Time to Declare Endemic

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

What did I just say? Yes she was quite sick and what kind of Ahole would bring someone into their home when they new they had Covid? For all he knew she might have a condition that put her in higher risk of severe disease.

Yes he was negligent, but people will be.  It’s like defensive driving.  We have to protect ourselves.  Good that she was vaccinated.  

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes he was negligent, but people will be.  It’s like defensive driving.  We have to protect ourselves.  Good that she was vaccinated.  

He should pay her the week's income she lost. She can only do so much to protect herself in a job like that. She does our  place every second week and called me to say she was infected. That responsibility goes both ways. She kept up her end with me, he didn't give a crap about her.

That's what pisses me off about anti maskers. It's the same mentality.

Edited by Aristides

From the Washington DC rally last weekend

(10) Facebook

17,000 American doctors and scientists sign to put an end to mandatory vaccination and for politicians to butt out of the doctor/patient trust.

"That's more than the NIH, more than the CDC, more than the FDA."

Edit:  You can see more of the speeches from the rally on Rumble.

Edited by Goddess

39 minutes ago, Aristides said:

He should pay her the week's income she lost. She can only do so much to protect herself in a job like that. She does our  place every second week and called me to say she was infected. That responsibility goes both ways. She kept up her end with me, he didn't give a crap about her.

That's what pisses me off about anti maskers. It's the same mentality.

Yes he was negligent, but people are going to catch Covid.  We can’t mask up forever.  She caught the illness and now has immunity that will last a few months.  The next time she catches Covid she may be asymptomatic or think it’s a mild 24 hour flu.   My point is, protect yourself and live your life.  We can’t live segregated masked lives. I mean those who want to do so should have that right, but individuals have many options to protect themselves.  Blanket restrictions are not the answer, certainly not anymore.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Some interesting quotes on ending mask and passport mandates (BBC). Mandatory masks are gone including in schools, immediately.

"We must learn to live with Covid in the same way we live with flu"

Looking ahead, Mr Johnson said the government would set out its long-term strategy for living with coronavirus.

Governments have no unlimited privileges to impose restrictions on citizens whenever they like and for however long they wants. All and any restriction must be necessary, accountable and proven to be effective.

This is also an important, even critical test for reason-based democratic governance. If the cases remain under control and no disaster ensues it would be difficult to deny that restrictive policies are unnecessary; not effective and are dragged out beyond reasonable and justifiable artificially, with no oversight or accountability.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Goddess said:

From the Washington DC rally last weekend

(10) Facebook

17,000 American doctors and scientists sign to put an end to mandatory vaccination and for politicians to butt out of the doctor/patient trust.

"That's more than the NIH, more than the CDC, more than the FDA."

Edit:  You can see more of the speeches from the rally on Rumble.

There are over 1,000,000 active doctors in the USA, so even if that's 17,000 signatures from active physicians, it's not really saying much, is it?  

When they say they have more signatures than the CDC, what is that even supposed to tell you?  Only half of the CDC even have advanced degrees and a far smaller percentage of them are actually doctors, so the fact that 17,000 is a much bigger number than a fairly small number is remarkable how, exactly?

Edited by Moonbox

14 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes he was negligent, but people are going to catch Covid.  We can’t mask up forever.  She caught the illness and now has immunity that will last a few months.  The next time she catches Covid she may be asymptomatic or think it’s a mild 24 hour flu.   My point is, protect yourself and live your life.  We can’t live segregated masked lives. I mean those who want to do so should have that right, but individuals have many options to protect themselves.  Blanket restrictions are not the answer, certainly not anymore.  

Ya, you can mask up. If she had some underlying condition the dumb fuck could have killed her. The anti mask bunch has the same, it's your problem mentality.

4 minutes ago, myata said:

Some interesting quotes on ending mask and passport mandates (BBC). Mandatory masks are gone including in schools, immediately.

"We must learn to live with Covid in the same way we live with flu"

Looking ahead, Mr Johnson said the government would set out its long-term strategy for living with coronavirus.

Governments have no unlimited privileges to impose restrictions on citizens whenever they like and for however long they wants. All and any restriction must be necessary, accountable and proven to be effective.

This is also an important, even critical test for reason-based democratic governance. If the cases remain under control and no disaster ensues it would be difficult to deny that restrictive policies are unnecessary; not effective and are dragged out beyond reasonable and justifiable artificially, with no oversight or accountability.

Johnson's long term strategy doesn't go past still having his job next week.

7 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Johnson's long term strategy doesn't go past still having his job next week.

I don't care much about his motives. What he does though will help us know the truth not some food-processed regurgitations of the party book. Here we'll have another decade in masks with all kinds of restrictions, out of abundance of. Easily. And why not, please find one reason.

14 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Ya, you can mask up. If she had some underlying condition the dumb fuck could have killed her. The anti mask bunch has the same, it's your problem mentality.

If she was vaccinated her risk of serious illness was low.  She was fine.  Again she can mask up to her heart’s content.  She was sick for a week.  People get sick.  

Just now, myata said:

I don't care much about his motives. What he does though will help us know the truth not some food-processed regurgitations of the party book. Here we'll have another decade in masks with all kinds of restrictions, out of abundance of. Easily. And why not, please find one reason.

It might, fortunately he is just gambling with the lives of Brits.

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

If she was vaccinated her risk of serious illness was low.  She was fine.  Again she can mask up to her heart’s content.  She was sick for a week.  People get sick.  

She is healthy and in her late thirties I would guess, maybe early fourties. She was quite sick and lost a weeks income because of this dick but you obviously think it was all her fault.

Edited by Aristides

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

She is healthy and in her late thirties I would guess, maybe early fourties. She was quite sick and lost a weeks income because of this dick but you obviously think it was all her fault.

No I don’t.  He should have told her not to come because he needs to stay home alone until he’s no longer contagious, clearly.  We’d expect the same of anyone with a contagious illness.  When I was sick pre-pandemic I didn’t visit people or have guests.  That’s basic decency.  

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

No I don’t.  He should have told her not to come because he needs to stay home alone until he’s no longer contagious, clearly.  We’d expect the same of anyone with a contagious illness.  When I was sick pre-pandemic I didn’t visit people or have guests.  That’s basic decency.  

He may have been staying at home, he had an obligation to tell her before she came to his place. I asked her if she had been back and she said no. 

It's the if I infect you it's your problem anti mask mentality.

36 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

There are over 1,000,000 active doctors in the USA, so even if that's 17,000 signatures from active physicians, it's not really saying much, is it?  

You guys sure make a lot of assumptions.

You assume only 17,000 are dissenting.  They are just the ones willing to put their career on the line to say so.

You assume since 90% of Canadians are jabbed, that 90% of Canadians agree with vax passports and restrictions and forced injections.

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

You guys sure make a lot of assumptions.

You assume only 17,000 are dissenting.  They are just the ones willing to put their career on the line to say so.

Most of them aren't putting anything on the line in the USA.  Most of those doctors are probably from states that are mostly/fully open anyways.  

Regardless, the assumptions you make with this data are that these doctors' opinions are anything other than hardline appeals to freeeeedom.  

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

You assume since 90% of Canadians are jabbed, that 90% of Canadians agree with vax passports and restrictions and forced injections.

No I don't, I assume it's more like 75-80% (which is what the polling is telling us), and that the difference between that and the 90% are the 10% who got the vaccine because of the mandates.  

28 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It might, fortunately he is just gambling with the lives of Brits.

No this is not gambling. It is practical and realistic policy. One cannot make up problems where they don't exist. This just isn't how it works in a responsible democratic society. Lockdowns and masks "out of abundance of caution" and "for as long as necessary" just because we think and can is though.

22 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It's the if I infect you it's your problem anti mask mentality.

That’s an oversimplification.  Being against mask mandates is about recognizing that there are other costs to being required to wear masks all day, including mental health problems.  Students, especially recent immigrants learning ESL, have a hard time understanding teachers and classmates when they can’t see lips and expressions.  People have a hard time hearing one another and connecting socially when in masks.  It’s also harder to breathe, especially using the N95’s.  It’s manageable in certain short-term. situations.  According to your high threshold for acceptable risk we should all remain masked as long as Covid exists (probably forever), even though people have access to multiple vaccinations and can choose to mask up themselves with multi-layers and N95’s.

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

From BCCDC site

Heres' something I noticed from the BC  site:

Percentage of vaccinated people needing covid hospital care:

Dec. 17 - 28.4%

Dec. 22 - 29.5%

Dec.30 - 43.3%

Jan. 3 - 48.6%

Jan. 9 - 64.4%

Jan. 13 - 65.4%

Jan. 15 - 66.4%

Jan. 18 - 67.7%

Jan. 19 - 68.2%

Jan. 20 - 69%

12 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That’s an oversimplification.  Being against mask mandates is about recognizing that there are other costs to being required to wear masks all day, including mental health problems.  Students, especially recent immigrants learning ESL, have a hard time understanding teachers and classmates when they can’t see lips and expressions.  People have a hard time hearing one another and connecting socially when in masks.  It’s also harder to breathe, especially using the N95’s.  It’s manageable in certain short-term. situations.  According to your high threshold for acceptable risk we should all remain masked as long as Covid exists (probably forever), even though people have access to multiple vaccinations and can choose to mask up themselves with multi-layers and N95’s.

Not when it comes to the anti mask terrorists who go out of their way to terrorize business and tell others to take off their masks.  Some of those concerns are valid. My hearing isn't the greatest so I don't like masks either because I've realized lip reading is part of what I do. I just have to ask people to speak up. It isn't really harder to breath, most people should have adapted by now. Many occupations require masking for their whole shifts for reasons that have nothing to do with Covid.

I assume masking will be part of life until this thing actually does become endemic, not just when we wish it to be. Soon I hope,  I will cheer as loud as anyone when we can finally get rid of them. 

Why should some have to multi layer and N95 mask just so you don't have to? 

7 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Heres' something I noticed from the BC  site:

Percentage of vaccinated people needing covid hospital care:

Dec. 17 - 28.4%

Dec. 22 - 29.5%

Dec.30 - 43.3%

Jan. 3 - 48.6%

Jan. 9 - 64.4%

Jan. 13 - 65.4%

Jan. 15 - 66.4%

Jan. 18 - 67.7%

Jan. 19 - 68.2%

Jan. 20 - 69%

The percentage is climbing but they also represent over 80% of the population.

The unvaccinated also make up a disproportionally larger number in critical care.

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

The percentage is climbing but they also represent over 80% of the population.

Yes, we all know that.

Why are more and more vaccinated people needing covid hospital care?

They are vaccinated, yes?

Even calculating in the supposed 91-96% efficacy of the vaccines, that would mean that there should only be about 8% at the most.