Why does Canada allow itself to be influenced and propagandized by Communist China?

2 hours ago, Faramir said:

1. Yes the nation and its people are MORE left wing. 

2. The new left though is obsessed with climate politics, hates Russia but loves Chinese sweatshops, and want to push their "moral" agenda into the homes of all Canadians.  

1. You just posted evidence to the contrary.

3. No this stuff is made-up to be 'left' after the left lost.  See Thatcher's speech about Climate Change...

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. You just posted evidence to the contrary.

3. No this stuff is made-up to be 'left' after the left lost.  See Thatcher's speech about Climate Change...

no the left moved the goalposts

some people noticed and others have their head in the sand

the existence of leftists who use the same goalposts, doesn't negate that fact

the old left are the fringe now

the new left are the majority now

you're just stuck in the past maan

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada is heavily influenced now by the Chinese totalitarian approach, which is why Canada’s response to the “5th wave” is among the harshest in the world.  No land of the free here.

https://apple.news/At7G6CYNTSry-sAycZE0hCA

The "government tactics to address a pandemic equals Communism" narrative is not only retarded, but it only appeals to the small percentage of antivax people out there.  Try again.  

On second thought, don't.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

The "government tactics to address a pandemic equals Communism" narrative is not only retarded, but it only appeals to the small percentage of antivax people out there.  Try again.  

On second thought, don't.

I’m not antivax.  Nice try.  Canada’s current pandemic approach is most certainly totalitarian.  Read the comparison to other jurisdictions.  We have chosen shut-downs and restrictions instead of respecting people’s judgment to handle a manageable health risk.  I’d say though that you’re right, most Canadians don’t realize how much they’ve compromised.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

Why does Canada allow itself to be influenced and propagandized by Communist China?

This is a silly question based on a fallacy. If it was the United States rather than China, you might have an argument.

Why has China become such a boogy man? While it is a nasty totalitarian dictatorship, it isn't communist any more and it is not as bad as it was in the days of Mao Tse Tung, or the Imperial era. Why create enemies?

I will not speculate that the question is an effort at trolling, because I don't believe Z is a troll. But in an alternate universe, if it were, it is a damn fine success. Well done Z.  ?

Edited by Queenmandy85

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

1. I’m not antivax.  Nice try.  Canada’s current pandemic approach is most certainly totalitarian.  Read the comparison to other jurisdictions.  
2. We have chosen shut-downs and restrictions instead of ...
3. respecting people’s judgment to handle a manageable health risk.  
4. I’d say though that you’re right, most Canadians don’t realize how much they’ve compromised.  

1. I'm REALLY bad at differentiating people who are personally against vaccinated versus those who say we are 'totalitarian' and similar hyperbole.  Sorry if you are offended but I am unlikely to remember to correct myself in the future.  I know there are other jurisdictions with heavier responses....
2. We send kids back to school and open stadiums and big box stores as soon as we can.
3. Well, I don't even know if I respect your judgment so why would I respect the average person to act responsibly ?
4. There's a guy who was very vocal about the restrictions, and he ran a brewery in my hometown.  Very vocal online.  Oh... I say RAN because the brewery is shut down from Covid.  Also the guy died.  Of Covid.  Pretty young.

29 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I'm REALLY bad at differentiating people who are personally against vaccinated versus those who say we are 'totalitarian' and similar hyperbole.  Sorry if you are offended but I am unlikely to remember to correct myself in the future.  I know there are other jurisdictions with heavier responses....
2. We send kids back to school and open stadiums and big box stores as soon as we can.
3. Well, I don't even know if I respect your judgment so why would I respect the average person to act responsibly ?
4. There's a guy who was very vocal about the restrictions, and he ran a brewery in my hometown.  Very vocal online.  Oh... I say RAN because the brewery is shut down from Covid.  Also the guy died.  Of Covid.  Pretty young.

Omicron or Delta?  Vaccinated or unvaccinated?

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Omicron or Delta?  Vaccinated or unvaccinated?

This is the problem.  People are acting as though nothing has changed since the start of the pandemic.  Now we have an almost fully vaccinated population in Canada and a milder dominant variant that almost everyone gets over in a week.  

17 hours ago, eyeball said:

I haven't got a clue what you're babbling about. I loathed China's dictatorship and how corporate globalism facilitated the establishment of sweatshops 20 years ago anywhere they were established and spoke out loudly against anyone who thought otherwise.  These in turn, some of them on this forum to this day in fact, routinely identified me as a communist who carries water for dictators, compared me to mass murderer Pol Pot, and had a merry old time laughing at my naivete about how the world worked.

The more you clowns change the more you stay the same.

So are you STILL against prison labour used by the Chi Coms?  Do you think we need to end trade with China to stop their evil agenda?

13 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

no the left moved the goalposts

some people noticed and others have their head in the sand

the existence of leftists who use the same goalposts, doesn't negate that fact

the old left are the fringe now

the new left are the majority now

you're just stuck in the past maan

Exactly is both the left and corporate shills for China.  Nixon sold us out.   That is why you never hear a negative word about China in the US Congress or among the Liberal Party.  They are shills for China.  Especially Xiden and his son Hunter.

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

This is a silly question based on a fallacy. If it was the United States rather than China, you might have an argument.

Why has China become such a boogy man? While it is a nasty totalitarian dictatorship, it isn't communist any more and it is not as bad as it was in the days of Mao Tse Tung, or the Imperial era. Why create enemies?

I will not speculate that the question is an effort at trolling, because I don't believe Z is a troll. But in an alternate universe, if it were, it is a damn fine success. Well done Z.  ?

they use prison labour.  They harvest organs from political enemies.  They have a sweet trade deal that has gutted our manufacturing.  They are our main geopolitical enemy.  It is still communist politically.  

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Follow up question.  Which is the greatest threat to the USA and Canada.  Russia or China?  I am guessing you will pick Russia because Hilary gave orders to her leftist squadron to hate Russia in 2016.

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I'm vaccinated

I was talking about the brewmaster.  There’s a difference between an unvaccinated person getting Delta and a vaccinated person getting Omicron.  How old was he?  How fat?  Any other ailments?   Every person is different.  Restrictions don’t take that into account.   Blunt instruments are perhaps appropriate for blunt-brained populations.   Why give freedom of decision making to regular people, right?   Our government knows how much freedom we deserve and how we should live.  Don’t worry, Justin loves you.  

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

1. I was talking about the brewmaster.   
2. Don’t worry, Justin loves you.  

1. Unvaccinated guy in his 50s I think.  Don't know which brand of Covid killed him.
2. Hilarious admission of your misfiring synapses "anybody who disagrees with me loves Justin" I'm sad that you are on this board and that you get to vote.  

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Thats pretty harsh, even for you Michael, Damn 

I'm sorry - really I am.

I just find it so strange when I question anything I see - including things I agree with - and I find intelligent people (and yes you are all intelligent on here, no dummies) INTELLIGENT people succumbing to lazy lazy thinking.

People aren't stupid they are just lazy.  They don't examine their premises, or ever assume they're wrong.  I enjoy being wrong because it means I am improving my knowledge.

So I sincerely apologize for being snippy from time to time...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Unvaccinated guy in his 50s I think.  Don't know which brand of Covid killed him.
2. Hilarious admission of your misfiring synapses "anybody who disagrees with me loves Justin" I'm sad that you are on this board and that you get to vote.  

You don’t appreciate rhetorical devices or comedy.   My whole point is that you place too much faith in and onus on government to take care of you.  It’s a relinquishing of personal responsibility.  I think I touched a nerve because it’s clear that we’ve lapsed into a mindless reliance on authority to direct our behaviour.  Why the hell should an adult accept being told they can’t dine out or see more than five friends or go to a theatre?  He or she has the passport you made them carry as proof of vaccination (enough of an affront that this is required) and even wears the mask as required indoors.  In Florida my freedom and judgment are respected.  I can get vaccinated as needed, wear a mask as needed to protect myself, and I can move freely in and out of my country.  Freedom is substandard in Canada. 

5 hours ago, Faramir said:

Exactly is both the left and corporate shills for China.  Nixon sold us out.   That is why you never hear a negative word about China in the US Congress or among the Liberal Party.  They are shills for China.  Especially Xiden and his son Hunter.

Nixon won the Cold War

it was others who sold out to China after the Cold War

not Nixon

Edited by Yzermandius19