Returning to normal

myata

38 minutes ago, myata said:

Recent numbers posted in another thread (Delta variant) show that as of now, in countries with quality healthcare system and effective management the impact of Covid in the general population, under 70 and without health conditions is lower than that of the flu. Numbers don't lie and the answer is clear. Get back to your work, protect the vulnerable as was the responsibility in the first place that was failed miserably despite two decades of warning and stop harassing population that should be able to return to normal life.

Why is deaths of young people the only valid metric? Aren’t old people part of the population still?

Does it suit your narrative to cherry pick the data?

Edited by TreeBeard
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Why is deaths of young people the only valid metric? Aren’t old people part of the population still?

Does it suit your narrative to cherry pick the data?

You are either flooding this topic that is not genuine participation in a discussion; or being obtuse, deliberately or by nature I couldn't care because it was explained to you and not once that there has to be other ways to protect vulnerable groups than imposing unjustified blank restrictions on the general population and it's a direct responsibility of public health authorities to identify and implement such measures effectively and efficiently and that is what they are paid for by the public and not for lecturing, preaching and issuing indefinite edicts.

And now I'll ask you to leave this thread because you are not contributing to the discussion in good faith. Is that, at least, clear?

1 minute ago, myata said:

there has to be other ways to protect vulnerable groups than imposing unjustified blank restrictions on the general population

If restrictions are the the crux of the issue, then why do you keep mentioning the flu and comparing numbers?

Do you think most people hold the view that there shouldn’t be blanket restrictions, or is your view a minority position?

21 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Can you tell us what the actual deaths are and your source for that number?

**sigh**

How many times do we need to go over this before you stop JAQing off? Last time, since you don't seem to understand basics.

If the government says 28,000 people have died of covid - it's already been proven to you over and over again that that number does not reflect reality.  Many deaths being recorded as "covid" are not.  They are people who are elderly and terminally ill who would have died shortly anyways, likely in the same year - proven by NO upsurge in overall death rates.  Some deaths are not even remotely covid - such as the young boy with the brain tumor in Alberta that they only apologized for because they got caught fudging.

So, YOU can't even tell us what the actual deaths are, nor list any sources.

Knock off the JAQing.  You're making yourself look really unintelligent.

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

**sigh**

How many times do we need to go over this before you stop JAQing off? Last time, since you don't seem to understand basics.

If the government says 28,000 people have died of covid - it's already been proven to you over and over again that that number does not reflect reality.  Many deaths being recorded as "covid" are not.  They are people who are elderly and terminally ill who would have died shortly anyways, likely in the same year - proven by NO upsurge in overall death rates.  Some deaths are not even remotely covid - such as the young boy with the brain tumor in Alberta that they only apologized for because they got caught fudging.

So, YOU can't even tell us what the actual deaths are, nor list any sources.

Knock off the JAQing.  You're making yourself look really unintelligent.

So you don’t know the number of deaths from COVID….  But you know it isn’t what the experts say it is….  Because somehow most of these people who died of COVID were going to die anyway…. 

Did I get that right?

Any reliable citations that could back that up?  Until that happens, you only have proclamations, not proof.

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

I choose not to most of the time, because it's a poor debating technique.  And his questions often show he has a real lack of information and/or lack of intelligence and/or full of misinformation.  And he has exhibited a true lack of desire to change any of that about himself.  If it's not on MSM, it doesn't exist for him.  Like the number of deaths and adverse reactions to the vax.  Those mean nothing to him.  Or you.

You could be describing yourself!  Except for "MSM" -  if it doesn't come from some fringe website, it doesn't exist for you.

There have been virtually no deaths from the vaccine, but that means nothing to you - fearmongering about the vaccine is your agenda.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastCanada90 said:

jesus christ lmao... you actually got the nerve to compare non vaccinated people being treated the same as black slaves were lol? wow you just lost all creditability lol..  look you dont wanna get vaccinated  ? then fine.. you have to face the things that come with it being cut off from something fully vac people are allowed to do is it.. deal with it.

Somehow taxme thinks those people chose to be black and chose to be slaves. The persecution complex these people have has no limits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

So you don’t know the number of deaths from COVID….  But you know it isn’t what the experts say it is….  Because somehow most of these people who died of COVID were going to die anyway…. 

Did I get that right?

Any reliable citations that could back that up?  Until that happens, you only have proclamations, not proof.

And are we just suppose to take the government sources as gospel do you think they are 100 % right with no margin for error...nobody is that good, not even you, so it is reasonable to assume mistakes have been made to what extent we don't know because the government is not tracking or won't tell. Do i need a source for that.    .. like that child the other day was reported of dying of covid when he died of other medical complications, it was only noticed when the parents mentioned it to the media.. 

21 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Somehow taxme thinks those people chose to be black and chose to be slaves. The persecution complex these people have has no limits.

Taxme is that uncle we don't talk about, and yes that shinny thing on his head keeps the aliens from controlling his brain. 

48 minutes ago, dialamah said:

You could be describing yourself!  Except for "MSM" -  if it doesn't come from some fringe website, it doesn't exist for you.

There have been virtually no deaths from the vaccine, but that means nothing to you - fearmongering about the vaccine is your agenda.

Most media centers are not coving anything negative about the pandemic, so while not a Canadian site it does have some very reliable sources, 11,000 deaths in the US is NOT virtually no deaths...I wonder what Canada's numbers are ? 

Nearly 11,000 Deaths After COVID Vaccines Reported to CDC, as FDA Adds New Warning to J&J Vaccine – The Burning Platform

vaccine-death-report.pdf (muchadoaboutcorona.ca)

Edited by Army Guy

21 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Most media centers are not coving anything negative about the pandemic, so while not a Canadian site it does have some very reliable sources, 11,000 deaths in the US is NOT virtually no deaths...I wonder what Canada's numbers are ? 

Nearly 11,000 Deaths After COVID Vaccines Reported to CDC, as FDA Adds New Warning to J&J Vaccine – The Burning Platform

vaccine-death-report.pdf (muchadoaboutcorona.ca)

With all due respect, Army Guy, there is a deliberate campaign from places like Russia and China to sow distrust of the vaccine (among other types of disinformation) through troll farms.  This is why I ignore or dismiss so many of the cites offered by Goddess/OW/Etc. and why I'll ignore "Burning Platform" and "much ado about corona".   

https://fortune.com/2021/07/23/russian-disinformation-campaigns-are-trying-to-sow-distrust-of-covid-vaccines-study-finds/

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/global-pulse/2021/01/28/what-chinas-vax-trolling-adds-up-to-491548

A campaign of misinformation from regimes that are opposed to us makes more sense to me than the idea that  thousands of professionals in Canada and 100s of thousands around the world are all in some kind of plot to trick us all into taking a vaccine in the midst of a pandemic.  MSM may not always get it right and they may be tilted left or right, but they're a darn site more trustworthy than random sites on the internet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

And are we just suppose to take the government sources as gospel do you think they are 100 % right with no margin for error...nobody is that good, not even you, so it is reasonable to assume mistakes have been made to what extent we don't know because the government is not tracking or won't tell. Do i need a source for that.    .. like that child the other day was reported of dying of covid when he died of other medical complications, it was only noticed when the parents mentioned it to the media.. 

Mistakes always occur.  Do you believe that governments everywhere are purposely inflating numbers?  

If so, why would they need to pretend this 14 year old was killed by COVID?  Couldn’t they just put out fake numbers without needing a backstory?

Edited by TreeBeard

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

With all due respect, Army Guy, there is a deliberate campaign from places like Russia and China to sow distrust of the vaccine (among other types of disinformation) through troll farms.  This is why I ignore or dismiss so many of the cites offered by Goddess/OW/Etc. and why I'll ignore "Burning Platform" and "much ado about corona".   

https://fortune.com/2021/07/23/russian-disinformation-campaigns-are-trying-to-sow-distrust-of-covid-vaccines-study-finds/

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/global-pulse/2021/01/28/what-chinas-vax-trolling-adds-up-to-491548

A campaign of misinformation from regimes that are opposed to us makes more sense to me than the idea that  thousands of professionals in Canada and 100s of thousands around the world are all in some kind of plot to trick us all into taking a vaccine in the midst of a pandemic.  MSM may not always get it right and they may be tilted left or right, but they're a darn site more trustworthy than random sites on the internet.

If I provide a link I only use cbc, reuters, cnn, national post, in about that order of preference. Most of the time.

Because I know it sticks in a liberal’s craw to see that info come from these so-called reputable sources.

So maybe you should read those links when I post them. Instead of just incessantly mouthing off.

4 hours ago, dialamah said:

It only took one minute to substantiate Army Guy’s claims and here is your CDC link. This says about 9,000 deaths in the given range. Army Guy said 11,000. Close enough for me.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

“From December 14, 2020, through October 18, 2021 VAERS received 8,878 reports of death among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.”

Hope this helps. Always happy to educate you people.

Edited by OftenWrong
Improve clarity for dunderheads
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 4:01 AM, myata said:

Did you notice the difference? Authorities work to make normal life possible, as much as possible.

Not so in our f North American World!

Here , they make you lose your job through imposing vaccination mandates on businesses; then they hope you die of starvation by denying your legitimate EI claim.

They may as well go out with guns and shoot the non-vaccinated people on sight, which will aleviate their prolonged suffering.  Clearly the idea is to wipe them out!

The numbers show that in a quality healthcare system, for general population under 70 as of now the impact of Covid is lower than that of a flu. And that means that it's time to go back to normal.

Time to stop blanket and indiscriminate restrictions on the general population and go back to your job of finding working, effective and efficient methods to protect vulnerable while everybody else can live normal life.

Substandard "crumbling" system is not the reason.

Incompetent management is not an excuse.

Stop managing the population and go back to your job of managing the disease.

You don't cancel sex for everybody to protect against AIDS.

Edited by myata

6 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

It only took one minute to substantiate Army Guy’s claims and here is your CDC link. This says about 9,000 deaths in the given range. Army Guy said 11,000. Close enough for me.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

“From December 14, 2020, through October 18, 2021 VAERS received 8,878 reports of death among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.”

Hope this helps. Always happy to educate you people.

As has been explained numerous times, VAERS is not clean data.  Anyone can put anything on it; even lie because nothing is confirmed or validated.  

22 minutes ago, dialamah said:

As has been explained numerous times, VAERS is not clean data.  Anyone can put anything on it; even lie because nothing is confirmed or validated.  

Please send your complaint to the CDC. Tell them what was explained here.

And do let me know when you find a vetted, verifiable link.

;) 

And when you find your ass...

Edited by OftenWrong

If I provide a link I only use cbc, reuters, cnn, national post, in about that order of preference. Most of the time.

Its true I don't read everything you post, but the only 'source' I've seen from you is your personal 'experience' and some claim that a 'medical professional' you know has told you stuff.   I haven't seen any links from you in weeks.   

Because I know it sticks in a liberal’s craw to see that info come from these so-called reputable sources.

How can you possibly find anything that supports your point of view on these "so-called reputable sources"?  If they're reputable enough that you find your POV supported, then they're reputable enough to take seriously when they post something you don't agree with.

So maybe you should read those links when I post them.

You haven't posted any links that I've seen for weeks - refuse to, as a matter of fact.  But then, I don't read every post you make, despite your egotistical certainty that I do.

7 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Instead of just incessantly mouthing off.

:)  Remarks like this lets me know that I'm making points that you have no effective way of countering.

But anyway, if I missed these reputable links of yours, I apologize for including you in the bunch that cites unreliable, fringe sources.