Conservative party leadersip (erin otoole)

9 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think a Tory O’Toole would not have been in favour of Northern Gateway, as opposed to the CPC O’Toole?

A proper conservative would have had multiple pipelines built to the coast by now. Not to mention LNG terminals. Australia has multiple LNG terminals. They're sure enjoying the huge increase in international natural gas prices! Making a fortune! Meanwhile, Canada can't even get one built. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

When people are reasonable and polite so am I. You are rarely either.

Your attempt to insult me isn't what I was referring to.  And anyone who still thinks women belong at home IS old, no matter their age in years.

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

Right. They can improve their skills and find better jobs.

Then why are so many well educated young people taking shit jobs?    

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

they can hire more public servants, and meanwhile business is driven away, foreign investment dries up because there are more profitable countries to invest in, and unemployment rises. Nice job!

That trickle down idea didn't pan out.  Corps too often take their wealth and offshore it, while doing almost nothing to improve the lot of their staff - unless forced to.

8 minutes ago, Argus said:

don't denigrate immigrants. I denigrate those who bring them here when they don't have the necessary skills to support themselves

Which, in your mind is virtually all immigrants.  Which reminds me - you denigrated and insulted a poster who was much more expert in immigration than you could ever hope to be me merely because that poster provided real data and info that disproved your claims.

Anyway, I'm already tired of you.  

12 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Your attempt to insult me isn't what I was referring to.  And anyone who still thinks women belong at home IS old, no matter their age in years.

Who said that? I pointed out the economic FACT that doubling the workforce lowers the value of labour. I said nothing about what should or should not have happened. You simply read things into other people's words born out of your own ideological fervour. 

Then why are so many well educated young people taking shit jobs?    

Maybe because their educational choices sucked? Or maybe because of such high immigration! Do you know that two thirds of Canadian software engineering grads leave the country because of low ages here - low wages caused by the floods of immigrants and temporary workers the government brings in.

That trickle down idea didn't pan out.  Corps too often take their wealth and offshore it, while doing almost nothing to improve the lot of their staff - unless forced to.

There  are taxation rules which could be implemented around such things but the government has never tried.

Which, in your mind is virtually all immigrants.

It's a lot of them. You yourself brought up the topic of immigrants in fast food places. why are they there? Why would we bring in immigrants to do shit jobs? Because Canadians won't do them because the wages are low because companies don't have to pay more because YOU and people like you insist on flooding the country with immigrants!

Don't blame the corporations for low wages. You're the one at fault. You and others who support mass immigration. When I was younger I was a security guard. We signed up with a union to improve wages. You know what the company did? It locked us all out and brought in a bunch of immigrants to do the work. Your immigration views are enthusiastically shared by the big corporations which want to pay low ages. Grats on having such great morality.

Which reminds me - you denigrated and insulted a poster who was much more expert in immigration than you could ever hope to be me merely because that poster provided real data and info that disproved your claims.

Name? Was it by any chance the immigration lawyer whose job and profits depend on high immigration? Or was it merely someone who agreed with you and thus instantly became a 'poster who knows more'.

Anyway, I'm already tired of you.  

I've been tired of you since you arrived. Eager to see you and your whiny ignorance depart.

Edited by Argus
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Argus said:

A proper conservative would have had multiple pipelines built to the coast by now. Not to mention LNG terminals. Australia has multiple LNG terminals. They're sure enjoying the huge increase in international natural gas prices! Making a fortune! Meanwhile, Canada can't even get one built. 

Proper conservatives would never disagree on where to put a pipeline?

17 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Proper conservatives would never disagree on where to put a pipeline?

On the coast. I don't care where as long as tankers can load there.

Edited by Argus

On 10/14/2021 at 8:03 PM, TreeBeard said:

I didn’t ask if you cared.  You stated proper conservatives would build pipelines all over.  I’m asking if proper conservatives could ever disagree on pipelines and where they should go. 

Now your just playing word games, Not every conservative is going to agree 100 % on every matter...but i can tell you pipelines is more acceptable to conservatives vice the left, fossil fuels are more important to the right than the left...