vaccine passports workers being abused

1 hour ago, Boges said:

It speaks to the ethics of the fringe group of people who won't get vaccinated. 

Not agreeing with workers being abused.  But I also don't agree with the citizens of this country being abused.

Dr. Patricia Daly, Chief Medical Health Officer of Vancouver Coastal Health:

"The vaccine passport requires people to be vaccinated to do certain discretionary activities such as go to restaurants, movies, gyms.  NOT because these places are high risk - We're not actually seeing Covid transmissions in these settings.  This is REALLY to create incentive to improve our vaccination coverage."

I wonder how long they've known that covid transmissions do not occur in restaurants and gyms......It's certainly not about science or health.  It's about control.

It's no wonder people are getting frustrated.

Congratulations on your slightly longer leash.  Enjoy using it to bite and snap at your fellow citizens, while you can.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I wonder how long they've known that covid transmissions do not occur in restaurants and gyms......It's certainly not about science or health.  It's about control.

Why do you think the virus stops acting like a virus in restaurants and gyms? What do you think is to be gained from the "control" they have to suppress commerce, beyond limiting the spread of the virus? Should they have just nipped the virus in the bud by declaring the whole world to be one big restaurant?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Why do you think the virus stops acting like a virus in restaurants and gyms?

Why are you asking me?  Ask Dr. Daly.  

If I had to speculate, it's because the virus, like any flu, is MOSTLY deadly to the very elderly and the already terminally ill.  People who do not generally go to restaurants and gyms.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Why do you think the virus stops acting like a virus in restaurants and gyms? What do you think is to be gained from the "control" they have to suppress commerce, beyond limiting the spread of the virus? Should they have just nipped the virus in the bud by declaring the whole world to be one big restaurant?

Why, it makes perfect sense - suppress commerce, reduce taxes, make everybody poorer, engender riots and violence, destroy the country.  That way, communists can take over and ummm ... keep everybody miserable.  This is the goal of virtually every democratic country in the world.

Conversely, communist countries are going through the same process (restrictions under the guise of Covid) so they can convert to democracy.  

This is the coming New World Order.

/s

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Goddess said:

If I had to speculate, it's because the virus, like any flu, is MOSTLY deadly to the very elderly and the already terminally ill.  People who do not generally go to restaurants and gyms.

You didn't say anything about mortality. You just said it doesn't spread in gyms and restaurants. And you can blame your source for your misinformation but you're spreading it now too, so you're equally to blame.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Goddess said:

My girlfriend's trainer got Covid; young, healthy, ate right, exercised plenty.  He didn't die, but he was pretty sick.  Several gyms around here have been closed for a while, due to outbreaks in the gym.

25 minutes ago, Goddess said:

is MOSTLY deadly to the very elderly and the already terminally ill. 

So extending their lives doesn't matter, is that it?  

Anyway, you are wrong.  It's been deadly to many people who'd otherwise could have lived years longer.

But if it's comforting to you to believe all this claptrap, there's no way you'll change your mind short of getting the virus yourself.

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

My girlfriend's trainer got Covid; young, healthy, ate right, exercised plenty.  He didn't die, but he was pretty sick.  Several gyms around here have been closed for a while, due to outbreaks in the gym.

Again, not me who said it.  Take it up with Dr. Patricia Daly.

So extending their lives doesn't matter, is that it?  

Every death matters.  I became a death doula because I believe so strongly that every death matters.  

Do I think that other people should risk their lives and/or die to extend a dying person's life?  No, I don't.  Why do you believe that teenage boys should risk myocarditis and not be able to live full, active lives for the rest of their lives, so that a 97 year old can live a few days longer?

Anyway, you are wrong.  It's been deadly to many people who'd otherwise could have lived years longer.

No one has ever said that random people with no comorbidities have not died of covid.  Random people die of the flu every year.  No one knows why.  Viruses suck and sometimes life isn't fair.  This is why I've spent a lifetime looking after my immune system.

It's been mostly deadly to people who are very elderly and those already terminally ill.

How am I wrong about that?  Are you unfamiliar with the stats?  Not everyone has the same risk here. Which is why I believe in people having the choice of which medical procedures or experiments they want to be a part of.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Which is why I believe in people having the choice of which medical procedures or experiments they want to be a part of.

I disagree with people having the "choice" to make others sick.  Get vaccinated or accept the consequences.  Stop whining 

• Like 1

Vaccinated also spread the virus. If you're "vaccine" actually worked you wouldn't be the one that actually is whining and supporting ostracism and loss of liberty on others. But it doesn't. So you are.

And please explain to the naturally immune why you are such a superior being for wanting to ostracize them and deprive them of their rights because you favor the Big Pharma therapeutic they're calling a vaccine over much cheaper or better alternatives that they refuse to allow accessibility to. 

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Boges said:

It speaks to the ethics of the fringe group of people who won't get vaccinated. 

No where in east Canada quote did it say everyone that was giving workers hard times where unvaccinated you just assumed it did. Passports have been in for couple weeks now here in NB, and most people know unless your vaccinated your not getting in, and they have stopped going out...which leaves the other half of the problem "the customers have been vaccinated at this point"... It's not a big deal most of the same restaurants offer home delivery, like any other non essential service is doing as every dollar counts right now... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

Passports have been in for couple weeks now here in NB, and most people know unless your vaccinated your not getting in, and they have stopped going out...which leaves the other half of the problem "the customers have been vaccinated at this point"... 

Which is the goal. 

18 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I disagree with people having the "choice" to make others sick.  Get vaccinated or accept the consequences.  Stop whining 

You would have a point the consequences were just some restrictions on movement or going to a non essential service like the movies... hey stay home anything that is being restricted is also available for delivery...But now those restrictions are getting out of control, losing your job, and in some cases your right to practice like medicine, nurses in the province they currently reside in...not that it would matter much it has got to the point that who is going to hire you as non vaccinated...

we also have some hospitals taking patients off the organ transplant list because they are not vaccinated.. now we have people making life and death decisions " get the shot or die"  i mean where do we go from here, forcing them into camps, arresting them, what is the next step... 

2 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Just ask Amazon or any of the other corporate monopolies that have been making out like bandits during this manufactured crisis.

Well luckily, in Ontario, retail isn't subject to the vaccine passport because mask mandates can stay in place. 

Also, if you have a business and have haven't opened a Shopify account by now. You're not doing business right. 

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

Which is the goal. 

Good for them, but if they are not allowed in, who ? is giving the workers a hard time... the only people allowed in are Vaccinated.. The unvaccinated already know they are not welcome and stay home...That was my point, you made a large assumption. 

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

You would have a point the consequences were just some restrictions on movement or going to a non essential service like the movies... hey stay home anything that is being restricted is also available for delivery...But now those restrictions are getting out of control, losing your job, and in some cases your right to practice like medicine, nurses in the province they currently reside in...not that it would matter much it has got to the point that who is going to hire you as non vaccinated...

we also have some hospitals taking patients off the organ transplant list because they are not vaccinated.. now we have people making life and death decisions " get the shot or die"  i mean where do we go from here, forcing them into camps, arresting them, what is the next step... 

Private and/or public entities have that right. 

We're not seeing the Biden tactic in the US where he's forcing companies to have vaccine mandates or they breach Health and Safety protocols. 

I'm pretty sure anyone that's implementing a vaccine mandate has ran the policy through legal first. 

This is why Anti-Vaxxers are on a lonely island. They really don't have much space to stand on. 

Just now, Army Guy said:

Good for them, but if they are not allowed in, who ? is giving the workers a hard time... the only people allowed in are Vaccinated.. The unvaccinated already know they are not welcome and stay home...That was my point, you made a large assumption. 

This is fair. 

I think the internet overplays the type of person that would make life hard for a service sector employee. All you see, on the internet, are people that think this is akin to Nazi Germany. 

I'm sure most people who don't want the vaccine quietly accept the result and post stupid shit they see on Facebook. 

Yes they do, but the nurse union i think in Alberta have taken the federal and provincial government to court over unlawful dismissals...so we will see.

Anyone that works for the feds or provincial regulated areas , have to be vaccinated, regardless if you are privatily owned or not, ALL health care workers must be vaccinated or face lay off's and license to practice canceled for the province they are employed in...And a lot of private business are going that route, giving employees a choice get the shot or leave...

We hope they ran it by someone... but did Justin run the SNC thing through legal....

like i said restrictions are one thing stay home and travel is restricted... now your fired or taken off a life saving operation list...where do you think the next step is going to be, arrest, specials camps, it is getting out of control when they can tell anyone sorry your done, we are not saving your life...

Edited by Army Guy

“Any business has the right to refuse anyone. That’s their business,” Ford said on a teleconference last week. “I highly highly encourage that people put on a face shield"

- Doug Ford, May 2020

As long as they do not refuse service based on anything covered in the human rights act (gender, race, religion, etc..)

They have every right to refuse service, and even if they did not thats no excuse for abusing workers.  File a complaint like a civilized citizen.  

The human rights act:

without being hindered in or prevented from doing so by discriminatory practices based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability or conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.

9 minutes ago, Boges said:

This is fair. 

I think the internet overplays the type of person that would make life hard for a service sector employee. All you see, on the internet, are people that think this is akin to Nazi Germany. 

I'm sure most people who don't want the vaccine quietly accept the result and post stupid shit they see on Facebook. 

I agree it is fair... my beef is these restrictions are growing everyday, and not in a good way...

Yes there are retards in every group, but at what point are these restrictions going to stop at, right now we have doctors making life and death decisions because someone is not vaccinated. refusing medical care !!! Geneva convention and Canadian law states anyone in need of medical attention must be given it, that includes combatants... Now if we have to in war time, why can we just skip this right in peace time... and if we have already skipped over this line in the sand what is the next line...arrest them, prisoner camps...