Time to Declare Endemic

How many PhDs are needed to prove that Covid is just like smallpox? If 100 (selected by hand) PhD told you that they proved it - would you have believe it?

The next logical step is, why are the authorities under the guidance of exsperts are acting as though Covid is just like or same as smallpox? This is no exaggeration or stretch, just look around.

One can accept blindly whatever someone claiming to be expert says, without questioning or checking if and how it agrees with the reality. Yes we have proud episodes, take Dr. Charles Smith (1982 - 2003), psychiatric torture hospital, residential schools and probably more.

Or one can check every statement against common sense, observations and facts. One can do either but I can't see how both can happen at the same time. Pick yours.

8 minutes ago, myata said:

How many PhDs are needed to prove that Covid is just like smallpox? If 100 (selected by hand) PhD told you that they proved it - would you have believe it?

They're both viruses...in the way that giraffes and humans are both mammals.

The next logical step is, why are the authorities under the guidance of exsperts are acting as though Covid is just like or same as smallpox? This is no exaggeration or stretch, just look around.

Very very few people are under this delusion. Too many however are under the impression that even if Covid isn't smallpox it's still just the flu.

Or one can check every statement against common sense, observations and facts. One can do either but I can't see how both can happen at the same time.

It happens all the time, this is no exaggeration or stretch, just look around.

41 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Very very few people are under this delusion.

Thanks for a great illustration of the point. Yes one can look at the diseases, then at the measures used and notice nothing wrong. Nope, can't see anything. Four or how many already now? total shutdowns to prevent spread of a flu-like, in the large majority of population (under 30: practical 0%; under 60: less than 0.1%; flu, all ages: ~ 0.1% reference reference) disease. No, nothing wrong here, all is fine not to worry!

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

They're both viruses...in the way that giraffes and humans are both mammals.

Very very few people are under this delusion. Too many however are under the impression that even if Covid isn't smallpox it's still just the flu.

It happens all the time, this is no exaggeration or stretch, just look around.

It’s the flu for 99.8% of Canadians.

F001ACB8-CC9E-49BF-9016-A09E7E1EB532.png

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

A: 31530 is more than 0.2% of 2,366,673

As all good Covid deniers know, there is nothing between the flu and death. It is one or the other.

For all we know there was double that number of Covid cases in Canada.  How many people who were asymptomatic or had mild cases went undiagnosed?  Hell, they can’t even test everyone who’s symptomatic right now.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

6 hours ago, Goddess said:

Would you have agreed with their conclusion if they had studied the 35 papers and concluded that lockdowns were wonderful?

I would have said the same thing - that the article was a loud opinion followed by an info-dump they knew nobody would read, and that these clowns aren't the ones to listen to on this subject.  

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

A: 31530 is more than 0.2% of 2,366,673

It would help to learn thinking of what one sees (and hears; and reads). That was the number of cases, not Canadians.

In a bad flu year there were some 50,000 estimated fatal complications with the number of reported cases around 10 million in the USA, a very close factor to Covid (not smallpox! with 40%-60%)

Edited by myata

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

What you think being progressive means or is doesn't surprise me a bit.

What "progressive" means is rendered moot by the fact that one of the key factors identifying those, identifying themselves as progressive is the consistent perversion of definitions. For example we use to think if we got a "vaccine" it meant we wouldn't transmit the disease. Now the definition has been all progged up to mean a shot that decreases the severity of symptoms.

By the more classic definition there's nothing "progressive" about Progs. In fact classic liberals have been known to refer to you guys as the "regressive" left.

Now as to this new found affection you have for libertarians wasn't it just a few pages back you were posting an opinion as fact from one of your Proggy "factcheckers" claiming their libertarian bias rendered the archive of scientific and medical information at the American Institute of Economic Research useless (if not evil.) I believe Moonbox insinuated the fact they were Libertarian rendered anything on the site "Garbage."

Progs aren't stupid and they don't want the government on your back any more than they want it on their own.  Where on earth did you get the notion they did?  I mean, put yourself in their shoes. 

When Progs tell us they're going going to "Build Back Better" they hope we won't notice the kind of restrictions necessary to dismantle the structure of a freedom seeking society to create this promised utopian future.

But Equity means controlling others to decide who can have or do what. Equality of outcome over equality of opportunity means you're no longer free to pursue happiness. Some other body will decide when you're happy and how you get there. That's what progdom is about. Equity and Equality of outcome which if you clean away the BS means control.

Edited by Infidel Dog

3 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

What "progressive" means is rendered moot by the fact that one of the key factors identifying those, identifying themselves as progressive is the consistent perversion of definitions.

Hold that thought...

Now as to this new found affection you have for libertarians wasn't it just a few pages back you were posting an opinion as fact from one of your Proggy "factcheckers" claiming their libertarian bias* rendered the archive of scientific and medical information at the American Institute of Economic Research useless (if not evil.)

No. The fact checker rendered your source useless because it publishes misinformation, especially with regards to COVID.

This is three times now (see * above and below) you've ignored their conclusion and redefined it. Your persistence is so perverted it's actually disgusting to see someone debase themselves so graphically.

On 1/16/2022 at 10:52 PM, Infidel Dog said:

at it's core was Eyeball believes if he can google and find somebody from the left to discredit a general website on the grounds it's from the right*

See how that conversation wanders away from the actual topic though? See who's actually initiating the evasion from the premise.

Yes its patently clear it's you.

On 1/17/2022 at 8:27 AM, Infidel Dog said:

Citing a leftist source that expresses an opinion they don't like a right wing source* is nonsense.

They simply identify whether a source is left or right, where on the spectrum it is and the degree to which it demonstrates bias i.e. the use of loaded terms - but it's the accuracy and factualness of its information that determines its actual  trustworthiness and credibility.

On 1/17/2022 at 8:38 AM, Infidel Dog said:

Mediabiasfactcheck expresses an opinion on whether sites skew left or right. My opinion is their opinion too often skews left. Their language doesn't just suggest right wing thought is present. It tells you there's something wrong with that. They have less of a problem with a site that skews left.

Prove that they don't skewer left wing sources that are just as incredible and untrustworthy as your's.

And when undeniable facts are cited as evidence within a piece, a prog's opinion on the site where it's found is just piss in the wind.

You piss on your own pancakes the way Waste Can Man shoots himself in a barrel.

Edited by eyeball

5 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

For all we know there was double that number of Covid cases in Canada.  How many people who were asymptomatic or had mild cases went undiagnosed?  Hell, they can’t even test everyone who’s symptomatic right now.  

For all we know there were more deaths as well.

34 minutes ago, Aristides said:

For all we know there were more deaths as well.

Doubtful because it’s come out that many deaths attributed to Covid had other primary causes.  In many cases Covid worsened sickness but in some cases the impacts from Covid were mild.    Now with Omicron it’s very common for a patient to be admitted to hospital for non-Covid reasons but Omicron is discovered through testing and its impact is low.  

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Hold that thought...

No. The fact checker rendered your source useless because it publishes misinformation, especially with regards to COVID.

This is three times now (see * above and below) you've ignored their conclusion and redefined it. Your persistence is so perverted it's actually disgusting to see someone debase themselves so graphically.

That's another problem I have with Progs. They don't seem to think I know how to use the internet:

Here's what the Prog at mediabiasfact check said:

• These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation.
  •  
  • Overall, we rate The American Institute for Economic Research Right-Center biased based on Libertarian-leaning economic policy and Mixed for factual reporting due to the publication of misinformation related to Coronavirus.

I redefined nothing. You did though. Not unsurprisingly. They rendered nothing useless.

They called the credibility mixed. They put AIER in a category they  find generally trustworthy but don't like the way they use language. Fair enough. I have problems with the way they use language. I already gave you an example of that.

They say they go mixed rather than outright factual because they disagree due to what they call "misinformation related to Coronavirus."

This "misinformation" turns out to be the much debated idea of whether or not there is asymptomatic spread. Both sides offer studies to support their argument. 

So what you have there is an opinion. They have an opinion. I have an opinion. And that's exactly what I said. I redefined nothing. I called a spade a spade.

BTW did you know they use the very biased and often questionable if not at times outright wrong, Snopes for their fact checks?

Edited by Infidel Dog

After the initial chaotic phase of the pandemic, now the numbers indicate quite clearly that other than in specific groups of population with higher risk of severe complications, and in countries with effective public health systems Covid places much closer to flu and common cold than to smallpox.

And that fact brings about a question: how does extraordinary, unprecedented restrictions, infringements on individual freedoms, unaccountable and uncheck arbitrary population management as opposed to effective and efficient disease management continue to be justified and prolonged into indefinite future?

I don't have an answer, but how as a sound democratic society can we hope to obtain one? Do we have any means and instruments to produce a sound, reasonable answer?

Interesting that in addition to Uttar Pradesh, the Mexican and El Salvadorian governments also provide FREE at-home covid care and prevention kits to their citizens.  They contain (with a few variations) Vit.C, Vit.D, Zinc, acetaminophen (for pain), aspirin (for clotting) and Ivermectin and have written instructions for dosing.

Kind of feel like we are the third world country now.

india.jpg

mexico.jpg

elsal.jpg

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I know you're trying to sound even-handed and thoughtful with this post myata, but what you're lamely trying to present as honest questions are very obviously little more than a ranting set of accusations.  

Not at all.  You’re the apologist for government overreach.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Interesting that in addition to Uttar Pradesh, the Mexican and El Salvadorian governments also provide FREE at-home covid care and prevention kits to their citizens.  They contain (with a few variations) Vit.C, Vit.D, Zinc, acetaminophen (for pain), aspirin (for clotting) and Ivermectin and have written instructions for dosing.

india.jpg

mexico.jpg

elsal.jpg

Whole countries using the useless and dangerous Ivermectin, how can it be? It's hard to believe anything the authorities say when it can be demonstrated they are liars. I'm talking about the government and their press whores.

No one is thinking or waiting for the facts, and the majority of Canadians stupidly follow along with a mere sound bite. Just like the farm animals we are.

Don't expect this shit to go away anytime soon. It has inertia, big money and public support (the dunderheads). It's part of a new vision for Canada.

21 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Whole countries using the useless and dangerous Ivermectin, how can it be? It's hard to believe anything the authorities say when it can be demonstrated they are liars. I'm talking about the government and their press whores.

No one is thinking or waiting for the facts, and the majority of Canadians stupidly follow along with a mere sound bite. Just like the farm animals we are.

Don't expect this shit to go away anytime soon. It has inertia, big money and public support (the dunderheads). It's part of a new vision for Canada.

You’re so right.  Inertia, ignorant, and a population inured to waiting for instructions means we’ll wait for our government to decide how much freedom we can handle, but they’re waiting on our international government to direct them.  Super efficient and not at all influenced by China or dictators.  Sarcasm.  

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Right. Pick the easier of the two: a) providing real help, working effective solutions to the society; b) writing (useless and ineffective, as evidenced by anything around you) policies, orders, restrictions and shutdowns and performing on media channels.

And then, if for decades you've done little else with salaries, benefits and promotions coming on a clock? A no-brainer, no?

Edited by myata

13 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

That's another problem I have with Progs. They don't seem to think I know how to use the internet:

Here's what the Prog at mediabiasfact check said:

I redefined nothing. You did though. Not unsurprisingly. They rendered nothing useless.

Three times you've said they gave your source a thumbs down because the source is right-wing. It's now 4 times that you've refused to acknowledge it was because of the misinformation the American Institute for Economic Research publishes, especially as it relates to Coronovirus.

So what you have there is an opinion. They have an opinion. I have an opinion. And that's exactly what I said. I redefined nothing. I called a spade a spade.

You called misinformation a left-wing bias. Over and over and over again.

BTW did you know they use the very biased and often questionable if not at times outright wrong, Snopes for their fact checks?

That looks like an opinion and I'm increasingly certain that fact-checking in general is kryptonite to you.  You've rendered yourself useless as far as being a source of anything useful be it opinion or fact.

Edited by eyeball