also have freedom and democracy, so that populations aren’t subjugated and slaves aren’t traded.  History has taught us to use science to serve humanity, not oppress it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes and plagues took a third of Europe.  Thankfully we have modern medicine.  Also thankfully we also have freedom and democracy, so that populations aren’t subjugated and slaves aren’t traded.  History has taught us to use science to serve humanity, not oppress it.  

great post.

It's becoming clearer and clearer, in country after country that there isn't enough difference between the jabbed and the unjabbed to warrant vax passports.  The jabbed are getting sicker and sicker, as the censored scientists said would happen and the trials showed would happen.

"We're all in this together."