Well known environmentalist has small melt down and tries to incite some violence.

Army Guy

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

The best thing you can do is stay the hell away. Stay in your highrise condo, all you big-city hippie types. 

So we came to an agreement that you are the one in the condo and I am the one roaming freely in grizzly habitat to take inventory of what is there and what is being destroyed ????

The unfortunate reality is that people like you have no idea what is out  there; they have little appreciation for it; do not know what their actions do to it; do not know how it is being destroyed - one block at a time; and for this reason you become so detached and irrelevant to the cause of protecting it.

People like you expect only to find what they need in the stores.  They do not know or care where it came from, or what happened to the land that produced the item.  

Think twice and think harder.  I know that at least you can.?

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

And yet some how Suzuki is a hero to you, he has multiple homes, none of his home have green tech built in, all of which are heated by fossil fuels....he constantly travels and not on a bike or by walking  but by plane, train and automobile. he also owns a boat with is not towed by a fleet of dolphins but powered by fossil fuels he has made millions off of people just like you.... while he lives the life of Ryan... i think he is doing a great job setting the example for the rest of us... 

I do not know him and he is not a hero to me by any stretch of the imagination.  What I see is, he becomes the face of pipeline opposition and other environment related causes, which suits me just fine.   If he has a boat or wealth, so be it.  I have neither.   

At the end of the day a person with wealth will have more leverage than someone like me.  

I am sure he has more time to spend on conservation than I do too.

In summary, I do not care about the person.  I care about the cause and what this person can contribute to it.

20 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Care to share your suggestions . . . ?

First point on the list was to fire Nefareous Banana or stop his pension if he turns out retired.

It gets better from there on.?

Just now, Nefarious Banana said:

I don't believe you've sent anything of importance to the Minister of Environment.

It is of utmost importance, but how they will treat it is up to them.

You can bet I will not post it here to give myself more grief.

1 hour ago, cougar said:

You can bet I will not post it here to give myself more grief.

Why inform everyone of your 'important document' sent to the Minister of Environment . . . . then tell all involved it's too important for their review?

Again, I don't believe you've sent anything of importance to the Minister of Environment.

Carry on.

3 hours ago, cougar said:

So we came to an agreement that you are the one in the condo and I am the one roaming freely in grizzly habitat to take inventory of what is there and what is being destroyed ????

Agreement?? I wasn’t aware. One should never presume, because when we presume, we make a pre out of sumething, or something. 

In small towns one does not have anything like the stresses and level of hostility that you got in yer big cities. There is far less of a sense of alienation towards others. On the contrary, a sense of fellowship, of Community, and Kin. There is no need to get away, we are already there. Imagine people like neighbours knowing each other not only for years, but all their lives.

Meanwhile in Toronto, you might get a knuckle sandwich while riding the subway home from work.

That does not give people the right, imo, to trample on what remains of the natural world in some quest to escape the misery of big city urbanization, which they are the very product of, benefit from, and hate.

The merest presence of man in the bush can stop some animals from reproducing. Males can’t get a woody. I saw it on The Nature of Things. 

No wonder Suzuki’s pissed...

;) 

2 hours ago, cougar said:

It is of utmost importance, but how they will treat it is up to them.

Everything’s a climate emergency these days, so get in line.

I am drafting up my own letter as well. Get your grant money here.

The disadvantage, when the whole village cries wolf... ;) 

Edited by OftenWrong

58 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

In small towns one does not have anything like the stresses and level of hostility that you got in yer big cities. There is far less of a sense of alienation towards others.

You would think so, but it is not just the number of people but the dynamics as well.

I am in a small city and I can tell you there are constantly others coming out of the woodwork and laying hands on a chunk of land, stripping the trees and plonking a house, a shed, or something on top.  All the time and all over the place! I am nowhere to feeling friendly and welcoming to these aliens.  If it is up to me, they will never be able to settle here.  Then pipelines.....thousands of workers coming out of nowhere making a big mess.  Just bodies with little or no education and zero understanding.   It is not an established place that does not change from one year to the next, and this makes all the difference.

42 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Just wondering what a declared 'anti-everything' person would send to the Minister of Environment?

OK, you see you know what the letter may be about.

It was exactly that - an anti-everything letter with highlights on the consequences and suggestions of what should be done, or what I would have done.

I started the letter before the floods hit but I am sure there will be more and more similar events that will make those guys recall what I wrote to them  - of course if they ever bothered reading it.

Enough on the subject, NF.  I only mentioned it, because someone asked if I had ideas.

17 hours ago, cougar said:

The method of transportation is not the issue.  

The actual issue is how much we produce, transport, export and in the process, pollute the land and ocean.

If you actually gave a flying purple fuck about actual sustainability you and the rest of the mindless woke masses would not jump aboard the pure STUPIDITY of protesting pipelines. lt IS 100% about the method of transportation as the one you  idiots protest is by far the safest that results in increased use of by far THE most dangerous and polluting way of meeting your endless needs to consume (your REAL needs, not your virtue signaling BS crap)..  Pull your collective heads out of your asses and you will see that the problem is not immigration, it is population.   The loonie left seldom if EVER points out the exceedingly obvious: people use things and damage the environment but at 7 going on 8 billion we are long past the level where this planet is sustainable.  Devising more totally ridiculous ways of doing more of the same thing (Li ion battery electric vehicles - THE most polluting way of moving people and things around as a perfect example) not only delays but ACCERATES our trip to the end of sustainability.   The first thing to do, but the last thing the so-called "environmentalist" movement seems to be barely capable of understanding is to do LESS.   What really needs to be discussed is how to have SIGNIFICANTLY less population AND DO IT NOW.  Your ilk have neither the brains nor the balls to deal with any real issues in an effective way.

6 hours ago, cannuck said:

If you actually gave a flying purple fuck about actual sustainability you and the rest of the mindless woke masses would not jump aboard the pure STUPIDITY of protesting pipelines. lt IS 100% about the method of transportation as the one you  idiots protest is by far the safest that results in increased use of by far THE most dangerous and polluting way of meeting your endless needs to consume (your REAL needs, not your virtue signaling BS crap)..  Pull your collective heads out of your asses and you will see that the problem is not immigration, it is population.   The loonie left seldom if EVER points out the exceedingly obvious: people use things and damage the environment but at 7 going on 8 billion we are long past the level where this planet is sustainable.  Devising more totally ridiculous ways of doing more of the same thing (Li ion battery electric vehicles - THE most polluting way of moving people and things around as a perfect example) not only delays but ACCERATES our trip to the end of sustainability.   The first thing to do, but the last thing the so-called "environmentalist" movement seems to be barely capable of understanding is to do LESS.   What really needs to be discussed is how to have SIGNIFICANTLY less population AND DO IT NOW.  Your ilk have neither the brains nor the balls to deal with any real issues in an effective way.

And I am expected to respond to that?  With some of the same crap maybe?  

My experience tells me those who don't get it the first time never get it.

16 hours ago, cougar said:

I am in a small city and I can tell you there are constantly others coming out of the woodwork and laying hands on a chunk of land, stripping the trees and plonking a house, a shed, or something on top.  All the time and all over the place! I am nowhere to feeling friendly and welcoming to these aliens.  If it is up to me, they will never be able to settle here. 

Then pipelines.....thousands of workers coming out of nowhere making a big mess.  Just bodies with little or no education and zero understanding.   It is not an established place that does not change from one year to the next, and this makes all the difference.

Contrary perspective from you, a self proclaimed 'alien' . . .

You stated previously that you immigrated from a middle European country and have been in Canada for twenty years, and now want everyone around you to live to your 'alien' standard of no growth. 

Others may think that if you're so angry, arrogant, and argumentative concerning anything that you don't agree with, that you have the option of leaving.  I openly say to you . . . . if you don't like it, go back to where you came from.

Anger and arrogance seem to be a common trait of the eco-terrorists that we have dealt with in the forest industry. David Suzuki was arrogant enough to make his pipeline/explosion statement - then retract/apologize for it.  Is David Suzuki's mindset yours also?

Those of us employed in the resource industries are very wary of your type.  

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 1:07 PM, cougar said:

I do.  Sent the plans to the new Minister of Environment already with copies to the BC premier and Trudeau.

The ball is with them now.

But you have to think carefully about your own impacts on the environment and what you personally can do and contribute.  Shifting the blame elsewhere will not fix it.

As if your plans will be looked at by your dear comrade political leaders. I have sent many letters to many politicians in the past, and I have never received a reply from any of them. So, what makes you think that they are going to give a crap about your environmental plans? Just asking. 

Personally, I believe that what you should be doing now is to end your reliance on fossil fuels and go live in the bush somewhere for awhile. Try living in the bush for a couple of years, and lets see how long you will want to continue living and enjoying your life in a fossil fuel free environment. That way you would helping immensely in trying to defeat this terrible climate crisis that we are supposedly in right now. If you are going to do the talk then it is time to do the walk. Otherwise, quit with the nonsense crap and stop worrying about the environment. There is nothing you or me can do about the environment.

Geez, even Joe BiDumb and many other buffoons that were at the conference on climate change in Davos, Switzerland were caught sleeping on the job during their(I don't want to be here feelings)attendance at the great globalist reset global climate crisis conference in Switzerland. 

Do you own a vehicle? Do you live in or own a home? Do you watch TV, own a cellphone, use kitchen appliances etc? They all use fossil fuels, don't you know? So, what have you given up to help fight this scary climate crisis nonsense?

Well? ?

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2021 at 1:13 PM, cougar said:

The unfortunate reality is that people like you have no idea what is out  there; they have little appreciation for it; do not know what their actions do to it; do not know how it is being destroyed - one block at a time; and for this reason you become so detached and irrelevant to the cause of protecting it.

People like you expect only to find what they need in the stores.  They do not know or care where it came from, or what happened to the land that produced the item.  

Think twice and think harder.  I know that at least you can.?

I have no problem with doing all of my hunting and fishing at Safeway. ?

21 hours ago, cougar said:

You would think so, but it is not just the number of people but the dynamics as well.

I am in a small city and I can tell you there are constantly others coming out of the woodwork and laying hands on a chunk of land, stripping the trees and plonking a house, a shed, or something on top.  All the time and all over the place! I am nowhere to feeling friendly and welcoming to these aliens.  If it is up to me, they will never be able to settle here.  Then pipelines.....thousands of workers coming out of nowhere making a big mess.  Just bodies with little or no education and zero understanding.   It is not an established place that does not change from one year to the next, and this makes all the difference.

Canada uses about 5% of it's land mass. There is still another 95% of land left to build on. Geez, even if you tear down some trees and build something where those trees stood, you would still have plenty of land to go hiking in left. This is why that when you only listen to the leftist lying liberal establishment gurus all the time, you will never learn a bloody thing. 

Believe me when I say that there are always two sides to every story. It's about time that you take the time to listen to what the other side of the story has to say. If all that you are going to do is just listen to, owner of four homes Suzuki, all the time you will never learn anything except how to become stupid and dumb in five minutes. Suzuki does more talking than walking. Suzuki is just another globalist suck buffoon. 

Between covid and this climate crisis nonsense, I do not know which is worse. They both appear to be involved in wanting to take more rights and freedoms away from us all. They both need to be ignored and dumped now.

Just my opinion of course. ?

9 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

1.David Suzuki was arrogant enough to make his pipeline/explosion statement - then retract/apologize for it.  Is David Suzuki's mindset yours also?

2.Those of us employed in the resource industries are very wary of your type.  

1.  He is not extreme enough for my liking.  I would have gone a few miles further

2. You should be.?

You know I can sabotage your operations but why do so and risk my freedom?  Nature will do it all for me at no extra cost.  Every few months and the province is bombed one way or another.  I cannot achieve that much even if I tried.

Edited by cougar

4 hours ago, taxme said:

As if your plans will be looked at by your dear comrade political leaders. I have sent many letters to many politicians in the past, and I have never received a reply from any of them. So, what makes you think that they are going to give a crap about your environmental plans? Just asking.

What they read is entirely up to them.  My conscience is clear - I have told them where they are headed.

4 hours ago, taxme said:

Canada uses about 5% of it's land mass. There is still another 95% of land left to build on

This statement is insane.

I have no problem with peaceful protests which DON'T impede the general public in any way. It does not bother me if climate change alarmists stop using oil and gas and stop enjoying enormous benefits derived from them. If they want to have a carbon footprint that is absolutely zero that's fine with me.( David Suzuki should not be the poster boy for climate change zealots.)

There is no need for violence or destruction. Or fearmongering.

Historic Flooding That Happened Before | Climate Discussion Nexus

10 hours ago, cougar said:

He is not extreme enough for my liking

Exactly. Just as I alluded to in my earlier diatribe, about Dr. Suzuki.

Now he has planted a seed in the minds of his followers- to protect the environment, we shall commit violence. Apologies and retractions don’t erase the sound-bite, bubble, information packet de jour, ipso facto, factum, fact. Feckless, if you know where I’m going with this.

Final descent of end-stage liberalism: Dropping of all pretences. A call to arms. Initiate the final solution.

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Exactly. Just as I alluded to in my earlier diatribe, about Dr. Suzuki.

Now he has planted a seed in the minds of his followers- to protect the environment, we shall commit violence. Apologies and retractions don’t erase the sound-bite, bubble, information packet de jour, ipso facto, factum, fact. Feckless, if you know where I’m going with this.

Final descent of end-stage liberalism: Dropping of all pretences. A call to arms. Initiate the final solution.

the environmentalists always sound incredulous that the cause doesn't catch on

but with these extremist fake environmentalist clowns gumming up the works

and many of the real environmentalists either looking the other way or actively supporting them

it's obvious why it doesn't

people like cougar and Suzuki are why the cause isn't taken as seriously as it could be

and they have no one to blame but themselves, no matter how many fingers they point elsewhere

their brand of extremism poisons the well, plain and simple

way to undermine your own stated cause, you fools

Edited by Yzermandius19