The push is on of the Omicron or Omnicon virus.

taxme

7 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Nope. Judging from the numbers we both have posted, that is perfectly accurate.

You also said it prevents hospitalizations, then posted a link that showed 50% of hospitalizations in that province were amongst the vaxxed. 

I doubt your ability to be accurate.  You are great at barfing out the party line, though.

12 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Nope. Judging from the numbers we both have posted, that is perfectly accurate.

LMAFO.  So you just stated above that you never made the claim. I showed you did in fact make that claim and now you are going back to saying your original claim is in tact???

You are either being willfully dishonest or you are completely delusional. You pick but I think its fair for everyone on this forum to see that your opinion means nothing.   

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You also said it prevents hospitalizations, then posted a link that showed 50% of hospitalizations in that province were amongst the vaxxed. 

I doubt your ability to be accurate.  You are great at barfing out the party line, though.

Not only that he has blatantly lied about his claim of vaccines stopping spread. His integrity on this forum is next to zero. 

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

So if you apply math and look at the rate of vaccination, if 80% of the population is vaxxed and they make up 50% of the hospitalizations, that means the 20% unvaxxed make up the remaining 50%. That is, then, proof that vaccination prevents hospitalization.

And I would say I can't believe you couldn't figure that out for yourself, but you are an antivaxxer after all.

4 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Not only that he has blatantly lied about his claim of vaccines stopping spread. His integrity on this forum is next to zero. 

Not really. You just don't read English well enough to understand what I actually said.

Just now, BubberMiley said:

Not really. You just don't read English well enough to understand what I actually said.

Come on Bubber. Have a bit of integrity. You made the claim, were caught in the lie and now refuse to admit you are wrong.  Grow a set and accept you are wrong instead of making a preposterous claim about which one of us understands English. What you said was put right in your face and yet you still play the part of the idiot. Be better than that.  

If you want to go on to discuss other aspects of this conversation then I suggest you learn how to debate honestly. 

53 minutes ago, Goddess said:

No one is saying 5 million deaths is not sad.

What we are saying is: Is it worth all the other damage we are doing to the economy and society?

What you're implying is that there is a value to a human life and that value should be determined so we know how much its worth. 

So how do we go about that?  Do we derive the value by calculating the cost of lives saved or lives lost?  Putting a value to lives saved will be harder than cost of lives lost and the only thing that compares to COVID in terms of economic impact in living memory would be 9/11 and the war on terror.   How many deaths by terrorist have been prevented by trillions spent since 9/11 and how much is that divided by the lives lost on 9/11?  

7 minutes ago, Goddess said:

50% of the people in hospital for covid are vaxxed and that proves the vax prevents hospitalization?  ?

May I suggest being careful giving the data too much credit, " 50% of the people in the hospital with covid are vaxxed"  "With" not "for" or "have" covid. 

I say this because the data does not indicate if people in the hospital are in there because of covid, or were infected with covid in the hospital while say in surgery for a completely different issue. 

The data does not indicate the reason someone enters the hospital, their age, or any comorbidities. Functionally the data is too generalized to formulate a conclusion.  

Edited by Winston

2 minutes ago, Winston said:

May I suggest being careful giving the data too much credit, " 50% of the people in the hospital with covid are vaxxed"  "With" not "for" or "have" covid. 

The link Bubber supplied shows in the title of the chart that those are the covid case hospitalizations, not just general hospitalizations.

Province of Manitoba | Cases and Risk of COVID-19 in Manitoba (gov.mb.ca)

But yes, who knows how they are playing with the numbers and stats.

3 minutes ago, Winston said:

100% agree on this. I wish proper data would be provided across the board. Ontario and Alberta have both said they were going to start tracking this but I haven't seen numbers yet. 

12 minutes ago, Winston said:

The data does not indicate the reason someone enters the hospital, their age, or any comorbidities. Functionally the data is too generalized to formulate a conclusion.  

Jus to add to this....England was actually keeping decent data on this for a while now. They would mark someone in the hospital with COVID as being Inclusion Case and someone hospitalized because of COVID as an Exclusion Case. For both unvaxxed and double vaxxed, it seemed to be roughly 30% drop from inclusion to exclusion. Now...this was for Delta and was in the UK. If it remains true for Canada and with Omicron, then we might expect that a certain reduction on the vaxxed side will see roughly the same reduction on the unvaxxed side. Wait to see though. 

16 minutes ago, Goddess said:

The link Bubber supplied shows in the title of the chart that those are the covid case hospitalizations, not just general hospitalizations.

Province of Manitoba | Cases and Risk of COVID-19 in Manitoba (gov.mb.ca)

But yes, who knows how they are playing with the numbers and stats.

You mean like you did with the athletes dropping from heart atracks? I don't think they are as scummy as all that. They are a conservative government after all.

39 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

LMAFO.  So you just stated above that you never made the claim. I showed you did in fact make that claim and now you are going back to saying your original claim is in tact???

You are either being willfully dishonest or you are completely delusional. You pick but I think its fair for everyone on this forum to see that your opinion means nothing.   

Find a dictionary and look up the difference between "stop" and "prevent." You're going to be embarrassed when you find out they don't mean the same thing.

11 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Find a dictionary and look up the difference between "stop" and "prevent." You're going to be embarrassed when you find out they don't mean the same thing.

1 hour ago, Accountability Now said:

The problem with a written forum is that its really easy to prove someone wrong with things they have said.

Spot on.

16 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Interesting....this dictionary disagrees with you

prevent.thumb.jpg.f669764a24e4901dfbde96d07d5add88.jpg

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Spot on.

Interesting....both of you geniuses forgot to look at where Bubber's post says "excellent job of" 

You were so infatuated with finding a semantical error in order to salvage one last hope for salvaging your mistake however even that is blown off its hinges when you put "excellent job". 

When 100 people get covid and the vaccinated make up 82% of those cases but only 79% of them are vaccinated.....you think this is an "excellent job of preventing" spread. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh man...you guys are just pure beauties today. Keep the laughs coming...its a slow day at work and I'm enjoying this. 

• Like 1

Just now, Accountability Now said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh man...you guys are just pure beauties today. Keep the laughs coming...its a slow day at work and I'm enjoying this. 

Since 20% of unvaccinated make up 50% of hospitalizations,  the vaccines did an excellent job. Glad to help you out learning the difference between "stop" and "prevent". 

1 minute ago, BubberMiley said:

Since 20% of unvaccinated make up 50% of hospitalizations,  the vaccines did an excellent job. Glad to help you out learning the difference between "stop" and "prevent". 

Dude. We were talking spread and not hospitalizations. Stop lying and gain one ounce of integrity already.

• Like 1

Come on AN. Have a bit of integrity. You made the claim, were caught in the misunderstanding of what simple words mean, and now refuse to admit you are wrong.  Grow a set and accept you are wrong instead of making a preposterous claim about which one of us understands basic data. What you said was put right in your face and yet you still play the part of the idiot. Be better than that.  

If you want to go on to discuss other aspects of this conversation then I suggest you learn how to debate honestly.