End PCR Testing Requirements

A slew of confirmed or suspected Omicron cases in GTA today linked to South Africa. So all this PCR harassment of travelers was for nothing. UK didn't have PCR and has cases. Canada had PCR and has cases. How hard is it to get a PCR test in Namibia? A dumb and pointless show deeded only for the bureaucrats to cover their ...s.

I just visited three US states during this short window before our government reimposes draconian testing and quarantine requirements that will make it nearly impossible for regular people and families to travel outside Canada.  In these Great Lakes states no one has to wear masks indoors.  Signs on some businesses say that unvaccinated people must wear masks but no one is enforcing it.  In Ontario we all must wear masks indoors, whether or not we’re vaccinated, and we must show vaccine passports to enjoy basic freedoms like going to a restaurant or movie theatre.  We’re simply not as free as Americans.  I’m surprised at Ford.  Our politicians don’t have minds of their own and follow the WHO directives from Beijing unquestioningly.  

• 1 month later...

Even the sucky Toronto Star is questioning the need for testing travellers coming into Canada.  Why are we testing asymptomatic or people with mild symptoms at all?  What a waste of resources.  Reserve tests for very sick people who need to be admitted to hospital, so that they can be treated.  Let’s stop pretending that Canada is at risk of Covid entering the country.  What a joke.

https://apple.news/AgGSS_S7nQZev-DSIfb00KA

UK and Israel scrapped testing requirements. It's not about reason and science, only control over the populace. In some societies there's still a perception that authorities have to show accountability and even on the level of common sense these measures cannot be justified.

Edited by myata

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

In Britain, “Flight Sales Soar As Covid Testing Is Dropped”

https://apple.news/AOe7e_rHZQ52Dq527YppMHA

I know people who just got back from Hawaii - no masks, no restaurant restrictions, life is normal.

But the stupid testing added over $1000 to their trip.

And they're vaccinated.

It's just a money grab now.

• Thanks 1

There has to be something to hold bureaucratic decisions to at least a minimal standard of sanity and reality. It can be tradition and social conventions; it can be a working and effective system of checks and balances in a democratic government. It can be judicial, objective, impartial and timely.

But can it be: none, just nothing? I doubt that as it wouldn't seem logical. And now we have empirical experience too.

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

No, Britain is maintaining rights and freedoms.  Unvaccinated Brits are allowed to travel internationally and re-enter Great Britain. 

God save the Queen!  ?? 

From the article you posted

On Monday Grant Shapps, the transport secretary, said fully vaccinated travellers arriving in England or Scotland would no longer have to take Covid tests upon their return.

22 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Is this test where they shove a swab up to your brain? If so...'Cold day in hell' comes to mind.

I went through a phase where I was obsessed with Egyptology.

Did you know that the Egyptians shoved a giant poker up the noses of their slaves to their brains?  It damaged a certain part of the brain and made them docile and subservient, it made them better slaves.

I'm not saying this is what's happening.  I'm just saying it reminds me of how the Egyptians treated their slaves.