Returning to normal

myata

In a different thread it was shown with facts that in the normal world, with competent management of a modern public health care system as of today, the risks of severe Covid outcomes for general population, other than elderly and vulnerable groups, are lower than those of traffic accidents and the flu. And these facts bring out unavoidable (in the normal world) conclusion: blank and indiscriminate restrictions on the the general population cannot continue as there's no longer any factual justification for them. The reasonable approach for a (normal) public health authority in this environment is to focus on effective protection of the vulnerable population and effective monitoring of the situation with effective and honest communications to the public while removing general restrictions that are no longer justified and necessary.

And this is not just me saying it. Not only dry numbers and facts. This is happening right now: in the normal world.

Transiting through Vienna, stepping out of the train (where you can observe almost perfect compliance with the current - FFP mask policy) you enter a world as seen before March 2020. No masks anywhere in sight. Full restaurants, some with long lines (Friday night, Octoberfest). Night partying, open. Dancing, sure. Folks walking, dancing night long along ever-running Danube. There's no information, knowledge of Covid unless you brought it with you.

Austria facts: population 8.9 million; vaccination level 64.3% recent Covid cases 1600; fatalities 10

Did you notice the difference? Authorities work to make normal life possible, as much as possible. We see the results, and comply with necessary requirements. Not because of heartfelt appeals and running tears. Not so much for pumping propaganda. But because we can enjoy normal life, that's why we comply entirely voluntary (I saw no sign of enforcement).

Results -> trust -> voluntary compliance vs.

Crying and jumping and waving hands -> obtuse, contradictory and meaningless policy -> propaganda and scare -> confused population -> no possibility of returning to normal life.

Obviously, these are different approaches and paths. Which one did you choose?

Scandinavian airlines dropping mask mandates on regional flights. Or keep marching to the tune of the latest Case Number and Holy Vaccination Percent drum. You choose.

The world is returning to normal. The normal world.

Edited by myata

31 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

is wearing a mask for  a little bit longer really that big a deal lol?

1. How long is "a little bit"? How many months or years?

2. Why wear something on your face when someone tells you to?

3. Who decided and how it was decided?

4. Is it funny, really?

I'll try to explain: what is fun (here), enjoying life to the full, going for a night out, dancing etc, or counting masks and vaccination percentages for a little bit longer, indefinitely?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, myata said:

4. Is it funny, really?

I'll try to explain: what is fun (here), enjoying life to the full, going for a night out, dancing etc, or counting masks and vaccination percentages for a little bit longer, indefinitely?

1:  rest of 2021/2022 until  spring summer  minamum..

2: why does it bother you so much?   problems with authority?

3:scientists/experts it does help   a decent ammount even if not 100%  its better then nothing

4: its funny because you anti mask people act like your whole life is ruined  over   a little piece of cloth

i ain't a party person so not into nights out of dancing/hook ups etc so i could careless. 

3 hours ago, EastCanada90 said:

1:  rest of 2021/2022 until  spring summer  minamum..

2: why does it bother you so much?   problems with authority?

3:scientists/experts it does help   a decent ammount even if not 100%  its better then nothing

4: its funny because you anti mask people act like your whole life is ruined  over   a little piece of cloth

i ain't a party person so not into nights out of dancing/hook ups etc so i could careless. 

Why? Because you said so? Sorry not good enough.

Because some of us have eyes and memory (that lives in a brain) maybe? Waves two and three, all time highs in cases and deaths, with masks in place. Now, countries lifting restrictions, life returning to normal, no masks on Scandinavian airlines - and no change? Because why should I take any more bs from anyone who has repeatedly tried to bs me? Doesn't make sense, I know.

Exzperts are good when their predictions agree with the reality rather than go oppose to it. Of course only works for those who have eyes and memory.

You can't get it, can you? If your life is uneventful and dull it doesn't mean that everybody's is or has to be. Nor that you have any right or even cause to make it such for anybody who wouldn't want it.

Edited by myata

1 hour ago, myata said:

4. Is it funny, really?

No its not funny. Look at what freedum gets you in Alberta, sask, Florida. Todays problem is people that...

A- will not sacrifice anything for anyone.

B-  Have no clue to what the difference is between rights and privileges. You're all weak and spoiled and your future looks very grim because of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Alberta got rid of masks early, now they're mired on COVID Hell. AND still had to implement a Vaccine passport. 

Masks aren't that big a deal. PCR testing for international travel on the other hand. 

That was with a much lower vaccination rate.  Masks are a big deal, especially when you have to wear one at work all day.  As the vaccination rate in Ontario approaches 90%, masks should be done away with in most circumstances.

2 hours ago, PIK said:

Look at what freedum gets you in Alberta, sask, Florida. Todays problem is people that...

One is always free to exchange individual freedoms for unquestioned and blind obeying the authority. But remember, or look where it got them.

So do I get it correctly, that not having to wear a clown's cap or anything that enlightened master is telling you to, is not freedom but privilege? That can be granted and revoked by the Master on a whim? And that is not a problem, for today's people?

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Boges said:

Masks aren't that big a deal.

Did you forget to add an essential qualification: "for me"? Or maybe you speak on behalf of universal wisdom?

There are countries that never had mask mandates, and the sky hasn't fallen. There are those that limit them to specific environments. And there are those that lift restrictions because they cannot be justified by factual situation. By what merit they are continued here, till this or that, indefinitely? Can a guesswork of an anonymous (and failed on a number of occasion) bureaucrat be justification for general limitations of individual freedoms? I have no issues with your taste in shoes or whatever you find acceptable to wear on your face, and I merit the same freedom to make my own choices.

With 71% of vaccinated population. No, no better hang on to the Scary Number and Holy Vaccination Percent, watching from a fogged window how people laugh, dance and live their lives to the full. Someday somehow in the unknown future the Enlightened Masters will look into their magic ball (that showed travel from Wuhan not a problem previously) and declare the pandemic over, the virus will give up and surrender and you'll be allowed out to breath free and live. Let's cheer and keep hopes up, but look another scary wave is coming, aiiii oiiii!

Edited by myata

31 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Masks have been proven to be not effective.  

The only thing they are effective at is keeping the population in terror.  It's a daily "reminder" that OMG! We're all going to die!

Several studies, both before and during Covid, have demonstrated masks effectiveness.  Not a cure-all, but effective in helping reduce the spread of viruses.  

Why is it that during a pandemic, you're telling people masks aren't effective and vaccines are too dangerous.  Do you want a bunch more people to die?  Is that you're goal here?

Do what you want about masks and the vaccine, but stop spreading misinformation.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Several studies, both before and during Covid, have demonstrated masks effectiveness.  Not a cure-all, but effective in helping reduce the spread of viruses.  

Why is it that during a pandemic, you're telling people masks aren't effective and vaccines are too dangerous.  Do you want a bunch more people to die?  Is that you're goal here?

Do what you want about masks and the vaccine, but stop spreading misinformation.

If masks work why don't they work?

The graph below shows the daily number of deaths per million in the UK, France, Spain, Italy and Sweden from March to December. The number to the right reflects the percentage of the population that report wearing a mask in public spaces. Sweden has the lowest number of deaths per million in this comparison despite only 7.7% of the surveyed population reported wearing a mask. For those who argue that Norway, Denmark and Finland have lower mortality rates than Sweden. They would be correct, but these countries also have much lower rates of mask use compared to other European countries (less than 50%). Masks have been oversold as a solution.

fe39c3_75794c315a294a75acff22b4520ab677~

53 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Here's from your precious CDC:

Effectiveness of Cloth Masks for Protection Against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 - Volume 26, Number 10—October 2020 - Emerging Infectious Diseases journal - CDC

The use of cloth masks during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic is under debate. 

In 2015, Deena Hinshaw testified in a couple of provinces regarding the effectiveness of masks.  It was in regard to whether nurses should be forced to wear them in certain circumstances.  Interestingly, her opinion at that time was that No, masks were not effective enough to warrant forcing them on the nurses.

If you haven't read anything about this mask debate, it sort of tells me that you are largely misinformed about most things with this pandemic.  I think because you only listen to MSM.

I just proved you wrong on masks.

Maybe it's you should stop spreading misinformation.  I think it's because you only listen to MSM.  I also think you don't understand medical language or technology very well.

Edited by Goddess

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Masks have been proven to be not effective.  

The only thing they are effective at is keeping the population in terror.  It's a daily "reminder" that OMG! We're all going to die!

They weren't in 1917 in England. That, social distancing and washing hands work well. But when they announced the war ended, people went out into streets to celebrate, i imagine many masks came off, and they had a major break out. Then their is the asians that have been wearing them long before covid. Are they all living in fear?

"In August, Pew Research reported that 85% of Americans said they wore masks in public all or most of the time. If this is so, and if masks are effective, why has the incidence of SARS-Cov-2 increased so rapidly? Why is there not a favorable correlation between mask usage and disease transmission in countries and states with different mask policies?"

https://jellyfish.news/masking-the-science/

And here's a study where they measured cases in mandated states in America vs non-mandated states. 

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.05.18.21257385v1

Conclusions Mask mandates and use are not associated with slower state-level COVID-19 spread during COVID-19 growth surges.

Edited by Infidel Dog