Trudeau government trusted China for half a year before looking elsewhere for vaccine

Argus

The CBC of all groups shows just how utterly stupid, brainless and trusting the Trudeau government was in its vaccine deal with China. That deal delayed us having homegrown production for years, and it wasn't until fall that they finally realized they had been screwed.

The federal government's failed collaboration with a vaccine manufacturing company in China early in the pandemic has led to a delay of nearly two years in efforts to create a made-in-Canada COVID-19 vaccine.

Government documents obtained by The Fifth Estate show that Canadian officials wasted months waiting for a proposed vaccine to arrive from China for further testing and spent millions upgrading a production facility that never made a single dose of COVID-19 vaccine. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/cansino-deal-canada-nrc-fifth-estate-1.6208241

Edited by Charles Anthony
removed "Idiot" prefacing the title

I don't particularly want to support JT all that much. 

It would be smart for the Liberals to remove him. 

BUT!!! The Conservatives are too bound by fringe Right-wingers to gain political points in parts of the country that matter. 

Most of the country do not want a PM that's sympathetic to anti-vaxxers. 

12 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

But I thought the CBC was a Liberal propaganda machine?

Generally it is.  The program the Fifth Estate does sometimes reveal some deep failures about the government.  This is one of those cases.  The deal with China was pure madness.  But it makes me wonder why this was not broadcast by the CBC Fifth Estate before the September election, instead of a month and a half later.  I doubt if it would have made much difference though because the Liberal voters are not listening or probably would not have understood.  The fact is obvious that China weaponized the Covid vaccine that was supposed to be jointly developed by Canada and China, through the Chinese company Cansino BIO and the People's Liberation Army, and simply refused to ship the first samples to Canada for testing in a lab in Canada likely because Meng Wangzhou was being held in Canada.  Trudeau failed from the beginning to realize what he was doing was utter madness.  Any government that thought they could make a deal like that involving the PLA must be in an alternate reality.  This really put Canada's national security at risk.  As the Fifth Estate said, this delay in Canada getting it's own vaccine production capability might have cost thousands of lives.

I am reading the Kindle book "Hidden Hand: Exposing How the Chinese Communist Party is Reshaping the World" and just learned how deeply embedded China's CCP operatives and puppets are embedded in government and all levels of society in Canada.  Britain has been infiltrated and influenced so deeply by the CCP now that the book says it is probably beyond recovery.  There are British, European, and other followers of Maoism, Leninism, and Marxism who really believe China is leading the way in bringing enlightenment to the world.

Edited by blackbird
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

So it is only a propaganda tool for the Liberals when you don’t like their reporting?  But, when you do like the reporting , then it’ s not?

Obviously it is a mixture.  The news and politics broadcasts seem to lean toward liberal and tow the liberal ideology.  As an example, the host of the evening news broadcast is a Muslim woman with a Hijab.  The obvious purpose of this is to send the liberal message of multiculturalism rules.  Other political broadcasts often use racial minorities although the number of minorities they often use does not represent the demographic cross section of Canada or Canadian thought.  Often they use aboriginal pundits to constantly push their liberal ideology of inclusiveness or reconciliation.

The Fifth Estate program might be more of an independent branch.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

the host of the evening news broadcast is a Muslim woman with a Hijab.  The obvious purpose of this is to send the liberal message of multiculturalism rules.

Could it be because she comes from a very conservative religious background?

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

Often they use aboriginal pundits to constantly push their liberal ideology of inclusiveness or reconciliation.

You think inclusiveness and reconciliation with indigenous Canadians is strictly a liberal ideology?

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Could it be because she comes from a very conservative religious background?

You think inclusiveness and reconciliation with indigenous Canadians is strictly a liberal ideology?

Political Islam is not conservative in the sense of western conservatism.  It rejects western values and is in conflict or at war with western culture.

Inclusiveness and reconciliation are just shallow words that don't begin to describe the broader term of multiculturalism.  The words are weasel words to hide a much broader agenda.  The word liberals includes a broad spectrum of people including progressives, left wing ideologues, and generally those of liberal thinking. 

The CBC is engaged in a steady war against what they see as white privilege and systemic racism of north American society.  They are constantly broadcasting angry racial minorities with grievances and throwing gas on fires to incite racial division and hate.  Incidentally the CBC at this very moment has activists on discussing Netflix and some kind of trans controversy.  The constantly give voice or platform to various activists on the subject of racism and transphobia.

If you want find out some of the problem and aspects of multiculturalism read this article.  The word does not begin to describe the various aspects of the word.   It is really another broad subject.  In a general sense it is a broad attack on hour historic Judeo-Christian civilization/culture.

WHAT’S THE PROBLEM WITH MULTICULTURALISM? | Pandaemonium (kenanmalik.com)

Edited by blackbird

16 hours ago, blackbird said:

The CBC is engaged in a steady war against what they see as white privilege and systemic racism of north American society.  They are constantly broadcasting angry racial minorities with grievances and throwing gas on fires to incite racial division and hate.  Incidentally the CBC at this very moment has activists on discussing Netflix and some kind of trans controversy.  The constantly give voice or platform to various activists on the subject of racism and transphobia.

The CBC has an agenda . . . . the constant, sometimes imperceptible undermining of white culture.  Would like to see the CBC terminated.

• Thanks 1

• Charles Anthony changed the title to Trudeau government trusted China for half a year before looking elsewhere for vaccine

The word idiot should never have been removed from this thread title. 

Threads about Trump had the word idiot in them and stayed up for months. 

Leftists made all kinds of unsubstantiated accusations against Trump for years, including the Russian collusion BS, and none of that was censored, regardless of how blatantly untrue it was.

The double standard is BS, and yes, I know that it violates forum rules to speak about what mods say and do. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2021 at 2:02 PM, Boges said:

I don't particularly want to support JT all that much. 

It would be smart for the Liberals to remove him. 

BUT!!! The Conservatives are too bound by fringe Right-wingers to gain political points in parts of the country that matter. 

Most of the country do not want a PM that's sympathetic to anti-vaxxers. 

I'm confused. What are these 'fringe right wingers' policies on which you feel the Conservatives are bound?

I realize the Trudeau government policy was to make it seem as if O'Toole was anti-vax, despite the fact his policy was 100% identical to that of the Liberals up until the election. But you surely realize the Liberals only changed their policy in order to try and cause trouble for the Conservatives, right? If there hadn't been an election their policy would have stayed the same. Trudeau said making vaccines mandatory would be too divisive. So would you still say the Liberals were bound by 'fringe right wingers'? 

For years I've been hearing hard core Liberal supporters complain that the Tories are too far right. Oh if only the progressive conservatives would return, they lament. Well, the last two elections the so-called Conservative party had pretty much zero conservative policies. And yet, the lament has not changed an iota. Oh, if only the conservatives weren't so fringe right, so far, far out there on the far fringes of society, practically Nazis who worship Hitler, for sure I'd vote for them!

No, you wouldn't.

Edited by Argus

19 hours ago, ironstone said:

Even the CBC sometimes has to report on stories that don't help their friends in the Liberal party. I am certain that when they do report on it they do it with great reluctance.

So they’re not a propaganda tool for the Liberals?  Or they are?  Why would they put up this story if they were?  

can you point to the reluctance of anyone at the CBC to publish this story? Or is that just conjecture on your part?

m)barton-trudeau-selfie.jpg?w=2000&h=

I think most media outlets are pretty left leaning but they don't admit it.

LILLEY: Let's talk about CBC and their very obvious bias | Toronto Sun

Seems to me that any stories that are harmful to the Liberals don't last very long in the news cycle. Debate moderator Rosemary Barton looks pretty pleased to get a selfie with HRH Justin Trudeau.

A federal judge confirmed the CBC is a sham, by Candace Malcolm - Puget Sound Radio

And some stories, as I mentioned before, the CBC has little choice but to cover but not for too long if it goes against the Liberal narrative.

Apart from Rex Murphy ,formerly of the CBC, how many others in the CBC today can you name that would be of the conservative mindset?

On 10/16/2021 at 8:38 PM, Argus said:

I'm confused. What are these 'fringe right wingers' policies on which you feel the Conservatives are bound?

I realize the Trudeau government policy was to make it seem as if O'Toole was anti-vax, despite the fact his policy was 100% identical to that of the Liberals up until the election. But you surely realize the Liberals only changed their policy in order to try and cause trouble for the Conservatives, right? If there hadn't been an election their policy would have stayed the same. Trudeau said making vaccines mandatory would be too divisive. So would you still say the Liberals were bound by 'fringe right wingers'? 

For years I've been hearing hard core Liberal supporters complain that the Tories are too far right. Oh if only the progressive conservatives would return, they lament. Well, the last two elections the so-called Conservative party had pretty much zero conservative policies. And yet, the lament has not changed an iota. Oh, if only the conservatives weren't so fringe right, so far, far out there on the far fringes of society, practically Nazis who worship Hitler, for sure I'd vote for them!

No, you wouldn't.

I've always voted for the CPC. Until this time. And my vote wouldn't have mattered O'toole still did awfully in Suburban Toronto.  

It was the COVID stuff that spooked me this time. When you're worried about offending Anti-Vaxxers, that's a problem for me. 

On 10/16/2021 at 10:40 AM, Nefarious Banana said:

The CBC has an agenda . . . . the constant, sometimes imperceptible undermining of white culture.  Would like to see the CBC terminated.

What is “white culture”?

If it’s “imperceptible”, wouldn’t that by definition mean that you can’t tell it’s happening?  Could that be an over-active imagination?

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 8:55 AM, Boges said:

It was the COVID stuff that spooked me this time. When you're worried about offending Anti-Vaxxers, that's a problem for me. 

It isn't just anti-vaxxers. A lot of conservatives believe in vaccines but feel that people shouldn't be forced by government to take them. It's about government overreach to them.

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2021 at 5:55 AM, Boges said:

When you're worried about offending Anti-Vaxxers, that's a problem for me. 

1) Trudeau was worried about offending terrorists for the last 6 years. He wouldn't even condemn virulent anti-Semitism at quds day hate rallies. Didn't that bother you?

2) There was no 'concern' about 'offending' people who chose not to get the vaccine. The conservatives actually did what Trudeau promised to do but just lied about -  they took the common sense approach and didn't impose vaccine mandates on Canadians.

14 hours ago, Argus said:

It isn't just anti-vaxxers. A lot of conservatives believe in vaccines but feel that people shouldn't be forced by government to take them. It's about government overreach to them.

Hyperbole. No one is being forced. But there are consequences for not taking them.