Canada stands on the shoulders of giants

and Canadians think they are flying as a result

but the success they enjoy isn't thanks to their independence

it's thanks to their dependence on other nations

hence why the Liberals needed to erase history

so they can take all the credit for all the good things about Canada

and most Canadians now give them that credit

so their propaganda campaign worked quite well

the fake and gay imposter Canada is now mistaken for the real mccoy by the vast majority

mission accomplished

Edited by Yzermandius19

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Canada stands on the shoulders of giants

and Canadians think they are flying as a result

but the success they enjoy isn't thanks to their independence

it's thanks to their dependence on other nations

hence why the Liberals needed to erase history

so they can take all the credit for all the good things about Canada

and most Canadians now give them that credit

so their propaganda campaign worked quite well

Well Canadians did a lot of heavy lifting and Canada’s successes in the world wars are hers, but yes, the institutions that made Canada possible and continue to do so have a thousands year-old history derived from mostly British institutions.   However, Britannia herself was a Roman construct.   Rome was quite derivative of Greek institutions, and so on.  I understand Canadians’ desire to forge a strong and independent identity, but when the country can’t even defend itself and the institutions that built it are undermined and written off as colonial, including progressive early giants like Ryerson, that’s where I check out of Trudeau’s creepy identity politics love-in.  

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well Canadians did a lot of heavy lifting and Canada’s successes in the world wars are hers, but yes, the institutions that made Canada possible and continue to do so have a thousands year-old history derived from mostly British institutions.   However, Britannia herself was a Roman construct.   Rome was quite derivative of Greek institutions, and so on.  I understand Canadians’ desire to forge a strong and independent identity, but when the country can’t even defend itself and the institutions that built it are undermined and written off as colonial, including progressive early giants like Ryerson, that’s where I check out of Trudeau’s creepy identity politics love-in.  

most of the heavy lifting was done for Canada by Britain and America

even when it's been at it's least dependent

it's always been a colony and will always be a colony

Canada can no longer organize a gangbang in a whore house

it's military is now a shell of it's former self and is never coming back

an independent identity is simply fraudulent

it's not even a real country

it's a shotgun marriage that has resulted in an abusive relationship

it is simply propped by wealthy and prosperous benefactors

Canadians clearly prefer the fake identity that inflates their ego to the harsh reality that flies in the face of their sanctimonious attitude

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Well I disagree with that.  Canadians made enormous personal sacrifices in both wars and the armament production and technological development of aerospace and other manufacturing was formidable for such a small country. Canada should’ve had France’s permanent seat on the Security Council.  We could talk about the liberation of Holland, mach two aircrafts, the first satellites in space, communications tech, medical and agri tech, the first phones and smartphones…

The problem is that rather than building on those foundations we became distracted by cultural projects that have sucked the oxygen out of the room, like Quebec nationhood and Indigenous reparations.  We tell ourselves the lie that some ethnic and cultural groups deserve special treatment.   Meanwhile the cultural group that most defines Canada’s foundation, Great Britain, is written off and denigrated as a colonial occupying power.  There wouldn’t have been a Canada (or US) without the UK.

Edited by Zeitgeist

11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well I disagree with that.  Canadians made enormous personal sacrifices in both wars

so did other nations

Canada is hardly unique in the regard

it's a low achievement and high self-esteem nation

and it's looks down it's nose at those who achieved far more than it ever has

especially those who have the most to do with the good things about Canada that Canadians want all the credit for

it's self-esteem is not based on it's actual independent accomplishments

it is totally unearned and to make it worse they are resentful of those who actually did earn it

they are forever the rebellious teenager living in mom's basement who want all the credit for the household's success while bitching about the parents holding them back

a fake country filled with delusional people

Edited by Yzermandius19

8 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

so did other nations

Canada is hardly unique in the regard

it's a low achievement and high self-esteem nation

and it's looks down it's nose at those who achieved far more than it ever had

especially those who have the most to do with the good things about Canada that Canadians want all.the credit for

Canada was a huge overachiever in both world wars.  On a per capita basis I do think Canada beats both the US and UK, and not just in those venues, but that’s my national pride.  We’re all very similar and contributed similarly.  I do agree that many modern Canadians are ignorant of their history and don’t appreciate their inheritance.  Canadian history is being re-written and few will stand up for past great figures who are being slandered. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada was a huge overachiever in both world wars.  On a per capita basis I do think Canada beats both the US and UK, and not just in those venues, but that’s my national pride.  We’re all very similar and contributed similarly.  I do agree that many modern Canadians are ignorant of their history and don’t appreciate their inheritance.  Canadian history is being re-written and few will stand up for past great figures who are being slandered. 

Canada punched above it's weight in WWI and WWII

and yet Canadians think they are better than everyone else that have far greater accomplishments than that

their self-esteem vastly outstrips it's actual accomplishments by several orders of magnitude

it's levels of national pride are not justified

meanwhile it's traditions that it shares with other nations which should inspire pride are swept under the rug

Canadians are so annoying and delusional

yet think their shit doesn't stink

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Canada punched above it's weight in WWI and WWII

and yet Canadians thinks they are better than everyone else that have far greater accomplishments than that

their self-esteem vastly outstrip it's actual accomplishments

Well it all comes down to, “What have you done for me lately?”   I can’t think of anything Trudeau has done in recent years that makes me proud.  I guess our Covid numbers weren’t as catastrophic as in the US, UK, or most western developed countries, but our freedoms have suffered, I believe.  We’re over-taxed, over-indebted, and overly generous to special interests. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well it all comes down to, “What have you done for me lately?”   I can’t think of anything Trudeau has done in recent years that makes me proud.  I guess our Covid numbers weren’t as catastrophic as in the US, UK, or most western developed countries, but our freedoms have suffered, I believe.  We’re over-taxed, over-indebted, and overly generous to special interests. 

well yeah

lately Canada is lower accomplishment than ever

and yet note how their belief in their own superiority to all other nations is stronger than ever

the less they accomplish the better they feel about themselves

most delusional country ever

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

well yeah

lately Canada is lower accomplishment than ever

and yet note how their belief in their own superiority to all other nations is stronger than ever

most delusional country ever

I think it’s primarily our federal leadership, though the provinces are mostly on the same page.

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think it’s primarily our federal leadership, though the provinces are mostly on the same page.

the countries who accomplish the most, and who have benefited Canada the most

are the countries that Canadians are the least fond of

the anti-meritocracy streak runs deep in Canada

what they should be grateful for is instead openly resented

and what they should resent they are openly grateful for

silliest country on earth

Edited by Yzermandius19

12 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Anti-meritocracy is a huge threat right now.  When people start to feel that no matter how hard they work and how talented or skilled they are, merit won’t pay off, we enter extremely dangerous territory.

yeah and we're surrounded be these merit haters

trapped behind enemy lines

I'm used to it

I tried to watch the Remembrance Day telecast from Ottawa on CTV today, it was just political propaganda from the Liberal gov't. Apparently they suddenly care about veterans on this one day of the year, how sweet.

The Minister of Veteran Affairs was giving his impassioned speech about getting help to veterans, I switched channels for a while, then when I came back there was some kind of "Minister of Military Justice" or something that was about to belch her propaganda. 

The Liberals talk like they just got elected and these are problems left behind by an old government. This is their 7th year being in power...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

I tried to watch the Remembrance Day telecast from Ottawa on CTV today, it was just political propaganda from the Liberal gov't. Apparently they suddenly care about veterans on this one day of the year, how sweet.

The Minister of Veteran Affairs was giving his impassioned speech about getting help to veterans, I switched channels for a while, then when I came back there was some kind of 'Minister of Military Justice' or something that was about to belch her propaganda. 

The Liberals will use every opportunity to further their image . . . this time on the backs of the armed forces and their veterans.  All the while turning their collective backs on veterans that truly need help.

Treacherous treasonous gasbags . . . . 

Edited by Nefarious Banana
spelling
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 11/9/2021 at 4:18 AM, Zeitgeist said:

Well I disagree with that.  Canadians made enormous personal sacrifices in both wars and the armament production and technological development of aerospace and other manufacturing was formidable for such a small country. Canada should’ve had France’s permanent seat on the Security Council.  We could talk about the liberation of Holland, mach two aircrafts, the first satellites in space, communications tech, medical and agri tech, the first phones and smartphones…

The problem is that rather than building on those foundations we became distracted by cultural projects that have sucked the oxygen out of the room, like Quebec nationhood and Indigenous reparations.  We tell ourselves the lie that some ethnic and cultural groups deserve special treatment.   Meanwhile the cultural group that most defines Canada’s foundation, Great Britain, is written off and denigrated as a colonial occupying power.  There wouldn’t have been a Canada (or US) without the UK.

We have long since lost all those people that made all of that possible faded into the past, Today Canada is plagued by big lobby groups who control the narrative, The entire country has been pushed to the left , and not sure where center is today...citizens who can be bought by fake political promises...tell me in the last 20 years what mind blowing contribution have we made to the planet, to Canada, to anything...perhaps it would be the mountain of broken promises laid out not only by the liberals but every political party...

On 11/9/2021 at 12:11 AM, Yzermandius19 said:

it is simply propped by wealthy and prosperous benefactors

Canadians clearly prefer the fake identity that inflates their ego to the harsh reality that flies in the face of their sanctimonious attitude

Canada had 11 million people at the end of WW2, almost 10% of them were in uniform.  Today we would need a 3.5 million military to equal that. We also declared war on our own, a week after Britain. I don't know if we would still have that kind commitment but Canada has nothing to apologize for when it comes to WW1 or WW2.

Edited by Aristides

On 11/11/2021 at 1:16 PM, Nefarious Banana said:

All the while turning their collective backs on veterans that truly need help.

honestly, as a veteran, I don't need any help from the government

I thank the Canadian taxpayer for funding my dream, I gave everything I had for that

but actually, every vet I know is doing way better than the average Canadian

like my closest friends from the regiment are doing great, wife, kids, home, living the dream

I feel sorry for the average Canadian, they are the ones who ae going to get wiped out by their own government

we veterans know the government well, so we know not to rely on them

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2021 at 4:11 AM, Yzermandius19 said:

yeah and we're surrounded be these merit haters

trapped behind enemy lines

I'm used to it

it was the same when I was young in Canada

thus why I went to the RCR Battleschool

the Ludus,  Gladiator School

a crucible is the ultimate merit test if it is administered by the brothers to the left & right of you

an honour & privilege to be judged by your peers in the field

the regiment is my fatherland