Returning to normal

myata

56 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Well, that makes sense - it's clear you are terrified, given your hysterical accusations about being treated like the Jews in Nazi Germany, totalitarianism and now that those who merely disagree with you would beat animals to death.  That's just stupid thinking.

Who is more terrified? 

You - who believes that anyone who chooses not to be part of an experimental shot (which has proven to NOT work) should not be allowed out in society, lose their jobs, lose their healthcare, etc..... You believe that no one should debate the science, we should all just blindly obey Big Pharma and STFU about it.  You're fine with small businesses being shut down and/or fined, so you can continue shopping at WalMart. ? Your thinking and beliefs are 100% FOR totalitarian rule and governmental overreach.  You're ripe for the picking - blind obedience and you're into persecuting anyone who thinks differently than you or even IS different than you, given your admission that you shun fat people.  Not sure what your beef is with fat people, but you did say they should rightfully be shunned by society. 

Why wouldn't I believe you will continue to allow yourself to be led further and further down immoral paths?  You're already half-way there and hell-bent on on it.  Baa Baa.

• Haha 1

@Goddess:  You get more ridiculous by the minute.  It's a shame that you don't understand the difference between the word "Society" and "I".  Or that you haven't clued in that even unvaccinated people have access to health care. 

I have no idea why you are so angry that people disagree with you.  Is it because you take your screen name seriously, and you aren't getting the ass-licking you think you deserve?

Oh such simple and sincere naivite.. so sorry you lost your job and benefits only for "disagreeing". Just too bad you couldn't visit family because of "disagreeing" so sad. And why was this necessary and and how it was justified?  No we didn't think sorry, why would we? We were just doing what we were told. Always, like the first time.

4 minutes ago, myata said:

1. Oh such simple and sincere naivite.. so sorry you lost your job and benefits only for "disagreeing".

2. Just too bad you couldn't visit family because of "disagreeing" so sad.

3. And why was this necessary and and how it was justified?   

1. Many private companies are requiring a vaccinated workforce: this isn't a "government" requirement so you can't blame the government for that.  Companies do not hire or keep just anyone: there are always certain requirements that must be met and maintained - such as a dress code or sobriety.  Fail to meet the company requirements, and guess what?  No job.

2.  Each family can decide if they want to visit with their unvaccinated family members; this is also not a government mandated decision.  And who are you to call these families down; do not they have the right to make their own decision, just as much as someone who chooses not to get vaccinated?

3.  You would have to ask the companies that are requiring a vaccinated workforce, and the families who have decided to avoid their unvaccinated family members.  

As said, simple and honest naivite. Like government had nothing to do with it. Like they were simply and honestly looking the other way, wink-wink. And that's OK not like it hasn't happened and so many times before. Just one thing you may want to know, winking honest eyes and naive honest surprise a la but we didn't know! won't change anything. You make a personal individual choice in any case. And there will be no naive excuses.

It's amusing to observe that in over a millennium of tragic history so few of human societies can find the line, the balance between "all goes for common good and the priests decide what it is today" and "I can do whatever I like with no limits or responsibilities". This balance just isn't natural, alien to us. And quite possibly why we aren't finding any aliens. Too bad.

Edited by myata

These countries: Sweden, Norway, Finland and UK have managed to keep societies open while managing Covid from spring, 2021. Coming winter is the critical test not only for them, but everybody. If they manage through, it would a very needed example that an intelligent alternative to health authoritarianism is possible. And otherwise, the future is pretty bleak. Health authoritarians will have a free and uncontested rule for as long as ... the virus knows.

Edited by myata

And on the rights and moral grounds: there's no automatic obligation for a citizen's acceptance and participation in every decision of the authority even if (when) formally lawful. The society does not exist for the bureaucracy to manage, in a free society at least, it's the other way around. The duty and obligation is on the authority and not only of formality and legality but also meaningful and sufficient explanation and justification of important decisions to the society.

A citizen is fully in their right to not participate and contribute to decisions and policies they do not agree with, and specifically, those that have not been sufficiently explained and justified. Rephrasing, without respect, explanation and justification, no participation and contribution.

These are the three grounds: effectiveness; citizen's rights; and moral/ethics on which health authoritarianism is wrong and will not achieve stated objectives for the society (that doesn't mean juicy compensations for the bureaucrats, just not the same thing).

19 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

How many people out there are going to have their young children 5-11 vaccinated ? When science and medical evidence tells us there is no need to. 

If one was aware that overpopulation is the real problem...as it is...how would one go about solving this? Reduce fertility, perhaps? Globally...

But how??? Hmmmmmmmm...a head scratcher.

• Confused 1

On 11/23/2021 at 12:15 PM, Army Guy said:

When science and medical evidence tells us there is no need to. 

Well, isn't a good test, sort of like a mirror? Here's reason and evidence and here's what we do, are they the same or even close?

I like this series "Dark", much recommended. Future, time loop, bad dream, authoritarianism all have a way of building up on insanity so that each next iteration becomes even more bizarre but we wouldn't notice because already there, in it. The new variant is here. Prepare for a new new normal and marching in the opposite direction. A great new dawn is right there.

Another place where the number of vaxxed deaths is greater than the number of unvaxxed deaths.

MDH confirms prevalence of breakthrough events  - Alpha News

Breakthrough cases have surpassed 64,000 in Minnesota and more than 483 fully-vaccinated individuals have died from the virus.

Kris Ehresmann, director of MDH’s Infectious Disease Division, was asked directly about the large number of breakthrough cases and deaths in Minnesota. Between Nov. 1 and Nov. 8, 111 of the 168 reported deaths were among the vaccinated.

“I think that we have acknowledged that vaccinated individuals have become collateral damage in the blizzard of COVID that we’re seeing,” Ehresmann responded.

Yet some of the country’s top leaders, including the president himself, continue to insist that vaccinations have made COVID-19 a “pandemic of the unvaccinated.”

Is this the point where we get to complain mercilessly about all the vaxxed people plugging up the ERs, hospitals and ICUs and call them "enemies" and deny them medical care because of their selfish decision and let them die in refrigerated trucks?

Asking for a friend, because I would never do that.

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

At the same time Florida reported the lowest amount of new cases in the country per capita, coronavirus cases are surging in many states where strict lockdown orders were issued by Democratic governors.“

Kinda makes you wonder-

Why izzit? :blink:

The DeSantis Monoclonal antibody centers appear to have made the difference so far but let's see how they do against this new strain if it makes it to Florida.

19 hours ago, Goddess said:

Is this the point where we get to complain mercilessly about all the vaxxed people plugging up the ERs, hospitals and ICUs and call them "enemies" and deny them medical care because of their selfish decision and let them die in refrigerated trucks?

Let's see what our daily truth has to say about it! It's never wrong (by definition ;))

Edited by myata

Never thought I would applaud Republican administrations, but cannot deny a complete agreement with the the acts in Texas and Arizona explicitly prohibiting health fascism, that is, plain dictate without sufficient or any justification in public and private workplaces.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.  It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.  The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good, will torment us without end - for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

~~ C. S. Lewis

• Like 1

India is a morass, a cauldron of disease, poverty, death and despair, renown for their aversion to western medicine. If there ever is a place that the virus can run wild and free, this is it.

Yet the data for India shows a curious effect suddenly took hold. Total collapse of infections after a brief but intense wave.

Makes me wonder, why izzit?  :blink:

Something similar happened in Japan. A sudden precipitous drop in hospitalizations and deaths.

There's this Doctor named John Campbell on YouTube. He was suggesting the possibility there may be something in the Japanese biochemistry that was triggered. He offered an explanation of what that might be. It was pretty technical so I'm not going to try.

Some say that one may have been Ivermectin too but there's a decent argument against that.

21 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

There's another one promoters are trying to make famous with their promotions on the right:

Quercetin

I don't like their chances but it's worth knowing stuff like that is around.

Another one is fluvoxamine. But that's not necessarily paid promotions. It can be just talk.

I take Quercetin now, since this started.  For about the last 6 months.  Also NAC.

I've taken 6000 mg. Vit. C, up to 10,000 IU Vit. D., Vit. E. all the B's, glucosamine and other stuff literally for years.  I haven't had a cold or flu in 7 years.  (I only know it's been 7 years because a Facebook memory popped up the other day where I was complaining about having a cold 7 years ago.)  I think it's been about 10 years since I had a flu.