The push is on of the Omicron or Omnicon virus.

taxme

22 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

It's become a thing of its own, complete with big-money backing and inertia.

Couldn't it be said about any serious problem, from now on? A crisis for the little folk down below (far) a big excitement for big governments and corporations. Policies, emergency modes, solemn speeches, rules and prescriptions rolling out, talking heads bonanza, when and how it is going to end (not if) emergency approvals, checks and safeguards (weak as they are even in normal times) down, instant profits, big contracts, populace scared out of wits, no questions asked and no answers needed. Top management benefits not to mention crisis management bonuses why, crisis management is the new gold rush in the public policy. Why would you, or anyone want to go back to the old boring normal, are you in the right state of mind?

It's not like the brave new age is a distant warning in the book what if we're already living it - and never bother to notice?

31 minutes ago, blackbird said:

So?   It is still a lot of people.  The number of deaths is about 5.5 million people which is possibly more than the population of British Columbia.  

No one is saying 5 million deaths is not sad.

What we are saying is: Is it worth all the other damage we are doing to the economy and society?

Teen suicide is up 30-40% in the US and Canada, adults have reported suicidal ideation, as well.

Do they matter less?

Small businesses have been run into the ground, people are going bankrupt (not Bill Gates, obviously).

Does that not matter, too?

Our children are suffering educationally and socially, experts say this is going to lead to explosions of psychological issues. 

Do they not matter?

We have willingly given up fundamental human rights, that we will never get back unless we fight for them all over again.

Does that not matter?

You keep spouting about the deaths from covid, but we have only begun to realize the vast collateral damage that has been done because instead of following the world's previously decided upon pandemic plan, Big Pharma and the world's billionaires saw an opportunity to make even more money and governments saw an opportunity to grab unlimited power.

But yes, continue blaming the small amount of unvaccinated people for all this.?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

This indicates you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I thought you did your own research.

What is your point?

If a flu comes along and 5 million people die OR Covid comes along and 5 million people die, what does the "novel" aspect of it have to do with anything?

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

I think you just bring up random stuff like you're tossing a turd into the pool so everyone leaves and nothing gets discussed.

Yes, I just made up the word Novel with reference to coronavirus. That must be it. No other reality is acceptable.

3 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

It does an excellent job preventing it though.

You aren't really following the numbers are you? The cases per 100k are now more for the vaccinated than unvaccinated (in Ontario at least, as well as Alberta). The vaccines are not preventing spread at all. 

Edited by Accountability Now

2 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

You aren't really following the numbers are you? The cases per 100k are now more for the vaccinated than unvaccinated (in Ontario at least, as well as Alberta). The vaccines are not preventing spread at all. 

But they're preventing symptoms, hospitalization, and death.

31 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

But they're preventing symptoms, hospitalization, and death.

So you agree it is not stopping the spread? If so, then why are you saying it does?

Also, Ontario’s hospitals currently have 66% fully vaxxed when over a week ago it was at 30. Alberta now has more vaxxed people in the hospital than unvaxxed and that percentage is moving as well

35 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

You aren't really following the numbers are you?

Whatever goes. If and when reason and factual arguments are hard to come by, it helps to play dumb and naive (and cheerfully). But look mommy, a pretty blue bird, there! There's a word for it, and many many examples in history.

13 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Those of us who can cite our numbers have credibility.

The unvaccinated are nine times more likely to be hospitalized and 26 times more likely to end up in an ICU than those with two doses or more.

https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/cases.html#vaccine-status

Yes, it's very scary when you put it in the "times more likely" verbiage.

But from your own link - there are 32 cases in the ICU's in the entire province. 8 of those (25%) are vaccinated.

Hospitalization right now is running at 50% unvaccinated, 50% vaccinated.

Obviously, the "scare factor" is still being ramped up because it also says "Unvaccinated people are 17X more likely to die from covid!"

That is misleading.  It's true if you are elderly or obese or have a number of comorbidities.  But the survival rate is still well over 99%.

Remember how scared everyone was in Oz, until they pulled back the curtain?

Edited by Goddess

7 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Those of us who can cite our numbers have credibility.

Aside from your clear deflection from my question, I will cite my claims as per your request. Now...for the second time...is the vaccine stopping spread of the virus. If not, then please delete your claim and stop spewing misinformation. 

Alberta Stats as of January 3:

jan3.thumb.jpg.b5a6cc17906d415e8428cf0f28190150.jpg

https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-19-alberta-statistics.htm#vaccine-outcomes

Ontario Stats as of today:

jan5.thumb.jpg.bbd705f97a85df0d8baf19cf790784f4.jpg

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data/hospitalizations

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

No one is saying 5 million deaths is not sad.

What we are saying is: Is it worth all the other damage we are doing to the economy and society?

Teen suicide is up 30-40% in the US and Canada, adults have reported suicidal ideation, as well.

Do they matter less?

Small businesses have been run into the ground, people are going bankrupt (not Bill Gates, obviously).

Does that not matter, too?

Our children are suffering educationally and socially, experts say this is going to lead to explosions of psychological issues. 

Do they not matter?

We have willingly given up fundamental human rights, that we will never get back unless we fight for them all over again.

Does that not matter?

You keep spouting about the deaths from covid, but we have only begun to realize the vast collateral damage that has been done because instead of following the world's previously decided upon pandemic plan, Big Pharma and the world's billionaires saw an opportunity to make even more money and governments saw an opportunity to grab unlimited power.

But yes, continue blaming the small amount of unvaccinated people for all this.?

Of course it matters if people die for whatever reason.  So you are saying the world should not take any action to try to stop the pandemic spread?  Sounds irresponsible to say the least.  But what would be your plan?  You seem to know more than the experts.

Which claim was that? I never said it is stopping the spread. I said it's preventing hospitalizations, which your data reinforces.

1 minute ago, Accountability Now said:

Aside from your clear deflection from my question, I will cite my claims as per your request. Now...for the second time...is the vaccine stopping spread of the virus. If not, then please delete your claim and stop spewing misinformation. 

3 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Which claim was that? I never said it is stopping the spread. I said it's preventing hospitalizations, which your data reinforces.

The problem with a written forum is that its really easy to prove someone wrong with things they have said.  Want to reconsider your claim based on this:

bubber.thumb.jpg.dae02974a534df210dc6e2e5d4d2edb2.jpg

14 hours ago, eyeball said:

Except as I told you I was quite aware of the fact that dbl vaxxed people have died, as evidenced by having posted this article before you noted I wouldn't have known any better.  You were wrong to have stated I wouldn't have known any better. 

The title and the vast majority of the main body of that article just goes on about "some very elderly, often bedridden people with covid get breakthrough cases and end up in hospital", and then incorrectly states that "the unvaccinated COVID patients we see are young, healthy, working people and their condition deteriorates rapidly,” she said. “Suddenly they’re being put on oxygen or on a respirator". 

In your case, you might want to say that you were aware that dbl-vaxxed people still die, but the conversation that you barged into was between me and Aristedes, and he was incorrectly stating that dbl-vaxxed people only get mildly ill. 

That's right it mentioned dbl vaxxed people with COVID dying. Wtf is a vaxxed death anyway? 

https://globalnews.ca/news/8127794/covid-israel-breakthrough-cases-doctors/

It mentioned that at the very bottom of the article, but anyone with any brains stopped reading the article long before that, and 99% of the mouth-breathers that read Global would take two weeks to get to the bottom of that page. 

You do understand a breakthrough case is where COVID breaks through the vaccine right?

Yes.

You do understand that a breakthrough case doesn't always result in death, right? 

Even just being asymptomatic and testing positive, 14 days after the second dose, is called a breakthrough case. It is almost meaningless because we know that everyone with the vaxx can still get covid. 

your usual claim to complete infallibility.  

Around you I am infallible. At the very best you may have proven that you were aware that dbl-vaxxed people die, but that just puts you at the top 1% of liberals, which is the bottom 50% of the heap. 

10 minutes ago, blackbird said:

So you are saying the world should not take any action to try to stop the pandemic spread?  Sounds irresponsible to say the least. 

Where did I say we should do nothing?  

Do you think there could be a balance between running around with our hair on fire, panicking, destroying our economy and society VERSUS doing nothing?

But what would be your plan? 

I will answer this the same way I've answered it here about a dozen times now:

I think we should have followed the world's pandemic protocols plan that was put in place many years ago. The only country who did that was Sweden and they are faring far better than the rest of us right now.

You seem to know more than the experts.

I am not an expert on this, but I listen to the experts.

The Canadian expert on this, the man who was in charge of implementing that plan before he retired, was Lt. Col. David Redman.  Maybe look him up and see why he is so disappointed and angry that we did not follow the plan.  There was a really good interview of him with Danielle Smith for The Western Standard.  I would start there.

Edited by Goddess

7 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

I said it's preventing hospitalizations, which your data reinforces.

Also....the key thing about the data isn't what its saying today...its what the trends have been. Ontario has 79% of its population vaxxed and that same group makes up 67% of the hospitalizations. That percentage used to be in the 20s and 30s and is quickly growing.  

Even if you look at just today in Ontario, the vaccines are only marginally protecting people from going to the hospital. That is of course if you still consider hospitalizations to only be a binary dependent on vaccination rather than including other factors like obesity, age and other variables. 

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Schools are open in other developed countries.  In most US states people aren’t wearing masks, including workers.  Omicron is an exaggerated problem in Canada, well-suited to a gullible, overly compliant populous who don’t value freedom.  

It’s because of Mr. Trudeau. For him this is an opportunity to reshape Canadian society. He loves Covid-19.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

The problem with a written forum is that its really easy to prove someone wrong with things they have said.  Want to reconsider your claim based on this:

bubber.thumb.jpg.dae02974a534df210dc6e2e5d4d2edb2.jpg

Nope. Judging from the numbers we both have posted, that is perfectly accurate.

Just now, OftenWrong said:

It’s because of Mr. Trudeau. For him this is an opportunity to reshape Canadian society. He loves Covid-19.

Yes, it's all his devious plan. I never realized the level of his superior competence until talking to you guys. It's like he has other-worldly powers.