Salvation Army Has Gone Woke!

The Salvation Army recently defended an internal racism guide that discouraged "colorblindness" and encouraged staff members to "apologize for being white" after the guide faced backlash.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/salvation-army-defends-guide-telling-white-people-to-apologize-for-racism/ar-AARcWLq

Goodbye, Salvation Army. 

Let's talk again after you ask Israelites to apologise for being Israelites.....after all, if there is an atrocity unmatched, it would be the lynching of the Son of God.  That's how it should be......IF............IF,  I follow your irrational thought.

Furthermore, duh?  Why apologise for being white?   Aren't all race created by God?

You apologise when you've done something wrong.  There is nothing to apologise for having been born white.  Who ever came up with that stupid idea?

If you got any beef about the white race - take your complaint to God.   Ask HIM to apologise! 

My.....aren't you making your own unbiblical stipulations!

Salvation Army has gone political.  And, has lost its way.

Edited by betsy

How inspired by the devil does one have to be to misrepresent the words "“lament, repent and apologize for biases or racist ideologies held and actions committed”  as "apologize for being white"? That is directly equating having biased and racist ideologies as "being white". You're putting racist words in their mouths and spreading anti-white stereotypes. All to sow division between races in your community.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

How inspired by the devil does one have to be to misrepresent the words "“lament, repent and apologize for biases or racist ideologies held and actions committed”  as "apologize for being white"? That is directly equating having biased and racist ideologies as "being white". You're putting racist words in their mouths and spreading anti-white stereotypes. All to sow division between races in your community.

Did you copy and past somebody else’s words?  Regardless, there’s nothing non Christian about donating to other Christian groups instead of one that calls you racist because of your skin colour.  I get a warm feeling watching their woke struggles now.  It serves them right.

Yes, I copied and pasted the quote and put it in quotation marks and put it next to Betsy's false-witness quote for comparison. This is how accurate quotation works. You don't just make up shit and say someone else said it.

Speaking of which,  no one has called anyone racist because of their skin colour. I proved that with my quotation. Quit lying. It makes you look stupid and immoral.

Edited by BubberMiley

3 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

The division is being done and fostered by advocates of Critical Race Theory.

You should sit down and reflect on it. 

"I am not going to fall for the CRT “Kafka trap” that my protestations are actually evidence of my racism, and neither should you. There is a massive number of academics—black and white, Christian and non-Christian, atheist and theist—who have raised the alarm against the aggressive indoctrination and, frankly, bullying of CRT—not to mention the racial essentialism inherent in the view, the false witness it bears against virtuous people, and the general destruction it continues to wreak on race relations in this country. CRT has set us back 50 years," his letter writes in part.

Koukl makes other points clear, such as how he does acknowledge there is racism, but that CRT is not the way to go about it. "To be clear, I am not claiming there is no racism to be dealt with or are no racist Christians who need to repent. What I am saying is that critical race theory is not an accurate characterization of contemporary racial dynamics in America (as many have argued). Therefore, since its analysis is faulty, it offers a faulty solution, one that creates a whole set of new racial tensions and provides no productive resolution to them," he writes later in the letter.

The letter also closes by inviting people to come to their own decision on whether or not to donate. "I spoke at length about this turn on my radio show this week, inviting my audience to read your material for themselves and make their own judgments. I told them, though, that as for me, I was redirecting my giving elsewhere. I am not “cancelling” you, as many in the CRT movement would gladly do to me. Rather, I am carefully investing my resources in organizations that I fully trust will serve Christ in truth and only in truth, and I no longer trust The Salvation Army to do that," Koukl also writes.

While the preamble to the teaching document claims that it "is a voluntary discussion guide," Mayberry also wrote that training took place "in matters of racial equity in a compulsory manner in January" and that the "agenda for the Territorial Virtual Officers' Councils on Racial Equity workshop mirrored the "Let's Talk About Racism" resource put out by the Commission and was required of current officers."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccadowns/2021/11/27/the-salvation-army-has-gone-woke-too-now-and-theyre-losing-support-n2599728

Edited by betsy

9 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

You edited the quote to change it's meaning. What a slimy, disgusting thing to do.

The part of the quote that you cited went like this:

The guide, "Let's Talk About Racism," created by the Salvation Army International Social Justice Commission and released earlier this year, recommended white people within the charitable organization “lament, repent and apologize for biases or racist ideologies held and actions committed.” It also told people to stop being "color blind" because it would allegedly ignore the things that God intended to be different among cultures.

The OP was 100% correct, you just edited the Salvation Army's quote, Schumer-style, to create your own lying narrative.

They 100% did insinuate that all white people people need to apologize for racism and that no one else does. It's as plain as day. FWIW, MSN also had the exact same take on it. Only you and @Michael Hardner  are into your little lie. 

#tenthousandreasonstohateleftists

• Like 2

I edited nothing. I copied the quote directly. No where did it say they should apologize for "being white", as Betsy misquoted. I'm sorry if your reading comprehension is bad or you don't know how quotes work.

The Salvation Army agrees with me that you people are liars who bear false witness, making the following statement:

The group also denied suggesting the U.S. is inherently racist and said it did not tell people to apologize for "being white."

"Those claims are false, and they distort the very goal of our work," the Salvation Army wrote in the statement. "

48 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

I edited nothing. I copied the quote directly. No where did it say they should apologize for "being white", as Betsy misquoted. I'm sorry if your reading comprehension is bad or you don't know how quotes work.

The Salvation Army agrees with me that you people are liars who bear false witness, making the following statement:

The group also denied suggesting the U.S. is inherently racist and said it did not tell people to apologize for "being white."

"Those claims are false, and they distort the very goal of our work," the Salvation Army wrote in the statement. "

You go caught red-handed lying again Bub.

You actually EDITED the MSN quote 100%. I don't have access to the "Let's Talk Racism Guide" because my browser says "access denied" when I follow the link, so I don't know if MSN misquoted them, but you 100% misquoted MSN. 

Edit: Verb

prepare (written material) for publication by correcting, condensing, or otherwise modifying it.

You took their words and modified them in a way which completely changed their meaning.

The original:

recommended white people within the charitable organization “lament, repent and apologize for biases or racist ideologies held and actions committed.” 

Your version:

How inspired by the devil does one have to be to misrepresent the words "“lament, repent and apologize for biases or racist ideologies held and actions committed”  as "apologize for being white"?

By removing the part at the beginning of the sentence that specifically referenced 'white people' you changed the meaning to be generic, instead of racist.

The part that we're quoting is from MSN, so if you want to go through the guide 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

You go caught red-handed lying again Bub.

You actually EDITED the MSN quote 100%. I don't have access to the "Let's Talk Racism Guide" because my browser says "access denied" when I follow the link, so I don't know if MSN misquoted them, but you 100% misquoted MSN. 

Edit: Verb

You took their words and modified them in a way which completely changed their meaning.

The original:

Your version:

By removing the part at the beginning of the sentence that specifically referenced 'white people' you changed the meaning to be generic, instead of racist.

The part that we're quoting is from MSN, so if you want to go through the guide 

They never told anyone to apologize for "being white people", as Betsy quoted.  I already proved that. My quotation was what they actually said. I'm not surprised, however, that the concept of quoting things accurately blows your mind 

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

They never told anyone to apologize for "being white people", as Betsy quoted.  I already proved that. My quotation was what they actually said. I'm not surprised, however, that the concept of quoting things accurately blows your mind 

You got caught editing a quote to such a misleading extent that what you posted was a full-on lie, Bub. It's in black and white and everyone but you understands that. 

The gist of Betsy's quote was 100% accurate. Obviously the apology wouldn't be worded "Sorry for being white", but if what MSN said was accurate [I still can't access the site] then the Sally Anne recommended that their white people should apologize for "biases or racist ideologies held and actions committed.”

If you don't understand that I'm not the least bit surprised, but it's all 100% true. 

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You got caught editing a quote to such a misleading extent that what you posted was a full-on lie, Bub. It's in black and white and everyone but you understands that. 

The gist of Betsy's quote was 100% accurate. Obviously the apology wouldn't be worded "Sorry for being white", but if what MSN said was accurate [I still can't access the site] then the Sally Anne recommended that their white people should apologize for "biases or racist ideologies held and actions committed.”

If you don't understand that I'm not the least bit surprised, but it's all 100% true. 

I edited nothing. It was copied and pasted directly. You can even tell by the font change. 

But Betsy created words that were never said and put them in quotation marks. Do that on an essay and you get an F.

You guys really need to learn how quotes work. It's not that hard 

@BubberMiley

But Betsy created words that were never said and put them in quotation marks. Do that on an essay and you get an F.

But, but, but Betsy.....

Can you show me on the doll where Betsy hurt you?

If you don't understand what she meant, that's your problem. She was obviously paraphrasing, and she didn't mischaracterize the article beyond what would be considered an appropriate level of sarcasm.

The article 'recommends that white people should apologize for blah blah blah', all she's saying is that it's completely stupid to ask 'white people' to apologize for things that they didn't do, to people who are guilty of the aforementioned things but aren't asked to apologize in return. 

It's pretty much saying that whiteness means you're just guilty and you have to apologize to everyone. Ergo, she said 'apologize for being white'.

Sarcasm is a form of humour, and understanding humour requires a high-functioning brain. Just know that she's capable of creating humour that you don't understand. 

You don't paraphrase with quotation marks. We learn that when we learn what the word means. Betsy created a false quote using words they never said. There's even a commandment against doing that.

My quotation was perfectly accurate. The fact you are apprehensive about going to the original source of my quotation is telling. Because then the accuracy of it would be undeniable and you would, again, look like an idiot. 

And BTW, as a white person, I'm offended Betsy would substitute the words "being white" for "biased and racist ideologies." These racist stereotypes against white people are unacceptable. 

Edited by BubberMiley
  • Haha 1

On 12/21/2021 at 7:54 AM, betsy said:

The division is being done and fostered by advocates of Critical Race Theory.

Not really.  The howl over CRT here in the States is mostly from folks on the Right who have almost no real understanding (willfully ignorant in many cases) of what CRT actually endeavors to do.

CRT is little more than a critical re-branding of basic concepts.  America DOES need to teach its children MORE about the horrors of slavery and the continuing systemic racism that followed it.  We are too busy patting ourselves on the back for simply not being as horrible as the slavery days.  But we work hard to ignore what replaced it.  Jim Crow morphing into the current school-to-prison pipeline.

We have study after study after study showing that there IS still some systemic racism we are not facing or dealing with effectively.  The current calls for white people to be mindful of the advantages that have come to them simply by merit of birth are perfectly reasonable.  In order to fix a problem we must first understand that there IS a problem.  And that's what's riling everyone on the Right here in the US now.