Returning to normal

myata

3 hours ago, Boges said:

Again you're talking about the US. Where co-morbidities are a big problem. 

But you're basically creating a scenario where if someone dies of COVID but has a BMI of 30 or has a chronic disease, it shouldn't be considered a COVID death. That's ridiculous. 

Where did you get the idea that comorbidities are not a problem in Canada?

And I'm creating nothing. I'm saying if you're needing to disregard VAERS or the Canadian equivalent (and there is one) on the grounds of possible pre-existing conditions you need to apply the same restrictions on covid stats.

As far as BMI goes. That's important to you, is it? I know I'm winning when they want to take me down a different rabbit hole.

Very well then, off we go. You use the same BMI that statistic evidence is telling us moves the covid death stats. Not sure what that is. Why don't you pretend you do?

Just now, Infidel Dog said:

Where did you get the idea that comorbidities are not a problem in Canada?

And I'm creating nothing. I'm saying if you're needing to disregard VAERS or the Canadian equivalent (and there is one) on the grounds of possible pre-existing conditions you need to apply the same restrictions on covid stats.

As far as BMI goes. That's important to you, is it? I know I'm winning when they want to take me down a different rabbit hole.

Very well then, off we go. You use the same BMI that statistic evidence is telling us moves the covid death stats. Not sure what that is. Why don't you pretend you do?

Cite a Canadian equivalent. 

I use BMI, because it's an objective standard.

I guess you could look at someone, and say they're fat, but that's not as objective about their risks of dying of such a disease. 

I concede there are mitigating factors to COVID deaths. But because it's a communicable disease, no one lives in a bubble. 

Boges needs a number for his diversionary trip down the Obesity rabbit hole. Very well, try this one from May.

"

The Public Health Agency of Canada lists people with severe obesity, or a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher, as among those at risk of more severe disease or outcomes from COVID-19.

Around the world, numerous studies have shown that people with obesity face a greater risk of severe illness from COVID-19, with one meta-analysis suggesting that individuals with obesity face a 113 per cent increased risk of hospitalization and 48 per cent increase in death."

https://globalnews.ca/news/7701619/canada-obesity-covid-19-vaccine-priority/

And here's an interesting opinion from some site I'm not familiar with:

"

It has been known since this pandemic began that there was a link between obesity and death from this virus. However, new studies show how strong that connection is. While we always knew that the elderly with comorbidities are at much greater risk of hospitalization and death, we now understand that one of their lethal comorbidities is almost always obesity.

Most people of all ages who died from COVID-19 were overweight. These studies show that nations that do not have our obesity problem have as little as 1/10th the death rate. In essence, thin countries had no pandemic—only a normal flu year. Ours was really an obesity epidemic."

https://fcpp.org/2021/04/19/covid-is-really-an-obesity-epidemic/

Edited by Infidel Dog

Heart disease kills three times as many Canadians each year than covid.  Anyone that’s at risk of heart disease is at a very high risk from covid.  The two go hand in hand.  That’s why even during this pandemic, actual deaths have only been marginally higher than expected deaths.

24 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Boges needs a number for his diversionary trip down the Obesity rabbit hole. Very well, try this one from May.

"

The Public Health Agency of Canada lists people with severe obesity, or a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher, as among those at risk of more severe disease or outcomes from COVID-19.

Around the world, numerous studies have shown that people with obesity face a greater risk of severe illness from COVID-19, with one meta-analysis suggesting that individuals with obesity face a 113 per cent increased risk of hospitalization and 48 per cent increase in death."

https://globalnews.ca/news/7701619/canada-obesity-covid-19-vaccine-priority/

And here's an interesting opinion from some site I'm not familiar with:

"

It has been known since this pandemic began that there was a link between obesity and death from this virus. However, new studies show how strong that connection is. While we always knew that the elderly with comorbidities are at much greater risk of hospitalization and death, we now understand that one of their lethal comorbidities is almost always obesity.

Most people of all ages who died from COVID-19 were overweight. These studies show that nations that do not have our obesity problem have as little as 1/10th the death rate. In essence, thin countries had no pandemic—only a normal flu year. Ours was really an obesity epidemic."

https://fcpp.org/2021/04/19/covid-is-really-an-obesity-epidemic/

Assuming you're correct and obesity is a contributing factor to death for Covid patients, it still does not mean Canada should not do everything reasonable to save their lives.  Many people are obese for various reasons but in our system they are still entitled to health care and whatever can be done to save their lives.  Our health care system does not discriminate between people based on their weight.  The best care available still might not save a lot of them, but the health care professionals must do what they can.

Did you still want to attack VAERS though, Boges. Because I have some interesting facts for you:

VAERS is 31 years old.

Only about 1-27% of true events are captured because there is significant under reporting.

If you fake a report you can be prosecuted with possible jail time as a consequence.

The CDC validates entries. 150,000 were deleted in 2021. There are allegations of throttling deletions by the CDC. This year OSHA told employers not to report.

In spite of message massaging...

There were 158 deaths per year reported to VAERS from all vaccines up to January 2021. There were 15,937 deaths reported to VAERS for just 2021 at the time of the report.

Lots more HERE.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Assuming you're correct and obesity is a contributing factor to death for Covid patients, 

It's not just me, Buddy. The fact is out there anywhere you want to look. There have been studies.

Sorry it bothers you, but sometimes facts will do that. You just have to learn to live with them.

On 10/19/2021 at 7:08 AM, EastCanada90 said:

1:  rest of 2021/2022 until  spring summer  minamum..

2: why does it bother you so much?   problems with authority?

3:scientists/experts it does help   a decent ammount even if not 100%  its better then nothing

4: its funny because you anti mask people act like your whole life is ruined  over   a little piece of cloth

i ain't a party person so not into nights out of dancing/hook ups etc so i could careless. 

Just go take your booster shot or two and leave the rest of us anti-maskers alone. It's my body and not yours to play with.  If you want to wear a mask the rest of your peasantry life then do so. It's obvious that you have never looked in a mirror and see just how stupid and ridiculous you look wearing a mask. Masks are a sign of submission and obedience to your power hungry communist politicians. 

I have watched plenty of videos where our dear comrade leaders were seen not wearing a mask indoors at some political or other event going on. It's time for you to get your nose out of some lying politicians butt and start to see the joke in mask wearing today. It is very unhealthy to be wearing a mask especially for those who are forced to wear a mask at work for eight hours. They could end up with respiratory problems in months or years to come. 

Yup, you sure do appear to be just one of those boring Canadians who will do whatever their dear comrade leaders tell them to do. This is why we are still being forced to wear masks today. Peasants like you just keep going along to get along instead of saying enough already. I want my old normal life back. Of course with people like you, I have to wonder as to whether you really ever had a life at all, comrade? Just saying. ?

On 11/9/2021 at 8:50 AM, blackbird said:

With all the Covid deniers, anti-maskers, anti-mandate people, I can see why we need government regulations and enforcement. 

It's ironic that you chose to use the words "I can see why" in the same sentence where you just proved that you don't understand the topic at all.

Healthy people under 50 are at basically no risk at all of dying from covid. You need to understand that last sentence in order to weigh in on the topic with any credibility at all blackbird. It's all right here: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1228632/number-covid-deaths-canada-by-age/

If you look at the graph then you can see that only about 630 Canadians under 50 died of covid since the very beginning.

That's 630 people out of approximately 25,000,000, or one out of every 40,000 or so Canadians under 50.

Just think about the unhealthiest <50 person out of 40,000..... that's who died of covid under 50 yrs old.

Tell me blackbird, why do 25 million Canadians under 50 need to get vaccinated if the vaccine works? By your own logic - "the vaccines work" - so if we just protect the people 50+ (more realistically 65+) then there should be almost no covid deaths. 

Why do people between 12-30 need to get vaccinated blackbird? Look at the stats and then come up with a realistic answer, not some fear mongering bullshit (Big Pharma propaganda) that you heard from Fauci. 

Sadly a prominent well-known Covid denier in the Vancouver area recently died likely of Covid, although he denied it up to the end.  There have been lots of anti-mandate and Covid deniers who were converted on their death bed and admitted they were wrong.  There have also been other deniers who went to their grave denying Covid and opposing mandates.  A strange world we live in. 

It's alarming how many prominent pro-choice activists die of 'covid', because it's far higher than the statistics would predict. Parhar doesn't look like the 1/40,000. 

The large number of deniers does go to prove why we need government and health authorities intervention.  Without them far more of us would be dead. 

There are no 'deniers', just people who follow stats and know how to interpret them.

When a fat 59 yr old, like famous "anti-vaxxer" that died in England last year, dies of covid, it's because he didn't understand that he was actually in the target demographic. 

It would be like the black plague in Europe in the middle ages that killed 1/3 or 1/2 of Europe.  There was no health authority or government with the knowledge to do anything about it.

aKdfu57.gif 

Just remember this: the Spanish Flu and the various 'plagues' are not comparables for covid at all

Anyone who talks about those things and then mixes covid in with them is a pure idiot.

Some of the hardest-hit demographics with Spanish flu were 28 yr-old men and pregnant wormen. IE, the healthiest people of all were at a very high risk from the Spanish flu. Covid is THE EXACT OPPOSITE of that. 66% of the people who died from covid in Canada were over 80 years old, but only 4% of our population is in that group. 

Blackbird, please understand that covid almost exclusively kills very old people with co-morbidities. Outside of that it's a bad flu. That's step 1. 

Also note that children who would have a 99.999% chance of surviving covid have died or gotten extremely severe side-effects from the vaccinations, such as pericarditis and myocarditis, so getting the shot is actually worse for them than covid. That's step 2. 

You're not just asking people to do something that's extremely safe which offers them some kind of benefit, you're forcing people to take an experimental dose of medication that doesn't really work, which wears off, which still allows for the spread of covid, and which comes with its own serious health risks. 

If you took it, good for you. Just know that unless you're extremely old or very unhealthy, it's not doing anything at all for you. If you're not in one of the aforementioned categories then you're just padding the stats for the vaccines, because your risk level didn't change at all. In any event, you will surely still spread covid if you're exposed to it, and you can still get sick and die. Those are the facts. But go ahead and try to force everyone else to take it, just because you did.

Covid nazis remind me of my fellow strata owners back when I owned my condo, and there was a vote coming up about pet restrictions. I asked some people in the elevator how they were going to vote, and a common answer was "I don't have any pets so I'm voting to get rid of them." I'd say "Why, do you hear barking or meowing? Do you smell pet odours, or get bothered by animals in common areas?" They'd say "Nope, I just don't don't have one". Me: "Why don't you want other people to have them then? Do you think that it will raise or lower the value of our condos if we can't have pets anymore? Do you know that people who live here won't be able to get another cat or dog when their current pet dies, so they will be forced to move if they want another pet?" Then.... "Duh, I didn't think of any of those things." Bloody morons. FWIW the pet restrictions remained unchanged.  

The extra careful "travel from Wuhan no problem!" bunch came to like writing policies and edicts much more than controlling infectious diseases. What was in the job description in the first place? but who cares now not to worry! And not like it's not paying too, in a direct sense. So who really wants it to be over?

Edited by myata

Pfizer has added an ingredient to the children's shots - tromethamine.

It is used to reduce acute pericarditis.

Side effects of it include:

• tightness in the chest, shortness of breath, trouble breathing, sweating
  • dizziness, shaking, fast heartbeat
  • feeling confused, lightheaded
  • difficulty swallowing or talking,, swelling of the face, lips, tongue and throat
  • febrile responses, hypoglycemia, thrombosis

Tromethamine may cause severe tissue damage if the drug leaks from the vein.

IMO, parents of children - who are at almost 0 risk of dying from covid - should think long and hard before giving their children anything that includes heart attack medication.  Heart medication they would not need, if it weren't for this vaccine.

Again, informed consent is what I advocate.  

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

It's not just me, Buddy. The fact is out there anywhere you want to look. There have been studies.

Sorry it bothers you, but sometimes facts will do that. You just have to learn to live with them.

I never said there were no obese people.  You misread my comment.  All I'm saying is obesity doesn't mean we should not try to save people from Covid.

A List of World Class Athletes Who Died Or Suffered Severe Injuries After COVID-19 Vaccine : The COVID World

From the comments:

Here’s a few more:

Ronald Bilgione – Argentinian footballer dies from blood clots after second vaccine dose

Paul Zisper, 27, Munich basketball pro, has emergency surgery after brain hemorrhage related to J&J

David Jenkins, 31, Olympic silver medalist diver unexpectedly passes away

Ewan Fraser, 30, Glasgow hockey player suffered cardiac arrest, passes away

16 year old youth suffered cardiac arrest after weightlifting

Jen Gouveia, 38, suffered cardiac arrest during a run

Josh Archibald, 28, Oilers hockey forward out indefinitely due to myocarditis

Christian Eriksen, 29, Collapses at Euros due to heart issue

Kamila Label-Farrel, 19, Uni Basketball Star died unexpectedly

Three young Belgian cyclists suffer heart issues following race

Ceylin Alvarado, 23, pro cyclists out for season due to blood complications

Avi Barot, 29, Saurashtra cricketer suffers cardiac arrest, passes away

Abou Ali, 22, professional footballer collapses on pitch during game

Fabrice NSakala, 31, Besiktas defender collapses on pitch during game

Jens De Smet, 27, footballer collapses on field, passes away of heart attack

Jente van Genechten, 25, footballer collapses on field due to heart attack

Frederic Lartillot, French footballer collapses in changing room, passes away due to heart attack after game

Benjamin Taft, 31, German footballer collapses after game, passes away due to heart attack

Rune Coghe, 18, Belgian footballer suffers cardiac arrest on pitch

Helen Edwards, referee taken off court during World Cup qualifier due to heart issues

Dimitri Lienard, 33, FC Strasbourg midfielder collapses during game

Sergio Aguero, 33, Barecelona star striker admitted to hospital for cardiac exam after match

Emil Palsson, 28, Sognal midfielder collapses due to cardiac arrest during game

Luis Ojeda, 20, Argentine football player unexpectedly passes away

Greg Luyssen, 22, Belgian pro cyclist ends career due to heart issues

Cienna Knowles, 19, equestrian star hospitalized due to blood clots

Cody Garbrandt of the UFC had severe reaction to vaccine, out of UFC for months

VERY incomplete. Off the top of my head:

https://exxpress.at/schock-in-der-eishockey-liga-bratislava-spieler-nach-zusammenbruch-tot/

And many soccer players I don’t see listed who died on or near the field.

Compilation of Athletes Suffering Cardiac Arrest - Videos - sovren.media

Edited by Goddess

Somewhere far far way in a society of active citizens and responsible governments informed and voluntary consent may have been the case. Here though if Heaven forbid anything comes out one, two or some decades after the departure of the bandwagon, we will have an inquiry, compensation (out of the future taxpayer's pocket whose else) and an apology. Maybe. You only receive that you ordered and paid for.

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It's ironic that you chose to use the words "I can see why" in the same sentence where you just proved that you don't understand the topic at all.

Healthy people under 50 are at basically no risk at all of dying from covid. You need to understand that last sentence in order to weigh in on the topic with any credibility at all blackbird. It's all right here: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1228632/number-covid-deaths-canada-by-age/

If you look at the graph then you can see that only about 630 Canadians under 50 died of covid since the very beginning.

That's 630 people out of approximately 25,000,000, or one out of every 40,000 or so Canadians under 50.

Just think about the unhealthiest <50 person out of 40,000..... that's who died of covid under 50 yrs old.

Tell me blackbird, why do 25 million Canadians under 50 need to get vaccinated if the vaccine works? By your own logic - "the vaccines work" - so if we just protect the people 50+ (more realistically 65+) then there should be almost no covid deaths. 

Why do people between 12-30 need to get vaccinated blackbird? Look at the stats and then come up with a realistic answer, not some fear mongering bullshit (Big Pharma propaganda) that you heard from Fauci. 

It's alarming how many prominent pro-choice activists die of 'covid', because it's far higher than the statistics would predict. Parhar doesn't look like the 1/40,000. 

There are no 'deniers', just people who follow stats and know how to interpret them.

When a fat 59 yr old, like famous "anti-vaxxer" that died in England last year, dies of covid, it's because he didn't understand that he was actually in the target demographic. 

aKdfu57.gif 

Just remember this: the Spanish Flu and the various 'plagues' are not comparables for covid at all

Anyone who talks about those things and then mixes covid in with them is a pure idiot.

Some of the hardest-hit demographics with Spanish flu were 28 yr-old men and pregnant wormen. IE, the healthiest people of all were at a very high risk from the Spanish flu. Covid is THE EXACT OPPOSITE of that. 66% of the people who died from covid in Canada were over 80 years old, but only 4% of our population is in that group. 

Blackbird, please understand that covid almost exclusively kills very old people with co-morbidities. Outside of that it's a bad flu. That's step 1. 

Also note that children who would have a 99.999% chance of surviving covid have died or gotten extremely severe side-effects from the vaccinations, such as pericarditis and myocarditis, so getting the shot is actually worse for them than covid. That's step 2. 

You're not just asking people to do something that's extremely safe which offers them some kind of benefit, you're forcing people to take an experimental dose of medication that doesn't really work, which wears off, which still allows for the spread of covid, and which comes with its own serious health risks. 

If you took it, good for you. Just know that unless you're extremely old or very unhealthy, it's not doing anything at all for you. If you're not in one of the aforementioned categories then you're just padding the stats for the vaccines, because your risk level didn't change at all. In any event, you will surely still spread covid if you're exposed to it, and you can still get sick and die. Those are the facts. But go ahead and try to force everyone else to take it, just because you did.

Covid nazis remind me of my fellow strata owners back when I owned my condo, and there was a vote coming up about pet restrictions. I asked some people in the elevator how they were going to vote, and a common answer was "I don't have any pets so I'm voting to get rid of them." I'd say "Why, do you hear barking or meowing? Do you smell pet odours, or get bothered by animals in common areas?" They'd say "Nope, I just don't don't have one". Me: "Why don't you want other people to have them then? Do you think that it will raise or lower the value of our condos if we can't have pets anymore? Do you know that people who live here won't be able to get another cat or dog when their current pet dies, so they will be forced to move if they want another pet?" Then.... "Duh, I didn't think of any of those things." Bloody morons. FWIW the pet restrictions remained unchanged.  

Everyone has to do their part to stop the spread of Covid.  It doesn't matter what age one is.  They can still spread it.  The experts say unvaccinated people spread is more than vaccinated people.  So just because someone is younger than 50 or 60, doesn't mean they should not get vaccinated.  Everyone should do their part to protect Canadians.  Vaccination is a simple quick thing.  Showing a vaccine passport is easy and only takes seconds.

Edited by blackbird

7 minutes ago, myata said:

we will have an inquiry, compensation (out of the future taxpayer's pocket whose else) and an apology.

There will be no compensation for vaccine injuries or deaths.

All the Big Pharmas made governments sign that they would in no way hold them responsible or claim for compensation if this turns into a giant $h*t$h0w.

11 minutes ago, Goddess said:

There will be no compensation for vaccine injuries or deaths.

All the Big Pharmas made governments sign that they would in no way hold them responsible or claim for compensation if this turns into a giant $h*t$h0w.

Yes I am always leery when government conspires with Big Pharma.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Pfizer has added an ingredient to the children's shots - tromethamine.

It is used to reduce acute pericarditis.

Side effects of it include:

• tightness in the chest, shortness of breath, trouble breathing, sweating
  • dizziness, shaking, fast heartbeat
  • feeling confused, lightheaded
  • difficulty swallowing or talking,, swelling of the face, lips, tongue and throat
  • febrile responses, hypoglycemia, thrombosis

Tromethamine may cause severe tissue damage if the drug leaks from the vein.

IMO, parents of children - who are at almost 0 risk of dying from covid - should think long and hard before giving their children anything that includes heart attack medication.  Heart medication they would not need, if it weren't for this vaccine.

Again, informed consent is what I advocate.  

Unsurprisingly Democrats and Liberals in the USA are pushing the vaccine on children now.  There is just no stopping them.

10 minutes ago, Goddess said:

How many healthy children and young adults have to die or be permanently disabled before you feel "safe"?

Frankly that comment doesn't make any sense.  Experts tell us that young people are in danger of more harm from Covid than vaccination.  I will stick to my belief that society in general needs to be protected from Covid.  

14 minutes ago, Goddess said:

How many healthy children and young adults have to die or be permanently disabled before you feel "safe"?

Very few children or young adults have died or been disabled by vaccination.  You need to get out of the dark ages.  Vaccination has saved millions of lives in the last 75 years.  Covid is no different.  The rare case gets pericarditis but this is usually just temporary and is treatable.  People do not die.  If anyone died, it would be extremely rare.  Covid is a much worse risk.  You must be reading the conspiracy websites.

I try to approach COVID from a pragmatic perspective.  And from that perspective it really is one monstrous nothing burger compared to what we were told by the fearmongers 2 years ago.  It never came close to killing 1 to 2 percent of the population.  But it is also a sword I won't die on.  My employer wants me to be vaccinated so I am.  Actually I got vaccinated before that because I wanted to go to the movie theatre and take part in normal life.  So it doesn't hurt to get it but I also was never under real threat as far as I can tell - and I'm in a high risk group.  But now that they are gunning for our kids I am not particularly impressed.  Leave the under 12 out of it please.

• Like 2