Did Ivermectin & Vitamins Stop the COVID Outbreak in Delhi?

Vaxx-Nazis, stop right there.

Before you run your mouths about what ivermectin and vitamins can and can't do, just remember that you're not doctors and you don't have an expert medical opinion to weigh in with. Nothing that you saw on CTV or CNN matters because they don't have two little things called facts or integrity, so just read up on this issue to your heart's content before you tell us all what CNN's world renowned covid expert, Great Thunberg MD, said. 

FWIW I know that 98% of what's said about covid is bullshit, and this topic is no different, but if you care about covid you should look at it with an open mind. You can always rush to judgement later. 

Anyways, when India was experiencing the massive covid outbreak earlier this year, you know, the one that was so deadly that our own PM racistly blocked flights from there, (*shudder* THE SCARY-ASS DELTA VARIANT), some areas actually did send out packages with Vit's C & D, zinc, and some ivermectin. Then Covid died a sudden death there. 

https://www.thedesertreview.com/news/national/ivermectin-obliterates-97-percent-of-delhi-cases/article_6a3be6b2-c31f-11eb-836d-2722d2325a08.html

I will say, in defence of ivermectin/vitamin skepticism, that I personally believe that Hindus and Indians in general have much stronger immune systems than people in any other country in the world due to the fact that 90% of the population are Hindus and they all wade into the Ganges river occasionally. I think that you could give 50% of Hindus oolong tea and 50% of them the vaxx and everyone under 60 would recover from covid like it was nothing.

In other words, I don't really think that stats generated in India are a great indicator for what would happen in Canada when it comes to matters of the immune system. 

Still, this is an interesting story and I'm posting on it here after only skimming through a couple of articles. I don't have all day to research this, and ivermectin isn't something that I ever planned to use personally, but I don't believe in turning a blind eye to anything either. 

India has since removed Ivermectin from their Covid treament plans due to "lack of evidence".

image.thumb.png.4e29fd11e7755196436b11c2970b5eed.png

It also took significantly longer for the spike in question to subside in India.  Looking at a wave that happened at a similar time but did not use Ivermectin, we see a similar timeframe

image.thumb.png.e8763ebb2c62da4a5b38d0de31204bdc.png

This is of course not an apples to apples comparison, but on the surface it doesn't look like Ivermectin had much of an effect.

• Like 2

https://globalnews.ca/news/8283660/ivermectin-health-canada-warning-poison-control/

“There may be some studies out there that show a benefit, but those studies are flawed,” he said. “If you really look at this carefully, there really is no evidence that this provides benefit. And there’s actually quite a bit of evidence that it may, in fact, harm you, especially if you’re taking a veterinary supply that people are seeking (from) veterinary supply stores. So until there is evidence that this works, we can’t in good conscience prescribe it.”

Personally I'd take the doctors word for it.  

4 hours ago, Smeelious said:

India has since removed Ivermectin from their Covid treament plans due to "lack of evidence".

image.thumb.png.4e29fd11e7755196436b11c2970b5eed.png

It also took significantly longer for the spike in question to subside in India.  Looking at a wave that happened at a similar time but did not use Ivermectin, we see a similar timeframe

image.thumb.png.e8763ebb2c62da4a5b38d0de31204bdc.png

This is of course not an apples to apples comparison, but on the surface it doesn't look like Ivermectin had much of an effect.

Just to be clear, all of India did not use Ivermectin. Only certain states like Delhi, Utter Pradesh and Uttarakhand implemented it. Conversley, Tamil Nadu publicly banned the use of ivermectin. Go back to your graphic and look at the charts for those specific states and see if you notice any differences. 

• Like 1

That one is obviously a pro Ivermectin article but I've been reading the mainstream anti guys too.

I've noticed some stuff in those that I find interesting.

First of all there seems to be a massive desperation to "debunk" that began in early October. 

The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the National Task Force on Covid-19 dropped the use of Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) drugs from their revised guidelines for the treatment of the infection in late September. Make from that what you will.

Notice they didn't actually make it illegal or even less accessible they just said they would no longer support it. If you want medicinal Ivermectin now you can either jump through hoops and hope to get on a study or you can order it from India. Apparently there's a big demand for it. Write that off to the Streisand effect.

Also I notice a lot of the arguments from "debunkers" are kind of lame in that they attack things they support in other places. For example, I think it was the BBC, or maybe was the Alberta Government was telling us how Ivermectin studies couldn't be taken seriously because some of them were observational. But I was discussing masks on another thread and got linked to a pro mask collection of mostly observational studies. I think it's more a case of who was doing them that was the "debunk" there though. There's favored and unfavored scienceytists.

Most interestingly though I noticed this mass desperate debunking of Ivermectin all began about the time Pfizer and Merk announced they were coming out with pills that used the mechanic of protease inhibitor. This is what's supposed to be what makes Ivermectin useful as a treatment to ward off Covid.

I heard a theory that Big Pharma is starting to worry accounts of adverse reactions from and waning efficacy of the vaccine are getting too prevalent. It won't be possible to keep the information closeted from the gullibles much longer. They're going to need a different place to shake the money tree. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Accountability Now said:

Just to be clear, all of India did not use Ivermectin. Only certain states like Delhi, Utter Pradesh and Uttarakhand implemented it. Conversley, Tamil Nadu publicly banned the use of ivermectin. Go back to your graphic and look at the charts for those specific states and see if you notice any differences. 

image.thumb.png.4d6bcb046c9fb9a5b9b0460be5564a21.png

image.thumb.png.608259ae22f91b3fd53a624db0348600.png

image.thumb.png.72961cb0eb13726d7303b0486294a70c.png

It's hard to compare since it looks like the Tamil Nadu had a slower uptake of covid cases.  In all the cases above the time from the peak case load to the base is around the same time.  I will say that Dehli and Uttar Pradesh seem to be doing a much better job of managing covid atm, but I don't know enough about the region to speculate why.  Ie, Ontario is doing better at managing covid than Alberta is, but that has little to nothing to do with treatment.

• Like 1

But the wave we're experiencing now is the Delta variant wave. It peaked in the 5,000s and is in the 3,000s now.

The Indian Delta variant peaked in April. It plummeted like a falling boulder right about the time they made Ivermectin accessible. Or at least that's the way it looks on your chart. 

The Delta Variant spike rose in Canada about the same time vaccinations were sky rocketing. 

The Variant in India dropped when they started using Ivermectin. And stays low.

According to the Wall Street Journal only about 31% of the adult population of India is double-vaxxed.

And you can still buy Ivermecitin from India over the Internet so it might not be in the government guidelines anymore but it's still available. So look at your graph again. Or check out WorldoMeter's:

India.jpg

Canada.jpg

Edited by Infidel Dog

Canada's Delta Variant drop doesn't look anything like India's.

Would you like to see another place that does though?

Try Florida:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

Coincidentally it's the same story but with a different therapeutic. They started making Monoclonal antibodies easily accessible in late August. Observe the precipitous drop in the graph line.

And if you're into charts and graphs I can show you another one of Africa. In Africa some countries have been using Ivermectin for river blindness since the 1990s. The guy who thought of using it won a Nobel prize for it.

Charted out you'll see the African countries where Ivermectin is cheap and easy to access are doing amazingly well in comparison to the countries where it isn't.

Or did you want to tell us some more about what Big Pharma is telling you about India.

What is ivermectin (Stromectol) used for?

• Strongyloidiasis (stomach worms caused by Strongyloides stercoralis)
  • Onchocerciasis ("river blindness," a rare eye infection caused by Onchocerca volvulus)

Is ivermectin (Stromectol) safe?

Like all medications, ivermectin (Stromectol) has risks. The biggest risks for ivermectin (Stromectol) are when it is being used to treat river blindness. The reason ivermectin (Stromectol) has more risks for river blindness is because the condition is very serious and, when it's being treated, can create other problems. Please discuss your concerns with your healthcare provider before taking ivermectin (Stromectol).

I broke my leg, maybe some ex-lax can help me heal!  ?

Well if it does, maybe you'll get a Nobel Prize like William C. Campbell and Satoshi Omura did in 2015 using it to cure River Blindness. Apparently it's been used for humans billions of times. 

So it was safe enough for them.

Does it have use against Covid? Well apparently Pfizer and Merk are coming out with pills that recreate the protease inhibitor technology present in Ivermectin. I'd say ask them but they'd lie.

You'll take it when they rename it like a good little serf.

(OK the 3 medications are not exactly the same but you get my point. Don't pretend you don't by getting technical.)

Why are you guys looking at infection rate when trying to determine the effectiveness of Invermectin? 

At the very best it's a treatment. It doesn't reduce spread. It's not a prophylactic. 

What bugs me about the Ivermectin craze is, just like with HDQ, the proponents use this "What do you have to lose?" mentality. You could make that argument for any drug.

There are treatments that have been proven to be effective and are used (Steroids, monoclonal antibodies and Remdesivir as examples). Treatments like that are what kept President Co-Morbidity alive last year. The Merc drug has gone through proper clinical trials and FDA Authorization. Why isn't someone applying for Emergency Use Authorization for Ivermectin? 

And they're the same people calling question into the vaccines because they haven't been "studied" enough. When in reality they've been subject to the largest clinical trial having billions of the public take it in a matter of less than 10 months. 

Edited by Boges

16 hours ago, Smeelious said:

It's hard to compare since it looks like the Tamil Nadu had a slower uptake of covid cases.  In all the cases above the time from the peak case load to the base is around the same time.  

Agreed that Tamil Nadu had a slower uptake which again shows that not all areas are the same and other factors may be present.  This could be true for the the case against ivermectin as well however I would disagree that the peak to base is around the same time. It looks like one month for the ivermectin states and two months for Tamil Nadu. Like you said, the ivermectin states also are managing it better ever since. As per the article (https://www.thedesertreview.com/opinion/letters_to_editor/ivermectin-saves-india/article_14b1f1d6-cd2f-11eb-8b78-9710d864f627.html)

Those Indian states that adopted more aggressive Ivermectin policies saw their cases fall far more than 80%, states like Uttar Pradesh - down 98% [37,944 to 596], like Uttarakhand - down 97% [9642 to 287] and Goa - down 90% [4195 to 423]. Delhi saw a 99% drop [28,395 to 238].

Tamil Nadu, which publicly banned Ivermectin, saw their cases rise to the highest in India, and they continued setting state records until May 21, 2021, when they peaked at 36,184.

Meanwhile, deaths have also dropped markedly in Delhi, among the first areas to adopt Ivermectin. Their deaths have plummeted from 448 on May 3 to 36 on June 9, a drop of 92%. 

By contrast, Tamil Nadu's deaths rose ten-fold from April 20 to May 27. On June 9, Tamil Nadu's COVID-19 deaths remained the second highest in India at 405, while the states that chose Ivermectin were all dramatically better.

On June 9, Tamil Nadu, with a population less than 4.9% of India's, accounted for almost 20% of all of India's 2,177 June 9 death toll. By contrast, Uttar Pradesh which is on Ivermectin, with 204 million people, three times that of Tamil Nadu, saw a mere 91 deaths, less than 1/4 of Tamil Nadu.

8 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

I broke my leg, maybe some ex-lax can help me heal!  ?

You are either truly disingenuous or extremely unaware of medicine in general. Off label drugs are used very commonly in the medical practice. Ivermectin is no different. 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/off-label-drug-use

Off-label prescribing is common. According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, around 20% of all prescriptions in the United States are for off-label use.

FDA-approved drug FDA-approved use Off-label use
tamoxifen treating breast cancer treating certain causes of infertility in females
spironolactone treating high blood pressure, heart failure, edema, and Conn’s syndrome treating acne vulgaris in females
modafinil improving wakefulness in people with narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, or shift work sleep disorder treating depression
escitalopram treating depression treating bipolar disorder
amitriptyline treating depression treating fibromyalgia
fluoxetine treating major depressive disorder (MDD), panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and bulimia nervosa treating fibromyalgia
venlafaxine treating MDD, panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and social anxiety disorder treating fibromyalgia
beta-blockers treating high blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythms, angina, coronary heart disease, heart attack, migraine, and glaucoma treating anxiety

1 hour ago, Boges said:

At the very best it's a treatment. It doesn't reduce spread. It's not a prophylactic. 

Proponents of ivermectin would strongly disagree with you on this one. A quick google search found this study. 

A COVID-19 prophylaxis? Lower incidence associated with prophylactic administration of ivermectin

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7698683/

As COVID-19 is such a new disease, none of the existing MDA campaigns are targeted at controlling its spread. Nor is there any documented prophylactic use of the deployed drugs against SARS-CoV-2 infection. However, there is a very strong negative correlation between the use of PCT—especially involving ivermectin—and COVID-19 proliferation. This, paired with ivermectin's proven inhibitory effect on SARS-CoV-2 replication in vitro, leads us to the hypothesis that the drug may have a—likely indirect—prophylactic effect and thereby reduce the spread of the disease.

It is important to note that the hypothesis that ivermectin might have a prophylactic effect against SARS-CoV-2 is merely based on a rather strong correlation. On the other hand, this correlation has grown increasingly stronger in the worldwide data set earlier this year and then been independently replicated within the African data set later in the summer. Both remain highly significant, suggesting that there may be a causal connection, which is also suggested by other recent findings reported in literature.

I added the second part as its important to note that nothing is PROVEN right now however the correlation is strong enough to continue to examine it and have an open mind to its possible usage. Instead, vaccine proponents have done a fantastic job of smearing the idea simply because vaccines no longer get their authorization if there is any other proven method. 

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Why isn't someone applying for Emergency Use Authorization for Ivermectin? 

They are applying for it. Your buddies at Pfizer have made sure it won't happen.

Besides, you shouldn't have to apply for Emergency Use for a drug that has decades of proven safety. As noted in the study above, they use ivermectin in chemo treatment patients.  Again, this is the concept behind off label drugs

Edited by Accountability Now

2 hours ago, Accountability Now said:

They are applying for it. Your buddies at Pfizer have made sure it won't happen.

Besides, you shouldn't have to apply for Emergency Use for a drug that has decades of proven safety. As noted in the study above, they use ivermectin in chemo treatment patients.  Again, this is the concept behind off label drugs

But not for a New Coronavirus. 

2 hours ago, Accountability Now said:

Proponents of ivermectin would strongly disagree with you on this one. A quick google search found this study. 

A COVID-19 prophylaxis? Lower incidence associated with prophylactic administration of ivermectin

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7698683/

I added the second part as its important to note that nothing is PROVEN right now however the correlation is strong enough to continue to examine it and have an open mind to its possible usage. Instead, vaccine proponents have done a fantastic job of smearing the idea simply because vaccines no longer get their authorization if there is any other proven method. 

OK. Examine it. Don't sell out Pharmacies and start raiding veterinary clinics. 

8 minutes ago, Boges said:

But not for a New Coronavirus. 

Why not? It has been proven in vitro to eliminate the virus. It has also a number of studies that have proven a decrease in death and hospitalization. It has been proven with decades of years of use that its safe when administered properly. So again...why not?  The only reason is because if people have an option of vaccine versus a safe drug then will take the latter. So the pro-vaxxers can't have that. If Ivermectin is truly what they say it is then the ideal situation would be to vaccinate those who want it and treat those who don't. 

12 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Why not? It has been proven in vitro to eliminate the virus. It has also a number of studies that have proven a decrease in death and hospitalization. It has been proven with decades of years of use that its safe when administered properly. So again...why not?  The only reason is because if people have an option of vaccine versus a safe drug then will take the latter. So the pro-vaxxers can't have that. If Ivermectin is truly what they say it is then the ideal situation would be to vaccinate those who want it and treat those who don't. 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2114907

Ivermectin may decrease severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) replication in vitro,1,2 but randomized, controlled trials have shown no clinical benefit in the prevention or treatment of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).3 Veterinary use of ivermectin has increased, and the number of prescriptions for use by humans in the United States is 24 times as high as the number before the pandemic. Moreover, the number of such prescriptions in August 2021 was 4 times as high as the number in July 2021.3,4

The Oregon Poison Center is a telephone consultative center staffed by specialty-trained nurses, pharmacists, and physicians who provide treatment advice for the public and comprehensive treatment consultation for health care workers caring for patients in Oregon, Alaska, and Guam. The center has recently received an increasing number of calls regarding ivermectin exposure related to Covid-19. The rate of calls regarding ivermectin had been 0.25 calls per month in 2020 and had increased to 0.86 calls per month from January through July 2021; in August 2021, the center received 21 calls. Monthly total call volumes for all poison exposures were stable throughout 2020 and 2021.

I'm sure these are the same people who think the vaccine needs more study. ?

Edited by Boges