Ont. reports more than 4,000 new COVID-19 cases, highest single-day total in nearly 8 months

Infidel Dog

"

Published Sunday, December 19, 2021 10:08AM EST
Last Updated Sunday, December 19, 2021 10:08AM EST

Ontario is reporting more than 4,000 new cases of COVID-19, the highest daily single-day total confirmed in the province in nearly eight months.

Provincial health officials logged 4,177 new infections today, up from 3,301 on Saturday and 1,476 just one week ago.

Two more virus-related deaths were confirmed over the past 24 hours.

Today's tally is the highest daily case count reported in the province since April 23, when 4,505 new infections were reported."

https://www.cp24.com/news/ont-reports-more-than-4-000-new-covid-19-cases-highest-single-day-total-in-nearly-8-months-1.5713352

And now it's time for some self-righteous 'told-ya-so."

This appears later in the article:

The Ministry of Health says 905 of Sunday’s cases involve unvaccinated people, 142 involve partially vaccinated people, 2,977 involve fully vaccinated people and 153 involve people with unknown vaccination status.

Over the past several months, unvaccinated people, who currently represent about 18 per cent of Ontario's population, have been significantly overrepresented in daily case counts but today, those individuals only account for about 21 per of all new infections.

The 'pandemic of the vaccinated' nonsense we were hearing at the beginning of the Canadian Provinces delta waves was not reflective of what was happening elsewhere in the world. Things had to flip around sooner or later. 

The worse offenders of this Q796QSn.gif anti what they called "Anti-vaxxer" hysteria in the early weeks of the Canadian waves were crying out for all unvaccinated needed to be segregated from polite society, put out of work and out of site, with any luck incarcerated.

Don't they look stupid now. Told ya so. Told ya that was going to happen.

Edited by Infidel Dog

And now there's this in BC.

British Columbia is forbidding residents who have not received a COVID-19 vaccine from hosting anyone in their homes or attending gatherings in other people’s homes over the holiday season.

“If you are unvaccinated or have members of your family who are unvaccinated, we cannot have personal gatherings in those settings right now,” provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said at a press conference on Dec. 17.

Doctor Bonnie Henry is unscientific, evil in her ignorance and possibly power-drunk.

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

For those on here who hate scientists, an honest question: what accounts for the mortality rate difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated ?

I would answer that, but I don't hate scientists so.....I guess a person who hates scientists will have to answer you.

50 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

For those on here who hate scientists, an honest question: what accounts for the mortality rate difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated ?

Who hates science? Science says drug store masks don't work. Science says lockdowns don't work. Science says Covid is at least as communicable from the vaccinated as the unvaccinated.

Now if you're saying vaccines have some use as a therapeutic well good for them. If anybody chooses to risk the adverse affects over their natural immunity they should feel free to take the chance. Florida has shown us that the mRNA vaccine therapeutic is even more effective when monoclonal antibodies are accessible to the general public. Some of us would like to try other therapeutics that seem to be having some success.

You must have a special kind of science you want to tell us about.

Go ahead then show us this science you seem to think you have that explains why Bonnie Henry is banning Christmas for some of us in BC.

If what you're calling a "vaccine" works why hasn't it been? If it works, why do you need a vaccine passport? To protect you from what?

If it's just a therapeutic with an unusual amount of side effects and potential future dangers, good for it but why can't we choose what seems, to some of us, to be better alternatives? What would that choice have to do with your preferred - what you call - "science?"

Edited by Infidel Dog

Science is a method. There are no 'expert opinions' in science that overrule actual data.

All else is nonsense.

As mentioned before, we have the term 'Big Bang' as a result of 'expert opinion' trying to stifle Hubble's actual data that the Universe was expanding. Fred Hoyle eventually had to agree that the data proved him wrong and the steady state Universe was incorrect. But the term was initially mocking the idea....pfffft...as if a Big Bang.

Omicron really isn't where the Anti-Vaxxers should be spiking the football.

Broad vaccination is likely what's keeping Omicron from causing more damage. The jury is still out on this, but early signs are that Omicron likely won't cause severe illness in most people. 

If ICU occupancy does spike, it will be instructive to see the ratio of vaxxed to unvaxxed. 

I was saying this to MH in another forum, but I think much of the unvaxxed are younger and likely won't experience severe illness. 

I still think restricting the unvaxxed from certain indoor gatherings is a good thing. Especially with Omicron that will infect anyone who's in a room with an infected person.

We're hearing that N95 masks are the only thing that will stop an Omicron infection. 

Edited by Boges
  • Thanks 1

South African Officials Advise Government To Stop Tracing And Quarantining Omicron Contacts Because Most Don’t Experience Any Symptoms

“We propose that quarantining be discontinued with immediate effect for contacts of cases of Covid-19. This applies equally to vaccinated and non-vaccinated contacts.”

From a different source:

In a memo to South Africa’s Health Minister Joe Phaahla, the MAC wrote,

“Crucially, it appears that efforts to eliminate and/or contain the virus are not likely to be successful. Therefore, it is critical that the role of containment efforts like quarantine and contact tracing is re-evaluated.”

https://100percentfedup.com/s-africa-will-stop-tracing-and-quarantining-contacts-of-weak-omicron-variant-as-u-s-pushes-4th-vaccine/

Edited by Infidel Dog

4 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

1. Who hates science?

2. If anybody chooses to risk the adverse affects over their natural immunity they should feel free to take the chance.

2. Florida has shown us that the mRNA vaccine therapeutic is even more effective when monoclonal antibodies are accessible to the general public.  

3. Ifwhat you're calling a "vaccine" works why hasn't it been? If it works, why do you need a vaccine passport? To protect you from what?

1. SCIENTISTS

2.Cite request

3. Far fewer vaccinated people are getting it and dying, I already said.

1. Scientists hate science? I think you need to rethink that.

2, Me. I'm the cite on that opinion. I would choose natural immunity over the risk of adverse affects from another pfizer jab. Especially considering what we know about Omicron so far. It continues to be wildly virulent with a much diminished load of serious effects. It may be our best chance at defeating covid with mass herd immunity.

3. With Omicron, you mean. True. Vaccinated people are getting infected with Omicron like crazy but fewer are suffering serious symptomatic illness including death. but the Florida miracle using monoclonal antibodies dealt with Delta. That's what I was talking about.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Haha 1

You can see it in the deaths graph.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

After that it's multifaceted but basically Delta was hitting Florida hard in late August. Democrats were loving it. They thought DeSantis was done. Tell me you're not interested in that graph and I tell you the side you always seem to be on was just loving that they could point at that graph and mock it until late August.

Around late August Desantis started putting up centres to administer monoclonal antibodies to covid positives.

The line on the graph plummeted almost immediately and drastically to the point that a couple weeks ago and probably still it was and most likely still is the state with the least cases and the least deaths in America. Which is impressive because it's also one of the most populous.

Biden tried to stop it by taking control of the MCA reserve so he could send shots to friendlies over opposition. DeSantis beat him again by buying in Europe.

So at the present time the economy is great in Florida. There are no mandates and it's the healthiest state covid wise in America. That's the Florida miracle.

4 hours ago, Boges said:

We're hearing that N95 masks are the only thing that will stop an Omicron infection.

To whomever "we" are that keeps hearing things... it has always the case that masks rated below N95 are not effective for covid. But even N95 is not all great. They need to be correctly fitted and worn tightly on your face. They are uncomfortable. You must also be clean shaven. Otherwise you're wasting time, and money.

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    phoenyx75

• User went up a rank
      Enthusiast
    • User went up a rank
      Contributor
    • User earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Fluffypants earned a badge