government appealing indigenous child welfare ruling

whats everyone's opinion on this should the childen  be getting money i believe they are trying to get them 40,000 each?   and i believe there is up to 50,000 people that would qualify for it. i personally think we are in 2 much debt as it is and don't have the money to keep paying out for everything right now.

Edited by EastCanada90
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2021 at 9:34 AM, EastCanada90 said:

whats everyone's opinion on this should the childen  be getting money i believe they are trying to get them 40,000 each?   and i believe there is up to 50,000 people that would qualify for it. i personally think we are in 2 much debt as it is and don't have the money to keep paying out for everything right now.

The ruling gives $40,000 to each person who was apprehended by child welfare whether they were abused or not and whether they were in the care of a foster home for one day, one week, one month, six months or five years.  Simply being placed in a foster home should not warrant receiving compensation.  Children were placed there because they were in danger in their natural parent's or where they were living.  We had a couple native children for a week or so.  The ten year old told us the male adult in their home had put her hand on the hot stove to teach her something.  Should they get $40,000 each for being protected from brutal behavior?  Many of these kids were apprehended to protect them and there was no other place to put them.  Our human rights tribunals should be abolished.  They are out of control. Also the human rights tribunal that ordered it has no jurisdiction to make such a ruling which could cost Canadians billions of dollars.  That is why the government has been trying to appeal it.  The government is willing to fairly compensate those who were really abused, but if one was treated well in a foster home, I don't see how they are entitled to tens of thousands of dollars.  I cannot believe that 50,000 children were abused in foster homes.  Claiming deprivation of culture or native language doesn't cut it.  Provincial government's child welfare systems did the best they could with the only system that was available at the time. This could cost Canadians billions of dollars.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 3

On 10/31/2021 at 1:34 PM, EastCanada90 said:

Well the new 10 dollar a day daycare is going to cost some where around 70 billion, and I'm sure as shit paying off the indigenous is not going to cost that much...or how about pharma care, or paid sick leave, all going to cost billions upon billions , and we just spent 380 bil without batting an eye... tell me again why we can not afford it... you voted NDP, they have a shit tonne of social programs they want to bring in...

12 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Well the new 10 dollar a day daycare is going to cost some where around 70 billion, and I'm sure as shit paying off the indigenous is not going to cost that much...or how about pharma care, or paid sick leave, all going to cost billions upon billions , and we just spent 380 bil without batting an eye... tell me again why we can not afford it... you voted NDP, they have a shit tonne of social programs they want to bring in...

10 dollar  daycare  paid sick leave and pharma care are all things that are reasonable and help everybody.. so i got no problem with those.

11 hours ago, EastCanada90 said:

10 dollar  daycare  paid sick leave and pharma care are all things that are reasonable and help everybody.. so i got no problem with those.

So if your ok with spending mountains of tax dollars helping out everyone just not our indigenous people is that what your saying. It's OK to pay out billions for really no reason at all, but when people have been wronged it is different....All those things are not essential you listed are not needed for life and liberty, just another form of welfare, another reason to get hooked on the government giving you everything... More programs mean more taxes, but i get it you love government money just not your own...

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Army Guy said:

So if your ok with spending mountains of tax dollars helping out everyone just not our indigenous people is that what your saying. It's OK to pay out billions for really no reason at all, but when people have been wronged it is different....All those things are not essential you listed are not needed for life and liberty, just another form of welfare, another reason to get hooked on the government giving you everything... More programs mean more taxes, but i get it you love government money just not your own...

well first of all   those programs you mentioned would help everyone meaning.. indigenous also lol so nice try saying i dont want to help them.. and no thats not what i am saying. pay them for residential schools abuse  and this also but guarenteed not all 50,000 were abused   in foster care  so lots would be getting money  for no reason.  

and what is wrong with 10$ a day childcare? it is  seriously needed  for alot of people .

Edited by EastCanada90

On 11/3/2021 at 2:04 PM, EastCanada90 said:

well first of all   those programs you mentioned would help everyone meaning.. indigenous also lol so nice try saying i dont want to help them.. and no thats not what i am saying. pay them for residential schools abuse  and this also but guarenteed not all 50,000 were abused   in foster care  so lots would be getting money  for no reason.  

and what is wrong with 10$ a day childcare? it is  seriously needed  for alot of people .

Not sure if you have kids or not, but lets assume you do, would you think it was abuse if the RCMP came into your house seized your children by force if needed and sent them gods no where, only to be returned to you after school was completed. I mean whats 12 years of someone life... then they would be returned back to their family who would not even know them, really... Thats got to be normal right...well it's not abuse because it does not happen to your family right... I'm not a big fan on how this nation treats its indigenous population, but as a nation we hit have been screwing over these people for way to long... I really hope we pay out the ass for these settlements, if we can pay some terrorist 10 million, for fighting against his own nation, i think we could do better than 40,000 k per person.

The program cost  billions and billions a year to operate, you tell me what wrong with it, if we are already operating in the red where do you think we are getting all this funding, well big guy they are going to raise our taxes, i like my money... maybe you don't but we already pay to much for free loaders... Here is an idea , we should all live within our means, can't afford daycare stay home...find other means, what did we do in the 80's, 90's, 2000...  

11 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Not sure if you have kids or not, but lets assume you do, would you think it was abuse if the RCMP came into your house seized your children by force if needed and sent them gods no where, only to be returned to you after school was completed. I mean whats 12 years of someone life... then they would be returned back to their family who would not even know them, really... Thats got to be normal right...well it's not abuse because it does not happen to your family right... I'm not a big fan on how this nation treats its indigenous population, but as a nation we hit have been screwing over these people for way to long... I really hope we pay out the ass for these settlements, if we can pay some terrorist 10 million, for fighting against his own nation, i think we could do better than 40,000 k per person.

The program cost  billions and billions a year to operate, you tell me what wrong with it, if we are already operating in the red where do you think we are getting all this funding, well big guy they are going to raise our taxes, i like my money... maybe you don't but we already pay to much for free loaders... Here is an idea , we should all live within our means, can't afford daycare stay home...find other means, what did we do in the 80's, 90's, 2000...  

lol daycare is well needed..  what did you do join the army for 20 years then get a  "overpayed pension"?  please dont lecture others to live in there means  the government is there 2 help and nothing is wrong with 10$ a day  daycare.. you sound like a old man whos pissed because you couldnt have it in the 80s 90s   no one should have it now.

On 11/5/2021 at 9:24 AM, EastCanada90 said:

lol daycare is well needed..  what did you do join the army for 20 years then get a  "overpayed pension"?  please dont lecture others to live in there means  the government is there 2 help and nothing is wrong with 10$ a day  daycare.. you sound like a old man whos pissed because you couldnt have it in the 80s 90s   no one should have it now.

It is not needed it is a nice to have, and at it's price tag to expensive...and i worked 34 years in some of the most hostile work places known to man..., with more than 8 over seas tours in some of the worlds least known vacation spots, Afghanistan, Bosnia, Rwanda, Sinai Desert all quite nice this time of the year or so they say at the recruiting office...., except the few bad guys trying to shoot at you...

Thats how i got my "overpaid pension" i worked for that pension. and while it does not compare to the RCMP or Ministers or all the most of the other federal departments.. I do not complain...it was not just given to me because i am good looking, OK maybe it is ... But every Canadian with a grade 12 education can step forward and join, unless of course you don't do so well on the attitude tests, or physical... and if they all live to the end 20 years which = 40 % of the best 5 years or up to 35 years= 70 % of your best 5 years...And while i don't live in trump towers i do better than the average maritimer...

You do know that you had the same opportunity as i did, the government does hire Maritimers as well, the military is actually over run with them...The same goes for all those families that have for generations collected welfare, or drawn poggy while earning a 6 figure income doing seasonal fishing...

Edited by Army Guy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Army Guy said:

It is not needed it is a nice to have, and at it's price tag to expensive...and i worked 34 years in some of the most hostile work places known to man..., with more than 8 over seas tours in some of the worlds least known vacation spots, Afghanistan, Bosnia, Rwanda, Sinai Desert all quite nice this time of the year or so they say at the recruiting office...., except the few bad guys trying to shoot at you...

Thats how i got my "overpaid pension" i worked for that pension. and while it does not compare to the RCMP or Ministers or all the most of the other federal departments.. I do not complain...it was not just given to me because i am good looking, OK maybe it is ... But every Canadian with a grade 12 education can step forward and join, unless of course you don't do so well on the attitude tests, or physical... and if they all live to the end 20 years which = 40 % of the best 5 years or up to 35 years= 70 % of your best 5 years...And while i don't live in trump towers i do better than the average maritimer...

You do know that you had the same opportunity as i did, the government does hire Maritimers as well, the military is actually over run with them...The same goes for all those families that have for generations collected welfare, or drawn poggy while earning a 6 figure income doing seasonal fishing...

34 years  good for you..      and please only boat owners make 6 figures in fishing   it's not like the whole fishing commnity does lol.. and since  childcare  for everyoneis 2 expensive according to you .. maybe its time we  look at those expensive military pensions old man and cut some of them also :)

Edited by EastCanada90

6 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

34 years  good for you..      and please only boat owners make 6 figures in fishing   it's not like the whole fishing commnity does lol.. and since  childcare  for everyoneis 2 expensive according to you .. maybe its time we  look at those expensive military pensions old man and cut some of them also :)

It's not just boat owners my wife's brother is a crewman on a lobster/ crab/herring boat and last year he made 109,000 in wages, plus got to go on poggy because he was seasonal. And as he explains it their boat does have a large quota, but there are plenty of other boats with larger quota's...and while it is a dangerous job it also pays well atleast in his case, and the captains wages are much higher and they to are considered seasonal.

Child care is 30 bil to start over 5 years and 9.5 bil a every year after...and it is not for everyone it is just for a segment of the population with kids. And hey cut the pensions it is the only thing the government has not screwed us over on.... 

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

It's not just boat owners my wife's brother is a crewman on a lobster/ crab/herring boat and last year he made 109,000 in wages, plus got to go on poggy because he was seasonal. And as he explains it their boat does have a large quota, but there are plenty of other boats with larger quota's...and while it is a dangerous job it also pays well atleast in his case, and the captains wages are much higher and they to are considered seasonal.

Child care is 30 bil to start over 5 years and 9.5 bil a every year after...and it is not for everyone it is just for a segment of the population with kids. And hey cut the pensions it is the only thing the government has not screwed us over on.... 

do you go annoy him and yell in his face how he shouldn't have poggy  like you do on here? if so i bet he doesnt like you so much lol.  he is a exception.. no crew  member around here makes 100k in wages lol.

Speaking of governments in Canada spending money like it was growing on trees, I heard Saskatchewan gives fathers four months of paid maternity leave when wives have a baby.  Meanwhile the federal government is promising billions of dollars for third world countries to help fight climate change.   And some wonder why people are distrustful and dislike governments.  Governments in Canada are out of control and spend taxpayer's money like it grows on trees. 

Edited by blackbird
  • Thanks 1

On 11/7/2021 at 4:23 PM, EastCanada90 said:

do you go annoy him and yell in his face how he shouldn't have poggy  like you do on here? if so i bet he doesnt like you so much lol.  he is a exception.. no crew  member around here makes 100k in wages lol.

Ya i do, and he is a lot like you a whinner that thinks he has this huge entitlement, and your right he does not like me, but then again i did not marry him. A free loader is nothing more than a free loader. the average wage in NB is 36,000 i bet the fishermen around your place earn more than that...  if they don't they are not very good at fishing maybe should try another profession. or atleast start up the boat and fish off shore and not from the dock.

On 11/8/2021 at 7:24 PM, Army Guy said:

Ya i do, and he is a lot like you a whinner that thinks he has this huge entitlement, and your right he does not like me, but then again i did not marry him. A free loader is nothing more than a free loader. the average wage in NB is 36,000 i bet the fishermen around your place earn more than that...  if they don't they are not very good at fishing maybe should try another profession. or atleast start up the boat and fish off shore and not from the dock.

lol alot of  them just fish lobster for the 2 months making 1000-1500  a week. then  dont fish anything else here.  and i don't blame him for not liking you.   there is nothing wrong with being in fishery.. 

On 11/10/2021 at 11:53 AM, EastCanada90 said:

lol alot of  them just fish lobster for the 2 months making 1000-1500  a week. then  dont fish anything else here.  and i don't blame him for not liking you.   there is nothing wrong with being in fishery.. 

Then they are not looking to hard for the next job....this is just a question why is it we expect OIL and Gas workers to get retrained to do something else but these poor bastards are stuck with just fishing lobster, and PS there are not that many boats that do not have multi licenses for other fish, I don't blame him for not liking me, i barely like me, but he is still a waste of skin and a taker. He's told me many times why should he not take what he can, everyone else is doing it...ring a bell yet.... now there is a good typical Canadian value, gimme gimme gimme and screw everyone else...gone are the days when someone worked hard for what they had and were proud about it...to proud to go on welfare, or unemployment....

In todays world if you can not get a job, it's because your deaf, blind and dumb with no arms or legs...and if you need 2 then help yourself 

I did not say there was anything wrong with being in the fishing industry, they just need to get off the government tits thats all. along with a long list of other Maritimes playing the system.

On 11/7/2021 at 10:52 AM, Army Guy said:

I like the Conservative plan better.  The Liberals and NDP want to provide $10 a day childcare for working mothers.  The Conservatives prefer to give families a large tax benefit so families can decide for themselves whether the mother should go out to work or stay at homes and look after the kids.  Giving families the right to choose whether mom works or stays home is far better for society than the state using child care payments to force women to go out to work and having the state use day care centres to look after the kids.   That sounds more like something from a Communist country.  The idea that the state can better raise kids than the mother (or father) is Marxist ideology.

On 10/31/2021 at 9:34 AM, EastCanada90 said:

Giving every kid who spent some time in a foster home $40,000 is madness.  It will cost the taxpayers billions of dollars and is nonsensical.  I believe most of those kids were not abused in any way.  The claim that they were denied their native culture and language is absolute nonsense but it is the reason the HRT decided to order the government to pay billions to them.  It was not because they were abused physically or sexually;  it was because of the new woke belief that they were denied native language, spirituality, or culture.  This should never be a reason to pay tens of thousands of dollars in compensation.  It is the taxpayers who are being abused.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

I love this country. Even the winters. I think both the Quebecois and the Natives need to have their cultures and languages protected. Its part of what makes Canada...Canada. Hell I even like the Newfies... ;)

What I don't like is wasteful stupidity and I certainly can't abide any influence that dilutes Canadiana and national unity in any way. Thus I am forced to admit that how Canada has bent over backwards for both Quebec and the Native clans, has been both a tad embarrassing and way too expensive.

But on the topic of abuse in foster homes, I would grant a one-time financial settlement, or psychological treatment should the case warrant it, or even both. But I can't accept hanging that burden of taxpayers indefinitely.

• Like 1

This is an abuse of the taxpayers of Canada.  They are going to pay out tens of thousands of dollars to aboriginal children who were rescued from dangerous situations and placed in white Canadian foster homes because there was nowhere else to place them.  They were not abused in their foster homes.  The only reason they are being paid is they were allegedly, in today's world, denied their culture.  This is complete madness and shows how far our government has gone off the rails and has no respect for taxpayer's money.

Another aspect to the $40 billion dollars the government has said they will now pay out is how do these federal liberals, NDP and bureaucrats now reason that the taxpayers of today, who had nothing to do with what went on with child welfare/foster homes in the past, now must pay tens of billions of dollars in compensation?  How are we as taxpayers responsible to pay for past errors if in fact they were errors by provincial and federal governments?  The federal minister Hajdu spoke today about the colonization, racism, etc. of the past.  But how does she automatically assume the 37 million Canadians are guilty of these things or anything?  It seems absurd to me to force Canadians to pay out billions of dollars for past governments allegedly denying native children their culture.  These children were neglected on their reserves or the victims of domestic abuse and alcoholism.  But liberals and activists are all pointing the finger at the Canadian population today and seem to be saying it is our fault and we must pay for it.  These kids were in fact rescued from dangerous and dire situations.  There was no other place or resource to take them.  Paying them tens of thousands of dollars simply because they were removed from their reserves to protect them just doesn't seem to make any sense.  I might be able to see the rationale of setting up foster homes on reserves and let the natives look after them themselves from now on, but making Canadians pay a penalty for historical events just doesn't seem reasonable.  Canada is the only country on earth that is paying out this kind of money for this kind of thing.  This has never happened before.

Edited by blackbird

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Because we're responsible for our governments.

Most of the Canadian population was not even around in the mid 20th century when a lot of the FN kids were apprehended by child welfare and put in foster homes.  We had nothing to do with what past provincial governments did decades ago.  Secondly, I can't see how rescuing FN kids from a situation of neglect or domestic abuse was a bad thing.  It wasn't considered wrong in those days.  But today activists and the left consider everything white man did in the past as criminal or wrong.  It's all part of the cancel culture / progressive woke movement and the red power movement to make white man pay and pay forever.

• Like 1