Women to have to register for a military draft like men do?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/women-required-register-selective-amendment-100049010.html

Don’t know about this. On the one hand there is equality and all that but at the same time, shouldn’t women be protected do their ability to give birth and lack of fitness for combat? Would a real man really let his daughter be drafted into a war?

Josh Hawley and other conservatives are strongly against it

“I’m in favor of keeping the Selective Service, but I’m not in favor of forcing women to fight against their will,” Hawley said. “I do think there’s something about when it comes to national service ... If you’re an able-bodied young man ... you should be willing to take up arms and fight for this country.”

“Our country is extremely grateful for the brave women who have volunteered to serve our country with and alongside our fighting forces,” he said. “But volunteering for military service is not the same as being forced into it, and no women should be compelled to do so.”

“It is wrong to force our daughters, mothers, wives, and sisters to fight our wars,” Mr. Hawley said in a statement.

https://www.newspressnow.com/news/l...cle_5da35514-3ced-11ec-9eac-df7ef37a39fe.html

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/...n-registe/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

Looks like several Senator have signed on to Hawley’s amendment 

Hawley Continues Fight to Remove Female Draft Provision in NDAA

“As the U.S. Senate prepares to vote on this year’s NDAA, U.S. Senator Josh Hawley is calling on the Senate to take up a vote on his amendment to remove the provision currently in the bill that forces women to register for the U.S. Selective Service System

“Women have always made our armed services even stronger – but their decision to serve should be left up to them, not the government,” said Sen. Hawley. “I am proud that my sister bravely served in the U.S. Navy. Just like all the women before her, that was her choice. But our sisters, daughters, and wives shouldn’t be forced to do so.”

The full list of Senators cosponsoring Sen. Hawley’s amendment include Sens. Ted Cruz (Tex.), Tom Cotton (Ark.), Roger Marshall (Kan.), Roger Wicker (Miss.), Cindy Hyde-Smith (Miss.), Steve Daines (Mont.), James Lankford (Okla.), John Boozman (Ark.), Mike Lee (Utah), and Marco Rubio (Fla.). Text of the amendment can be found here.

https://www.hawley.senate.gov/hawley-continues-fight-remove-female-draft-provision-ndaa

Edited by 3500

I think the senator needs to come into the 21 century, where women have fought for equal rights to the point their rights are enshrined in law, They fought to have all military occupations open to women, and won, they fought to have standards lowered so more women could be entitled to serve in any occupation they wanted... And now we are saying hey i don't want my daughter to be drafted... Come on... where in the your constitution does it say women can not defend or fight for your country... It is not in there, They have equal rights , now get ready to use them...They have been incorporated into the US fighting forces, driven there by women's rights and human rights groups... time for thinking about draft restrictions is long past... buck up soldier, the battle is to your front. . grab your kit and start running to your trench. 

Your military is going to use draftees as combat replacements, for men and women who have been taken out of the order of battle for some reason or another, such as death or being wounded, or MIA... and i'm sure they are going to use common sense when they place them in various units, If they can perform to the same level or same standard who cares if they have breast or not, we all bleed the same color and in the states thats red , white and blue... don't want women in the draft then change everything else that goes along with it.. Women have served in combat positions since the beginning of time, and you don't need balls to pull a trigger just nerves of steel. I don't think this is a problem created by women, rather it is another attempt by men to exclude them. 

I've fought with and along side of women in our nations military, and i can say with confidence that those that made the standards could fight as good or better than i. and they paid the same price for our nation. infact i would dare someone to tell them other wise, you would be pulling their boot from your ass. ... They have paid for that right in sweat, blood and tears, serving one countries is no longer just a mans job... 

• Thanks 1