Majority of Canadians support firing of unvaccinated.

And at the same time the wise "travel from Wuhan" "don't blow on the crumbling system" managers would be raking obscene compensations and golden parachutes, just because this is how the things used to be two hundred years back. Wouldn't you just love to chip in half of your income and be recruited whenever the wise ones think necessary? What a modern idyll, and for the final touch let's call it a democracy!

• Confused 1

From March 2021

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210323/Dandelion-extract-inhibits-SARS-CoV-2-in-vitro.aspx

Dandelion extract inhibits SARS-CoV-2 in vitro

It's an interesting article, but it probably wasn't a good idea for these guys to release this info before they got some form of their concoction through some clinical trials: some people will blow it out of proportion while others will rush to create fake science to discredit it.

Edited by WestCanMan

54 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Second, this late in the pandemic, you could spend even more billions to increase the number of icu beds, and when they are ready, covid will be over, hopefully, and we will have a lot of empty, very expensive icu beds, until the next plague sweeps through in 40 or 50 years, by which time, they will be obsolete. Plus, you can increase the number of beds but staffing them will take a lot longer. I doubt the taxpayers are willing to do that. Just look at what happens when the Government adds a few cents onto a litre of gasoline.

It is a lot cheaper and more efficient to get everyone vaccinated. We may have to take Austria's solution. 

In the BC Forest Service, when there was a major fire, we conscripted people. "You are going to fight fire or go to jail."

I think the pandemic has uncovered more weaknesses in our health care system than just adding a few beds, it has proven All our major hospitals are ill prepared in beds , equipment like ventilators etc, every department is under staffed, not enough people cross trained to work in other departments, all of our PPE is made else where in the world and supply chain can easily be broken, same as our critical medical equipment, not to mention our long term care homes, no standards of health care to be provided , critical shortage of trained staff, basically a shit show from top to bottom...

As for pandemics it is not every 50 years, 1981-2000 aids was considered a pandemic, 2003 we had SAR's, 2009 we had H1N1, and now in 2020 we have Covid 19 so as pandemics go they are happening more often and getting deadlier. but despite all that we have learned nothing, nor done nothing.

Today we have medical personal working 12 to 18 hours a day, because they are short staffed, we have looked at making PPE here in Canada , i do not know if that is still an issue, but medical machines they to are unknown. additional ICU beds can be used for many different reasons, mass causality events, pandemics, natural disasters, Hospitals are being used to warehouse our elderly until beds open up in long term homes, to the point regular beds are in short supply as well...Perhaps we could go to a system like some European countries do, Free education, with for every year of schooling is a year you owe in public service until your debt is paid ..

Where is all this funding coming from, well no one blinked an eye when we spent 30 bil to start plus 9 bil each year for child care...the question has to be asked what is more important health care or child care spaces...i'm sure 39 bil would make a huge dent in our health care, and that is just one social program that could be looked at , there are a lot more that Justin could cancel...plus if there was anything that would trump anything else i would have put health care on the top of the list... while nice to haves like child care would be closer to the bottom.  

Now if it did mean higher taxes form a much improved health care system, sign me up, waiting more than 14 hours to see someone to get prescriptions renewed is crazy...

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2021 at 9:21 AM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8376304/covid-vaccine-refusal-termination-poll/

And I am one of them. Vaccination against Covid is NOT a choice you think you can have with your body because your chances of getting infected without full vaccine is much higher and hence the chances of transmission to others (your family, friends, innocent bystanders) are much higher. Governments can indeed mandate vaccination for the good of citizens same way they mandate the crossing of red traffic light or driving after drinking in order to protect the public.

If you are unvaccinated walking among us then you are the enemy and you should be treated as such.

Look comrade, the vaccinated people can still pass the covid virus onto others even if they are wearing a mask. Masks do not really work. That is a proven fact. Covid died off months ago, and is only being kept alive by our dear communist political leaders. It is all about power and control and nothing more. These political traitors to Canada and Canadians will never end this covid bull chit because they love the power and control that has been handed to them and over us and do not want to get rid of this covid bull chit. This covid lying game will go on and on until people like you wake the frig up and demand an end to this communist medical tyranny madness. If we do not do so now then we will all be facing more covid restrictions and the forced wearing of masks will never end. Stop allowing yourself to be placed into a constant state of fear and panic forever by these lying communist politicians and their lying controlled media. It's your call, comrade. ?

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Where is all this funding coming from, well no one blinked an eye when we spent 30 bil to start plus 9 bil each year for child care...

We got used to thinking that so many billions will buy us improvement. But what if it isn't exactly so, and the reality seems to be showing us patiently but persistently that it may not be so? We give our money to the bureaucracy, old, outdated, clumsy, slow and hugely inefficient and expensive bureaucracy. It, the bureaucracy spends most of it on itself, only to keep itself going another few years, as a monster elephant consuming all what it sees around. And on and if whatever is left, it's maintaining the services for the society, the whole and only reason it exists in the first place, on the level of a slow decay. Just a little bit more than last year and only a tiny bit worse, longer and so on.

My last family doctor, now retired, spent exactly 5 min each time I saw him. And now a new arch of searching for one, wish me luck. If this is not an aberration, a caricature of a 21st century G7 healthcare system, please show me one.

Edited by myata

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Look comrade, the vaccinated people can still pass the Covid-19 virus onto others even if they are wearing a mask. Masks do not really work. That is a proven fact.

Covid-19 died off months ago, and is only being kept alive by our dear communist political leaders. 

Not being judgmental here . . . but, would it be an assumption that you're not vaccinated for Covid-19?

5 hours ago, dialamah said:

3.  I sometimes think it could have been handled differently, or better.  But I'm not sure how.  Do you have any ideas?    While I would have expected the push for vaccines to end when about 80% of the population was vaccinated, I notice that it hasn't.  That makes me wonder why, but unlike others I don't think it's because governments around the world are looking for totalitarian rule.   However, if they are giving us all the relevant facts and information about the vaccine, then I'd agree that some of the policies are a bit overboard. 

As for "leave without pay", I think that's something that each organization should be allowed to decide for itself.  In BC, at least, the government does not require employers to have any kind of vaccination policy, but some decide to implement one anyway.  Do you think that's wrong?

I agree that refusing health care to unvaxed people is absolutely wrong.

4.  I don't know that we've established that this vaccine is any more dangerous than any other vaccine that people accept.  I know stuff has been posted here, but I'm skeptical since so many of the sources are not credible to me.   However, enough has been said that I'm keeping an eye out for more information that I feel is credible.

Separating vaxed from unvaxed might be workable some places; our workspace, not so much - we don't have enough room for everyone, and people are already literally sharing desks.  And while it's nice to say that employees should have nothing to worry about because of limiting unvaxed people from other places, some of the people who are more vulnerable to Covid wouldn't come to work at all if there were unvaxed people attending, even in another part of the floor.  

5. Governments are notoriously unprepared for almost anything.  And so are people.  We in the lower mainland all understand that the "big one" is coming, yet something like 15% are actually prepared for that event with emergency supplies and water.  Government should do better, of course, but then so should people.   

One problem that I see with adequate funds or preparation for emergencies are taxes.  Lower taxes are a huge selling point at election time, but lower taxes mean fewer services and less emergency preparation.  Unless the government goes into debt which many people don't like, and it gives the other side a reason to beat up on them at election time.   

6. I would also prefer a solution that didn't involve people losing income.   GM has a mandatory vax policy, starting Dec 12, so I'm not sure what you are referring to here.  And etsy is entirely online, so a vax policy wouldn't be necessary.  

8.  Yeah, I don't think vaccinating children is necessary.  It's odd that all of last year, kids went to school full time while authorities assured us that they weren't the ones passing the virus, but now they need vaccination?  Doesn't add up to me.  This one area where I think the government has gone overboard.

9.  Yes governments want to be re-elected.  If they failed to do everything possible to save lives and keep our health system running, they wouldn't get re-elected.   And in this situation, the people who want less done in regards to this virus are in the minority, so of course the government is going to cater to the majority, who want all the precautions possible.  And, I don't think a very long-term lockdown is practical, either - too much money lost, not only for people but also for the government.  So they just do a little bit of lockdown, some restrictions and let the economy come back.  

10.  Yes, that old saw comes to mind:  Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

3. Well to start with the military have given the PM a brief about this virus, from intel gather from other allied nations, plus our own military disease control, where they would have told him the seriousness of the virus, how infectious it is, and how fast if is spreading. 3 months before the first case arrived in Canada, there was no action on shortfalls of PPE, medical equipment or any precautions taken before hand... instead they baled at refusing entry from wuhan china or any other nation currently suffering from pandemic... Justin went on the media 3 weeks prior to closing our border and told people not to travel we do not know if we will allow you back in... 4 weeks later Canadians were still going on vacations despite restrictions, and then when they were stuck they whined about having to pay out of pocket... that border should have been closed to all traffic after he gave people a chance to return a week max...instead we allowed in 4 other variants coming from over seas...just a few things , im sure everyone could fill the rest of the list out..

4. No it is one that makes a lot more sense than say child care wouldn't you say...Government was handing out funding to business like candy, new office space could have been rented or expanded, all at the government expense.

Harry Rakowski of the National Post tells us how...

Canada can weather the rest of the pandemic without more harsh restrictions.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/harry-rakowski-canada-can-weather-the-rest-of-the-pandemic-without-more-harsh-restrictions-heres-how

Not crazy about his boosters for 5 year olds idea.

I'm with him on Regeneron and if there are problems or possible problems in the supply and care side stop whining and fix them. God knows our fearless leaders have spend more money on dumber things.

Edited by Infidel Dog

A snapshot for the posterity, Canada, second year of the pandemic. The morning begins with cheerful hurray, q-vaccinations open for your children! No need to switch news channels. A talking panel on TVO, that at some point I thought had some information content on boosting of children: unanimous and loud hurray!! Questions? Concerns? Heavens forbid how could we?!

A woman calling in a radio talking show: look we figured it out! Every time a non-vaccinated comes to our place, we ask them to do a rapid screening test. Next story on the news: outbreaks in NHL teams, hospitals and residences. No, does not connect, way past that. Reminds you of something?

What are the benefits against risks, for my child? What good would it do to the general society? Total silence, interspersed by outbreaks of applause and hurray.

On the positive side, now we know exactly how residential schools happened, the fields and so on. Not even through analysis and records, now can be seen with own eyes. Someone wise somewhere in a high office decided that it was a good thing to do. The bureaucrats below shouted yes my general, stomped, pens got busy screeching. The following morning papers came out with "hurray to the end of backwardness and poverty" and "hurray to the great new dawn". Nobody cared (or dared) to ask any questions.

Fast-forward a century and some on, and nothing has changed. A good thing to do, no questions asked, sail happily and blindly for two or some generations then see if it worked or regret and apology. Yes, apparently you can do that. Wow.

Edited by myata

Much to the point, roughly the same level of reason and intelligence. As in all news today, a new variant is here. Possibly with higher resistance to q-vaccines. So possibly, all eggs in one basket isn't going to work, again. And maybe, the nature is trying to tell us something patiently but persistently, like a mother. But of course, the exsperts always know better.

22 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

From March 2021

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210323/Dandelion-extract-inhibits-SARS-CoV-2-in-vitro.aspx

It's an interesting article, but it probably wasn't a good idea for these guys to release this info before they got some form of their concoction through some clinical trials: some people will blow it out of proportion while others will rush to create fake science to discredit it.

Thought you might be interested in this, since you have a young boy.

https://www.docdroid.net/gPQgNo9/my0cardltls-klds-pdf

It's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Until further data is gathered and a definition for an Adverse Event of Special Interest has been established, patients who develop pericarditis or myocarditis up to 42 days (6 weeks) should follow this guidance and should be reported to Public Health.

Apparently the data gathering and definition of what constitutes an Adverse Event have yet to be done.  As that Pfizer guy said, "We won't know until we start giving it."

I guess at least they are preparing for children to have heart issues.  I guess. I'm not sure many people understand the possible long-term effects of myocarditis.  I know in Adults, its a 50% mortality rate within 5 years. Maybe children fare better.  I hope so.

Edited by Goddess

On 11/25/2021 at 8:34 AM, dialamah said:

While I would have expected the push for vaccines to end when about 80% of the population was vaccinated, I notice that it hasn't.  That makes me wonder why, but unlike others I don't think it's because governments around the world are looking for totalitarian rule. 

Not everyone will have the same goal.  They guys at the top may be doing it for totalitarian control.  The guys under them might be doing it for control and/or money.  The useful idiots under them might be doing it for money and/or recognition.

When Fauci is withholding and destroying life-saving medications from the world and falsifying data and rewriting the Wiki pages and bios of any doctor or scientist who disagrees with him, WHY he is hell-bent on killing as many people as possible is immaterial.

There are still a ton of theories as to why Hitler did what he did.

29 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Thought you might be interested in this, since you have a young boy.

https://www.docdroid.net/gPQgNo9/my0cardltls-klds-pdf

It's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Apparently the data gathering and definition of what constitutes an Adverse Event have yet to be done.  As that Pfizer guy said, "We won't know until we start giving it."

I guess at least they are preparing for children to have heart issues.  I guess. I'm not sure many people understand the possible long-term effects of myocarditis.  I know in Adults, its a 50% mortality rate within 5 years. Maybe children fare better.  I hope so.

Thanks for that info Goddess.

I wish that there was a 'prognosis' section there but I guess that they can't publish anything that acknowledges the deadly effects of the vaccines.

The vax-Nazis don't want us to be able to weigh the risks of vaccinating vs not vaccinating kids, they just say "do it 'cause we said so". They fear monger by showing photos of a girl that died, but they won't talk about the kids that died or got myocarditis from the vaccine. 

Are kids getting myocarditis from covid as well? They won't even tell us that. 

I hate to wish the worst on anyone, but until someone from the MLB, NBA, NHL or NFL dies from the vaccine we're never going to hear the other side of the story. 

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/fully-vaccinated-ontario-man-dies-after-covid-19-sweeps-through-his-hockey-league-1.5642770

A fully vaccinated Ont man died 'of covid' that he (allegedly) got from his hockey league.

He got covid, which caused pneumonia, then he died of a stroke, but anyone who dies 'with covid' has that listed as a co-morbidity on their death cert. In the US over 94% of 'covid deaths' involve other causes of death as well. 

Anyhoo:

There were 15 COVID-19 cases linked to the hockey league and all were breakthrough infections in fully vaccinated people, officials in York Region said. 

Look at that from the practical point of view, that of the medical establishment. There are two essential options. The first, you are responsible for quality and effective management of a top-notch public healthcare system. You have well equipped and stuffed hospitals, competent personnel, best and latest treatments and at a cost that makes sense to the taxpayer. In an extreme event you take responsibility for 1) necessary and timely adaptations of the system, including resourcing, treatments etc. 2) providing correct, complete and timely information to the society and 3) offering competent and high quality advice that can be trusted by the public. And then your performance is measured by how well you achieved the objective that is, providing necessary services to the society.

There's another option too: you take responsibility for nothing. The system is under resourced and inefficient but that is not your fault. Your job was to treat patients with the best treatments, but your results are many times worse than what others have managed to do routinely. But you take no responsibility and instead shift it to the public, giving yourself another job, of writing policies and edicts. While still getting paid as though you were running a top-notch public healthcare system. And maybe a bit more, or possibly, not a bit.

Now the choice should be pretty clear. So which option would you choose?

Edited by myata

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

From the vax.

This has to be an different age group? Thanks for the link.

"More than 100 Ontario youth sent to hospital for vaccine-related heart problems: Report" (Toronto Sun)

"it skews heavily towards young people" has anybody any idea how they could be skewed in very young ages? Would any of the bandwagon folk take any responsibility?

Edited by myata

21 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Not being judgmental here . . . but, would it be an assumption that you're not vaccinated for Covid-19?

Sadly, I have to be honest with you here and admit that I have now been fully vaccinated. The only reason as to why I got myself fully vaccinated was because of my wife. My wife is now living in a care home, with dementia, and the care home would not allow me in to visit my wife if I was not fully vaccinated. 

So, I was left with no other choice but to get fully vaccinated so as to be able to visit and be with her because I did not know as to how much longer she would be around. I had to do what I had to do even though I was totally against getting vaccinated. Sometimes in life one has to bite the bullet to continue on. I was not happy about my decision, and it was a tough call for me to have to do, but what else was there for me to do? No vax, no visit. 

But I will still stand up for those who do not want to get vaccinated. A freedom of choice matter. ☺️

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Goddess said:

From the vax.

From what we know about C19 so far, that's insane.

Only 17 people in Canada under 20 yrs old died of covid so far, and from what we know for certain about covid, they would have all had serious health risks which aided in their deaths.

That means that healthy kids don't need the vax, unless there's some common, horrible side effect of C19 in healthy kids that we don't know about. 

But according to our gov't: "We should vax or healthy kids and expose them to deadly side-effects because..... Oh just do it, peons!"

If a kid dies just after vaxing, for no apparent reason, there's a lengthy investigation which we never get to hear about, but if there's a chance that a kid died of covid the health minster just burts out "COVID KILLED A KID!"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/hinshaw-apologizes-to-family-of-14-year-old-after-saying-he-died-from-covid-19-1.6210691

Alberta's top doctor delivered a public apology Thursday after saying earlier this week that a 14-year-old boy with other medical conditions had died from COVID-19.

While an initial report had indicated that COVID-19 was a secondary cause of the teen's death, a subsequent review has determined that not to be the case, Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Deena Hinshaw told a news conference.

"I first want to apologize to the family of the 14-year-old whose death I spoke about on Tuesday," she said after stepping to the podium.

"The pain of losing a child is terrible enough without having that loss compounded by a public debate about the circumstances.

"I am sorry if the way that I spoke about that just made your grief worse."

Fear-Mongering 101.