Ban on Conversion Therapy Passes

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Some people are actually born intersex - that is with evidence of both male and female genitalia so clearly there is more going on that 'boy or girl and nothing else'.  When these people hit adolescence, their hormones (usually) tell them who they find attractive -  males or females.  This has presented serious problems for boys who were deemed girls at birth because their gender was not clearly defined by their genitalia and and girls are easier to make than boys.

It is true that there are some rare birth abnormalities.  But remember that is not the norm.  It is a birth abnormality or defect.  So you cannot use that as any kind of argument to claim people are born gay. 

I do not put any credence on claims fount on the internet. You are correct that there is no conclusive proof, to my knowledge, that a person is born gay. In my work, I've come to know many people in the LGBTQA community. I have never met anyone who said they were born straight and changed. 

Ask yourself, who is going to choose to be abused and abandoned by friends and family. Who do you know who thinks a good bashing in an alley is fun.

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I meant for the OP to be about parliament, not religion. Blackbird and I have talked privately and I will respect his views. For me, the refreshing aspect of the story is that Parliament worked. All parties worked together. It also put any question of Mr. O'Toole's leadership to rest.

You don't get it. It doesn't matter what you tell your son. He will be either gay or straight and nothing will change his preference. If he was born straight, he will always be attracted to girls. If he was born gay, he will always be attracted to men. Your job is to show him support and make certain he knows he is loved by his parents for who he is.

Yzermandius, are you willing to undergo conversion therapy to become gay?

No one is BORN gay.  It is a extra curricular choice they make.  Teenagers are confused and the whole LGBT scheme is an assault on our children.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

The belief of being born gay is a widely held belief but many dispute that claim and say there is no scientific evidence.  The opposing side believe it is a social construct caused by surrounding influences in society.  This is an important issue because if people are born gay then there is less hope that they can change.  If they are not born gay, then there is more credence to the claim it is a social construct that can more easily change.

Quote  In 1996, The Advocate, a gay and lesbian magazine, asked readers what they believed the potential impact would be to the advancement of gay and lesbian rights if a scientific discovery proves a biological basis for homosexuality. About 61 percent of the magazine’s readers asserted that such scientific research would advance the cause of gays and lesbians and lead to more positive attitudes toward homosexuality. For example, if one can be born gay, much as one can be born with brown eyes, then a fair society could not possibly condemn him as being unnatural or immoral. To that end, gay activists and the liberal media have actively encouraged the idea that homosexuality is inherited and unchangeable, and researchers have diligently sought scientific evidence to back up that claim. Unfortunately for the pro-homosexuality movement, the research on this subject has failed to establish any scientific evidence that shows a purely genetic basis for homosexuality.  Unquote

For the full article go to:

Can a person be born gay? | GotQuestions.org

There are many website articles on this.  One must wonder what makes the liberals accept one view and reject the other.  Do they choose one view purely for political reasons to appeal to a certain base?  Or do they accept one view so that it will fit in with their ideology of diversity and inclusion?  I suspect a bit of both reasons.

One is attracted to certain sexual pleasures.  Gay sex is a pleasure not an identity.  That's just the stupid lie we have been fed by 2% of the population.

Yeah so I do understand we have to be reasonable and not expect the CPC from being anything even close to the Republican Party but this is it for me.  The CPC buckled and bent on this important issue.  So now the state can look into my church and my home.  It's none of their business.  Yes, Trudeau is a jack ass in Clown shoes, but I will be saving my vote for Bernier's party next time around.   We could have fought this brown shirt action against our freedoms and instead the Toole folded.  I am so ashamed that I voted for him.

40 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Yeah so I do understand we have to be reasonable and not expect the CPC from being anything even close to the Republican Party but this is it for me.  The CPC buckled and bent on this important issue.  So now the state can look into my church and my home.  It's none of their business.  Yes, Trudeau is a jack ass in Clown shoes, but I will be saving my vote for Bernier's party next time around.   We could have fought this brown shirt action against our freedoms and instead the Toole folded.  I am so ashamed that I voted for him.

Thank you Faramir, for steering this back to politics. I do not see what Mr. Bernier can do. If he is appointed Prime Minister, he will have to bring in legislation to accomplish what you want and some of it will need to have the co-operation of the provinces and I just can't see that happening. I don't even see him getting appointed Prime Minister either. I am interested in how you prove me wrong. You won't be the first to prove me wrong and I promise to keep an open mind. The issue is how Mr. Bernier can implement his platform, not if I agree with it. We can stipulate that he is hypothetically Prime Minister. What will he do and how will he do it?

4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Yzermandius, are you willing to undergo conversion therapy to become gay?

nah

but if others want to

they shouldn't be banned from doing so

same as if some gays want to undergo conversion therapy

they shouldn't be banned from doing so

this bill is stupid, for that reason

all parties supporting it doesn't make it less stupid

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

One is attracted to certain sexual pleasures.  Gay sex is a pleasure not an identity.  That's just the stupid lie we have been fed by 2% of the population.

So you don't identify as straight, but instead you choose straight sex although you could select gay sex at any time?

Whatever your experience of sexual identity, it sounds strange to me.  I sure haven't felt this way 

The act of taking ones psychology and applying it generally to others is called 'projection'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

I will be saving my vote for Bernier's party next time around.   

Because he vowed to fight ideology on the basis that it would bring harm to gays and lesbians you mean?

Boy, you're not only paranoid but also misinformed.

https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/a_ppc_government_will_fight_radical_gender_ideology

8 hours ago, dialamah said:

Were you ever confused about what was between your legs?  I sure wasn't.  The hormones that define your sexuality are pretty effective, especially once puberty hits.  The most confused people are those who are told that what's between their legs defines attraction, when they actually feel very differently.

Some people are actually born intersex - that is with evidence of both male and female genitalia so clearly there is more going on that 'boy or girl and nothing else'.  When these people hit adolescence, their hormones (usually) tell them who they find attractive -  males or females.  This has presented serious problems for boys who were deemed girls at birth because their gender was not clearly defined by their genitalia and and girls are easier to make than boys.

Homosexual behavior has been observed in animals.

Never been confused , but there has been a lot of pre teenagers who have experimented sexually with both sexes or just one and have either liked the pleasure aspects of it and stay with it, Does our hormones dictate sexual preface, i ask because there are people that change like their mood. 

And with the gay population exploding in the last 10 years , it is one thing to be inter sexed to explain some of the gay population but how do we explain all the rest of the gay population, or are they all inter sexed...I personal think it comes down to choices, or past history of sexual experiences good or bad.   And maybe not so much the hormones, this conversation gets harder as you try and figure out the infinite amount of genders that have been identified today...and how do we start to explain all of that.

Do we explain their behavior the same way, by hormones, or just that they were in a the rut like deer or moose and just really horny, like dogs that will hump anything , any time, any where. 

12 hours ago, Army Guy said:

1.  Never been confused , but there has been a lot of pre teenagers who have experimented sexually with both sexes or just one and have either liked the pleasure aspects of it and stay with it, Does our hormones dictate sexual preface, i ask because there are people that change like their mood. 

2.  And with the gay population exploding in the last 10 years , it is one thing to be inter sexed to explain some of the gay population but how do we explain all the rest of the gay population, or are they all inter sexed...I personal think it comes down to choices, or past history of sexual experiences good or bad.   And maybe not so much the hormones, this conversation gets harder as you try and figure out the infinite amount of genders that have been identified today...and how do we start to explain all of that.

3.  Do we explain their behavior the same way, by hormones, or just that they were in a the rut like deer or moose and just really horny, like dogs that will hump anything , any time, any where. 

1.  Yes, sometimes people experiment with both sexes; if they stay with it, they are called "bisexual".  Yes, experimentation is part of growing up, and it's through experimentation that people find out what really works for them. For some people it's boys, for others it's girls and for some it's either/or.  Having been one that experimented with both boys and girls, I can tell you that the experimentation didn't remove or change my basic interest.  Still, it was fun and interesting to play around like that.

2. Perhaps the gay population was always there, but with the increased acceptance they don't have to remain in the closet.  One of the saddest stories I ever read was about a minister who was homosexual - but he refused to succumb to his urges.  He was married, with two kids and he prayed daily for God to take away his "unnatural" urges.  But he'd dream about men, and he'd feel attraction to men. Eventually, he wasn't able to have sex with his wife.  He got to the point that he'd sleep with a Bible strapped round his genitals in an attempt to cure himself.  None of that worked, and he had to admit that he was attracted to men.  Of course, he lost his marriage, his position in life, his friends; it doesn't make sense that someone would "choose" that for themselves.

3.  Virtually everything we do is explained by hormones: they control our moods, appetites, bodily functions etc.  For example, the hormone TSH is in short supply in my body; consequently, I am prone to gain weight, be depressed, have low energy, be constipated, feel cold, have dry skin, lose hair.  That's the effect of just one hormone.  Several hormones dictate sexual behavior and desire, so to think that they can be overcome by wishful thinking, experimentation or even conversion therapy is naïve at best.  

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 3:37 PM, Queenmandy85 said:

Thank you Faramir, for steering this back to politics. I do not see what Mr. Bernier can do. If he is appointed Prime Minister, he will have to bring in legislation to accomplish what you want and some of it will need to have the co-operation of the provinces and I just can't see that happening. I don't even see him getting appointed Prime Minister either. I am interested in how you prove me wrong. You won't be the first to prove me wrong and I promise to keep an open mind. The issue is how Mr. Bernier can implement his platform, not if I agree with it. We can stipulate that he is hypothetically Prime Minister. What will he do and how will he do it?

Well him becoming PM is very hypothetical is in it will never happen.  I would expect him to just stay clear of social issues.  Don't go down that road and that way you don't PO your base.  I would expect him to bring reality back to the budget.  No more bailing out PQ firms and no more corporate welfare.  Canada has a bad case of bailing out Quebec companies.  In reality fiscal issues and the military are the only ones that matter to me as far as Bernier.  Bring 10% year over year increases to our fabulously ridiculously under funded military.  Save money by no more funds to media bail outs or bail outs of any kind.

On 12/3/2021 at 4:02 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Because he vowed to fight ideology on the basis that it would bring harm to gays and lesbians you mean?

Boy, you're not only paranoid but also misinformed.

https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/a_ppc_government_will_fight_radical_gender_ideology

Oh good.  LOL  I will stay home and note vote then.

28 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Good.  I am pleased with this result.

you would be pleased with all parties being virtually identical

while demonizing any party who offers any alternative and any voters who want an alternative

typical Canadian

never rock the boat, just bow before the woke commie overlords instead

and look down your nose at everyone who doesn't follow suit

Edited by Yzermandius19

27 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1. you would be pleased with all parties being virtually identical

2. while demonizing any party who offers any alternative and any voters who want an alternative

3. typical Canadian, never rock the boat, just bow before the woke commie overlords instead, and look down your nose at everyone who doesn't follow suit

1. I don't know.  Isn't that like saying you'd be pleased with peace on earth ?  ie. a situation that is unattainable anyway ?
2. Alternative to what ?  How can I do this without demonizing every party ? 
3. Meh.  You're hyperventilating again.  Work on being real, that is my advice :) And don't complain when 95% of Canadians disagree with you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I don't know.  Isn't that like saying you'd be pleased with peace on earth ?  ie. a situation that is unattainable anyway ?
3. Meh.  You're hyperventilating again.  Work on being real, that is my advice :) And don't complain when 95% of Canadians disagree with you.

1) utopian delusions, typical Canadian

2) alternative to the extremely narrow Canadian Overton Window

3) nope, all major parties are woke commies

if you don't want an alternative to that, then you're with the woke commies, so it's no wonder you defend them at every turn

and act like any criticism of them is unwarranted over exaggeration

NPC City

Edited by Yzermandius19

20 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1) utopian delusions, typical Canadian

2) alternative to the extremely narrow Canadian Overton Window

3) nope, all major parties are woke commies

4) if you don't want an alternative to that, then you're with the woke commies, so it's no wonder you defend them at every turn, and act like any criticism of them is unwarranted over exaggeration

1) It's an analogy to your utopian "all parties being identical" idea.  But you're Canadian too right so...
2) Which 95% of Canadians support
3) Speaking of Overton Window... a Communist Country with no secret police, relatively little public ownership of enterprise, lots of Billionaires and entrepreneurship, disparity between wealth & poverty... tell me more Karl 
4) "My view which is shared by 2% to 5% of the country is the right and popular one and I am not exaggerating"

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Just because 95% agree with something does not intrinsically make them right.  Consider Nazi Germany.  Most were just fine with smashing store windows.

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) It's an analogy to your utopian "all parties being identical" idea.  But you're Canadian too right so...
2) Which 95% of Canadians support
3) Speaking of Overton Window... a Communist Country with no secret police, relatively little public ownership of enterprise, lots of Billionaires and entrepreneurship, disparity between wealth & poverty... tell me more Karl 
4) "My view which is shared by 2% to 5% of the country is the right and popular one and I am not exaggerating"

1) it's dystopia when the Overton Window is firmly in woke commie territory

2) argument ad poulum

3) the woke are race commies, not class commies

they cry nazi the loudest, because they are the nazi's projecting on others

the iron law of woke projection

4) never said it was popular, I am surrounded by idiots who think they smart because all the other lemmings agree with them

Edited by Yzermandius19

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

In this case though, 95% are AGAINST far right politics.

anything to the right of woke commies isn't far right

Canada is far left

you just never noticed because you are one of them

you are trapped in Canada’s Overton Window and mistake people who are right of the left to be far right extremists

simply because they are to the right of Canada's far left consensus

NPC City

you live in a giant Jonestown

satisfied that you made the right call

because you're drinking the kool-aid too

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 2