Returning to normal

myata

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

The Nazis co-opted Christmas too…   Should we stop celebrating that evil Nazi holiday?

So we already know you're cool with unvaxxed people being ostracized from regular society, cool with them losing their jobs, cool with them being denied healthcare, cool with having everyone's established human rights eliminated, cool with governments and Big Pharma experimenting on their citizens, cool with forcing medical procedures on people...

Do you have a point where you would say, Nope that's far enough?  It doesn't seem like you do.

4 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

The Nazis co-opted Christmas too…   Should we stop celebrating that evil Nazi holiday?

Are you sure your masters won't ban Christmas? 

• Vaccinated: Indoor private social gatherings are limited to 2 households (yours plus one other) up to a maximum of 10 vaccine-eligible, vaccinated people and no restrictions on children under 12.
  • Unvaccinated: Indoor social gatherings are not permitted for vaccine-eligible people who are unvaccinated.

https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx

That's Alberta though. They throw Priests in jail for public gatherings there. So no Christmas services would be my guess.

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

Actually he does show the smoke traveling without the mask. Unfortunately the video is presented to start at the money shot where he's vaping with the mask on. If you'd started at the beginning you would see he takes a puff and vapes without the mask. There's a noticeable difference in amount but not distance. Nevertheless the fact remains much of the vape escapes with the mask.

I've also seen a video of somebody vaping through a mask in cold weather and a painter showing how much paint manages seep through around openings even with a painter's mask.

Also there's a video of a scientist doing a study showing how aerosol lingers in the air as opposed to droplets which drop almost immediately.

I'm noticing mask fans like to encourage you to think of the virus as traveling in droplets rather than on carpets of aerosol.

My reading tells me the actual virus is - I think it was - 600 smaller in diameter than the smallest hair on your head and travels on an aerosol particle that is about half the size of the holes in your average drug store face diaper...or...pardon me...mask.

What do you mean there is no difference in distance, the whole shot disappears in a cloud of smoke, it even goes past the camera.

6 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

No, I don’t think it can happen. 

In fact, I question the mental stability of those who do think it can happen.

I think it's something everyone should be thinking about right now.  Whether you think it could happen or not.

I bet the German citizenry said, Nope, I don't think that could ever happen, too.

Maybe if they had given it some thought and recognized the signs of encroaching governmental power, more people would've been shocked when they started rounding up people into cattle cars.  Would that even shock you?  Or would you believe rounding up unvaxxed is "for the greater good"?

5 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Are you sure your masters won't ban Christmas? 

https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx

That's Alberta though. They throw Priests in jail for public gatherings there. So no Christmas services would be my guess.

They also set up a snitch line - so you could snitch on neighbours who had one too many people at Thanksgiving or just had anybody over at all.

11 minutes ago, Aristides said:

What do you mean there is no difference in distance, the whole shot disappears in a cloud of smoke, it even goes past the camera.

Yeah maybe, I don't know. It doesn't seem important enough to go back and review it with my tape measure of the eye. 

But hey, you know what I do find interesting? I was talking about this with somebody else on another thread. 

There's this thing people do in discussion. I notice it most blatantly with what I call 'Progs." I used to call it lassoing but now I'm calling it 'Progressive Cowboying.'

Basically they can get a herd of information. They lasso some withered, diseased runt out of the herd bring it to you, present it and expect you to believe that's what the whole herd looks like.

Edited by Infidel Dog

23 minutes ago, Goddess said:

So we already know you're cool with unvaxxed people being ostracized from regular society, cool with them losing their jobs, cool with them being denied healthcare, cool with having everyone's established human rights eliminated, cool with governments and Big Pharma experimenting on their citizens, cool with forcing medical procedures on people...

Denied healthcare - where did I say the unvaccinated should be denied healthcare?

Forcing medical procedures - Who is doing this and where is it being done?

Do you have a point where you would say, Nope that's far enough?  It doesn't seem like you do.

Yes.

4 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Denied healthcare - where did I say the unvaccinated should be denied healthcare?

Forcing medical procedures - Who is doing this and where is it being done?

Yes.

Would that be Before or After they start dragging people from their homes?

Before or After the gas chambers?

If you’ll indulge me using metaphor and symbolism, I do think we’re in an extremely turbulent epoch.  The Holocaust was a significant period of biblical proportion because it forced people to decide in the moment what they truly think and support.  It shattered illusions that we carry about ourselves and easy superficial identifiers like country of origin or race.  I do wonder if we’re seeing a similar period of mass hypnosis.  Hitler made a very strange remark in a speech, that he walked with the certainty of a sleepwalker.  The recent cultural fascination with zombies may be very telling.  We seem to be suffering a kind of mass hysteria, justified or not, over public health purity. Covid death and climate crisis loom as constant existential threats in our mass media.  We scroll through the most fear provoking headlines seeking just the right biochemical stimulation.

We look for silver bullets that don’t exist and saviours who will make it all go away.  The left promises to follow science yet succumbs to the same tendencies as the right to buy into various snake oils in the form of policy restrictions.  The right offers the promise of untethered freedom, but biological limitations are real.  Somehow people must navigate these two incomplete options.  I believe in careful public health policy, but there should be limits to the extent of infringements on human freedom.

So much has been violated in the name of fighting this crisis, but when it’s become clear that no amount of policy will end the crisis and that violations of labour conditions, freedom of movement, assembly, and so much more have become the norm, it’s time to seriously question the value of such restrictions.  We’ve accepted the vaccine mandates and restrictions.  Now what?  Continue them forever?   Some days I’m so exhausted from wearing masks all day and staring at computer screens, yet I’m told that if we violate any of the stringent workplace policies, the Ministry of Labour could fine us and put us through hell.  So much for labour rights and humane working conditions.  How long are we expected to embrace these restrictions?   How much longer do we bow to our trusted leaders whom we’re told we should trust for the greater good?   At times I’ve felt like a slave. Zombies indeed.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Who has ever suggested that restrictions need to carry on forever?  Please be specific.

You don’t need a weatherman to see which way the wind blows.  Have restrictions lifted where you live?  It’s been almost 20 months with no end in sight, after almost 85% of eligible people are vaccinated.  End all restrictions immediately.

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Some days I’m so exhausted from wearing masks all day and staring at computer screens, yet I’m told that if we violate any of the stringent workplace policies, the Ministry of Labour could fine us and put us through hell.  So much for labour rights and humane working conditions.  How long are we expected to embrace these restrictions?   How much longer do we bow to our trusted leaders whom we’re told we should trust for the greater good?   At times I’ve felt like a slave. Zombies indeed.

I get your frustration.  Be happy you are allowed to work at all, my wife was just informed today that she has been fired from her job of 6 years, despite a previous policy from her employer that they would accept weekly testing. They decided to change the rules today, and she's unemployed as of end of the month. It's going to make things tough.

Just now, Spiderfish said:

I get your frustration.  Be happy you are allowed to work at all, my wife was just informed today that she has been fired from her job of 6 years, despite a previous policy from her employer that they would accept weekly testing. They decided to change the rules today, and she's unemployed as of end of the month. It's going to make things tough.

Yup that’s just wrong.  I literally predict civil war in the US if this insanity continues.  End all restrictions immediately and let people live their lives as they see fit.  Our ICUs will manage.  We’re so violated and exhausted that we can’t muster the energy to push back.  The puritanical smugishness over this mistreatment is disgusting.

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You don’t need a weatherman to see which way the wind blows.  Have restrictions lifted where you live?  It’s been almost 20 months with no end in sight, after almost 85% of eligible people are vaccinated.  

There are still restrictions.  Do you think we can look at examples of what happens when restrictions are lifted too quickly?

Alberta/Sask lifted restrictions quicker than most and hospitals are very close to being overwhelmed.  The Conservative Health Minister became teary-eyed about the situation in Sask.  

End all restrictions immediately.

Do you think the general public supports the restrictions that are in place?

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yup that’s just wrong.  I literally predict civil war in the US if this insanity continues.  End all restrictions immediately and let people live their lives as they see fit.  Our ICUs will manage.  We’re so violated and exhausted that we can’t muster the energy to push back.  The puritanical smugishness over this mistreatment is disgusting.

It is wrong. It just got real around our place. The level of absolute betrayal we feel right now from our government, who we elect and trust to work for us, not against us, is honestly difficult to put into words.

• Like 2

There are still restrictions.  Do you think we can look at examples of what happens when restrictions are lifted too quickly?

Alberta/Sask lifted restrictions quicker than most and hospitals are very close to being overwhelmed.  The Conservative Health Minister became teary-eyed about the situation in Sask.  

Do you think the general public supports the restrictions that are in place?

I think the general public has succumbed to the constant bombardment of fear and panic that generates clicks in the media.  Those tears are performative.  Unfortunately Alberta couldn’t sustain a resistance.  Perhaps Texas and Florida can.  It’s no accident that Americans are migrating to those states in droves.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think the general public has succumbed to the constant bombardment of fear and panic that generates clicks in the media.  Those tears are performative.  Unfortunately Alberta couldn’t sustain a resistance.  Perhaps Texas and Florida can.  It’s no accident that Americans are migrating to those states in droves.  

It's true that Alta and Sask couldn't sustain a resistance to the virus.

22 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think the general public has succumbed to the constant bombardment of fear and panic that generates clicks in the media.    

Or could it be that the general public has different values than yourself?  

Those tears are performative.  Unfortunately Alberta couldn’t sustain a resistance.  Perhaps Texas and Florida can.  It’s no accident that Americans are migrating to those states in droves.

A resistance to whom?

(Texas’ growth rate hasn’t changed much the last few years)

Edited by TreeBeard

48 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Or could it be that the general public has different values than yourself?  

A resistance to whom?

(Texas’ growth rate hasn’t changed much the last few years)

You’re just wrong about Texas and I’m surprised you don’t know this.  

Nice try on the values.  I suggest that you think about who is bearing the brunt of the restrictions and how powerless they are.  As a communist you should think about the plight of the proles.  

As heard in the news today Liberals may be pressing (to be confirmed at a later day) for denying EI benefits to those fired for refusing mandatory vaccinations. A worker enters into a contract with employer. The latter changes the contract unilaterally and arbitrarily. Then denies the worker the benefits helping to find another employment.

I have a feeling that those ruling boys and girls have been a bit too long and too far at it. And the only way to stop it would be with massive, billions worth hopefully law suits, maybe class action and more than one. Sure it will never be out of their fat personal pockets but still Joes and Jills paying them would see where their hard earned buck is ending up in, instead of running hospitals and great roads. Or of course, we would find out that there's nothing wrong with it and that would mean that the train has arrived to authoritarian station where anonymous bureaucrat can have virtually unlimited control over citizen's life under whatever banner. Either way, a very valuable exercise. Would someone take up this important, and possibly, deciding for the next phase of democracy in this century task? Or we'll go to slumber under uncontested aegis of benevolent authority?

Edited by myata

7 hours ago, Spiderfish said:

If you actually want a response, may want to shelve the condescending, arrogant, douche routine. 

I did not need a response. Nothing more could be added.

We can share what we think, get into arguments here and there but no matter what we write, it has no impact on anything (save for our nerves, of course)

As some people would say - Dogs are barking, the camels keep going.