Returning to normal

myata

Vaccine mandates created controversy and backlash: Chicago police. If it was not stupid and counterproductive naivite then it could be deliberate abuse of power, to distract attention of the society from the dismal state of the system and responsibility of those who benefited from massive spending of public funds on it. As with "travel from Wuhan" questions need to be asked and answered: who made these decisions? How they were made? What arguments supported them, as opposed to voluntary measures and education? And the last and most important one: who is answering questions here?

Who needed mandates that caused and causing controversy and backlash when voluntary compliance was high and vaccination levels increasing? Was it done to distract attention of the public from dismal state of the public health system, "substandard," "in crisis", "crumbling" on which countless public billions were spent over decades?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2021/09/vaccine-mandates-covid-pandemic-german-nazi-inoculation-policy

But... but... but....

Honestly the whole "nazis" labeling is tiresome.  Give it a rest.  

Yes, I was told here that the Nazi comparison was ridiculous because the accusations against the Jews were racial and not about public health.  I knew that was incorrect but I needed to go back to a book I had to confirm.

Yes, It was absolutely framed as a public health issue in the beginning.

Jews were said to be the carriers and spreaders of Typhoid.  The Nazi propaganda machine of media and doctors force-fed the public "evidence" that convinced everyone that typhus was not a public health issue for everyone, only that the Jews were the cause of it all ("pandemic of the unvaccinated", anyone?)

For this reason, at the start of the Nazi propaganda, Jews were restricted form everyday life, denied employment, Jewish businesses were blacklisted and it ended in the Kristallnacht.

German doctors and public health officials in the Nazi regime helped advance these antisemitic ideas. They did not acknowledge that the German invasion of Poland and the creation of Jewish ghettos were actually responsible for creating typhus epidemics in occupied Poland by imposing hunger, poverty, overcrowding, and unsanitary conditions.3 Instead, German medical professionals published essays claiming that Jewish people’s supposedly “low cultural level” and "uncleanliness" were to blame.

The respected status of German physicians helped spread the lie that Jews were responsible for spreading typhus. Concerned only with preserving the health of German personnel, German public health officials in occupied Poland repeatedly urged occupation authorities to isolate Jews further from the rest of the population and deny them access to medicine.4 Their professional medical advice was used to rationalize the creation of Jewish ghettos throughout occupied Poland.5 German occupation authorities used propaganda posters like this one to spread these unfounded justifications for the isolation of Jews from Polish society.

Propaganda Poster: “Jews Are Lice: They Cause Typhus” | Experiencing History: Holocaust Sources in Context (ushmm.org)

If you don't see the similarities to how the German government, media and doctors divided German society to foment hatred against a group, then you are willfully blind and I fear for our future.

Screenshot_20211022-000845.jpg

Recently, Trudeau was campaigning and angrily called unvaxxed people "THOSE people" who were destroying Canada.

Remember when Don Cherry was fired for saying that about a different group because it was divisive?

I remember that.

Absolutely, our government, media and medical are becoming a propaganda machine that is demonizing one segment of society.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Do you still beat your wife?

You and @Goddess are making claims that the vaccines are akin to Nazi medical experiments, but  are afraid to answer a question about the scientist who are perpetuating this evil?

Should Pfizer scientists be charged with crimes against humanity?

Edited by TreeBeard

Median income for a single individual in Canada is $33,800 (StatCanada)

The salary of a chief PHO is close to $400,000 with benefits and allowances. Public hospital CEO can have up to and over a million. At that level of compensation, does it still look like an "in crisis" "crumbling" system, or already somewhat like a third world, Latin American system?

A system where rulers get obscenely rich without any relation to the reality of the country or the results they produce, for the country. Who said that these folks merit 10 times and more, median wage or a regular Canadian? Is it because of outstanding service and contribution, what is it, where can it be seen? In the permanently in crisis mode, don't blow on it "crumbling" system?

We ended up with a bizarre mix of democratic phraseology and feudal management system. Is it going to work in this century, and for how long?

Edited by myata

5 minutes ago, myata said:

In a feudal system there's no relation between the the compensation of the ruler and the results they deliver, that is, the condition of the country. Why should there be?

In a feudal system, wasn’t the compensation of the landowner (ruler) tied to what their land could produce (deliver)?  Of course, the more serfs one had, and the less they were paid, the more the profits.  But, it would seem to me, their wealth was definitely tied to what they could produce.

19 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

You and @Goddess are making claims that the vaccines are akin to Nazi medical experiments, but  are afraid to answer a question about the scientist who are perpetuating this evil?

Authoritarians often expect obedience...don'tcha?

An average salary in Norway is about $US 70,000. An MP gets about twice that. Now check the state of the public health system, Covid statistics and shutdown record. There's a difference between responsible democratic governance and feudal-style government. And now, thanks strange as it sounds to the pandemic we can see it with our own eyes.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Authoritarians often expect obedience...don'tcha?

Don’t I what?

Why are you avoiding the question of what should happen to the scientists who are perpetuating the biggest evil on the world populace that we have seen in our lifetimes?

According to you and @Goddess, this is a world-wide Nazi-like medical experiments on a massive scale.  And you won’t even answer a simple question of what should happen to the scientists who invented, lied about the safety and are encouraging medical experiments on the population?

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

Don’t I what?

Why are you avoiding the question of what should happen to the scientists who are perpetuating the biggest evil on the world populace that we have seen in our lifetimes?

According to you and @Goddess, this is a world-wide Nazi-like medical experiments on a massive scale.  And you won’t even answer a simple question of what should happen to the scientists who invented, lied about the safety and are encouraging medical experiments on the population?

You just don't get it. I was talking to my friend Goddess...not some cheap suit Tolkien character.

Just now, myata said:

An average salary in Norway is about $US 70,000. An MP gets about twice that. Now check the state of the public health system, Covid statistics and shutdown record. There's a difference between responsible democratic governance and feudal-style government. And now, thanks strange as it sounds to the pandemic we can see it with our own eyes.

I agree.  We should emulate Norway as much as possible.  It is probably the gold standard of the world.

Any idea how the after-tax salaries of Norway compare to Canada?

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

You just don't get it. I was talking to my friend Goddess...not some cheap suit Tolkien character.

So when I asked you a question by quoting your post, and you responded quoting my post, you were actually responding to @Goddess?  

Can you see why I might be a bit confused?  Most people quote the posts they’re responding to.

41 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

You do realize that the Nuremberg trials took place quite a while AFTER everything went down, right?

You do realize that the scientists and doctors who were complicit in the crimes were executed, right?

So, yes.

I believe any scientist, doctor, politician should be charged with crimes against humanity.

I also believe that when the Allied soldiers marched the German citizenry through the camps to see what they had participated in and turned a blind eye to and forced them to bury the bodies, that was a little bit of justice.

I wonder why you are arguing nitpicky points instead of addressing the actual points?

I do hope that people like you who went along with the government's propaganda and gleefully took rights and privileges away from their fellow citizens, mocking them the entire time - also receive the justice you deserve.

I have no issue with people who chose the vax.  It's their decision.  It's the smug mocking of others and the willfully blind support of clear governmental propaganda and overreach that makes you culpable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

I wonder why you are arguing nitpicky points instead of addressing the actual points?

Nit picky points?  I am addressing your points.  If they’re nitpicky, then stop bringing them up.

However, according to you this is the largest crime against humanity on a global scale and people, including those in the medical industry researching vaccines, should be executed.  

To me, that is the entire point and all that should matter.  Whether I have to wear a mask, or restaurants are open, or I have to be vaccinated to go out and play are nitpicky.

Calling for the execution of Pfizer scientists, Trudeau, Biden, Trump, Faucci, Hinshaw, Bonnie Henry, and all the other world leaders, scientists, CEOs of pharma companies and health executives who participated in Nazi-like experiments is a pretty important point.

14 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I have no issue with people who chose the vax.

Shouldn’t you be concerned that we are being experimented upon akin to Nazis experimenting on Jews?   Would you have sat back and said the same thing when the Nazis were experimenting on Jews, or would you have tried to do something about it?

Here's an interesting piece about patriotic "ziganwu" social media bloggers guess where. Note the part where they target a scientists who suggested learning to live with Covid instead of glorious war to "defeat it for good" (that's from another ad, in a different geographical location, you can guess). Reminds of anything?