Why does Canada allow itself to be influenced and propagandized by Communist China?

17 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

nope

the religions prior were quite barbaric in comparison to today

And I bet there were Neanderthals who would regard some of our's as monsterous. It's all in the eye of the beholder and human species have been just as capable at beholding as anyone else for hundreds of thousands of years.

36 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

google it captain google

This is the first I've heard about the term. One website says it refers to the period 300 to 500 B.C.  Another writer says it refers to the 1,000 year millennium from 1,000 B.C. to 0 B.C.   Will read a little more about it. The Bible goes further back than 1,000 B.C.  The Bible begins with the account of creation which is believed to be about 6,000 years ago or 4,000 B.C.  Then there was the period before Noah's flood which was believed to have occurred 2,348 B.C.  The call of Abraham was in 1921 B.C. or 3900 years ago exactly. So the point I am making is Biblical history goes back over 4,000 years ago and it is all related to Christianity. 

Edited by blackbird

10 minutes ago, eyeball said:

And I bet there were Neanderthals who would regard some of our's as monsterous. It's all in the eye of the beholder and human species have been just as capable at beholding as anyone else for hundreds of thousands of years

If you believe man evolved from apes and monkeys.   Bible scholars say the earth was possibly 6,000 years old.  Go to creation.com and read some of the articles.

Edited by blackbird

Just now, blackbird said:

And I bet there were Neanderthals who would regard some of our's as monsterous. It's all in the eye of the beholder and human species have been just as capable at beholding as anyone else for hundreds of thousands of years.

If you believe man evolved from monkeys or apes, which has been debunked.  Go to creation.com

34 minutes ago, eyeball said:

nope

morality is not purely subjective

whether the Neanderthals agree or not is neither here nor there

obvious upgrade is obvious

someone viewing something immoral as moral doesn't make it moral

Edited by Yzermandius19

26 minutes ago, blackbird said:

This is the first I've heard about the term. One website says it refers to the period 300 to 500 B.C.  Another writer says it refers to the 1,000 year millennium from 1,000 B.C. to 0 B.C.   Will read a little more about it. The Bible goes further back than 1,000 B.C.  The Bible begins with the account of creation which is believed to be about 6,000 years ago or 4,000 B.C.  Then there was the period before Noah's flood which was believed to have occurred 2,348 B.C.  The call of Abraham was in 1921 B.C. or 3900 years ago exactly. So the point I am making is Biblical history goes back over 4,000 years ago and it is all related to Christianity. 

The Old Testament is Jewish

the Jews were a big moral upgrade on the religions that came before

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

nope

yup

morality is not purely subjective

nor is it purely objective

whether the Neanderthals agree or not is neither here nor there

You can be quite certain many of them would feel the same way for the same reason.

obvious upgrade is obvious

The downgrades often stand out even more.

7 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I look at the level of morality in pre-axial religious societies and see it a cut below the level of morality after the axial religions come along

the pagans were clearly far less moral than Christians for instance

the historical record shows a major moral leap forward beginning in the axial age

Ah OK found it now.

You still actually didn't answer the question there.  I asked you what you found that was a lower level of morality and you simply reiterated that it was lower without saying what it was that was actually lower.

I think it would be worth it to you to read Jaspers' work.

Edited by G Huxley

Just now, G Huxley said:

Ah OK found it now.

You still actually didn't answer the question there.  I asked you what you found that was a lower level of morality and you simply reiterated that it was lower without saying what it was that was actually lower.

I mentioned human sacrifice being commonplace prior

that is one of many examples

27 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The Old Testament is Jewish

the Jews were a big moral upgrade on the religions that came before

The Old Testament is also part of the Bible which is embraced by Christians as an important part of the whole Bible.  What happened during the Old Testament period is very relative to believers today.  Christ was a Jew and descended from King David and before that from Abraham, the father of Israel.  The Old Testament are Holy Scriptures and were given to mankind through Old Testament prophets who were the Jews as part of the nation of Israel. There is much important information in the Old Testament for believers today.