Returning to normal

myata

1 hour ago, cougar said:

In my opinion you need to undergo some therapy to get the thoughts of MPs making over $400K off your mind.  Not that it is not true; it is just not helping you and not changing a thing. 

Society is a part of nature and I find nothing depressing or emotional in observing it. There are societies that try to encourage positive management feedback; there are those that ignore it by choice and we call them authoritarian. And there are curious ones that believe that they can sprinkle negative feedback, feudal management hierarchies with democratic icing and that would make a difference. I find that amusing and worthy of attention and mentioning. Nothing personal and nothing emotional.

Edited by myata

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

How many health care systems in other countries have you used? You just rant about generalities. 

As said, one only needs eyes and a brain. For example I knew a colleague from Switzerland who was horrified by an 8 hour wait in an emergency room with a broken ankle and that was long before Covid. One can ignore reality, stubbornly and deliberately but only at the price of departing from it even further.

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

So what's your solution. 

A good solution would be if we considered every possible way to fight covid instead of putting all of our eggs in one basket with the vaccines.

Politicians act like this is an all hands on deck situation yet they made covid into a single-source contract. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

A good solution would be if we considered every possible way to fight covid instead of putting all of our eggs in one basket with the vaccines.

Politicians act like this is an all hands on deck situation yet they made covid into a single-source contract. 

Vaccines are the key if you want the health care system to cope. What other possible ways are there that don't put pressure on the health care system?

Edited by Aristides

4 hours ago, myata said:

Nothing personal and nothing emotional.

I see the MPs and their salaries mentioned in many of your posts.  So there is emotion in it for sure.

Don't let it drag you down.

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

Vaccines are the key if you want the health care system to cope. What other possible ways are there that don't put pressure on the health care system?

TBH, I don't really think that the vaccines work. If they did then there'd be herd immunity, the vaccinated people wouldn't be dying, and there'd be no need to vaccinate children.

Literally the minute that we got to 75% vaccinated "Delta threw us a curve". Uhhhh, so there was never even 1 second when the vaccines gave us real protection from covid, but Fauci et al are still selling it like it's gold.

So many covid lies since the beginning, I think I'm more at risk of dropping dead from just hearing the truth from the MSM for once than I am from covid. 

35 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

TBH, I don't really think that the vaccines work. If they did then there'd be herd immunity, the vaccinated people wouldn't be dying, and there'd be no need to vaccinate children.

Literally the minute that we got to 75% vaccinated "Delta threw us a curve". Uhhhh, so there was never even 1 second when the vaccines gave us real protection from covid, but Fauci et al are still selling it like it's gold.

So many covid lies since the beginning, I think I'm more at risk of dropping dead from just hearing the truth from the MSM for once than I am from covid. 

Vaccines are the only way to keep the health care system from being overwhelmed. They are also the only way to achieve herd immunity but they can't do that if people wont take them.

This is a totally new virus, why would you expect to know everything about it from the beginning?

6 hours ago, Aristides said:

Vaccines are the only way to keep the health care system from being overwhelmed. They are also the only way to achieve herd immunity but they can't do that if people wont take them.

This is a totally new virus, why would you expect to know everything about it from the beginning?

99% of people survive without the vaccine, most have no symptoms. The natural immunity is longer lasting. Or did you forget.

9 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I like what happened in India. The virus went away on its own. How that happen?

Also in the UK, where they are now above 40,000 cases per day and remain open anyway, there’s a different “experiment” running.

Keep in mind, the number of people reporting covid is maybe only 1/10 the number who have it.

Edited by OftenWrong

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

I like what happened in India. The virus went away on its own. How that happen?

Also in the UK, where they are now above 40,000 cases per day and remain open anyway, there’s a different “experiment” running.

Keep in mind, the number of people reporting covid is maybe only 1/10 the number who have it.

World is a large place and fortunately we have examples that clearly show that people-management as opposed to smart, resourceful and effective disease management is not the only option, not a salvation, not a necessity but only a choice. More precisely, the choice of entitled, self-absorbed bureaucracies and the populace that has no means and gave up trying to control them.

Edited by myata

8 hours ago, Aristides said:

Vaccines are the only way to keep the health care system from being overwhelmed.

Why do you keep repeating this mistruth? Several times you were shown real examples of jurisdictions that never were in a crisis, managed the epidemics successfully while allowing the society to operate more or less normally. So, no a permanent panic mode is not the only way, only a choice - that of incompetent, ineffective bureaucracies that spent most or all of the money given by the public on themselves and when an effective, working system was actually needed could produce only aiiiii! and oiiiii!

Edited by myata

10 hours ago, cougar said:

I see the MPs and their salaries mentioned in many of your posts.

Yes in a democratic society when and if you see something that does not look right, even just as an individual citizen, there's nothing wrong with noticing and declaring it. Including how public funds are spent in a democratic, presumably, society, on what, with what results and outcomes. This is the only way change can happen if it can happen at all, which is by far not a given or even hope in this country but the statement still stands. There are many, many ways do distract oneself from unpleasant parts of the reality or those that make little sense, the problem with that is that distraction, detachment, making alternate realities within mind will do nothing to change the one that is real, or even slightest possibility of changing it. And then the country may be well on its way to Latin America, where those at the trough divide and consume public pie while everybody else, just survives.

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

99% of people survive without the vaccine, most have no symptoms. The natural immunity is longer lasting. Or did you forget.

It isn't known how long infection immunity lasts or how effective it is against variants. Studies are showing that people who have been infected should also get vaccinated. 

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Yep. Questions?

Ten million new cases since July isn't disappearing. It is slowing down but of course the fact 70% of the population has had at least one shot couldn't have anything do with it now. Could it? It must be the Ivermectin.?

Edited by Aristides

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Yep. Questions?

Nope.  Just confirming that in your world, ~15,000 new cases and ~400 deaths per day = "virus went away" and that getting ~75% of the entire population with at least one dose of the vaccine = "on it's own".  It's a strange world you live in.

5 hours ago, myata said:

There are many, many ways do distract oneself from unpleasant parts of the reality or those that make little sense, the problem with that is that distraction, detachment, making alternate realities within mind will do nothing to change the one that is real,

Mentioning the MP's salaries or other wrongs on this board repeatedly will not make any of them go away.

What is real is your own life, which can be negatively impacted by negative thoughts.  If you have a plan on how to bring the MP's salaries down, or better still, to make my salary go up to their levels, I am really interested to hear it.

Just want to make sure you are not fighting the Wind Mills.

16 hours ago, Aristides said:

Herd immunity was pegged at 70-80% vaxxed, then we got to 80% and it's theoretically not nearly enough, so we have mandates and covid-divisiveness.

Places with 90% still have covid outbreaks. This isn't a campaign to get people vaxxed, it's a campaign to get us vaccine-dependent and get Big Pharma rich.

FYI it's possible to lie about something even though you don't have all the facts.

It was a lie for the WHO to declaratively say that H2H transmission wasn't occurring at the point when they didn't know for certain that was the case. 

It certainly was a lie for the WHO to say that H2H transmission wasn't occurring when they knew for a fact that it was. 

It was a lie to say that HCQ kills people and makes them blind.

The first study that came out in the NEJM and The Lancet that showed that HCQ didn't work had to be retracted because it was fake science. But they weren't censured at all. The MSM ignored it.

It was a lie for the Dems and MSM to say that banning flights from China was racist. Trudeau banned flights from India to stop "THE DELTA VARIANT!" and no one ever called that racist.

It was a lie to say that "the vaccines will be safe". No one could possibly have known that would be the case at the time it was being told to us.

It was a lie to say that "the vaccines are safe" once it was determined that the vaccines were killing people. People still say that now, and it's 100% false.

It was a lie to act like Trudeau was successfully fighting covid when he was doing everything 100% wrong and our covid numbers were abysmal for a country with such a low population and such low pop density.

The MSM still completely ignores deaths caused by vaxxing, and that's a form of lying as well. 

The topic of dbl-vaxxed deaths is downplayed by about 99%, a form of twisting the covid narrative, aka lying.

The Gov't of Ont posted a covid study that went from Dec 14th 2020 to Aug 8th 2021 and tried to act like it was somehow proof of something. There wasn't a singl dbl-vaxxed person in Canada until February, and even as late as mid-May the numbers were something like 300,000 dbl-vaxxed and 14,000,000 who weren't. That's just past the end of flu season. In July the number of dbl-vaxxed surpassed the single & unvaxxed, and the study ended weeks later. In all, they had 2 reasonable months to compare cases, but they were summer months, which are well outside of the flu season. And fwiw, covid's 2020 numbers followed the traditional flu season curve. 

Israel's dismal covid numbers were twisted by our MSM. https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/israeli-doctors-find-severe-covid-19-breakthrough-cases-mostly-in-older-sicker-patients-1.5554818 They had no choice but to acknowledge that the Pfizer vax was failing over there, so they described covid cases in a way that they never had before - they said that it was almost exclusively affecting the very elderly with compromised immune systems. In all honesty, that's the way covid works among the unvaccinated as well, but CTV still doesn't tell us that 2/3 of covid deaths in Canada are among those 80+, who account for about 4% of the population (in other words, the other 96% of the population only has 33% of the deaths). 

CTV headlines the rare instances when "healthy" (usually obese, possibly smokers) people under 60 die of covid from as far away as England, but they completely ignore vax-induced deaths in children. Jacob Clynick was the 13 yr-old from Chicago who apparently died of the vaccination back in July but his death was never mentioned here. Almost 4 months later there has still never been an official cause of death given in his case, aside from the myocarditis/pericarditis that's a hallmark of vaxxing. Why the stark contrast in standards? Why don't they report on all of the athletes who were gravely affected by the vax? Why is none of the MSM's reporting factual/unbiased? Why is there a bias at all in their reporting? It's not weird that there's bias, it's just shocking how much bias there actually is.

In BC and Ont, the two key battleground provinces in the last federal election, covid cases were underreported before the election. It was on the cover of the Vancouver Province newspaper, and just a week later Ont reported that they made the same 'mistake' in the month before the election. Somehow two provinces both got their covid numbers wrong for one month before the election, but in every other month in every single province in the country before and after the election the covid numbers were 'accurate'. That's weird, and by weird I mean 'politically motivated bullshit'.

The CDC came out and disclosed the fact that on 94% of "covid" death certificates in the US, covid is only one of the causes of death listed. IE, only 6% of the people who "died of covid" died of covid alone. That means that when they showed the bloated total of 600,000 covid deaths, only about 36,000 people died of covid alone. 

MSM/Fauci: "Natural immunity doesn't work. There was a guy in China who got covid, recovered, and then got covid again and died from it. Only the vaccines will work." (obviously bullshit - once your body develops adaptive immunity to covid then you have the same kind of immunity that the mRNA vaccine tells your cells to produce, likely more immunity) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK279396/ Somehow they told us this one unverified anecdote from all the way over in China (aka the land of the trustworthy government) and used that to completely overrule everything that science ever taught us about viruses and immunity. To this day, natural immunity officially means nothing because of "The Anecdote That Rewrote Science!!"  

Why is it that the people in North American who have seen the most left-wing news coverage about covid are, by far, the most ignorant about covid-related matters? They think that the hospitalization rate is twenty times higher than it actually is overall, they have no clue how rare it is for young people to get ill from covid, or how similar the covid death toll is to that of the normal seasonal flu among young people. Spoiler alert: it's because left-wing news is a complete farce.

My own doctor told me that dbl-vaxxed people don't die of covid. He looked me and my wife right in the eye and said that to us. That may be true enough for a leftist, because what they want to be true forms their baseline for 'truth', but I prefer the actual truth with all of its warts. I'll happily arrive at the reasonable conclusion when provided with some honest facts, but I don't like being lied into a corner. I'm not a fan of Machiavellian medicine, where they lie to you and apply undue pressure in order to get you to do what they want you to. 

• Like 1