vaccine passports workers being abused

10 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

You would have a point the consequences were just some restrictions on movement or going to a non essential service like the movies... hey stay home anything that is being restricted is also available for delivery...But now those restrictions are getting out of control, losing your job, and in some cases your right to practice like medicine, nurses in the province they currently reside in...not that it would matter much it has got to the point that who is going to hire you as non vaccinated...

we also have some hospitals taking patients off the organ transplant list because they are not vaccinated.. now we have people making life and death decisions " get the shot or die"  i mean where do we go from here, forcing them into camps, arresting them, what is the next step... 

Private businesses and sports teams are also "choosing" to make vaccination a requirement of employment.  Do you think they should have the freedom to make that choice?

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Where was all this righteous concern for workers of the service industry when they were losing their jobs to lockdowns.

And that was all of them not just a scattered few examples of bad behaviour. 

That was not their choice, do the government offered compensation.  See the difference?  

9 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Private businesses and sports teams are also "choosing" to make vaccination a requirement of employment.  Do you think they should have the freedom to make that choice?

Yes I do, as long as we all have the freedoms and rights afforded to us by the constitution i think we should all be able to choose freely. are there going to be consequences sure... but nothing like we are seeing now. I  think right now private business is looking hard at the worker shortage, and some are dropping the requirement to be vaccinated due to the lack of employees...

Sport teams are required to be vaccinated not by the teams themselves but nations have imposed travel restrictions to get in or out of a country...There are players that have refused and are no longer playing, are they still getting paid i think so , not really sure... can't see a team with a multi million dollar contracts, just tell them to hit the road...hopefully this pandemic does not last forever...

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

I disagree with people having the "choice" to make others sick. 

How many young people having life-altering adverse reactions, including death, in order to "save" 90 year olds, would be "too much" for you?

I am middle aged.  I don't now and I also can't see myself as a 90 year old woman, insisting that no matter how many young people die, no matter how many get permanent heart conditions, no matter how many violently shake for god only knows how long, no matter how many people lose their jobs, no matter how it affects the economy, no matter how much other people suffer - it's totally worth it to me to have those extra few days of life.

It's strange to me that that is YOUR belief - no matter the cost to others -  and that you have the nerve to call others "selfish".  I don't believe most elderly people think like you do.  I dont' believe most elderly people expect younger generations to sacrifice all this for them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dialamah said:

First off...I am not vaccinated and would never abuse, harass or intimidate anyone over this. I fully accept the consequences of these mandates AS ISSUED by the Chief Medical Officer of Health for our Province. What I don't agree with is any other organization or facility going above and beyond what the CMOH has implemented. For example, any youth (12-17) playing team sports is exempt from the passport requirement however the brain trust at the City of Edmonton has decided to impose restrictions that don't allow this exemption. Now the UofA sports facilities are following suit.  Are they allowed to do it? Legally, yes however at what point is it considered NOT OK to follow the recommendations of the CMOH? I'm guessing the idiots that made these calls also wear a mask in the car when driving by themselves. 

44 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Yes I do, as long as we all have the freedoms and rights afforded to us by the constitution i think we should all be able to choose freely.

Do you mean the Charter of Rights and Freedoms?

45 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

. I  think right now private business is looking hard at the worker shortage, and some are dropping the requirement to be vaccinated due to the lack of employees...

And choosing to administer rapid tests to their employees.  Is that an infringement on rights?  What about administering rapid tests on people before allowing them to shop?  Would that be an infringement?

47 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

hopefully this pandemic does not last forever...

Yes, I am sick to death of masks and keeping distance and having non-emergency medical treatment postponed.   

BTW, I agree that people shouldn't get the vaccine if they don't want to.  What I don't agree with is their whining about the consequences and basing their decision on fringe medical people and organizations.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

Do you mean the Charter of Rights and Freedoms?

And choosing to administer rapid tests to their employees.  Is that an infringement on rights?  What about administering rapid tests on people before allowing them to shop?  Would that be an infringement?

Yes, I am sick to death of masks and keeping distance and having non-emergency medical treatment postponed.   

BTW, I agree that people shouldn't get the vaccine if they don't want to.  What I don't agree with is their whining about the consequences and basing their decision on fringe medical people and organizations.  

1. sure, my bad , was trying to multi task, and failed. 

2. No for both this restrictions are reasonable, but i do want to add these minor restrictions like staying home, etc have walk arounds, such as shopping online , or ordering food at home...or working from home, or separating those with jabs and those without , I'm sure in the 21 st century we can find some compromise.

3. We all are, but this is not going to end soon, the governments are always changing the goal posts, we as a natyion surpassed 80 % with 2 shots awhile ago, add in those that have already had it, and we would be close to 90 % immune.. and it is still not good enough.

4. you mean like losing their jobs, being refused life saving medical procedures, i think those alone deserve to discussed some call it whining some call it what used to be called debating in these times...

I think like almost every topic the country is divided , and most have already formed an opinion, and refuse to listen to both sides... I spent most of my life defending our rights and freedoms and i think they should be afforded to all persons regardless if we agree with them or not... everyone deserves to be heard, or defended.  I also believe that the early restrictions could over come most of our problems...now i think they are getting way to ugly...

And after we fire all the people that don't want the vaccination, and the vaccination side is happy with all the new promotions or other jobs openings but what does that look like, in a time where there is worker shortages already and we are willing, no we want to add another 10 to 15 % ...and to add insult to injury after the firing if that was not enough, they are pulling medical licenses so you can not work in the province any where.. just medical licensees, mo one else is effected... You are doing nothing more than trapping these people...forcing them to choose get the jab or lose everything or work a Mac Donald's when you a highly trained doctor.. or collect the cerb or unemployment or move out of the province...these are not normal choices they are threats or forcing people to bend to your will... That is not how this country use to work... 

Edited by Army Guy

7 hours ago, Goddess said:

Not agreeing with workers being abused.  But I also don't agree with the citizens of this country being abused.

Dr. Patricia Daly, Chief Medical Health Officer of Vancouver Coastal Health:

I wonder how long they've known that covid transmissions do not occur in restaurants and gyms......It's certainly not about science or health.  It's about control.

It's no wonder people are getting frustrated.

Congratulations on your slightly longer leash.  Enjoy using it to bite and snap at your fellow citizens, while you can.  

My understanding in Ont alot did.

9 hours ago, dialamah said:

That was not their choice, do the government offered compensation.  See the difference?  

Kind of.

So apparently somebody or bodies working somewhere got some kind of hassle when he or she was hassling some customer for his papers which would him to eat in public with the compliant.

This apparently was some horror level affront to mass decency and most likely national stability.

However when the government mandated restaurants out of existence this was cool for you. The governments gave some workers that lost their jobs a welfare stipend for awhile.  It's OK though, because they didn't actually call it welfare, right?

So the waitress that's still looking for work because the restaurant she used to work at went out of business could still find work at some minimum wage franchise maybe. They survived. But she survives on her tips.

No sympathy for her from you but lots of alligator tears for the somebody somewhere who may have been bad-mouthed by a customer frustrated with the mandates.

Sure, I see the difference. I don't think you did though.

8 hours ago, dialamah said:

It remains the unvaccinated who get sick and fill up our hospitals.  It is the unvaccinated who primarily spread the virus.  If everybody who could be were vaccinated, the virus could spread much less easily.

In selected locales for selected periods of time maybe but the vaxxed are still as infectious as the unvaxxed. Possibly less so. And any benefits the mRNA therapeutic may have are temporary.

Originally they were touted as practically 100% effective. Today, some are saying they have zero impact on whether its recipients contract Covid-19 or not.

Want to see what I'm talking about. Check this one out:

https://rumble.com/vnprrw-video-clowns-fauci-et-al-over-rapidly-devolving-narrative-on-vaccine-effect.html

They'll be requiring you to get a booster soon. I imagine those papers you are so proud of, allowing you some degree of normalcy, will be requiring an update too.

If the mRNA therapeutic actually was a vaccine that actually did immunize you from infection why would you need a vaccine passport to protect you from the unvaxxed?

And if it doesn't immunize you why do you need your special privilege papers to apartheid you from those nasty unclean unvaxxed?

In other locales where they've dealing with the variants longer it's the vaxxed filling up the hospitals. When that happens here how are you going to justify your special privilege papers? Or will it matter?

Edited by Infidel Dog

8 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

he vaxxed are still as infectious as the unvaxxed. Possibly less so.

So what?  It is primarily unvaxed people who are landing in hospital.   If it were the other way around, or even  half and half, then this argument against vaccination might make sense.   

And any benefits the mRNA therapeutic may have are temporary.

So what?  The therapeutic benefits of rabies vaccines, cold medicines and antibiotics are temporary, but that has never stopped anyone from taking them   

Originally they were touted as practically 100% effective. Today, some are saying they have zero impact on whether its recipients contract Covid-19 or not.

Want to see what I'm talking about. Check this one out:

https://rumble.com/vnprrw-video-clowns-fauci-et-al-over-rapidly-devolving-narrative-on-vaccine-effect.html

Neither you nor the website and video you referenced say anything about exactly who is saying the vaccines have zero impact; in the meantime, we have plenty of evidence that they are effective.

They'll be requiring you to get a booster soon. 

So?  Should people with cancer turn down chemotherapy if it's suggested a second time because it "should have worked 100% the first time"?  

I imagine those papers you are so proud of, allowing you some degree of normalcy, will be requiring an update too.

Allowing normalcy is exactly the goal.  Isn't it yours?

1.  If the mRNA therapeutic actually was a vaccine that actually did immunize you from infection why would you need a vaccine passport to protect you from the unvaxxed?

2.  And if it doesn't immunize you why do you need your special privilege papers to apartheid you from those nasty unclean unvaxxed?

3.  In other locales where they've dealing with the variants longer it's the vaxxed filling up the hospitals. When that happens here how are you going to justify your special privilege papers? Or will it matter?

1.  Breakthrough infections are a thing, just as they are with flu shots.  People who are unvaccinated are more likely to get sick, and more likely to spread the disease than those who are vaccinated.

2. I get my "special privileges" because I'm significantly LESS likely to get sick and to infect anyone else. 

3. Prove it.  If you are talking about info from Isreal claiming that 86% of people with Covid were vaccinated, that data was bogus.  "Morris ran the numbers from Israel in August as the delta variant took hold. The data showed that for people under 50, unvaccinated Israelis were over 10 times more likely to end up in the hospital than who were fully vaccinated.

Among people over 50, the risk jumped to over 20 times more likely."

Full story, including how the bogus numbers were 'calculated', here.

On 10/13/2021 at 9:19 AM, EastCanada90 said:

so whats everyones opinion on the vaccine passports.. and reports of workers  especially in dining/food industry being abused by  customers when asked for vaccine proof.. ?

do you feel sorry for the workers being abused? or are you supporting with the people who tell them off for asking?

Those who abuse workers should be heavily fined at a minimum of $25000 per case and those who use physical violence or threat of physical violence must be put n jail for first case (and if it was up to me I throw away the key for 6 months). This kind of behaviors is unacceptable and should be dealt with as severely as possible. These violent abusive people who think they are entitled should not walk free among civilized population. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

so whats everyones opinion on the vaccine passports.. and reports of workers  especially in dining/food industry being abused by  customers when asked for vaccine proof.. ?

do you feel sorry for the workers being abused? or are you supporting with the people who tell them off for asking?

I don’t support the abuse of workers.  Unfortunately the government has put them in a bad position.  Having to ask for people’s private health information is not optimal.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:45 PM, Goddess said:

No, I didn't.

Dr. Patricia Daly said it.  Chief Medical Health Officer of Vancouver Coastal Health.

Quite right.  The data suggests that gyms and restaurants are responsible for a tiny percentage of cases.  

On 10/13/2021 at 8:58 AM, Goddess said:

Not agreeing with workers being abused.  But I also don't agree with the citizens of this country being abused.

Dr. Patricia Daly, Chief Medical Health Officer of Vancouver Coastal Health:

I wonder how long they've known that covid transmissions do not occur in restaurants and gyms......It's certainly not about science or health.  It's about control.

It's no wonder people are getting frustrated.

Congratulations on your slightly longer leash.  Enjoy using it to bite and snap at your fellow citizens, while you can.  

Where is the link to this quote?

They people who scream at low level workers because of this need to be arrested, dragged out to rural farms and made to pick apples or something for a few weeks or months until they learn there are more important things than their bullshit conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dialamah said:

People who are unvaccinated are more likely to get sick, and more likely to spread the disease than those who are vaccinated.

This is no longer true in countries ahead of us in the vax schedules.

England and Israel are experiencing higher cases and deaths amongst the vaccinated population. England had 70% of deaths amongst vaccinated people.

I expect we will see (and possibly are already seeing) this here, too.  You won't hear about in our media though, the way the English and Israeli public is being informed.

Not as long as our Health authorities are hell-bent on covering it up, as they have proved to be.

The vaccine is therapeutic, at best.  It's not even a vaccine at this point.  It's an injection. Therefore, it should be an individual's choice whether they want to assume the risks of vaccinating with an experimental  injection that doesn't prevent transmission or death.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:03 PM, Infidel Dog said:

Where was all this righteous concern for workers of the service industry when they were losing their jobs to lockdowns.

And that was all of them not just a scattered few examples of bad behaviour. 

They were getting more under CERB than they were making on their jobs.