Omicron variant in Canada.

Why go to Vale or Sun Valley when we have better hills here in Jasper, Mont Trembant, Kimberley and Rossland. Canada is home to the best ski hills in the world. You get better quality while supporting Canada and Canadians. No hassle and no borders to cross. 

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

That's all 100% bang-on. Two of the hardest-hit demographics by the Spanish flu were 28 yr old men and pregnant women, neither of those groups are at any risk of death by covid.

The CDC said that in 94% of the "covid 19 deaths" tallied in the US, the victim's death certificate also listed one or more other causes of death. On average there were 2.6 other causes of death on the certificate. 

Not all of those were pre-existing conditions, and for sure some of those alternate causes were triggered by covid itself, but what percent of Americans over 70 (the covid target demographic) aren't morbidly obese, or don't have heart disease, lung disease, liver disease, etc?

I've said it many times here: covid (the disease from China's only BSL4 lab) seems tailor-made to kill Americans.... 

Just got word that our firm is delaying return to office again because of OMICRON.  We have been told by South Africa that there is nothing to see here but HR departments are treating it like some scary new strain.  No complaining.  I like working from home, but just pointing out how ridiculous this all is.

I am not in the best of shape, so what is most likely to kill me is heart disease.  I have asthma but for some reason they are finding that asthma is NOT increasing the risk of death.  Weird.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Faramir said:

Just got word that our firm is delaying return to office again because of OMICRON.  We have been told by South Africa that there is nothing to see here but HR departments are treating it like some scary new strain.  No complaining.  I like working from home, but just pointing out how ridiculous this all is.

Everyone is deathly afraid of being sued for spreading covid. The only people not worried are Pfizer and Moderna.

I am not in the best of shape, so what is most likely to kill me is heart disease. 

Getting healthy is easiest if you take baby steps. Just improve your diet by a bit, drink less super-sweet coffees, and never drink sugar-free pop. 

When you drink "sugar-free" things your body responds as if you just ate sugar, so it sends out some more insulin which burns the sugar that's already in your blood. When your blood sugar drops you have to eat or you'll obviously die. 

I have asthma but for some reason they are finding that asthma is NOT increasing the risk of death.  Weird.

Maybe it's because asthma people have the puffers? I dunno, just guessing. 

15 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Why go to Vale or Sun Valley when we have better hills here in Jasper, Mont Trembant, Kimberley and Rossland. Canada is home to the best ski hills in the world. You get better quality while supporting Canada and Canadians. No hassle and no borders to cross. 

Powder in Jasper and Banff is awesome. If you dip a ski into it and flip it up it just comes down as a fine powder. 

There's never any of that here at Whistler. If you can even lift it it's more like a snowball. 

• Like 1

So now that media and international bodies are hyping Omicron, more people are getting tested, so of course more people are being found positive.  Most of them are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms.  If many of them didn’t get tested, they’d never know they had Covid.  End all restrictions.  Protect yourself.  Let Covid run its course like the flu.  Almost all vulnerable people are vaccinated.   

The problem I have with these "hospitalization" numbers is that the government has been very clear that if you go into the hospital with a broken leg or gall bladder attack or whatever.....and you test positive for covid, now you are counted as a covid hospitalization.

So it's almost impossible to tell how many are actually in hospital BECAUSE of the Omicron variant. Or any true covid patients.  And the "unknown" vaccination status seems to be growing in all the stats.  What does that even mean?

Same with the adverse reactions.  One of the problems that is seen on the discussion boards over and over and over again - is people go to hospital with adverse reactions to the jab and they are ALL being sent home with a diagnosis of "anxiety".  Basically being told it's all in their heads.  Doctors are afraid to report these convulsions, neurological disorders, heart issues, skin lesions, etc as adverse reactions to the jab, which is why I 100% believe the adverse reactions to the jab are massively, grossly being undercounted and ignored.  If it was just a few people, I would say differently but there are literally thousands and thousands of people who were normal and healthy before their jabs with no underlying medical conditions who are now unable to work (ironic since most of them say they only got the jab because they were forced to in order to have a job).

Same with my sister.  She got the jabs to be able to travel. Now she can't travel after getting the jabs.  

• Like 2

The number of people with adverse reactions who report that they only got the jabs because they felt forced to.....I think when the dust settles on all this nonsense, they are going to have a very good legal case.  Who will pay?  Obviously not Pfizer or Moderna or J&J or AstraZeneca....they forced governments to sign off on any liabilities/deaths/adverse reactions. I suspect it's going to be the governments who will pay because they forced this on everyone without any real science studies, and in the end, the taxpayer. The number of people on disability will "skyrocket" to use Boges' term.

11 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

So now that media and international bodies are hyping Omicron, more people are getting tested, so of course more people are being found positive.  Most of them are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms.  If many of them didn’t get tested, they’d never know they had Covid.  End all restrictions.  Protect yourself.  Let Covid run its course like the flu.  Almost all vulnerable people are vaccinated.   

Good luck with that now that we have a caste of obscenely expensive people-carers (forget effective managers of a publicly funded system, the old job description, before) who will examine and massage every single number for how long? years? decades? are we even allowed to ask and know?

No, we insist. "Out of abundance of caution" and "for as long as necessary". Here, have your democracy baby.

Edited by myata

23 minutes ago, Goddess said:

The problem I have with these "hospitalization" numbers is that the government has been very clear that if you go into the hospital with a broken leg or gall bladder attack or whatever.....and you test positive for covid, now you are counted as a covid hospitalization.

So it's almost impossible to tell how many are actually in hospital BECAUSE of the Omicron variant. Or any true covid patients.  And the "unknown" vaccination status seems to be growing in all the stats.  What does that even mean?

Unfortunately we keep getting the impression that the government is fear mongering because they always overstate the danger to people under 50, they overstate the death toll, the media constantly lies or omits to make their chosen politicians look good, they always push the vaccines, they do everything that they can to block information about adverse vax effects, they constantly put rules on us peons which they flaunt with impunity, they have constantly lied about how far they'll push mask mandates, vax mandates, whether or not they're building quarantine facilities, etc. 

Usually I stop trusting someone before the 11th lie. Call me crazy. 

So far South Africa’s hospitalizations are significantly down compared to the previous waves.  Experts there think the new variant has been around there since September but was mistakenly thought to be the flu because it was mild and nobody that had it got tested for covid.

That doesn’t stop the media from turning out ridiculous amounts of panic though.

The media needs COVID to stay relevant.  Trudeau isn't subsidizing official media enough to make up for the death of traditional media.  I laugh when I see the Globe and Mail or some US paper begging for subscriptions.  Sorry no dice from me.  Why would I pay for any of that crap?  Or Wikipedia.  No thanks.  Wikipedia is slanted to the left.  CNN is starting a subscription service.  Outside of Canadians who actually watches CNN?

"Starting December 20, provincial regulations will require youth, ages 12 to 17, to show proof of vaccination and valid identification to access City indoor recreation and cultural facilities for all activities – including organized sports."

Coercing of children into vaccination on highly questionable from both ethics and evidence grounds has officially began in Ontario. First, exclusion from sports and social activities. What next? How far is it from here to prohibition to attend schools?

Why? We already know that the risk for the children is minimal and it does not prevent infection and transmission. So why?

Are we becoming the same kind of a society as Germany in the 1930s, Soviet Union in the 1960x and so on? Those that never asked questions and never got any answers until they arrived hard and painful way.

And this shows very clearly that no, they won't stop. They have a dogma they call it science but in fact it has little to do with reason that, for them, overrides all questions and concerns factual, ethical does not matter a grain. Just like the priests of old. We always know best and too bad for you. And they rule too.

We're a different country now from two years back. And a different kind of society as it looks.

Some nurses got some unwanted attention by stating a couple of days ago how  they would just like to pull the plugs of the unvaccinated patients. 

Perhaps an understandable outburst under the extreme work-strain. However, how did the vaccine help those patients who also ended up ion the hospital?

Tired of the experts. Nobody know the full story and if this new one turns out to be mild then good.  Maybe we will turn the corner. Hosp numbers i would like to see , is deaths caused by delays due to the unvaccinated taking up the beds. How many cancer treatments had to be cancelled and so on?

Edited by PIK

1 hour ago, -TSS- said:

Perhaps an understandable outburst under the extreme work-strain.

One can look at it this way: in the times of crisis most people look for two things: 1) an easy exit or at least a hope of it, a vision even unlikely or impossible; and 2) a scapegoat a quick and obvious cause of their problems. It was like that since old and forgotten, and looks like little has changed in human nature despite all the progress.

I think at this time we, the society need to know the answer to this simple question: outside of the higher risk group, that is a known problem with a number of possible approaches and solutions, how does the risk of a serious case of Covid compares to that from known conditions, like flu, common cold and such? Again: for an average, younger, healthy individual without serious complicating conditions? Can we have the answer, please?

This is not peer-reviewed science, just from personal experience working in the office I was in a regular daily contact with 20-30 colleagues. In the cold season on an average day couple of them could show some symptoms like regular coughing and some may be absent for a few days. Again, just from experience that's about 10% of direct contacts, and maybe your experience has been different. Now let a half of those cases be not related and 1/10 of the rest reported via any number of channels, family doctor, telehealth, pharmacy you name it. That is a half of a percent of adult working population may report symptomatic illness at the height of an infectious wave. In Canada that would be, plus or minus, 1/2 percent of 30 million population or 150,000 if math serves me right. This is an estimated number of symptomatic cases that could be reported if anyone cared to count them based on a personal experience. How does it compare with Covid?

Next, some of these infections resulted in more serious cases. How many? There's statistics from the US that showed 30,000-50,000 serious flu complications in a year. Then one can reasonably expect that in some cases the outcome may not have been linked to the initial cause; and in others, the cause could have been attributed to another condition. So the actual number of complications with flu/common cold can be reasonably expected to be somewhat higher, up to 0.02% of the population. And proportionally to the population, in Canada that would be 4,000 to 6,000 a year. The same question: how does it compare to Covid, now? For an average, younger and healthy individual without underlying conditions?

The implications of the answer are quite obvious. But can we get it, when and how and from where can we obtain a correct, objective, supported by evidence that can be examined, answer which is absolutely necessary for understanding and determining future course and making individual decisions in an informed, rational way? Clearly, the self-appointed expert community is not rushing with the answer and trying to obscure or divert from it with advice, measures, policies and recommendations but can we still have the answer, please? And why, for what reason, where and who their loyalty is to, I don't even want to begin to guess. But very clearly, the answer is needed. And if it cannot be gotten where one can reasonably expect it from, can we still find it via other means, and ways?

Edited by myata