Conservative party leadersip (erin otoole)

5 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Yzer, where else would we have access to programs like Quirks and Quarks, Coronation Street, Ideas and As It Happens. 

if they are good enough shows to watch, some other broadcaster can pick them up

don't need the CBC for quality content, the CBC is there to prop up shitty content

private broadcasters do broadcasting better, by several orders of magnitude

Edited by Yzermandius19

Private broadcasters are marketed to the lowest common denominator. They do not provide programming aimed at the smaller market demographics. The CBC is owned by the Crown. The Crown provides services for all of us. You sound like a republican. 

Edited by Queenmandy85

56 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Private broadcasters are marketed to the lowest common denominator. They do not provide programming aimed at the smaller market demographics. The CBC is owned by the Crown. The Crown provides services for all of us. You sound like a republican. 

you sound like a communist

private broadcasters do a much better job

it's an absolute blow out in favor of the free market over the crown in terms of services delivered

their content is so much better

the CBC is garbage

the only thing it's good at is propaganda and propping up shitty content via affirmative action

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

The CBC has been airing the greatest show in history for 75 years now. 

no it hasn't

The CBC wouldn't know what a good show was

if a good show slapped the CBC in the face

the CBC doesn't even have one show in the top 100 of all time

they've never produced anything great

they occasionally produce some shows that don't completely suck

but they are massive outlier

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

no it hasn't

The CBC wouldn't know what a good show was

if a good show slapped the CBC in the face

Starting in 1936, the games were broadcast on the CRBC's successor, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. The series acquired its present title around the same time, coined by Foster Hewitt.

I wouldn't expect you to know who that is so I will give you a minute to look him up.  ?

4 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Starting in 1936, the games were broadcast on the CRBC's successor, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. The series acquired its present title around the same time, coined by Foster Hewitt.

I wouldn't expect you to know who that is so I will give you a minute to look him up.  ?

that's not a show

that is broadcasting a sport you like

and pretending it's a show

the CBC had nothing to do with that being quality content whatsoever

that was all about the hockey being played

it's not like private broadcasters can't air hockey games

they can and they do

the CBC does nothing useful

Edited by Yzermandius19

13 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

It has commentary and coach's corner also.  Commercials just like everything else on t.v.

so?

Don Cherry was fired, and their content during intermissions is trash, as is the pre and post game coverage

if it wasn't for the hockey, no one would watch it

the only thing people are watching for, has nothing to do with the CBC and is in spite of the CBC

the only non shitty content that the CBC has, has nothing to do with them

and is simply there to prop up the shitty content they actually have something to do with

there is nothing of value that the CBC does, that can't be done by private media companies much better than CBC does it

they are totally useless

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The problem is, Conservative activists are not the same as the voting public. I was an activist from Diefenbaker to MacKay's stabbing the Conservative party in the back, killing it. There are a lot of conservative activists in the party that hold really untenable ideas. I know, I'm one of them. We see anti vaxxers, anti fluoride people, and then some really crazy ones like me. I've heard some say get rid of the CBC, which was created by the Conservative government. This country would not exist if Conservative PM Sir John A. MacDonald had not poured taxpayer money into building the railway. We are carrying an enormous debt load from the response to Covid. Does anyone doubt a Conservative government would have handled it differently? I sure hope not. 

No government can govern through an ideological sense. Ideology is the stupid idea that a single philosophy can answer all problems It is the enemy of pragmatism and it is the main issue that holds the CPC back.

I think your wrong, i consider myself a conservative voter, and refrained from voting because of his mid change of direction, such as gun control stance, fossil fuels stance, etc... those in my opinions are not fringe ideas but real conservative values... 

I agree there are some tinfoil operators within the the right side of politics, but lets be frank there is just as many on the left side as well. But in O Toole case the platform he won to represent the Conservative party had large chunks of it changed mid course swinging more past the center and into hard red territory.

Getting rid of the CBC is not a fringe idea, and is not the same CBC when it first started out, it has now transformed into a leftist strong hold that does not represent both sides or for that matter the truth. Why would we fund one and not all the others, and are we getting our moneys worth. I mean most Canadians are not tuning in because of the great Canadian content, as we watch mostly American content, yes we tune into the news but that might be it... as for hockey again you can pick it up on the American channels as well...  

Yes we do carry a massive debt from the pandemic...and I'm sure the conservatives would have done some thing differently... and those expenses did not need to be so high, like paying teenagers CERB, while living at home with parents making over 150 K a year, and then giving them a x mas present and telling them they did not have to pay it back, and are still paying them out...there are many examples.  Yes i agree it was a time when everyone needed a hand out.. but like everything it was rushed and by rushing it , left huge loopholes that Canadians soon jumped on board the gravy train...like rats to a grain train...

13 hours ago, EastCanada90 said:

lol i pay my taxes so yea i vote for who offers me the most money.. like MOST people do lol..  its why the west vote tory and us east vote liberal.. each party benefits both areas more.

Not most people, just those that  share the same moral values as you, "which is i pay my taxes , you owe me bitch.. pay up".. The government owes you shit, mother F****er ,you pay your share so we can continue to live in the standard we do.... there is no concern for others groups or people that are in more need, screw them right... like those kids Justin has in court.. and you agree with... fu*k them they don't deserve it... and yet you still got your hand out...

I am a East coaster, and all of US do not follow your twisted sense of entitlement, Canada would do us all a favor by cutting the gravy train off, and forcing us to live within our means... Even the Premier of NB agrees. and limit those on welfare and UI to those that really need it , not some lobster fishermen that earn 6 figures in salaries. Lots of jobs in the Maritimes,  they are just beneath most Canadians...When i was growing up my dad had 2 jobs, and my mother worked at 3 to make ends meet, and while we grew up not very wealthy we lived through the whole process, made stronger by the experience...Time to get a some life experience free loader....

On 10/10/2021 at 10:52 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

The problem is, Conservative activists are not the same as the voting public. I was an activist from Diefenbaker to MacKay's stabbing the Conservative party in the back, killing it. There are a lot of conservative activists in the party that hold really untenable ideas. I know, I'm one of them. We see anti vaxxers, anti fluoride people, and then some really crazy ones like me. I've heard some say get rid of the CBC, which was created by the Conservative government. This country would not exist if Conservative PM Sir John A. MacDonald had not poured taxpayer money into building the railway. We are carrying an enormous debt load from the response to Covid. Does anyone doubt a Conservative government would have handled it differently? I sure hope not. 

No government can govern through an ideological sense. Ideology is the stupid idea that a single philosophy can answer all problems It is the enemy of pragmatism and it is the main issue that holds the CPC back.

are you still a tory supporter? i'll be honest otoole was the first time i debated voting for them until about 2 weeks in campaign when i stopped .

20 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Not most people, just those that  share the same moral values as you, "which is i pay my taxes , you owe me bitch.. pay up".. The government owes you shit, mother F****er ,you pay your share so we can continue to live in the standard we do.... there is no concern for others groups or people that are in more need, screw them right... like those kids Justin has in court.. and you agree with... fu*k them they don't deserve it... and yet you still got your hand out...

I am a East coaster, and all of US do not follow your twisted sense of entitlement, Canada would do us all a favor by cutting the gravy train off, and forcing us to live within our means... Even the Premier of NB agrees. and limit those on welfare and UI to those that really need it , not some lobster fishermen that earn 6 figures in salaries. Lots of jobs in the Maritimes,  they are just beneath most Canadians...When i was growing up my dad had 2 jobs, and my mother worked at 3 to make ends meet, and while we grew up not very wealthy we lived through the whole process, made stronger by the experience...Time to get a some life experience free loader....

the government owes me  lots and whatever i say they do lmao.. they waste everyones money  so yea i will damn make sure i get my money back and then some for taking it in the first place and goodluck ever cutting Ei seriously lol atlantic canada would riot .

Edited by EastCanada90

15 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

the government owes me  lots and whatever i say they do lmao.. they waste everyones money  so yea i will damn make sure i get my money back and then some for taking it in the first place and goodluck ever cutting Ei seriously lol atlantic canada would riot .

wouldn't it be better if they didn't take your money in the first place

instead of them giving you back your own money?

Edited by Yzermandius19

4 minutes ago, EastCanada90 said:

yep  unfortunatly never gonna happen lol

then why do support political parties that want to take more of your money just to give it back to you to try and buy your vote

while maligning the parties that want to do less of it, as if they are the problem instead?

that doesn't make sense

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

then why do support political parties that want to take more of your money just to give it back to you to try and buy your vote

while maligning the parties that want to do less of it, as if they are the problem instead?

that doesn't make sense

lol if your talking about the ppc party they will still take your money bro.

how does not wanting the government to take Atlantic Canada's money to bribe Atlantic Canadians to vote for them

so that Atlantic Canadians will be less dependent on the government doing that

bad for Atlantic Canada?

yet you yourself just said you agree that it would be better if they took less in the first place

so does that make you a traitor to Atlantic Canada too?

if not why is it just other Atlantic Canadian posters who say that who are the traitors and not you?

Edited by Yzermandius19