Freedom of Speach Long Gone - COVID

cougar

56 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Why are you posting something different than what I commented on?

Do you want us to discuss your modified point here?

you said someone wasn't a serious poster

for mentioning that FOX isn't the far right boogeyman many believe it to be

which isn't a very serious post

the poster you accuse of not being serious

was in fact being more serious than you in that exchange

Edited by Yzermandius19

20 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

1. you said someone wasn't a serious poster for mentioning that FOX isn't the far right boogeyman many believe it to be

2. the poster you accuse of not being serious, was in fact being more serious than you in that exchange

1. this is what they said: "Fox News went to the dark side once it started hiring extreme leftists.  They turned against Trump posting fake polls and basically begging voters to back Biden. "

Is that the same as saying "FOX isn't the far right boogeyman many believe it to be" ?  No, not at all.

2. Here is where you say "Oops, you're right - that poster didn't say what I said they did"

Again:
Statement A: "Fox isn't the far right boogeyman that many believe it to be" 
Statement B: "Fox hires extreme leftists, publishes fake polls and begs people to vote for Biden"

I agree with Statement A but not B... but how is that possible if they are the same thing ?  

Will you past the test Paul Atreides ??? ?

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. this is what they said: "Fox News went to the dark side once it started hiring extreme leftists.  They turned against Trump posting fake polls and basically begging voters to back Biden. "

Is that the same as saying "FOX isn't the far right boogeyman many believe it to be" ?  No, not at all.

2. Here is where you say "Oops, you're right - that poster didn't say what I said they did"

Again:
Statement A: "Fox isn't the far right boogeyman that many believe it to be" 
Statement B: "Fox hires extreme leftists, publishes fake polls and begs people to vote for Biden"

I agree with Statement A but not B... but how is that possible if they are the same thing ?  

Will you past the test Paul Atreides ??? ?

both statements are correct

so irrelevant

FOX went to the darkside

hired lefty's

turned on Trump

and released shitty polls that were biased against him

shilling for Biden

all true

I was there

I saw it

where were you?

Edited by Yzermandius19

I am trying to remember when we didn't have censorship. I remember looking at the movie listings and seeing that black panther indicating a really neat movie, but not for anyone under 18. My dad signed the Official Secrets Act as did all of his colleagues. A few years ago, when I was the Department's liaison with the Pride community, hearing complaints about Canada Customs blocking the importation of certain magazines. Now, there are fewer restrictions than ever before. We are still restricted from publishing hate and lies, but you would think good manners would make such restrictions unnecessary.

I lament that there are students who are so ill-suited to the academic community that they would rather prevent someone from speaking than engaging them in civil debate. It is a situation that has been with us since before the Borgias, most likely since before the Greeks. Just ask Socrates.

Nobel laureate, Dr.William Shockley (inventor of the transistor) began saying that "My research leads me inescapably to the opinion that the major cause of the American Negro's intellectual and social deficits is hereditary and racially genetic in origin and, thus, not remediable to a major degree by practical improvements in the environment," on William F. Buckley's Firing Line. Shockley was prevented from speaking on many campuses, so Dr. David Suzuki, a leading Geneticist at UBC, invited Dr. Shockley to debate the subject on Quirks and Quarks. It was a prober debate, without interruption. Dr. Shockley's hypothesis was totally refuted by Dr. Suzuki. That is the way to deal with anti-science. Dr. Shockley was debating a subject in which he did not know what he was talking about. 

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I am trying to remember when we didn't have censorship. 

Nobel laureate, Dr. William Shockley began saying that "My research leads me inescapably to the opinion that the major cause of the American Negro's intellectual and social deficits is hereditary and racially genetic in origin and, thus, not remediable to a major degree by practical improvements in the environment," on William F. Buckley's Firing Line.

Shockley was prevented from speaking on many campuses, so Dr. David Suzuki, a leading Geneticist at UBC, invited Dr. Shockley to debate the subject on Quirks and Quarks. It was a prober debate, without interruption. Dr. Shockley's hypothesis was totally refuted by Dr. Suzuki.  

Opinion by both Dr. David Suzuki  &  Dr. William Shockley ?

How does anyone debate a 'for-against' argument like that?

2 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Opinion by both Dr. David Suzuki  &  Dr. William Shockley ?

How does anyone debate a 'for-against' argument like that?

Dr. Shockley gave it a good effort but Dr. Suzuki's arguments were grounded in years of research. The point is, they didn't shout each other down, they didn't cancel each other, they behaved as adults. The debate was respectful and civil. That is how opposing views should be dealt with. If Dr. A says human activity is causing global warming and Dr. B says it doesn't, it is incumbent on both to provide the evidence to support their claims. 

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

So FOX is Left Wing?

Maybe we can focus on this claim and break it down?

most who work at FOX are Democrats

their HQ is in New York after all

88% of the media are Democrats

of the Republicans who do work for them

a lot of them are anti-Trump

there is no majority pro-Trump mainstream news channel

Edited by Yzermandius19

7 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

most who work at FOX are Democrats

their HQ is in New York after all

88% of the media are Democrats

of the Republicans who do work for them

a lot of them are anti-Trump

Your claims seem to be getting less and less specific now.  Are they turning left ?  Is it being broadcast ?  What examples are there ?

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Your claims seem to be getting less and less specific now.  Are they turning left ?  Is it being broadcast ?  What examples are there ?

the Juan Williamsification of FOX is as clear as day

to anyone actually paying attention

the Republicans who work at FOX are mostly RINOs

Edited by Yzermandius19

They call it mainstream media because it reflects the mainstream population.

Republican in name only is actually a moniker more appropriately describing President Trump and his followers. True Republicans are people like the late Senator McCain and Senator Romney. The GOP is the party of free trade and globalization. 

27 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

They call it mainstream media because it reflects the mainstream population.

Republican in name only is actually a moniker more appropriately describing President Trump and his followers. True Republicans are people like the late Senator McCain and Senator Romney. The GOP is the party of free trade and globalization. 

Romney and McCain are the RINO cucks

Trump did steal the protectionism from the Democrats though

this is true

that's why he won and they lost

they abandoned the rust belt

he didn't

Edited by Yzermandius19

4 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You can disagree with someone but you should always disagree with respect.

On the other hand, who cares about politics in a foreign country? (He said without hypocrisy ?)

why should I respect Romney or McCain?

is that some kind of a joke?

I shit on both of them from a very great height

Team MAGA over those clowns all day

Edited by Yzermandius19

And there it is for all the world to see. You have my sympathy.

Tell me why do you care about American politics? It was entertaining when President Trump was in office but it has become boring. That being said, I thought this was a thread about free speech in Canada, not Uganda, Laos or the United States.

6 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

And there it is for all the world to see. You have my sympathy.

Tell me why do you care about American politics? It was entertaining when President Trump was in office but it has become boring. That being said, I thought this was a thread about free speech in Canada, not Uganda, Laos or the United States.

Biden is boring

this is true

American politics is still much more entertaining than Canadian politics

even still

this thread is about free speech

which isn't only an issue in Canada

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

It sounds like we're still saying that the original claim that I countered is hyperbole.  

not hyperbole

just accurate

and you attacked the messenger instead of the message

for making an accurate statement

knock off the ad hominem

and rebut the message

which you still have failed to do

all you've done is sneer at another poster without addressing the content of the post

16 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

not hyperbole

just accurate

and you attacked the messenger instead of the message

for making an accurate statement

You are using Soviet techniques.

Hiring mushy centrist, and supporting Biden is extreme leftism in the mind of deranged dialogues only.

It's Impossible to discuss reality with such types, I am sure you would agree.  Let's celebrate, therefore, you being added to my list of dreary clowns that I love to ignore.  You should do the same to me, because I'm an extreme Left maniac who isn't worth your time, too left for Communist FOX even.

My God I am crazy ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You are using Soviet techniques.

Hiring mushy centrist, and supporting Biden is extreme leftism in the mind of deranged dialogues only.

It's Impossible to discuss reality with such types, I am sure you would agree.  Let's celebrate, therefore, you being added to my list of dreary clowns that I love to ignore.  You should do the same to me, because I'm an extreme Left maniac who isn't worth your time, too left for Communist FOX even.

My God I am crazy ?

I didn't say FOX was extreme left

I said they moved to the left

they are the mushy centrist RINO channel

much of their workforce are Democrats

and even more of their workforce doesn't like Trump

these are facts

you are just making up silly strawmen

to attack posters

while ignoring their actual posts

you are not arguing in good faith

no one has made any of the outrageous claims you stated in your above post