Strong evidence that everything was created by an intelligent designer: God.

blackbird

11 minutes ago, blackbird said:

No, it is not dishonest to say God created everything without having to explain how he created it.

Its dishonest to hold different evidence of value for science, if you read my post. If Science stated the universe was created with faith in science we would have the same "evidence" of science creation of the universe. 

13 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Why do you assume someone must explain it to you before you will believe it?

Is this a serious question? If I told you I made the universe you would just believe me, just like that?

13 minutes ago, blackbird said:

What gives anyone the right to demand to be told how God created everything? 

Because how do we know God created anything? 

14 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You cannot just assert you created the universe simply because you are not God as I explained above.

But I am God, why do you keep disbelieving. Would you like proof or evidence?

16 minutes ago, blackbird said:

It is supernatural.

Great what is supernatural and how does one determine if something is supernatural or not?

14 hours ago, blackbird said:

This article has philosophical arguments for God.  the introduction says this:

"Why think God exists? Skeptics often demand that theists need to conclusively prove that God is there before either of us can believe He is there. But just because I may not be able to convince a skeptic that God exists doesn’t mean I cannot know God exists. God can reveal Himself to people in numerous ways, some of which don’t involve arguments. For instance, the Spirit Himself testifies to Christians’ spirits that we are God’s children (Romans 8:16). And God can also withdraw knowledge of Himself (Romans 1:18–32). I don’t have to be a master debater for God to reveal himself to me sufficiently to know that He exists. See Agnosticism for more information.

If an argument is sound and solid, it acts as a sign pointing to God.In fact, there is no such thing as a ‘conclusive proof’, if by this one means an argument that compels universal acceptance. No argument can make people believe its conclusion.

Correct. No argument is proof. 

If you wanted to be real and relevant to people, you would have to show yourself. Right?

Why does your imaginary God not show himself?

Do children of God not deserve to know who their father is?

Regards

DL

14 hours ago, blackbird said:

No, it is not dishonest to say God created everything without having to explain how he created it. 

If you cannot prove or give evidence that is conclusive, then you are lying.

If it is not dishonest for you, then I am also being honest when I say Satan created everything.

Your double standard is immoral and dishonest.

Regards

DL

On 11/15/2021 at 10:22 PM, blackbird said:

There is an interesting article which gives strong evidence why we had to have a Creator God who designed and created everything.  At the time of Darwin's theory of evolution in about 1859, little or nothing was known about one of the most basic life forms, the cell.  All living things are made up of cells.  At that time it was thought to be not much more than a blob and not much thought was given to it.  Since then, science has led to immense discoveries about the living cell and how it operates.  It turns out to be extremely complex.  Embedded in this article are several short video clips of around a minute or so each showing how complex the operations of a cell are and how unlikely such a complex system could just come about by evolution or without a designer.

"Note that this whole system (DNA, RNA and fully functional enzyme machinery) must be present in any living cell. To get enzymes you need RNA, to get RNA you need DNA, to get DNA you need enzymes … get the picture? No one has any idea how such a sophisticated set of nanomachines could have made themselves without intelligent design. This had to be designed by a super-intelligence. This is one characteristic of the Creator of all described in the Bible: omniscient / all knowing."

Created or evolved - creation.com

There is no evidence of such, merely pontifications on belief.  

On 1/18/2022 at 10:46 AM, French Patriot said:

If you cannot prove or give evidence that is conclusive, then you are lying.

If it is not dishonest for you, then I am also being honest when I say Satan created everything.

Your double standard is immoral and dishonest.

Regards

DL

It is just "believing".  Something modernity should avoid as a practice altogether.  We either think so, do not think so, are thinking about, or we simply do not know.  "Believing in" is bullshit.

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

What's your explanation of how extremely complex things such as cell or sub atomic particles came into existence?

To assert that I, or you, can or must explain any of that, asserts human beings own, per their male dominator god given hierarchy on planet earth, must have answers for everything.  The self-absorbed hubris of religiosos is astounding.  

"19  Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. {in them: or, to them} 20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"  Romans 1:19, 20 KJV

This verse in the Bible points out the reality of God has been made known to mankind by the fact of the creation.  The obvious complexity of the creation demonstrates to man that it required an intelligent designer, an Almighty God, of infinite power (omnipotent), infinite knowledge (omniscient), and omnipresent.  This is the reason why it says "the fool hath said in his heart there is no God" Psalm 14:1 KJV  

1 minute ago, H B Lowrey said:

To assert that I, or you, can or must explain any of that, asserts human beings own, per their male dominator god given hierarchy on planet earth, must have answers for everything.  The self-absorbed hubris of religiosos is astounding.  

So you admit you have no answer but you dismiss anyone else's belief that we had to have an intelligent designer when the evidence is all around you. 

10 minutes ago, H B Lowrey said:

You are aware that the Bible, which goes back 3,500 years and was written by prophets and apostles who witnessed the power of God over a period of 1,500 years speaks completely against your position.

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You are aware that the Bible, which goes back 3,500 years and was written by prophets and apostles who witnessed the power of God over a period of 1,500 years speaks completely against your position.

Grew up in the church.  Got that version, yeah.  Mom was the church choir director and pianist, Gma was the church organist.  Grew up singing in the choir.  Bible school, retreats, all a that.  Both protestant and catholic, straddled that silly fence.  Was that it then?  You want me to read the bible and agree with you?

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

In fact the bible was written about 60 years after the death of Christ. 

There was no God as you know it for  1500 years before Christ nor did anyone witness any power of God.  That is a complete myth as there has never been a God evidenced since the beginning of time.  That's a fact  unless you are the only one with evidence to contradict that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colin Norris said:

In fact the bible was written about 60 years after the death of Christ. 

There was no God as you know it for  1500 years before Christ nor did anyone witness any power of God.  That is a complete myth as there has never been a God evidenced since the beginning of time.  That's a fact  unless you are the only one with evidence to contradict that. 

Quote The Old Testament contains 39 (Protestant), 46 (Catholic), or more (Orthodox and other) books, divided, very broadly, into the Pentateuch (Torah), the historical books, the "wisdom" books and the prophets.[4]  Unquote - Wikipedia 

The account given in Genesis, the first book of the Bible, gives an account of the creation of everything including Adam and Eve, the first humans about six thousand years ago.  The first five books of the Bible were written by Moses, who lived about 1570 B.C. or 3,570 years ago.  Moses was sent by God to bring the nation of Israel out of slavery of Egypt 1,491 B.C. or 3,491 years ago.  The Jews still celebrate the Passover, which took place in Egypt about 1,491 B.C. or 3,491 years ago shortly before the Israelites were led out of Egypt by Moses.  Exodus tells how God performed many miracles to force the Pharoah to let the Israelites leave Egypt under the leadership of Moses.  The Passover is strong evidence that the account of the Israelite' captivity and God using Moses to bring them out of captivity in Egypt actually happened as described in Exodus, the second book of the Bible.  The fact the Jews still celebrate the Passover today means it actually occurred as recorded in the Bible.  The Old Testament was written over a period of 1,200  years beginning about 3,570 years ago and completed about 400 B.C. or 2,400 years ago.  It was accurately copied and handed down through the ages by the Jewish scribes who were very meticulous in copying and caring for it.  

The Old Testament has many events demonstrating the miraculous power of God.  One would have to read it to find out.  This website gives a long list of miracles God performed:

Miracles in the Old Testament - Bible History (bible-history.com)

This site gives a timeline of the Old Testament.

What is the basic timeline of the Old Testament? (compellingtruth.org)

The original Passover, found in the Bible, is a memorial to God passing over the houses of the children of Israel when He killed the firstborn of man and beast in Egypt. This miraculous event and its meaning occurred during the night of the fourteenth of the Hebrew month Nisan. It is not a memorial of the Israelites' exodus out of Egypt.

'On that night I will go through the land of Egypt, killing every first-born male, both human and animal, and punishing all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord. The blood on the doorposts will be a sign to mark the houses in which you live. When I see the blood, I will PASS OVER (from where we get the term Passover) you . . . (Exodus 12)   Unquote

The New Testament was completed by about 90 A.D. by the apostles and prophets who were eyewitnesses of the resurrected Christ or had direct knowledge from eyewitnesses of Christ themselves.  You mentioned the figure 60 years, which is very close to the period the New Testament was completed, which is within 60 years after the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ.

Edited by blackbird

8 hours ago, H B Lowrey said:

Grew up in the church.  Got that version, yeah.  Mom was the church choir director and pianist, Gma was the church organist.  Grew up singing in the choir.  Bible school, retreats, all a that.  Both protestant and catholic, straddled that silly fence.  Was that it then?  You want me to read the bible and agree with you?

Your experiences gave you a taste of religion but perhaps you never were properly taught the truth of the Bible.  I don't know what your knowledge of the Bible was or what you believed then or now.

See my comment about the history and accounts in the Bible of God's miraculous power.  Whether you agree or not doesn't change the fact that countless miracles and events are recorded in the Bible adding to it's authenticity as coming from God.

The simple fact is a complex universe required an intelligent designer.  Complex things which operate under complex physical laws do not just happen themselves.  They require intelligence behind them.

12 hours ago, H B Lowrey said:

It is just "believing".  Something modernity should avoid as a practice altogether.  We either think so, do not think so, are thinking about, or we simply do not know.  "Believing in" is bullshit.

Could not deal with your dishonesty I see.

No sweat.

Believing is subject to facts.

You have seen pictures of some of the dead or dying deformed babies that you intelligent God created just to die after a brief life.

Your bible also says that God creates good and evil for his pleasure.

Tell us what pleasure your God gets from creating such abominations?

Regards

DL

12 hours ago, blackbird said:

You are aware that the Bible, which goes back 3,500 years and was written by prophets and apostles

They lied, thanks to God.

Yes, God lies by proxy;

He sends prophets or lying spirits to deceive.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee. 1 Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets. 2 Chronicles 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people. Jeremiah 4:10

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jeremiah 20:7

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet. Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. 2 Thessalonians 2:11

God is the greatest liar.

Whose name would you put above his for anything, including evil?

No breaking the first commandment now!

Regards

DL

Edited by French Patriot
gh

4 hours ago, blackbird said:

The account given in Genesis, the first book of the Bible, gives an account of the creation of everything including Adam and Eve,

Not quite accurate.

In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 2Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam,

Yahweh is androgynous.

Christianity had to invent a rib woman.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Regards

DL

2 hours ago, French Patriot said:

Could not deal with your dishonesty I see.

No sweat.

Believing is subject to facts.

You have seen pictures of some of the dead or dying deformed babies that you intelligent God created just to die after a brief life.

Your bible also says that God creates good and evil for his pleasure.

Tell us what pleasure your God gets from creating such abominations?

Regards

DL

Try to digest the post again you're responding to.  You're way off base here, find yourself a believer.  

15 hours ago, blackbird said:

So you admit you have no answer but you dismiss anyone else's belief that we had to have an intelligent designer when the evidence is all around you. 

What you are being told is that I will not follow you.  Furthermore, anyone as dismissive as you are had better be prepared to be ignored.  Go do what you do boo.  I don't mind.  Take your perceptual reality and go be happy.

18 minutes ago, H B Lowrey said:

What you are being told is that I will not follow you.  Furthermore, anyone as dismissive as you are had better be prepared to be ignored.  Go do what you do boo.  I don't mind.  Take your perceptual reality and go be happy.

Says one who dismisses everything himself.   Because you have no answers other than you deny God and the truth.